Roosh V Forum
Video games - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Video games (/thread-4101.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Video games - Donfitz007 - 03-07-2019

Unlike the Witcher 3 which made the game for newcomers but perfected it for fans, metro made the game for fans and themselves and said forget newcomers. It’s not really made to e joy unless you played or Atleast seen a good bit of the first 2 games.

I’m not giving it an excuse but how are you going to be pulled into the story or care about what’s going on if u don’t understand the rest

Kinda like KH3, it was underwhelming to me because I didn’t play the other 300000 games besides 1-2, yet I somewhat liked it because I watched a summery before playing it.

But yea the metro series is loved because of its lore, atmosphere, character development, and visual and sound design. Combat is fun but the point of the game is to make you feel bad.

Video games - sterling_archer - 03-07-2019

@MikeS

In addition to what Donfitz007 said, I must add that Exodus is in fact console port and that is why are you experiencing sluggishness. Thank the gods its not the same botched job as Dark Souls I was, but it is still apparent.

Video games - MikeS - 03-07-2019

Quote: (03-07-2019 01:02 PM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

@MikeS

In addition to what Donfitz007 said, I must add that Exodus is in fact console port and that is why are you experiencing sluggishness. Thank the gods its not the same botched job as Dark Souls I was, but it is still apparent.

I'm playing the (base) PS4 version. And nearly all major games are multi-platform these days so that's not really an excuse.
In any case I do think it runs at or close to 30 fps most of the time - like the majority of console games - the sluggishness seems like more of a design choice or design sloppiness.

Video games - Repo - 03-07-2019

One of my favorite series:

Also relevant:

Video games - The Black Knight - 03-07-2019

Quote: (03-05-2019 01:41 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

I bought:

The Witcher 3
Dark Souls Remastered
DOOM

Quote: (03-07-2019 08:51 AM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Alien Isolation is great but too difficult for casual gamers like me. I did watch some dude play it on Youtube. Would rather watch that than any of the films since Promotheus. Incredible atmosphere.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Just play Alien: Isolation in easy mode dude.

I've played and beaten Dark Souls and believe me, that game is WAY more difficult than the Alien game on Hard mode.

Video games - Cr33pin - 03-08-2019

Quote: (03-05-2019 01:41 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

I bought:

The Witcher 3
Dark Souls Remastered
DOOM

Quote: (03-07-2019 08:51 AM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Alien Isolation is great but too difficult for casual gamers like me. I did watch some dude play it on Youtube. Would rather watch that than any of the films since Promotheus. Incredible atmosphere.
[Image: unique-you-re-gonna-have-a-bad-time-meme...e-meme.png]

Skip to the 1:05 mark for the highlight of this very deep and enlightening review.

Video games - Leonard D Neubache - 03-08-2019

Ouch. They're getting smashed in the comments section.

Good to see.

Video games - MikeS - 03-08-2019

Quote: (03-08-2019 12:47 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Skip to the 1:05 mark for the highlight of this very deep and enlightening review.

Gruff white male protagonist.
An entire Kotaku article using about the same words for this game - and predictably spending paragraphs lamenting 30s white males as game protagonists - was in my Google feed yesterday, and I was stupid enough to read it.
Surprisingly though they did actually have mostly positive things to say about the latest press previews. Apparently some of the dialogue and other things have been rewritten since the first previews a couple of years ago, so maybe the gruff white male - while obviously still massively offensive for being white and particularly male - might now be slightly kinder and more verbally sensitive between killing sprees.

Why is the entire gaming press (minus some YouTubers) far left wing when even many major game developers - and parts of the mainstream press - haven't quite gone that insane yet?
What went wrong with the people who grew up with the early generations of video games like others of us born in the 70s and 80s? None of them left in the media and all positions filled by millennials?

[Image: adA6Pc4.jpg]

Video games - eradicator - 03-08-2019

It looks like we are not getting cyberpunk until the end of the year. Apparently? I guess its better if they make it good than rush it to stores.

Edit, I'm already kicking myself for getting an xbox one this generation instead of a ps4. The PS4 is winning the war with games like Days Gone, God of War, Spiderman. Xbox has a couple of driving games and I think that's it for exclusives.

Video games - Hammerhead - 03-08-2019

Quote: (03-08-2019 01:16 PM)MikeS Wrote:  

Why is the entire gaming press (minus some YouTubers) far left wing when even many major game developers - and parts of the mainstream press - haven't quite gone that insane yet?

Designing a game from start to finish, marketing it successfully, and seeing everything through to completion requires skill, talent, and dedication. Writing about games does not, so those jobs are done by lazy SJWs.

Video games - realologist - 03-08-2019

Quote: (03-08-2019 01:58 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

It looks like we are not getting cyberpunk until the end of the year. Apparently? I guess its better if they make it good than rush it to stores.

Edit, I'm already kicking myself for getting an xbox one this generation instead of a ps4. The PS4 is winning the war with games like Days Gone, God of War, Spiderman. Xbox has a couple of driving games and I think that's it for exclusives.

@Cr33pin

Video games - nomadbrah - 03-08-2019

Dark Souls is difficult, but slow moving in pace. Alien Isolation is completely random.

Video games - LeBaron - 03-09-2019

Quote: (03-08-2019 01:17 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

[Image: adA6Pc4.jpg]

russian version trailer

Video games - Irish - 03-09-2019

In between playing big games I love nothing more than downloading a couple of the smaller indie games you get on xbox live arcade or playstation network. Played some absolute crackers before like Bastion, limbo, inside, Braid, Ori and the blind forest, Journey, The Witness to name a few

Just finished Celeste, which for some reason took a while to get released out here in Asia. Smashing little game with the old school 16-bit style graphics and soundtrack which felt like a throwback to the old SNES days. Very challenging with a Mega Man style difficulty in parts where you need to time your jumps and moves to absolute precision only to fuck it up at the last second and have to go right back to the start again. Pretty cool/quirky storyline too. And finished it in just over a weekend so minimal time investment too. Recommended.

Video games - Easy_C - 03-09-2019

Devil May Cry 5 Stream is up now for a few hours.

No commentary. Just gameplay: https://www.twitch.tv/induced_triggerin

Video games - Cr33pin - 03-13-2019

[Image: vqKtwgP.jpg]

Video games - realologist - 03-13-2019

Quote: (03-13-2019 07:08 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

[Image: vqKtwgP.jpg]

[Image: hating-ea-games-xbox-gamers-pc-gamers-ps...415365.png]

Video games - MikeS - 03-13-2019

I'm 15 hours into The Division 2 (was tempted by early access). It's dangerously addictive, and very good for a shooter-looter. I like the new "overgrown post-apocalyptic Washington DC in the summer" setting. Only seen three sectors of the large map so far, and it's feeling more varied than the NY winter map from the first game.
It also feels like a very polished game that launches with all the improvements made to the first game over many patches and expansions, plus more. Quite a difference from Destiny 2, let alone what I've heard about Anthem.

Video games - Cr33pin - 03-14-2019

If EA and Dice didn't shove their politics into the game and tell me if I didn't like them rewriting history to favor females and minorities then I was uneducated and not to buy the game.... I may be excited about this

Video games - TutorGuina - 03-14-2019

Quote: (03-14-2019 03:12 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

If EA and Dice didn't shove their politics into the game and tell me if I didn't like them rewriting history to favor females and minorities then I was uneducated and not to buy the game.... I may be excited about this

The series have been CODified, or even worse, FORTNITEfied.
I have no idea what setting this trailer is supposed to represent, the fact that it's a BFV dlc gives me a vague suspicion it may be about WW2, but there is no authenticity whatsoever

Look a the old PS2 medal of honor and COD games and you know exactly what it was about and there was even a hint of immersion. Heck, Wolfenstein 3D back in the day was more immersive than the BFV gameplays I've seen

If I did pay for games, BFV and all related gibberish would be HARD pass
- Eletronic Arts
- SJW revisionism
- Unauthentic and unimmersive, unlike the older installments
- Dumbed down asf, losing more and more of it's tactical element
All of that for the same price of a masterpiece like RDR2

Any of you who buy it is a serious cuck, at least pirate it or borrow from someone ffs

Video games - Leonard D Neubache - 03-15-2019

I don't know.

Can I play as an empowered Nazi woman of colour?

Video games - Obermarschall - 03-15-2019

Don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but what about Cities Skylines?

I personally like it (on PC of course!) and it just relaxes me, building a city, detailing here and there etc

Video games - Donfitz007 - 03-15-2019

EA could easily make alot of money by bringing back these games (I hope someoone in EA reads this)

1. NBA street, You play as a high school student. DO pick up ball, play in AAU tournaments, Play for your high school team and you have 4 years to reach D1 basketball status. You get nicknames (Whips for somebody with handles, Bunnies for somebody with a high verticle etc). Also have the intro song be T.R.O.Y by Pete Rock and CL smooth.

2. A new Need for speed underground game with a focus on drag racing. It has to consist of cars like demons, hell cats, 720's. No story, just a kid who wants to take over the city with fun gameplay.