Roosh V Forum
Dating Guide for Mainland China - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Dating Guide for Mainland China (/thread-38876.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Dating Guide for Mainland China - TravelerKai - 01-25-2016

Quote: (01-24-2016 10:23 PM)ball dont lie Wrote:  

Quote: (01-22-2016 03:52 PM)marinhogomes Wrote:  

I've went to China, I was in Shangai, and I think they are the worst looking Asian chicks I have ever seen.

The street talent is terrible. Did not turn my head once for any chic I seen in the place.

They just have this poor Asian look. Most girls in Shanghai were like 6 and that's it.

There some truth to this in every city in Mainland China. People are poor for the most part. In bigger cities (more than 5 million people) there are obviously good looking people, how could there not be. The issue is: most people you walk past are ugly. Life beats them down, they have bad genetics, they lacked good nutrition when young or when the mother was pregnant, they work long hours, etc. The good looking girls know they are good looking in any city in China. When they look out the window of their boyfriends BMW/Audi6 they see millions of really unattractive, beaten down people. Life is hard here.

I was walking to this spa I like to go to in the winter near my place for the sauna and I walked past this guy waiting for the bus, he was screaming into his cellphone and then started crying, he looked broken. He was wearing ragged looking clothes and it was cold as fuck out, -25C. This kind of society does not produce hot girls. Ive seen a lot of California Asians and the girls look way better, because life is easier, they don't have to wait outside in the wind and -25C for their bus every morning and night, they eat better food. All these things lead to lots of unattractive people here in China. Its like this all over Asia, probably less so in Japan and S.Korea, not surprisingly the girls there look better on average and have more better looking girls. Girls that are 5's in China would be 6's or 7's if born in the states and had a feminine mother to teach them how to dress and have a better haircut (girls here mostly have ugly hairstyles - think terrible bangs that go right down to their eyes, covering their eyebrows - though I really like the thick, black hair itself

Chinese girls really shine in the summer when they wear their tight cotton 10 dollar dresses and their water bras. Girls here are flat for the most part. Through genetics I have a big chest and lift, many times I fuck with girls on dates about my chest is bigger than theirs, they should start lifting with me. But in the summer, wearing their cute thin dresses with their thick bras, its a sea of 5's and 6's. If you are cool with thin, cute 6's, its party time.

All the hot girls Ive met in NE china where I live have something off about them. Attitude, judgmental, picky, their beauty comes from a boob job, new nose and double eyelid surgery, etc. Ive escaped some near marriages to 9s that had phds, money. Once I had the time to reflect, I would have hated marrying those girls. I also don't have the rock solid frame necessary to get into a marriage. For a relationship I can also skip out ,but in marriage that card is gone, especially with kids.

Great post except for that part. I cannot agree there. One of the main reasons I don't is because most Asians in the US have much bigger thighs (etc) like other American girls and are literally a few Krispy Kreme boxes away from being legitimately fat.
If you look at Southern Cantonese women in China that eat sugary stuff but walk alot, their legs are about the same sizes as back home, except they have muscular cuts and almost look Chun Li like. I never lived in Cali, just been a few times for a little bit. I don't see a gulf of difference in them on beauty compared to other Asian Americans living in Houston or New York for example. There is just alot more of them over there than the other two places. They also dress more Western and like you said before, they do not have those silly bangs/haircuts.

That said, like Tuthmosis said before, guys need to learn how to extrapolate. If you cannot tell a 7 wearing a potato sack is a 7 and not a 4, you need to work on your eyes more. I saw a cougar/milf walking around today with the goofiest purple jeans and a corny black t shirt, with pinned back hair, and something else on her head. She popped my radar out of the corner of my eye for a reason though. Her curvature was ridiculously outta this world. She was dressed down and looking lowkey, but my eyes cannot be fooled that easily. I spot women like that on jogging paths all the time even when they have on ball caps and baggy sweatpants on.

A main on the rotation is easy to suggest a new hairdo to... Since going to the salon to wash their hair is done at least 2-4 times a week and it is dirt cheap to go, unlike in the West.... I'm just sayin....

Quote: (01-25-2016 12:01 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

I'm laughing at Hong Kong for good looking girls. I've been to Hong Kong a few times during the day and I can't remember a single good looking girl being out during the day. Could be different at night, but I was not impressed with Hong Kong--but I am not impressed with the looks of Cantonese girls in general. As far as Indos and Pinays in Hong Kong go, why the hell would I go to China for Indos and Pinays?

I'm with Global It all depends on how you feel about the average chinese girl anyway. If you're looking for huge tits and asses then china is definitely not where you want to be. I Don't mind medium to smallish tits and asses in china becuase the girls tend to be far more pleasant than their physically endowed sisters in the west. Yeah, the genetics thing is true, but I just see that as a part of the game.The average girl in most countries isn't much to look at, but I think a cute chinese girl isn't that hard to find in Shenzhen.

However, Shenzhen does have a huge advantage over other Tier-1 Chinese cities: it is close to Hunan, Hubei and Sichuan. I find Hunan, Hubei and Sichuan girls to be the best looking ones I've seen so far and Shenzhen has them out in droves.

BJ is reportedly fully of ugly girls from hebei and Henan, so I can't dispute that. As I said in another post, I find that those girls look like those troll dolls that were the craze when I was young.

But yeah, I'm not really sure why dudes are surprised that china is just bustling with 9s and 10s everywhere. Please show me a country where 9s and 10s are the average?

Excellent post and very spot on. You and Global.

Quote: (01-25-2016 12:51 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Fair enough, I don't know HK so well, but I don't like HK for reasons beyond the women. I won't spend my time talking about that.

Now, onto the point about the "hot" girls being out at night.

I'm not quite in agreement with you there, at least in Shenzhen. Cocopark (one of the major nightlife areas in shenzhen) is definitely not attracting the best looking chinese girls at night. My friends and I go out there and sometimes play a game "is that chick ugly or is she hideous." The night life quality in shenzhen is really bad in my opinion. The hottest girls out at night tend to come with their huge groups of friends sit at a table with the orbiters, boyfriends and play the dice game. The rest of the Chinese crowd there are between 4-6 and older careerist type chicks. Sure, you can smash them, but it's whatever. Do you really want to come to china and bang the same girls you hated back home with the only difference being that they speak broken english and have almond-shaped eyes? Me? Nope.

If I were to come into shenzhen for a few days and wanted to get laid I wouldn't go out to cocopark or bother with night game for anything other than getting wasted and enjoying myself.. I'd fire up wechat nearby or walk around the huge mall in Futian and try my luck there. YOu could get a better looking girl with less effort and less drama.

if you go to the right area (certain spots in nanshan, futian or luohu district) you'll see tons of hot girls in summer skirts running around going about their daily lives in the day time.

Global entry and I got lunch in Futian and we were constantly turning going "oh shit, look!" and seeing good looking chinese girls while the sun was up.

This isn't USA where a lot of hot girls are all about the club. Most Chinese girls I run into don't even chill at the clubs like that. it isn't like USA where people are looking to hit up the bar on the weekend and get wasted and hook up with a new man every week.

I don't know about Japan or Korea, but in Shenzhen the hottest girls are definitely not out at night looking to get swooped like they might be in USA.

The hottest/cutest women in China DO NOT go to clubs at night. Certainly not any that are traditional good girls. If they did, it's never alone and it almost always has something to do with guanxi. They are not necessarily there to hook up either. The hottest women in China are technically "underaged" from a social aspect to bother wasting their time in places like that. The reason why is because most under 24 are too busy with school to even think about going. The KTV with friends gets much heavier rotation than a club if anything. That is one of the major reasons why it makes the 18-23 girls tougher to catch and date. I honestly lost count of how many in that group have ever flaked on me for a date. It used to piss me off alot, but I learned the hard way that Summer time is like your best shot to sneak into their busy lives. Outside of that, it can really become flake city. The colleges in China are really more like a boarding school on semi-lockdown. Those gals were always the hottest too. Every blue moon I would catch one that was not in a university, but that was not often. A good exploit is to see if you can catch some of the cute ones that only do a 2 year stint in a technical college or whatnot. Not always full of hotties, but there can be incredible gems in them. Those chicks are 21 -23 and free to run around with you outside work time. I caught my wife like this.

If you guys could understand Mandarin well enough you would know that girls that club alot are looked down upon by some other girls. They have names for that type of girl which kinda translates out to "bitch" in English. Chinese women have a totem pole of where they rank women subconsciously. Just to make it simple for the sake of time instead a full breakdown, girls that club alot are ranked somewhere between xiaosans and the town sluts/nympho.

As you can imagine, many of the super hot, intelligent, and richer ones tend to always go to a good 4 year school or study abroad in the West. That is a component of their family trying to set up the next stage for them.

You really have to know where to look. Certain kinds of women are more visible in business district areas, etc. While an occasional stunner may be found inside a 4-5 star hotel, might actually be a xiaojie! You can find dressed down lookers coming even out of a factory, just like their might be young hot secretaries inside too. They do not last long though. Dudes try to cuff them with the quickness, then take them off the market completely by working them in their family business or make em stay home. My wife's hottest friend got married to an somewhat older dude that owns a jewelry store. I asked my wife if she works in there, she said, nope he makes her stay home and buys her whatever she wants. Chick is at least a 9. As soon as they get cuffed, you won't see em out and about. No one in their right mind would send their hot and young wife out to work in China for no good reason. That's asking for her to get stolen and many Chinese men don't invest in diamond rings/regular rings to stop approaches either, although that is starting to change...

Quote: (01-25-2016 08:26 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

One suggestion for the SH crowd would be to keep a close eye on transplants, especially the very recent arrivals. SH like SZ (and BJ) is full of girls from other provinces. Recent arrivals won't have the "I'm Shanghai-ese, worship me" attitude that many of the long-term residents or the locals will have thats turning off so many of you guys (personally, I expect some of these shit tests and nonsense from very high end girls who have access to money - its just normal, and at least they are worth it until you get them undressed, after which time, at least normally in China, the shit flips and you can chop her up and she'll still chase you for a while).

Spot on. I have an itch for Hunan women. I just prefer them and their food. Using online dating sites and other stuff I could easily screen for them and collect a good amount of them at any given time, no matter where in China I was at. I like Guangzhou as a base and there are lots of those girls around there. You don't have to be in Changsha to have access to Hunan girls. Sometimes my picks would be off and it would be a Sichuan girl or whatever but after a while you really can tell by facial features where a chick might be from. You could be off a few hundred miles sometimes, but better than being 100% way off course. In the field, once your Mandarin skills grow, you can tell by accents around you too. I never daygamed like that before, but I could understand a Southern dialect heard outside by someone while in Beijing for example. Shit I hear Hunan people passing by folks in Chinatown here sometimes. My head turns at the same time my wife does, and she will say what exact part of Hunan they are from. I cannot do all that just yet, but I could still tell they were from Hunan.

I'm sure you guys could expand on that strategy/technique in the years to come I bet.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Mentavious - 01-25-2016

Maybe Suits was trying to keep trolls out of China by doing a bit of reverse trolling.

Quote: (01-25-2016 08:17 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Maybe Suits was trying to keep trolls out of China by doing a bit of reverse trolling.

I doubt that, he actively encourages China for many things. Staying in China too long just jades you. See former RVF member BadWolf for example. He could have been jaded like that from jump street, but I wouldn't really know. I would never recommend staying there longterm continuously, but that might change someday. Who knows. The place is changing rapidly everyday.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fortis - 01-25-2016

Quote: (01-25-2016 08:17 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Haha, I haven't considered trolling and saying "china is awful" to keep you dudes out of here.

[Image: wink.gif]

Nah, China is one of those places that will evolve as your perspective changes. If that
makes any sense.

@ Travelerkai

Hell yes for Hunan girls. [Image: banana.gif]

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Kamaki4 - 01-25-2016

I was wondering why every time I'm in Shanghai, Beijing or Yunnan province I see very few attractive women during the day. Two days later I am back in Chiang Mai and I see plenty of hot Chinese tourists. To all the China experts on the forum, is there a city or region in China that stands out, where the average girl is attractive?

Quote: (01-25-2016 09:34 PM)Kamaki4 Wrote:  

I was wondering why every time I'm in Shanghai, Beijing or Yunnan province I see very few attractive women during the day. Two days later I am back in Chiang Mai and I see plenty of hot Chinese tourists. To all the China experts on the forum, is there a city or region in China that stands out, where the average girl is attractive?

Yunnan? Really?

Read posts# 2 and 3 on this thread for my answer to your question. The others can chime in if they like.

Show of hands for any guys that adjust their scores on comparisons on makeup reasons alone? Homey that compared California Asians to Asians in Asia for example. In the US damn near every women wears makeup. Ethnicity does not matter. In China for example, not so much. Many under 24 just wash their faces and run outside. Which is good and bad. Depends upon the girl's talent and the objective, obviously...

So when you blow by a girl in a goofy outfit and funky bangs, that looks 19 or whatever with no makeup on whatsoever, what are we grading here? Eye symmetry? Nose to chin distance? Do the unshaped eyebrows throw you off too? That is 5-10 RMB in the mall or street shop. If you pointed to a salon that does that, she would be strange to turn that down. Some girls that are very young and inexperienced, require "activation" to give a good shit about certain things. That's why I could understand why Skip Steps style of game, except for the spending 1000's of dollar parts on teeth and education, etc. That's wack, even I am too cheap for that. HE was correct in a sense that as the man (if you are going to keep the girl for a while at least), guidance can pull the 7-8 out of some of them. If your idea of an 8 is a heavy makeup chick dressed to the 9s in a tight and short dress, you would be surprised if you put the exact same get up on some of these gals nextdoor so to speak. You don't need to front a lifestyle for them with your cash. Some of these gals have more money than you and I. A suggestion can even go a long way and even a few RMB is nothing for a styling session, etc...

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Kamaki4 - 01-26-2016

Quote: (01-25-2016 10:05 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Yunnan? Really?

Read posts# 2 and 3 on this thread for my answer to your question. The others can chime in if they like.

I read your posts on the first page when you started the thread and reread it again today. The question wasn't which regions have the most attractive Chinese girls. It was, are there any cities or regions in China, where you get off the plane spend a few days and nights and come to the conclusion, man this city is teaming with hot women? Plenty of cities in different countries around the world like that, some in Asia too.

Just curious, because I haven't been to any of the cities or regions that have been mentioned as the best places for attractive Chinese girls. I'm not a China neophyte, but far from an expert. Never lived there but have visited a few cities and one region (Yunnan). I also don't understand what you mean by "Yunnan? Really?"

Dating Guide for Mainland China - BlueOcean - 01-26-2016

This might be off topic, but I'll ask this question anyway.

How common is it for Chinese men to keep mistresses? I was under the impression that this practice is very widespread for successful businessmen and govt bureaucrats. My impression has been that a lot of Chinese men work themselves to death in the hopes that someday, if they make a lot of money, they can take on a mistress. In China, older men with money get the women. Men without money (even younger men) struggle in the dating market.

I'm curious if this impression is correct.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - TravelerKai - 01-26-2016

Quote: (01-26-2016 12:23 AM)Kamaki4 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2016 10:05 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Yunnan? Really?

I read your posts on the first page when you started the thread and reread it again today. The question wasn't which regions have the most attractive Chinese girls. It was, are there any cities or regions in China, where you get off the plane spend a few days and nights and come to the conclusion, man this city is teaming with hot women? Plenty of cities in different countries around the world like that, some in Asia too.

Just curious, because I haven't been to any of the cities or regions that have been mentioned as the best places for attractive Chinese girls. I'm not a China neophyte, but far from an expert. Never lived there but have visited a few cities and one region (Yunnan). I also don't understand what you mean by "Yunnan? Really?"

Yunnan is.... very indigenous in parts. It has expansive wilderness and is home to animals that exist nowhere else in the world. I have never been there before, yet I know what the women are like there. I have met one girl from there before. They are sweet, but looks are not as good as the rest of China. Anyone that does not know, should Google it.

I don't know what to tell you man. I would think someone who has been to those 3 places can figure out the differences between a remote place and a Tier 1 city. If you want a place that is hop off the plane and surrounded by hot women, I don't know if China is that place. Hell I cannot think of anyplace like that. It's almost like you are asking for a place that is like the Philippines, but teaming with hotness on top of volume. My recommendations still stand. Chongqing is #1 in China. If you don't like the girls there, then I don't know what to tell you. Allegedly there is someone on the forum that loves that place but refuses to broadcast it to others and share his spots... It's really not a secret. This has been the case for decades.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - TravelerKai - 01-26-2016

Quote: (01-26-2016 04:56 AM)BlueOcean Wrote:  

This might be off topic, but I'll ask this question anyway.

How common is it for Chinese men to keep mistresses? I was under the impression that this practice is very widespread for successful businessmen and govt bureaucrats. My impression has been that a lot of Chinese men work themselves to death in the hopes that someday, if they make a lot of money, they can take on a mistress. In China, older men with money get the women. Men without money (even younger men) struggle in the dating market.

I'm curious if this impression is correct.

Very common. In some regions it can be damn near mandatory or in certain circles, in order to be respected and promoted. Some officials are started to be more low key about shit, but in the past, a few situations occurred where several were in a group all with their er nai, not their wives. Reminds you of the Italian Mafia from the old days eh? Friday nights were reserved for the girlfriends and mistresses. Saturday nights were reserved for going out with the wives.

If you ever find yourself in more circles with Chinese men, you might get a chance to see some of this yourself someday.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - BlueOcean - 01-26-2016

Thanks. Among some of the Chinese immigrants in America (especially the Fujianese businessmen in NYC), the mentality is to work hard when they're young. If they build a successful business, many will take on young mistresses when they get older. Their really isn't much of a concept of gaming (at least among the poorer immigrants). It's more like "first you get the money, then you get the women."

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Global Entry - 01-26-2016

Its not only rich guys w/ mistresses in China, either. Its a just a matter of degree. Rich comes in different forms in China, so a guy with an important position in a local government, even if he's not swimming in cash, will have the guanxi to attract a decent mistress most likely. And if he doesn't have one, his friends may claim that he's unsuccessful, not good at his job, even on the way to being replaced.

Additionally, because of the broad economic spectrum, a guy making 3000 RMB a month may have a mistress. She's not going to be a superstar by any means, but rather probably a woman from an even lower economic strata. His gifts to her would not be gucci/fendi, but would be small pocket money, perhaps, and things of that ilk, but he's still her sugar daddy in the overall order of things. And thus, she would have her place in the world as a result.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fortis - 01-26-2016

I have male students who I am 1000% sure come to english classes to scout for prospective mistresses. I also know many girls there aren't there to learn english. They're there to catch a chinese guy on the come up.

I've seen so many guys (and girls) swooping wechat numbers before and after classes.

I'm like [Image: ohshit.gif]

Dating Guide for Mainland China - donnie514 - 04-03-2016

Its been 1 month I've been in Xi'an now working. First time in China. What is the deal with these girls and mothers stopping to take a picture with me. Is it just a fun picture to put on there wechat or does it mean game on for me and proceed to get number?

This happens when I'm at my work. Most of the time its with these young girls however today on separate occasions 2 mothers with there babies came and did it. for one of them I think it might have been the husband who took the picture.

The other day my big boss came and ate supper with his daughter who I pegged at 18-20 years old. The time she ate she barely looked at me and never spoke even when I said Hi. When her dad left though she came running, hugged my arm and took a fast selfie before running off to catch up with her family.

They always catch me off guard so Im always a bit stunned.

Any tips on what to say or how to proceed?

Dating Guide for Mainland China - TravelerKai - 04-03-2016

Quote: (04-03-2016 12:03 PM)donnie514 Wrote:  

Its been 1 month I've been in Xi'an now working. First time in China. What is the deal with these girls and mothers stopping to take a picture with me. Is it just a fun picture to put on there wechat or does it mean game on for me and proceed to get number?

This happens when I'm at my work. Most of the time its with these young girls however today on separate occasions 2 mothers with there babies came and did it. for one of them I think it might have been the husband who took the picture.

The other day my big boss came and ate supper with his daughter who I pegged at 18-20 years old. The time she ate she barely looked at me and never spoke even when I said Hi. When her dad left though she came running, hugged my arm and took a fast selfie before running off to catch up with her family.

They always catch me off guard so Im always a bit stunned.

Any tips on what to say or how to proceed?

You must not be in a big city, definitely not tier 1 or 2, to be having this happen that often. Happened to me a little bit, but it was always in the countryside or somewhere remote in China.

I always put bunny ears on their heads since they do not know any better to protest, or I flex my muscles at the camera like a narcissist. I figure since they want to troll me, I will troll them back and have fun with it. Maybe 10 years later when they have seen enough foreigners or traveled the world, they will look back at that photo and feel ashamed for doing that. [Image: tongue.gif] Sometimes I just shake their hands instead. Depends upon how much of a douchebag they are acting.

You gotta understand that mixed/black/Anglos/non-Asians are exotic in China. Can you imagine growing up your entire life and seeing people that only look like you the entire time? Some Chinese I met before have only seen Obama and his staff as their first foreigners on TV, only because he was with their president. Others I met only thought whites were the only kind of American because they had not even seen other colors of Americans. If you are black or darkish/mixed the exotic factor goes up even higher.

It can be too easy to feel like a piece of meat at a zoo, but you gotta understand where they are coming from. Yeah it's ignorant and rude, even to educated Chinese that have decent exposure to the outside world, but China has the most illiterate people in the entire world. When you take all these factors into consideration, you can relax about that stuff, just like how I did. It seems silly, but you may have made that persons entire year or month by taking a photo with them. If you take yourself too seriously in China you will end up in a fight eventually or worse. Think of it as another kind of game related shit test, except it's "public social game" and not "skirt chasing game".

Besides, if you learn more Chinese, you can really have some fun like ask the girls to kiss for the camera. They will laugh which is good. All of us are guests in their land and if we can make lasting impressions that are great encounters, anytime their media or others try to demonize or look down on all "laowai", they won't feel the same because you were so cool to them.

Great question by the way.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - donnie514 - 04-03-2016

Quote: (04-03-2016 01:46 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

You must not be in a big city, definitely not tier 1 or 2, to be having this happen that often. Happened to me a little bit, but it was always in the countryside or somewhere remote in China.

I always put bunny ears on their heads since they do not know any better to protest.

I'm in Xi'an, suppose to be a Tier 2 from what I was told but my boss says its lower than that as there are full of farmers from countryside. All the tourists come, stay in hotels, go see the terracotta warriors and this big museum then bounce.

I will do the Bunny ears, awesome idea I love it maybe even do a funny face. If they want me to be a clown then I can go full on ridiculous.

Thanks for your answer. Great thread btw.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fortis - 04-04-2016

It goes both ways. Honestly, I HATE it when some farmer stares at me like I have 6 heads or something, but just keep your cool and keep it moving. I'm in a tier one city (Shenzhen) and I deal with stares and open guffaws. It does get tired after a while, but there isn't anything you can do about it.

God forbid you're walking down the street with a good looking chinese girl. I've had farmers talking shit to my girl while she's walking with me. The level of ignorance you will encounter in china can be staggering sometimes.

You have tons of migrants from the outlying villages in any given tier 3 and above chinese city, so you just have to take it as something that is par for the course and keep moving.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Lostdreams - 04-04-2016

A county-level official will have assets in the hundreds of millions (yes, that's 9 figures), the level of graft is astounding in China. A few million in kickbacks won't even trigger the radar, unless political machinations are trying to bring the guy down.

The 3000RMB/month guy getting his mistresses are more in severely gender-imbalanced places like Dongguan, where girls outnumber guys.

Overall, it's still a great place to be, where girls are feminine, common sense largely prevails, and patriarchy is prevalent.

Fortis sauce, nice seeing you on here

Where else would you know me from? I only use this handle on this site.

PM me.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - TravelerKai - 04-04-2016

Quote: (04-04-2016 01:12 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

It goes both ways. Honestly, I HATE it when some farmer stares at me like I have 6 heads or something, but just keep your cool and keep it moving. I'm in a tier one city (Shenzhen) and I deal with stares and open guffaws. It does get tired after a while, but there isn't anything you can do about it.

God forbid you're walking down the street with a good looking chinese girl. I've had farmers talking shit to my girl while she's walking with me. The level of ignorance you will encounter in china can be staggering sometimes.

You have tons of migrants from the outlying villages in any given tier 3 and above chinese city, so you just have to take it as something that is par for the course and keep moving.

Yeah the shit talking is pretty funny. I've posted about it before, but if you got a hot one, the jealous dudes will say shit from time to time. The less Chinese you can understand helps alot. Lots of time they are talking shit in Cantonese or some other localism that even your girl may not understand. Even if she is Chinese multilingual , she won't understand all of them. They know to blow it off anyway. I have never seen a Chinese woman put up with shitty catcalls or trash talk from the street. They blow shit off like professionals on a mission.

I think the worst staredown I ever got in China was from a gang of French dudes with their girlfriends. They really seemed like they wanted to fight me. It was the strangest thing. I may be French mixed, but I speak zero French. I am pretty sure they cursed me out too. You rarely hear about laowai vs laowai fights in China but they do happen, usually in a foreigner bar or something like that. Always be cautious about other foreigners in China. Many are not anything like us. Some of them are into dangerous shit (drugs, smuggling, etc) and may be jealous as fuck if they see you with a prime catch.

^ Oh yeah. I know a bit about that. Sadly, in Shenzhen you'll hear about foreigners dying (about once a month) under mysterious circumstances related to drugs and/or alcohol.

Actually, I think we had 3 guys die in 2 months from "alcohol poisoning."

Don't fuck around with foreigners who travel in packs. The government can be strangely lax about laowai on laowai violence and it's just not worth it to get into it with anyone here because Shenzhen is a big city with a small expat community. You probably know the guy you're brawling with or he knows someone that you know so it's just a bad look.