Roosh V Forum
Video games - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Video games (/thread-4101.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Video games - lonewolf1992 - 03-15-2019

Quote: (03-15-2019 06:13 AM)Obermarschall Wrote:  

Don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but what about Cities Skylines?

I personally like it (on PC of course!) and it just relaxes me, building a city, detailing here and there etc

20 hours so far in it (in 3 months) as I'm trying to keep my gaming moderate. But the game is quite addicting. Spend a lot of time figuring out how to build intersections and keep traffic smooth. Mostly play on weekends.

Video games - [email protected] - 03-15-2019

Metro exodus: a cross between a survival/scavenger game and a sneak game rather than a FPS. Playing on the hardest difficulty is a bit of a challenge but otherwise you will run through the game quickly.

I played it on a friend's Xbox and I feel like this is not meant for console play. The graphics card on console isn't powerful and playing dark areas in the game is very difficult and you end up straining your eyes trying to see. I was using a 4k TV but it didn't help. When I watched people on YouTube play this game on their PC it looked much more playable.

Video games - Mekorig - 03-15-2019

Just found this game, Kenshi. Its like the unholy child of The Sims, Fallout and old Kurosawa movies. Very adicting, especially when you choose the hardest begginings, like be cruxified in the middle of a desert without your left arm.

Video games - Foolsgo1d - 03-15-2019

Quote: (03-15-2019 10:20 AM)lonewolf1992 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2019 06:13 AM)Obermarschall Wrote:  

Don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but what about Cities Skylines?

I personally like it (on PC of course!) and it just relaxes me, building a city, detailing here and there etc

20 hours so far in it (in 3 months) as I'm trying to keep my gaming moderate. But the game is quite addicting. Spend a lot of time figuring out how to build intersections and keep traffic smooth. Mostly play on weekends.

Its a nice game, time can really fly by but it requires a LOT of mods and improvements from Steam workshop. SOmetimes the mods are deleted or discontinued and then a critical error comes up and it wont let you play the game until you find that entity in your save and delete it.

[Image: dodgy.gif]

Once your city gets 150k+ in a dense area of your large map you need a big PC for it.[Image: lol.gif]

Video games - sterling_archer - 03-15-2019

Anyone hyped about Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice? It is from creators of Souls series but it will not feature same mechanic.

Video games - Glaucon - 03-16-2019

ok, I played Assassins Creed Odyssey for 6 hours but I cant take it anymore. Never buying AC again...

I just cant take the propaganda showed up in my ass anymore, fuck all of them.

When is Doom Eternal coming out, I need something to appease my male fantasy.

Video games - Easy_C - 03-16-2019

A game that appeals to male power fantasies you say?

Glaucon, you already know what I'm going to recommend.

Video games - Batman_ - 03-16-2019

Quote: (03-16-2019 02:18 AM)Glaucon Wrote:  

ok, I played Assassins Creed Odyssey for 6 hours but I cant take it anymore. Never buying AC again...

Fuck Assassins Creed. The first few games were incredible - AC2 in particular was probably one of my favorite games ever.

But Ubisoft decided to milk the series and go down the cash grab route similar to CoD where they shit out a bunch of poorly made games that get progressively worse. The series is now ruined and it's sad.

Video games - Foolsgo1d - 03-16-2019

People who buy Ubisoft games deserve their fate. [Image: lol.gif]

Video games - Aurini - 03-16-2019

Care to specify?

Video games - MikeS - 03-16-2019

Quote: (03-16-2019 11:28 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Ubisoft has delivered quite a few of my favourite game experiences over the years. Most recently Assassin's Creed Odyssey (I'm not overly affected by the supposed propaganda. I picked the male character, and the only really disturbing thing was the excessively gay guy who wanted to invite me in for foursome with a woman and a goat - but I'm under the impression that might not be historically unusual for ancient Greece), and right now The Division 2 (which is just plain awesome).
Ghost Recon Wildlands (very underrated in my opinion), Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creed Origins as other great titles from the last couple of years. The Crew 2 isn't half bad either, although it fell short of my expectations (and I haven't been particularly enthusiastic about racing games in general the last 6-8 months).

As far as major publishers go Ubisoft is a pretty big step above Activision let alone EA in regularly delivering good, mostly not broken games, without going too overboard on microtransactions (usually only cosmetic).
I know that sounds like damning with faint praise, but compared to EA and Activision they seem like a positively customer caring company.

Video games - Glaucon - 03-16-2019

Women soldiers in spartan and greek army, women bandit leaders (!), women bow master maker... the last straw was when an old woman hit on my char on broad daylight, basically begging for cock, and then giving me a mission to get ingredients for an elixir for his husband that makes him last longer during sex. Peak degeneracy.

Video games - Easy_C - 03-16-2019

Well, the people who make these games are generally pretty repressed. It's gotta come out somehow.

Quote: (03-16-2019 02:58 PM)Glaucon Wrote:  

Women soldiers in spartan and greek army, women bandit leaders (!), women bow master maker... the last straw was when an old woman hit on my char on broad daylight, basically begging for cock, and then giving me a mission to get ingredients for an elixir for his husband that makes him last longer during sex. Peak degeneracy.

Maybe I've just given up, but I frankly don't give much of a shit about this stuff anymore in my video games unless there are very overt anti-male, anti-white messages. Which I haven't felt in Ubisoft games yet.

I was also rarely bothered about "strong women" in fantasy/sci-fi movies (and games) from the past several decades.
Those were not depictions of realistic capabilities. My limit seems to be where it becomes - as said above - anti-male or female-vastly-superior (eg. the Mary Sue trend in latest Star Wars movies and presumably Captain Marvel, which I haven't watched. Even Wonder Woman was thoroughly enjoyable as she retained most of her femininity and loved a man).

Virtually the entire entertainment industry is run by leftists of various degrees of extremism. Ideally I should just be watching old movies and playing old video games. Which is fine I guess, but not what I want to do since I'm still feeling well entertained by plenty of new stuff.
Hell, just today it put a happy smile on my face to read that James Gunn has been rehired as director for Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (I loved the first one, second one was a bit meh). He might possibly be a terrible person for the insanely tasteless jokes he made ten years ago that got him fired in the first place, but I don't think I would be watching any modern entertainment if I was required to admire the cast and crew behind it.

Video games - Simeon_Strangelight - 03-16-2019

Quote: (03-08-2019 01:16 PM)MikeS Wrote:  

Quote: (03-08-2019 12:47 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Skip to the 1:05 mark for the highlight of this very deep and enlightening review.

Gruff white male protagonist.
An entire Kotaku article using about the same words for this game - and predictably spending paragraphs lamenting 30s white males as game protagonists - was in my Google feed yesterday, and I was stupid enough to read it.
Surprisingly though they did actually have mostly positive things to say about the latest press previews. Apparently some of the dialogue and other things have been rewritten since the first previews a couple of years ago, so maybe the gruff white male - while obviously still massively offensive for being white and particularly male - might now be slightly kinder and more verbally sensitive between killing sprees.

Why is the entire gaming press (minus some YouTubers) far left wing when even many major game developers - and parts of the mainstream press - haven't quite gone that insane yet?
What went wrong with the people who grew up with the early generations of video games like others of us born in the 70s and 80s? None of them left in the media and all positions filled by millennials?

Most media outlets are globohomo-infested shitstains because the globohomos like to control the press, so of course the gaming press cannot be left alone as a few companies own it all. Also the globohomos can exert pressure on advertising and via Mastercard/Paypal they can easily snuff out real non-political alternatives. A ReturnOfKings-style gaming site would not survive since anything from advertising to payment processing would boycott it. In the end they would ban the site off Twitter and Youtube, because the globohomos don't like competitive viewpoints.

The game producers cannot blast out SJW content or they get slaughtered by based independent, Japanese or Eastern European/Russian outlets. If they go full SJW, then they die - they go the way of comics and they know it. So they have to stick at least to some basic fundamental hero arcs and stick some propaganda dildo in your ass while you are not looking.

Video games - Player_1337 - 03-16-2019

Been on a trip down Twisted Metal memory lane recently.
Twisted 2 and Black are still my favorites and appear to be the most enduring installments for most fans. From a narrative perspective, Black was unforgettable-- as each character's backstory (unlocked via the Story Mode) played out like a series finely crafted horror movie vignettes.

Many forget Twisted's tremendous impact on selling the PSX in it's early days (first game dropped in 1995). It put the car combat genre on the map and was followed by countless imitators in the late 90's and early 2000's (Vigilante 8, anyone?). The industry has evolved rapidly since then, and there probably isn't room for a modern iteration in the current gaming landscape.

It would be great to get one final, definitive release to triumphantly cap off the franchise (bringing together best elements of 2 and Black-- similar to what Twisted Metal 2012 on the PS3 seemingly tried to capture, but clearly fell short). David Jaffe appears to be on board- but unfortunately the reboot from 2012 probably only achieved mediocre sales, plus Sony own the rights to the property and likely don't give a damn.

Video games - ball dont lie - 03-16-2019

Twisted metal 2 was a classic game with excellent mechanics and balance between cars.

It seems like it could easily be recreated in this new gaming environment of online games but for some reason has not. This is besides the fact it was incredibly well liked and would be a huge hit if a new version was made.

Who knows.

Video games - Foolsgo1d - 03-16-2019

Quote: (03-16-2019 02:57 PM)MikeS Wrote:  

Ubisoft has delivered quite a few of my favourite game experiences over the years. Most recently Assassin's Creed Odyssey (I'm not overly affected by the supposed propaganda. I picked the male character, and the only really disturbing thing was the excessively gay guy who wanted to invite me in for foursome with a woman and a goat - but I'm under the impression that might not be historically unusual for ancient Greece), and right now The Division 2 (which is just plain awesome).
Ghost Recon Wildlands (very underrated in my opinion), Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creed Origins as other great titles from the last couple of years. The Crew 2 isn't half bad either, although it fell short of my expectations (and I haven't been particularly enthusiastic about racing games in general the last 6-8 months).

As far as major publishers go Ubisoft is a pretty big step above Activision let alone EA in regularly delivering good, mostly not broken games, without going too overboard on microtransactions (usually only cosmetic).
I know that sounds like damning with faint praise, but compared to EA and Activision they seem like a positively customer caring company.

I hated Rainbow Six Ravenshield. So I went to their forums and had it out with 1 of their soy boy admins. Got banned and uninstalled the game.

Never bought another game with their shitty company on it again. They can go fuck themselves along with EA, Activision and any other suit-centred games company.

Quote: (03-16-2019 08:42 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Quote: (03-16-2019 02:57 PM)MikeS Wrote:  

I hated Rainbow Six Ravenshield. So I went to their forums and had it out with 1 of their soy boy admins. Got banned and uninstalled the game.

Never bought another game with their shitty company on it again. They can go fuck themselves along with EA, Activision and any other suit-centred games company.

Didn't buy that game and never had it out with an admin on any forum, so difficult to say if I would stop buying their products. I doubt it if I liked some of them and didn't have direct alternatives (which is frankly rarely the case with video games - even generic shooter x is not necessarily one-for-one replaced by generic shooter y. And Ubisoft in particular really has the open world genre nailed down to... well, a formula, but usually a very enjoyable one. And I love open world games).

Indie games alone wouldn't cover my gaming hobby and there are not enough independent studios with pockets deep enough to produce "triple-A" games. And even CD Projekt Red are making public apologies for perceived insults to trannies and other easily offended groups who probably won't buy their games anyway.

We all have to draw our own personal line somewhere (I mentioned my current one in a previous post), but at this point it almost looks to me like either you accept a certain amount of stupid political crap from large companies - and many of the small ones trying to either virtue signal or simply being comprised of leftists - or you retire to the forest and give up on modern life.

Video games - Player_1337 - 03-16-2019

Quote: (03-16-2019 06:39 PM)ball dont lie Wrote:  

Twisted metal 2 was a classic game with excellent mechanics and balance between cars.

It seems like it could easily be recreated in this new gaming environment of online games but for some reason has not. This is besides the fact it was incredibly well liked and would be a huge hit if a new version was made.

Who knows.

The 2012 reboot on PS3 had a clear online/multiplayer focus. The single-player content was good but way too short. I think it was originally going to be a digital-only title but somehow got a major physical release.

Video games - Nonpareil - 03-16-2019

Eh, I can look past the degeneracy of a game like Odyssey (in fact I actually noticed it myself pages back).

I'm currently replaying it because my first play through was interrupted by a game ending bug that wasn't fixed until a few days before I went for my vacation and didn't take my ps4.

Yeah there's a lot of bullshit, but at least it's a fun game. It's not a better game overall than suppose Red Dead Redemption 2, but it's absolutely just as if not even more fun to play.

I played first as Alexios, this time I'm Kassandra because I heard 'she's so much more awesome than Alexios!'

She's not...actually aside from a few bits of dialogue and character reactions and romance choices she's basically the exact same.

...But, Alexios is much more believable and menacing as the villain so that helps.

Video games - Nonpareil - 03-17-2019

^^^ (60 minute edit rule)

In my opinion what they did for the last mission of Origins - whereby you spend eighty plus hours playing as Bayek who is fuckin' awesome, only to have to complete the climax of the game as his wife (and her gay little daggers) is far more unforgivable than anything in Odyssey.

Video games - Leonard D Neubache - 03-17-2019

Is the witcher 2 worth a playthrough?

I figure its one of the few games low on faggotry and I'm wondering if it will still hold up well enough in the HD age.

Or in other words, will I be left disappointed with last-gen tiddies?

[Image: latest?cb=20150116235548]

Video games - Latan - 03-17-2019

^To me, it's totally worth it.
And you can install a mod, for high res titties.
Example : https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/873

Video games - Transsimian - 03-17-2019

Witcher II is an amazing narrative experience with great replay value and the graphics still hold out today.

Its only fault is the difficulty curve, the beginning is significantly harder than the later stages.

Here's a video review from IGN, it's amazing how much better game journalism was when it wasn't fueled by soy.