Roosh V Forum
The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet (/thread-29228.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - whiteknightrises - 05-26-2017

Quote: (05-11-2017 04:39 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2017 04:24 AM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2017 01:43 AM)yourboychris Wrote:  

Locals picking up locals

Damn... they are finally getting beyond "Silently lusting after your crush through 8 years of school, only to make a huge confession of love right after your second year university exam" game

There's actually a local guy in Tapei that does daygame by the name of 'black man'. He has some entertaining sets.

Taiwanese girls look nice based off the video thumbnails

Is plastic surgery big there? Or do girls just look like that

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Transsimian - 05-26-2017

Quote: (05-26-2017 03:19 PM)whiteknightrises Wrote:  

That video was in Shanghai, [mainland] China, but it is similar in both places.

Surgery is present, but not mainstream like in South Korea. I've heard many models get nosejobs.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - vettel96 - 05-27-2017

Quote: (05-26-2017 08:16 AM)monsquid Wrote:  

Will be in Taipei second week of June. Down to meetup.

PM me your whatsapp or some other contact info, I should be there by then

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - monsquid - 05-27-2017

Responded.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Laner - 05-27-2017

Quote: (05-26-2017 04:31 PM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Surgery is present, but not mainstream like in South Korea. I've heard many models get nosejobs.

Its coming in fast, and those girls in that video had surgery for sure.

One of my girls is back in China right now for another round of surgery, eyes (again), nose and chin. She was texting me a bunch from the clinic and sending me little vids and pics. The place is huge, and fully booked months in advance. There is no shame in creating beauty in China because they know it works.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Baptistao - 06-06-2017

I'll be also in Taipei this weekend and a few days more. Let's meet up, I will send some PMs to you guys.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - whiteknightrises - 06-06-2017

Quote: (05-27-2017 03:01 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2017 04:31 PM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Its coming in fast, and those girls in that video had surgery for sure.

One of my girls is back in China right now for another round of surgery, eyes (again), nose and chin. She was texting me a bunch from the clinic and sending me little vids and pics. The place is huge, and fully booked months in advance. There is no shame in creating beauty in China because they know it works.

Good point Laner. I like that in Asia girls know the deal and invest in their most important asset (looks) - not "career" etc

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Heart Break Kid - 06-07-2017

I am trying to learn Mandarin via immersion, is Taipei good enough for this or is there too much English spoken there?

I'm not interested in living in a rural area.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - atlant - 06-07-2017

Barely anyone here who can speak fluent English.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Super_Fire - 06-07-2017

Taipei is both good and bad for learning Mandarin; there are multiple schooling options (Shida, Han Institute, TLI, Mandarin Institute, private tutoring, women, etc.)

However, understand that the Mandarin spoken here is different from China, especially compared to Beijing. Taiwanese Mandarin is "softer" compared to Mandarin in China, with some different pronunciations (a lot of people pronounce "sh" sounds as "s", similar to some in certain regions in China (Sichuan, IIRC)). Beijing Mandarin sounds like someone speaking Chinese with hot potatoes in their mouth by comparison, especially the street-level lower class Beijing dialect (just IME, I've never been to Beijing but have met people from there and watched their movies/TV and I have a hard time understanding their Mandarin). People from China like to say Taiwanese Mandarin sounds 撒娇 all the time.

People here also use different expressions and words than they do in China, similar to British vs. American English.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Transsimian - 06-07-2017

Quote: (06-07-2017 02:12 AM)atlant Wrote:  

Barely anyone here who can speak fluent English.
The problem isn't whether they can speak fluent English, the problem is if they think they can speak fluent English.

That'll give you a lot of frustrating conversations.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - ball dont lie - 06-07-2017

Agree with Superfire. Taiwanese Mandarin sounds girly as hell and the pronunciation isn't as crisp. Lots of curled tongue sounds become straight tongue sounds which Im not a fan of.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Super_Fire - 07-13-2017

OK, so I got a PM with a question about daygame in Taipei and I wrote a reply but I decided I can post it here for everyone else's benefit. NOTE: I do not claim to be the Don Juan of Don Juans in Taiwan, these are just my personal observations and experience. If you think it's BS then feel free to blast me and disagree.

Regarding day game in Taipei, yes, it can be tough, but everyone's experience is different. Frankly, daygame isn't really a thing here for local guys. They usually meet girls through school, work, or prearranged deals through their parents or friends. Apparently there are some PUA-type guys in Zhongxiao Dunhua now, but it's recent. If you saw the Heiren video [Ed. Note: in this thread] he showed how to approach girls in Chinese effortlessly. Of course, he's Taiwanese so girls will feel more comfortable around him. You can try the same approach in basic Chinese though and then see if the girl switches over to English (many will). [Ed. Note: If your Chinese is fluent then just do what he does, obviously.]

Honestly, I wouldn't make daygame my only game here though. I would pipeline on Tinder and OKCupid, then hit clubs when time/money/energy allows. Note: ONS is not common from clubs, it's more like a place to meet, dance, and get their Line. Oh, download the Line app, you'll need it. In between all that, when you're going out and seeing sights, look for daygame opportunities. You could also join international clubs like Polyglot Cafe (check meetup.com, there's a bunch of these things), or do language exchange (check Tealit.com). If you're a good-looking guy with good game then put some effort into each of these and you should see results.

Regarding daygame though, your success with this will depend on a few factors:

1. Looks. If you're very handsome and/or look like a specific foreign guy who's popular here (Tom Cruise, Paul Walker, Brad Pitt, Vin Diesel, Justin Bieber, Adam Levine, etc.) then that will help a lot with daygame. The truth is, what works for a guy like Heiren might not work for you because most girls here are not used to being approached on the street by strange, foreign men. Knowing Chinese will help a lot, especially for hotter/bitchier girls (it's essential for the hottest ones). Dress well; guys here in areas like Dunhua know how to dress (though there are lots of slobs in Taipei too). Muscles help, but girls might initially think you're gay if you have huge bodybuilder muscles. That's because bodybuilder types in Taiwan are almost always gay, so if you're huge you'll just need to show women you're straight right away. Don't wear Superdry/Abercrombie/Hollister shirts, tan cargo shorts, and running shoes, because that's what gay "muscle men" all wear here.

2. Targeting. In terms of the kinds of girls you'll find there are four types: the painfully shy, the normal, the ambiguous, and the ultra-bitchy. I'd say the normal are a minority. After a while you'll get a feel for which girls are which type. Generally the 7.5 will have the absolute worst attitude here, probably because they desperately want to be really hot but know they're not. As always, life is full of exceptions, but I've found this to be true for the most part here. I've gotten more IOIs from 8's then I've ever received from 7's in Taiwan, with the latter more likely to act haughty and look away from me in disgust in public. Go figure.

3. Direct vs. Indirect. Try both, but you have to be a little bit careful with direct (more on that later). Lost tourist game could work, though I've never tried it here. Don't expect attractive girls to approach you and help you if you look lost, though. More likely it will be an old person who does that. Just use the elderly opener or ask for directions to some nearby place that you actually know how to find; basic is best here. I tend to only go direct in daygame if the girl throws IOIs, but that's just me. If you do go direct you need to be discrete because as Westerners we attract a lot of attention here. Don't post up outside Zara and approach everything that moves, as you'll soon develop a bad reputation. Hell, you could end up on the nightly news for all I know, crazier things have happened here, especially since the news loves "foreigners behaving badly" stories. Plus, there's CCTV everywhere here. Don't start fistfights or act crazy because it could very easily be filmed, posted on Apple Daily, viral YouTube videos, and on the news, and will affect all of us here.

Also, I wouldn't tell most girls you're only here for a few months, unless they're the slutty kind (and even then). Most girls here, even club rats and serial cheaters, want a serious boyfriend. Don't lie either; just be vague. Foreigners in Taiwan are notorious for being players, but it can get serious. A couple years ago, for example, there was a Turkish guy here who had a serious harem, knocked up one or two girls, and lied to all of them about wanting to be serious and how he wasn't cheating. In the end they reported him to the police and he was deported.

So to sum up, use a multi-pronged approach, at least at first, and then follow up on whatever works best for you, all while keeping your nose clean.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Suits - 07-13-2017

Quote: (07-13-2017 08:26 PM)Super_Fire Wrote:  

A couple years ago, for example, there was a Turkish guy here who had a serious harem, knocked up one or two girls, and lied to all of them about wanting to be serious and how he wasn't cheating. In the end they reported him to the police and he was deported.

Does Taiwan simply deport men who women complain about?

Quote: (07-13-2017 09:03 PM)Suits Wrote:  

A couple years ago, for example, there was a Turkish guy here who had a serious harem, knocked up one or two girls, and lied to all of them about wanting to be serious and how he wasn't cheating. In the end they reported him to the police and he was deported.

No, I think in his case they were able to prove he was skipping out on child support payments for one of the pregnant ones, and maybe some bogus charge of "deception" for leading girls on. I'm trying to look up the story now but I can't seem to find it on Google. Adultery is also illegal here (for both parties, even if one is single) so he might have also been proven to have nailed a married chick.

Still, bad stuff that locals do all the time and nobody cares about gets extra scrutiny if a foreigner does it, so it's best to be careful. I'd imagine China is similar (?)

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Jack Of All Trades - 07-13-2017

Quote: (05-11-2017 04:39 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2017 04:24 AM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2017 01:43 AM)yourboychris Wrote:  

Locals picking up locals

Damn... they are finally getting beyond "Silently lusting after your crush through 8 years of school, only to make a huge confession of love right after your second year university exam" game

There's actually a local guy in Tapei that does daygame by the name of 'black man'. He has some entertaining sets.

Those girls are from shanghai, they're not local Taiwanese girls; they're mainlanders. It's pretty obvious if you watch the video, they're probably on vacation or something.

The mall looks like China; it's too spacious to be Taiwan. I think it's the other way around and he's in China in the video.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Il Bersagliere - 07-13-2017

Yeah, it would appear that Mr. Black Man shuttles back and forth between Taiwan and China. I think he also does matchmaking and acting videos in addition to his daygame sets. Very entertaining channel, although it could use some English subs.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - atlant - 07-13-2017

Quote: (07-13-2017 09:09 PM)Super_Fire Wrote:  

No, I think in his case they were able to prove he was skipping out on child support payments for one of the pregnant ones, and maybe some bogus charge of "deception" for leading girls on. I'm trying to look up the story now but I can't seem to find it on Google. Adultery is also illegal here (for both parties, even if one is single) so he might have also been proven to have nailed a married chick.

Still, bad stuff that locals do all the time and nobody cares about gets extra scrutiny if a foreigner does it, so it's best to be careful. I'd imagine China is similar (?)

I don't remember all the details either but I think there was a rape allegation and claims of him secretly filming his encounters also going around (I think they did find videos but I'm not 100% sure). I don't think it would have made the news in the same way if he had just bailed on child support or something.

There was also a Turkish diplomat who was caught harassing girls in Xinyi last year.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Super_Fire - 07-14-2017

Quote: (07-13-2017 11:33 PM)atlant Wrote:  

Quote: (07-13-2017 09:09 PM)Super_Fire Wrote:  

I don't remember all the details either but I think there was a rape allegation and claims of him secretly filming his encounters also going around (I think they did find videos but I'm not 100% sure). I don't think it would have made the news in the same way if he had just bailed on child support or something.

There was also a Turkish diplomat who was caught harassing girls in Xinyi last year.

Yeah I remembered that not long after posting; the rape allegations and video. I found an article on it; still, as foreigners we attract way more attention. There was a news article from a couple weeks back of some Central American student in Taipei stealing a phone on the MRT. If a local had done it, there would be no story. And if this story is any sign, a false rape allegation could get a foreigner thrown in jail and then deported. Be careful out there, guys.

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201404080007.aspx

A district court in Taipei sentenced a Turkish man to one year and 10 months in prison Tuesday for attempted rape and ordered that he be deported after he has served his prison term.

Yamur Kursat Ersagun, 27, was found guilty of attempting to have sexual intercourse against a woman's will at his Taipei apartment in April 2013.

He was acquitted on separate charges of twice attempting to rape a 16-year-old girl in May 2013 as the alleged victim's accounts of the events were found to be inconsistent and not credible.

Neither the defendant nor his lawyer was present for the verdict at Tuesday's court hearing, and there was no word on whether Ersagun would appeal the ruling.

Ersagun has previously claimed he was innocent and said he stopped his advances when the women he took home on a date refused to have sex with him.

The prosecution of Ersagun's case attracted widespread media attention after police searching his apartment found video recordings of him having sex with reportedly dozens of Taiwanese women.

The Tamkang University student had appeared on local TV shows and become a celebrity in some social circles.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - dknightbro - 07-21-2017

If anyone is interested in gaming day or night, hit me up on PM and let's have some fun.

No pressure, I'm a chill guy and can work with all levels. Just looking to hang out and game with like-minded people instead of going solo all the time haha.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - UnW - 07-31-2017

Actually met the Turkish guy here in Taipei last year, he was still living here in Taipei as of last year. Seemed like a decent guy who got hard done by the culture here.
He told me his story and how he spent so much for lawyer fees defending himself only for his name to be permanently associated as a rapist here and online.
Also, the videos he had were consensual and the girl he allegedly "raped" was a teenager who just pulled out the rape card because of regret. The claims of "500 girls" he said were purely made up and he never said anything along those lines to the police. He was put into a holding cell for a week without much concrete evidence besides the girls claims. On top of that his name, photo, address, and all relevant ID information was revealed publicly through the media so there's not much in the way of civil rights here for foreigners so definitely be careful.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - churros - 11-01-2017

Reading through the thread, I have a couple question for you guys.

What can one expect to pay for a well-located studio/month in USD? Is it an expensive place in general?

What's the level of English penetration, and how well does daygame work?

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Transsimian - 11-01-2017

Taibei is far more expensive than other cities in Taiwan.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - yankeetravels - 11-01-2017

Quote: (11-01-2017 01:53 PM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Taibei is far more expensive than other cities in Taiwan.

While this is true, you make this out like it's a surprise. Taipei is the only real city in that country and far and away the best (I'm not big on Kaohsiung or Taichung). Add all of that up, there is going to be demand to live there or have a business there compared to other cities. Also, it's pretty much the only international hub in the country (at least the only relevant one).

Any country in the world is going to be like this. In America, cost of living is insane in LA, New York, San Francisco, and Miami while being very cheap in places like Indiana, Arkansas, and Montana where everything is very spread out with not much to offer. Even poor countries like the Philippines are like this. Manila costs a lot more to get a taxi and Boracay costs a lot more for amenities than say a place like Puerto Princesa or Davao where there's not much development and the former have something to offer whether it's an international hub (Manila) or a popular tourist destination (Boracay).

Nevertheless though, Taipei is still one of the most underrated cities not only on this forum, but in general society in my opinion. While more expensive than the rest of the country, it's still fairly reasonable costs compared to their neighbor in the north Tokyo.

Quote: (11-01-2017 09:10 AM)churros Wrote:  

Reading through the thread, I have a couple question for you guys.

What can one expect to pay for a well-located studio/month in USD? Is it an expensive place in general?

What's the level of English penetration, and how well does daygame work?

Based on my experience, Taipei is slightly more expensive than Manila but not by a wide margin. I'd say costs for most things go up about 1.5x. Looking at airbnb, I think you should budget about $800-1000 a month at least for a decent place, maybe more. Taipei is not expensive if you're used to western prices, but you'll notice a small increase if you're used to SEA prices and maybe think it is if that's your standard.

As for English penetration, in the airport it's fine as well as clubs and tourist attractions that cater to foreigners. On the street though, it's a bit harder to find people that speak good English. I got lucky my first time in the country that I was with a couple of younger locals that spoke decent English, but there were older locals who I could barely communicate with. Most of the taxi drivers and food stand workers only know very basic English. They usually have English menus or pictures at least though and I've always been able to get by with broken English or hand gestures. They're smart people so they can pick up what you're trying to say if you're clear enough.

I can't really say much on daygame because that's not really my thing. Girls are a bit more westernized than in the rest of Asia though, so keep that in mind. From what I've seen, most aren't rude and are considerate, but you still may run into one that won't be open at all to an approach. There's plenty of decent looking women walking around during the day though if you're in the right neighborhood. I never saw anybody approach or did it myself though so I can't say how they'll react.

Hope that was helpful and enjoy your time in Taipei!