rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet

About This Datasheet

This datasheet is the result of my findings from my first 4.5 months spent in Taipei, Taiwan. I have intentionally postponed the posting of this, in favour of absolutely ensuring that I have the correct information about the city and its venues.

The number one priority of this datasheet is honesty. I have previously been misled by reports from people who have only spent a couple of days in a city, on the upper-epidermal layer of tourism. Hence, I have tried to make sure that I've reached a reasonable level of authority before posting this, to ensure that the information is as useful as possible.

In the name of transparency, I have written a background and profile, so that you can see where this datasheet is coming from. I've based some of this on the questions that were formed in the thread entitled 'How to distinguish travel hype from reality'.

Contents

• i) Background
  • ii) Profile
  • 1) Bang Report
  • 2) Taiwanese Guys: The Lowdown
  • 2a) Korean Guys: A Background Allowing Comparison
  • 2b) Taiwanese Guys
  • 3) Taiwanese Girls
  • 4) The 'Competition': Other foreigners in Taipei
  • 5) Nightlife Review
  • 6) Final Thoughts

Part i) Background

I landed in Taipei on the 31st of March 2013.

I sought brighter pastures after an absolutely torrid time in the conservative and xenophobic third-tier city of Ulsan, Korea.

After seven months and just one bang - albeit a 33 year-old 8/10, from the next city over - I needed a change in location, as much as in my game. I felt left out of the fun in such a small city, and I had little delight with the six (ugly) girls from it on Koreancupid.com. I had to move to somewhere bigger.

Taipei gave me an opportunity to start from scratch and improve myself. It meant that I could learn my trade and no longer resort to excuses.

The result is that everything in this datasheet has come from being my own human guinea pig. My time here has been a learning curve in regards to the city as much as my game, hence I hope I can provide a good insight.

Part ii) Profile

Height: 186cm
Nationality: British
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Estimation of my looks: 7/10
Estimation of my style: 9/10 (I'm pretty heavy on this)
Mandarin Ability: Zero
Bankroll: 58,000NT a month
Daygame: None
Pipelining: None

Online game: Very Minimal (After a short while, I got the impression that this was too slow for me)

Type of game: Beginner. 100% Night game. Started out dance-floor-heavy but phased this out.

Solo or with wingman: Solo 100% of the time (Apart from the three times I met a fellow Roosher ).

Forum members met in person: 'FretDancer', 'whand' and 'dekendingo'.

Number of nights out: About 30 (Though there were nights where I changed venue halfway through)

Part 1) Bang Report

I tried to be conservative with my ratings here. For the sake of calibration, I've included an example scale of how I would rate girls (using photos that don't allow them to manipulate angles too heavily).

[Image: 72eh.jpg]

April and May

For these two months I stayed in a hostel whilst I job-hunted and waited to take over an apartment contract.

During this period, I usually had to find out whether the girl lived on her own or not. Most Taiwanese girls live with their family until they find a husband. For this reason, I felt like my 'ONS' options were severely limited by not having a place to take girls back to. (Although this could just be a massive bullshit excuse used to justify my results. Take it as you will). Anyway:

#1: 6/10. 21 years old. ONS. From 'Luxy'.

My flag was secured after three weeks. This was my fourth night out. I was stood on the edge of the dance-floor and she approached me, asking me to dance. I escalated it from there and we went back to hers after an hour or so.

It was a bloody awful apartment: a tiny room with a mattress on the floor. I put the used condom into a McDonalds bag in the trash can. Though I feel more sorrier for the Frenchman who went home with her pig-faced friend.

#2: 7/10. 22 years old. ONS. From 'Luxy'.

She was stood on the edge of the dancefloor on her own. Apparently her friends had left her.

I approached her and moved her to the other room, where I said "I'm getting food soon, do you want to come?". She lived five minutes away from the club and opposite the breakfast place (in a slightly bigger one-room apartment than the previous girl). In the morning, she said that she wanted to move in with me, to save on her housing costs :/.

#Funny Story:

The second time I met up with 'dekendingo', we went to 'Myst' on a Wednesday night. We got separated after an hour and I was left walking around on my own. I was standing near the bar, then some fat guy in thick glasses, a tracksuit and multiple gold necklaces approached me and asked me to join his booth. Apparently, he's a famous photographer in Hong Kong (http://www.lesterlee.com). His website describes him as a 'magician of female nudes'.

I ended up going to a KTV with him and about ten 30-something women. It didn't lead anywhere, but I gave a resounding rendition of 'Call Me Maybe' before the sun came up.

June

This is when I got my apartment.

I spent a lot of this month 'dating' an 8/10 girl I made out with whilst on a night out with 'dekendingo' back in April. I had deliberately initiated radio silence with this girl as I planned to reignite interest when I'd secured a place to invite her over to. I was hoping for a quick escalation and bang, and was open to the idea of making her a short-term girlfriend.

I ended up meeting with her in the same club as the one back in April. We made out with each other, but she wouldn't come back to my apartment. We met up a lot in the following weeks but it just died out eventually.

I did go out a couple of times towards the end of the month, but I did pretty terribly.

This was a crappy month that yielded no bangs.

July

I went on holiday for a month to Thailand and Cambodia. (I had a great time in Cambodia :/).

August to Mid-September

Seven bangs. Seven ONS's. Four of these were secured in a period of seventeen days, which consisted of six nights out. Three of these were secured in a period of five days, which consisted of three nights out.

#3: 7/10. 28 years old. ONS. From 'Spark'.

I approached this girl on the dance floor. I made out with her and it quickly escalated from there. She was 5 foot 11! [Image: biggrin.gif].

#4: 7/10. 24 years old. ONS. From 'Luxy'.

I approached this girl near the bar. She was with a female friend and a male westerner, who appeared to be homosexual. Luckily the guy kept the other girl company whilst I focused on the desired target. I isolated the girl, danced with her and got the make-out. After about an hour, we left for my apartment.

She was crazy. She wouldn't go to sleep and kept going on about "eating chicken ass" and other random shit. She kept saying "Teacher is fucking handsome", and at one point she grabbed my nose and commented on its 'desirably' large size :/. She left at 7am after my mock-serious repetitions of "SHUT THE FUCK UP!". It was good not to have to walk someone to the MRT stop in the morning [Image: smile.gif].

#5: 7.5/10. 29 years old. ONS. From 'Roxy99'.

I had seen this woman out before. She looked half-Taiwanese and half-Russian. After getting blown out in 'Spark', I went over to 'Roxy99' (the dive bar) at 3am and approached this woman. We made out and danced together, and she ended up coming back to mine.

We had sex (with a condom on), then in the morning she gave me a blowjob. After my refusal to perform oral on her, she had a strop and I walked her to the MRT stop. Before she went down the escalator, she told me that she had an alcoholic boyfriend who can't have sex with her anymore, thus explaining her frequent lone appearances in the bars here. I gave her a kiss goodbye and promptly deleted her number, so as to avoid any drama.

Three days later, whilst I was at the bar in Luxy, a Dutch guy came up to me and told me that she was HIV-positive :O. I don't know whether this is true or not, but I got a test six weeks later. I'm clean, but this incident will make me be more careful from now on. General obvious rule: Don't raw-dog dive bar girls.

#6: 7/10. 20 years old. ONS. From 'Luxy'. (Funnily enough it was the same night that the Dutch guy came up to me at the bar).

The rule of 'Go to the club early when the ratio is better' was proven to be golden here. She was the first girl I spoke to that night. I didn't see her for about two hours after the initial conversation, during which time I tried to escalate with an 8/10 who apparently does modelling here. Despite dancing with, and isolating the 8, I knew she wasn't going to put out that night. Hence, the rule of 'go for the sure-thing' came into play.

I re-found the 7 from earlier, made out with her, and eventually went for breakfast with the girl and her friend. After eating, the two of them spoke in Mandarin for over an hour. I hinted at my boredom by trying to nap on the restaurant's sofa, then I jokingly said "You've been talking for a fucking hour. LET'S GO!". Shortly after, her friend walked off to her nearby home and I got a taxi back to mine with the girl. She left her earrings here. They're my earrings now.

#7: 7/10. 27 years old. ONS. From 'Roxy99'.

Big Boobs. I got blown out in 'Luxy': I tried to work on two Japanese girls but it went nowhere. Then some Taiwanese-American girl came up to me, deliberately bumped into me, and was placed in my arms after about ten seconds. She told me she was from New York. She flipped back my shirt suspenders, then I jokingly gave her the finger and went for the make-out. She rejected and wagged her finger as if to say "You'll have to try harder than that". Then she went up to some random guy nearby and made out with him. Her loss (Though I feel sorry for the guys on this forum who have to put up with that American attitude on a daily basis. That would drive me INSANE).

Anyway: I went to Roxy99 at 2am. I talked to some Danish guy about music for twenty minutes, then his female friend came over and said 'Hi'. He went for a piss and I isolated her. She told me I was handsome and that she'd seen me around a lot before. Apparently she had previously tried to get my attention in 'Luxy'. I talked to her for about ten minutes, then I told her I was going for a walk, and that she should come with me. I took her to the classiest restaurant that money could buy (McDonalds), then we got a taxi back to mine.

#8: 7/10. 27 years old. ONS. From 'Roxy99'.

I went back to Roxy99 the following night, for a friend's 33rd birthday party. The pickings were slim until about 3am when a 7/10 and her friend came in. I managed to isolate the 7 by saying my Lamborghini was parked outside (I have no idea). We had a cigarette there, then went back in. There were a lot of beta-orbiters trying to muscle in on the girls. Luckily, my friend kept a lot of them occupied.

We ended up leaving the place at 6.30am in broad daylight. A group of us had breakfast together at the place next door. I had a delicious meal which consisted of two lone fried eggs :/. Me and the girl left the group to get a taxi on our own. Before I got in, I really had to piss, so I ended up doing it on the busy pavement with my back-turned to her. Weirdly, she found it hilarious and kept shouting my name, telling me to hurry up and get in the taxi.

#9: 7/10. 19 years old. ONS. From 'Carnegies'. This one is my personal favourite.

I was drinking in my apartment on the Wednesday after that weekend. At 11pm, I got a Facebook message from a girl who I had previously number-closed at 'Myst' (7.5/10, 29 years-old). She invited me to 'Ladies Night' at 'Carnegies'. From her messages, it looked like she was DTF for that night. I arrived, she gave me a hug and she introduced me to her group of friends. She bought shots for everyone and we seemingly flirted with each other a lot.

I made sure to do lots of laps of the bar so that she saw me talking to a lot of different people. I wanted it to look like I wasn't solely dependent on her as an outcome.

Unfortunately, I returned after my second lap and found her grinding on her big American friend. I thought "OK, that's not a huge deal, I'll find someone else". I continued speaking to random people, then the 29 year-old found me and told me that she doesn't like him, he just likes her. I didn't massively believe her, but I escalated the conversation and made my intentions clear. She responded reasonably well, but then a minute later she said "Sorry" and ran over to the American guy. She started grinding on him again, in full view of me. I felt really fucking stupid and Beta at this point as I'd very obviously given her undeserved validation. Check.

I was now determined to pull a different girl directly in her sight, just to save my face. On a previous lap I had noticed that a girl was giving me huge IOI's (7/10, 19 years old). I opened her group with my (dreadful) trademark opener "You're all Korean? Anyong Hasayo!", then I made sure to win over the support of the two gay guys in the group.

Soon enough, I isolated the girl and danced with her. The other four members of the group moved away and left me to it. To cut a long story short, I left hand-in-hand with the 19 year-old, in the full view of the 29 year-old who was standing three metres away from the exit. Checkmate.

Part 2) Taiwanese Guys: The Lowdown

Part 2a) Korean Guys: A Background Allowing Comparison

In Ulsan, the favourite sports are baseball and taekwondo and cock-blocking.

It's not massively uncommon there to see a group of Korean guys 'monitor' the conversation between a white man and a Korean girl. Sometimes, you could expect something to happen, ranging from a gentle interruption (reasonably likely) up to a forceful intervention (rare, but it I saw it more than once).

The cock-blocking mentality of Korean men is well-documented on this forum and is pretty unique to this country, when compared to the rest of the continent (except Japan, of course). On occasion, this mentality can become a hindrance.

I remember being in the built-up area of Ulsan at night. My friend asked two girls for directions to a 'good' bar. They were flattered by the approach (my friend is incredibly good-looking for a start).

After giggling with each other for a few seconds, they happily led us through the busy streets, and up to the entrance of the venue. During the entire walk - which lasted about five minutes - nearly every Korean man cocked their head at us in contempt. It was like Moses walking through a parted sea of angry jealous cock-blockers. I've never seen anything like it. This phenomenon was augmented by it being a third-tier city (and not Seoul), but still, it was too obvious to be an anomaly.

Despite being less magnified than this scenario, I did experience multiple situations like this. As a foreigner, I think there can be an observable resistance to be dissolved before you can begin the escalation with a Korean girl.

If you get over this hurdle, there can even still be an obvious impression of jealous disdain from some Korean men.

I remember walking hand-in-hand with a blonde Korean girl (pictured above) towards the docks in Ulsan. In the distance, to the left, there must have been about fourteen high-school boys (about sixteen/seventeen years old) play-fighting on the concrete structures on the pier. When they saw us approach, they all froze and STARED. I heard one of them say "WOW", and I heard other murmurs which indicated genuine confusion.

It wasn't actually aggressive, but it showed the rarity of this sight for some Korean males. They were confused, and the tone seemed more disapproving then it did congratulatory.

To summarise: Korean guys can get jealous. They can view Korean girls as 'their women'. Maybe it's the result of the fallacious concept of 'pure Korean bloodline', which was born out of a primitively jingoistic propaganda tool, understandably employed to boost national pride throughout the country's difficult history. Or maybe it's just something in the kimchi. Either way, it can be pretty evident.

I must stress though, it's unfair just to hate on Korean guys for this phenomenon. I'm sure a Polish guy in England could experience a similar resistance from British males if he tried to talk to a girl in a bar in Southampton (many of them would most likely reverberate the commonly held, echo-chamber-spawned opinion "Go back to your own country.").

In addition , I must stress that Koreans are mostly very friendly people. If you visit there, you'll most likely be called handsome by randomers at least once a day, whether you deserve it or not. The truth is though that the kind-heartedness can sometimes cease when a woman becomes involved.

Part 2b) Taiwanese Guys

Taiwanese guys know that that they have no right to intervene in an any positive interaction between a westerner and a Taiwanese girl. Not many of them view Taiwanese girls as 'their women'. I have personally not seen a single instance of cock-blocking in a club here. They are more than accommodating.

A lot of them don't even approach, they just 'blend in' with the scenery. Their 'pick-up tactics' are usually similar to the ambush mentality of Japanese honey bees to a hornet. They try and engulf girls on the dance floor, like amoebas feeding.

They're not a threat, but their strategies can become annoying. The radius of a girl's bitch shield is already palpable enough without the additional layer of desperate beta-orbiters. At times, the dance floor can become so curiously congested that it literally becomes physically difficult to get to within two metres of a girl. ('Babe18' is the prime example of this).

Maybe they would act differently to this if you're a poorly-dressed backpacker with no charm (which no one on this forum is). I think they could cock-block if they saw some loser in baggy cargo shorts try and grab their friend, but otherwise, it just doesn't happen in Taipei. (Though I've heard different things about Kaohsiung).

I remember being on the dance floor in 'Lava'. I hadn't even began to dance properly, but after about a minute, a group consisting of three Taiwanese girls and two Taiwanese guys came over. They were smiling. One of the guy's planted his female friend in my arms and the rest of the group put their thumbs up (as if to say "Here you go").

I danced with her for about ten seconds, then one of the other females grabbed my hand and planted it on the girl's ass. She then winked, put her thumb up again, and the rest of the group moved away. Madness. This would never happen in Ulsan (or Busan).

In addition, I remember leaving a club here and heading towards a taxi. I'd had a pretty bad night in 'Myst' and had only gotten some meagre number-closes. I literally opened the damn door of the taxi when some guy tapped me on the shoulder from behind and said "Hey! My friend likes you!". He walked me to his female friend who was standing outside the FamilyMart, which was about twenty metres behind us. Then he just walked off and allowed us privacy.

She was a cute, delicate little 19 year-old. I talked to her for a minute, number closed her, gave her a hug and went on my way. Nothing came of it unfortunately, but once again, this would never happen in Ulsan or Busan. Korean guys can be jealous, hence they may not allow a 'fragile' girl talk to a western guy like this. Occurrences like this one have been reasonably frequent in Taipei (though much less direct), whereas in Ulsan they just didn't happen.

To summarise, Taiwanese guys are far more accommodating than their Korean counterparts. The difference is VERY obvious.

Use them to your advantage. If you're good at dancing, start a dance-off with them. If you're good at charming, open them, and work the interaction towards their female friends.

Part 3) Taiwanese Girls: The lowdown

Taiwanese girls are beautiful: long black hair, petite feminine frames and smooth creamy legs. Put a man in Zongxiao Dunhua and he will fall in love every ten seconds: high-heeled, short-skirted beauties pound the pavements there every day. If this is Brave New World, then this is the hub of alpha recreational entertainment provided so generously by 'his Fordship'. This place is dangerous. You can catch yellow fever here.

Of course, this one place is not entirely representative of Taiwanese girls in general. There is a downside. Whilst they are divine; on the whole, these women are probably not as beautiful as their Japanese and Korean counterparts (partly due to the latter's infatuation with all things cosmetic).

Dental hygiene in particular, is not as carefully adhered to as it is in the surrounding countries, and the accent just isn't as cute. Still, despite this, you have a country which is arguably only behind two others, in terms of yellow-skinned lovelies. (Though the forum members in Thailand may have something to say about this).

Whilst Taiwanese girls may fall behind Korean and Japanese girls in terms of their beauty, they can exceed them in terms of their openness.

In Korea, the society is comparatively more closed and Confucian. On the whole, Koreans prefer to date with other Koreans. To break the trend, you usually need something pretty special: be it a Korean face, advanced language skills or impeccable game.

Great looks may not even necessarily do it in Korea. My best friend is easily a 9/10, and he also found Korean girls highly frustrating. The somewhat prude nature of Ulsan girls was really magnified on New Year's Eve (in Gangnam, Seoul) when he made out with four western girls that approached HIM, beating his total for the previous six months spent in clubs in Ulsan and Busan.

Apart from Seoul, Korean clubs can resemble something like a pre-pubescent school disco. The boys sit apart from the girls, and interactions are kept to a minimum. It's a sea of tight blazers, cheese-fruit plates and occasional dance routines to K-Pop. These are not places to pick-up.

In fact, out of Seoul, Koreans usually try and pick-up at special clubs where you write a note to the waiter and ask them to bring over a group of girls from a different table.

If you try and disturb the calm of the Mad Hatter's tea party at a normal club, by opening a Korean girl, you'll likely face difficulty. There can be a social pressure bearing down on her to reject you.

Even if she likes you, she may have to reject you in front of her friends to 'save her face', or she might have to flake on you the next day, despite a strong suggestion from her to meet up. She may also place too much weight on your occupation, since Korean girls can be pretty superficial here in comparison to other nationalities.

As a western English teacher, you'll have an uphill struggle, since you're pretty low in the hierarchy of Korean society. You can be stigmatised as a person with 'yellow fever' who couldn't get a 'proper' job back home. Sure, this stigmatisation is CERTAINLY exaggerated by a group of angry Beta males on Dave's ESL forum, but it is noticeable, and it's something to be aware of if you're in the country.

I remember going to a club in Busan with my friend. We stood in the queue and waited to get in. Suddenly, the door man came up to us and said "Sorry [Image: biggrin.gif]. No white face [Image: biggrin.gif]". He then made an up-and-down motion with his hand.

This wasn't the only time that such a thing happened. Two clubs in Seoul also turned us away for "not being Korean".

In many of the clubs in Seoul, they have signs which read "No military". This is crazy enough on its own, however, what is more mad is that they often extend their meaning to encompass all foreigners.

These anecdotes highlight just how closed the country can sometimes be. At times I felt like I had the value of a Mexican migrant worker in the US, or a Polish fruit-picker in England. Overall ,I think you get NEGATIVE exotic capital for being a white guy there, not positive. Even Dash Global put his ego to one side and came clean about this.

Despite living in the country for seven months, I really didn't see many westerners with '7+' girls. In Ulsan, I honestly genuinely believe that my case was the only one for the entire year of 2013.

In order to do well in Korea, you need to be pretty special, and you also need to stick to Seoul (particularly Itaewon).

In Taipei, however, things are little bit more achievable.

I remember my first night out here. It was in 'Lava' on a Sunday. The first thing I said to my friend, after less than a minute in the place, was "Fuck! People are dancing with each other! And they're making out with each other!". I hadn't seen this for seven months (including my two trips to Seoul). Finally, I was back in an 'open' city.

Taiwanese girls are far more open than their Korean counterparts. The American influence has done the country a lot of good in this respect. Many girls want to get off the island, hence they have to learn English to make this dream come true. The result is that there are many girls who speak good English here.

For some reason , despite a similar level of English in Korea, Taiwanese girls are noticeably more open. Providing you're cool enough, 'not being Taiwanese' is no excuse for not picking up a couple of bangs here. 'Being an English teacher' is also no excuse here either.

As a teacher, you'll earn around 55,000NT a month on average. This is a very good salary for Taipei, and it's comparable to a university-educated office worker who works longer hours.

The 8/10 I was dating was an NTNU-educated Insurance worker on 40,000NT a month. A 7/10 I dated was earning 29,000NT a month at a clothes shop. Taiwan's economy is strong, but it doesn't filter down to the proletariat.

You will often have a higher salary than most of the girls you meet here, hence you don't get a DLV for being a teacher. Your occupation alone will not hinder you as much as in Korea. Other teachers here only get a DLV because they're poorly-dressed losers with no game.

To summarise: In Taipei, you do not get a negative exotic capital from being a white guy. Sure, you DON'T get a positive exotic capital either, but you're capital is set at neutral, allowing you to concentrate on other things to improve yourself. If your style, humour and game is in check, then you should do ok here.

Whilst Taiwanese girls are, on the whole, more open than Koreans, it's important not to get carried away. It is tough here. You need to stand out, and you need to approach the right type of girl. I personally think that there are three types here:

Type A girl

Found At: Myst, Room18, Spark and Luxy

[Image: r1pg.jpg]

This type of girl goes to high-end clubs abnormally frequently. She's usually very good-looking and well-dressed. She has a palpable bitch shield and she gets off on rejecting guys for validation purposes. The difficulty with this type of girl is the same as in Korea, as she has little interest in westerners and is probably banging a minor Taiwanese celebrity.

A lot of the posters on here have said that Taipei is a tough place to pull (which it certainly can be). This type of woman is probably the reason. The majority of them will either flat-out ignore your opener, or will just plain walk away from you. They are COLD. If you want to talk to them, treat them like an American woman in terms of their attitude. Personally I avoid them, they're a waste of my time and I deserve better than their 'princess attitude'.

Type B girl

Found At: Everywhere, but particularly Luxy

[Image: 3mva.jpg]

These girls can be as good-looking as Type A girls, but the difference is that they don't realise their 'value'. This type of girl only goes out for special occasions (such as birthday parties), hence she hasn't had enough exposure to develop a bitch shield yet. Because of this, she is usually flattered to be approached by a well- dressed foreigner.

After a while, you learn how to spot the B's from the A's. Type B girls just seem to stand around like a gaggle of geese. They usually smile a lot more, and they dress a little bit differently (usually more femininely). They also dance really badly and don't usually smoke. These girls care much more about their parent's opinions of them. They're timid but they're very approachable. Don't come across as too arrogant with these girls, 'neg' them playfully and make them laugh. You can afford to be more 'Beta' here.

Here's an example of something I do with this type of girl:

If she tells you her English name, ask for her Chinese name as well. When she tells you it, jokingly proclaim that you can spell it. Eventually, she'll take out her HTC Smartphone for you to demonstrate on the in-built drawing programme. Slowly draw two lines, which look like the start of a Chinese character. Pause for a second, then manically scribble all over the screen. "See. Perfect [Image: biggrin.gif]". 99% of the time she'll laugh and lightly punch you on the arm.

Also, two little titbits: 'Peela' is Taiwanese for 'Bullshit'. It can be good for jokes. And "Are you Korean :/?" works OK as an opener if you can't think of anything else, it usually leads to some easy teasing.

Type C girl

Found at: Roxy99, Carnegie's and The Brass Monkey

[Image: 6yp8.jpg]

These girls are sluts. They're much easier to game than the other girls. The Roxy ones can be pretty hot, but they rarely reach a rating that exceeds 7/10. They are usually very open to the idea of a ONS and they go to dive bars specifically to find western guys. The only downside is that there aren't that many of them. There's usually only about two 7/10 Type C's in a dive bar on any given night, and you'll have to battle with some unrelenting cock-blockers. Then again, you're better dressed and cooler than the rest of guys at the place, so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

If you're coming to Taipei short-term. Go for this type of girl. It's the easiest way to get your flag. Type B girls are far less open to ONS's.

Part 4) The 'Competition': Other Westerners in Taipei

There's a great term in the colloquial American lexicon that describes 95% of the westerners here: "Whack".

The majority of them have poor style, poor game and a poor attitude.

In my entire time here, I can only think of two other guys who I have genuinely deemed 'competition'. Apart from these two, I have not met anyone else who I would happily wing with (not including members of this forum). This is actually one of the reasons why I role solo all the time here.

A lot of the westerners here have what I call "White God Syndrome". Despite them living in the country for a long period of time, they still think that they get a large positive exotic capital for being a white man here.

The result is that they think that they don't have to make an effort. They'll usually turn up to a high-end club in a baggy pair of jeans and a t-shirt, and with them, they'll have three other similarly-dressed drinking buddies.

The group will usually chime in with phrases such as "We're Gods here, man" and "Just wait, Taiwanese bitches are gonna' come a runnin' at us, bro". At 2am, the group's approaches will consist of a desperate grab on the dancefloor as a result of 'Dutch Courage', and at 4am, the group will usually go home in a taxi together.

Amazingly, after six months of paltry results with this routine, they won't realise that they have to do something differently.

Maybe it's because they're blissfully ignorant, or maybe it's because they're actually content with their results. Many other English teachers here will state that "Taiwanese girls are easy" and that "Taiwanese girls love white dick". A lot of them ARE doing a lot better than they did back home, but the truth is that their opinions are formed on the back of pulling some 5's and 6's at 'Babe18' over the course of a year.

This is where I warn you. Be wary of blue-pill English teachers here who state fallacies such as these.

I remember being in a pub here, with four acquaintances. One of the guys stated how he'd been having great success with 'Skout' (A Smartphone app where you message women).

He stated how a 'model' had been messaging him 'naughty' selfies. He showed a barely-visible photo of her naked body in the dark, then he proudly paraded a photo of her face. She was a 6/10 at best. I wouldn't even approach the girl on a typical night out.

Amazingly, despite him not even banging the girl, the other three guys at the table high-fived him for his 'great result'. His delusion was emphasized even further when he stated how he was 'waiting for her to come back from her long Euro trip', until he could escalate the interaction. (Actually, I remember stifling laughter as I had the image of her being ass-fucked by a big Serbian guy).

This is just one case, but it shows the context of 'good results' for Beta males here. One of the other guys at the table also regularly states that Taiwanese girls are "bloody easy". His girlfriend of two years is a 4/10 and overweight, so go figure.

Taiwanese girls are only easy to pull if you 'dumpster dive' or aim for the lower end of the 'Type C' group. In order to get the better ones, you need to elevate yourself above the sausage hoard.

Luckily, this is very easy in Taipei. If you haven't done so already, I implore you to revamp your style.

I did this in response to being fortunate enough to have my "White God syndrome" slapped out of me in Korea. As a result, I now get countless numbers of girls saying "Oh, I've seen you around before!" or "You're the guy with the tie!" or "We've seen you before and can tell you're British!".

Dressing well is the ultimate game hack. Always aim to be the shiny one in the club. It has usefulness beyond value demonstration because it also makes you memorable. In my opinion, the sense of familiarity can actually help to open up people easier than usual.

With a good sense of style you will see that this place really is a fishbowl. There actually aren't many westerners here due to numerous more desirable tourist destinations nearby, hence it's a case of just trying to be the biggest fish in a small pond. It's easy to do.

Part 5) Nightlife Review

Luxy

Days to Go - In Order of Preference:

1) Wednesday
2) Saturday
3) Friday

Openness to Foreigners

Medium

Zongxiao Dunhua

Overview

This is a reasonably high-end club that is very popular. It's unique because the girls here are much more open to foreigners than the ones in the similar clubs near Taipei 101.

There are two rooms at this venue. One is a large room playing chart music, and the other is a smaller, quieter one which plays hip-hop. The latter room is good for bouncing girls to, though it is usually only open on Fridays and Saturdays.

Despite this, Wednesday is absolutely the best night to go. On this night, the number of foreigners is the lowest and the ratio is the best. In addition, this is the only night where you will have enough room on the dancefloor to 'throw some shapes' and approach girls in the way that YOU want.

On Fridays and Saturdays it can get congested. Your alpha approach might be hindered slightly by a couple of beta-orbiters blocking the way. Also, it's worth noting that 'FretDancer' and I found the music to be crazily loud on a particular Saturday night. It was so loud that it was near impossible to hear someone SHOUTING into your ear. That night I had to drag a Turkish girl towards the bathroom as I just couldn't hear a damn word that she was saying.

Sweet Spots

There are actually 'sweet spots' on the dance floor that avoid the overcrowding. Aim to dance at the left or right-hand side of the floor, in the small sections where it's elevated. These sectors always attract either a group of dancing females, or a friendship group of mixed gender.

You can open the guys in the mixed groups very easily, and start a dance-off. Sometimes you'll find a group of girls here sitting down, who look bored as fuck. You know which line to use here [Image: wink.gif].

Of course, all the action is not just limited to the dancefloor. Another sweet spot is the corridor which leads towards the bathrooms. This place is a goldmine in the earlier hours of the night. It's usually full of groups of 'Type B' girls standing around looking lost. Approach them, they're usually accommodating.

Apart from that, it's just the standard rules of any club. Suss out where the girls are, and go from there.

Roxy99

Days to go - In Order of Preference:

1) Saturday
2) Friday

Openness to Foreigners

High

Daan (Formerly Guting)

Overview

This is the big 'after hours' club in the city. On the weekend it stays open till 7am!

This is a great place to go to if you get blown out in a 'normal club', as it usually only gets going at 2am on Fridays and Saturdays.

The ratio is usually pretty bad and there are A LOT of foreigners here. You can expect some RELENTLESS cock-blocking as the night gets older. Hence, if possible, try to get your target out before 3 or 4am.

Despite these negative sentiments, it is actually arguably the second best venue in the city to pull from (behind Luxy). Taiwanese students and 'Type C' girls frequently go here. In fact, out of the three big dive bars (Roxy99, Carnegie's and The Brass Monkey) it has the highest percentage of Taiwanese people, and probably the sluttiest girls.

The quantity of the quality is not exactly mind-blowing, as for some reason some old haggard women tend to frequent the place. (I think they try to seek out the older foreigners who go there).

Still, despite this, there are always a couple of 7's hanging around who are DTF . All you need to do is be better than the rest of the guys there, which isn't hard.

I recommend going here dressed to the nines. I usually wear a white shirt and a black tie. You will stick out like a sore thumb, and this is good. Girls just become incredibly easy to open, since the sight is such a rarity in such an establishment.

Venue Change

Recently, the venue changed its location from 'Guting' to 'Daan'.

The new venue is much bigger and much cleaner. It seems to be losing its reputation as a 'foreigner-only' place. The place is attracting more Taiwanese people now, so I predict great things for it in the future. The only downside I can think of is that it's no longer next to NTN University.

Carnegie's

1) Wednesday (Ladies night)

Openness to Foreigners

High

Daan

Overview

This is another one of the dive bars in Taipei. On a Wednesday night, it's got the biggest crowd of the three.

The place has a TERRIBLE ratio and it usually has the most foreigners out of the three dive bars. The crowd is also the oldest by far. There are usually just one or two girls 'Type C' girls who are good-looking enough to have a ONS with, hence you could be placing all your eggs in one basket by coming here.

Still, despite my apocalyptic opening statements, there are some good things about this place:

1) Any girl that enters here is very obviously DTF with a westerner. There's just no other reason why she'd be in a crowded pub full of aging foreigners.

2) I just find this place highly amusing, it has a house-party vibe. The management are also delightfully self-deprecating about how much of a shithole it is.

The Brass Monkey

1) Thursday (Ladies night)

Openness to Foreigners

High

Daan

Overview

The third and final dive bar. This place has the biggest crowd of all of them on a Thursday night, where all the tables and chairs are put to one side to create a shitty dancefloor.

I think this place is a slightly better option than Carnegie's, as on Thursday nights there's not much else on in Taipei, hence all the freaks have to gather here.

The result is that there will be a couple more 'Type C' girls knocking around, in comparison to Wednesdays at Carnegie's.

The place is actually very similar to Carnegies, except it's a bit more crowded.

It really is a shithole, but it's damn funny, and it' more light-hearted than the 'proper clubs' in Taipei.

Box (Formerly 'Wax')

1) Never
2) Wednesday (If you have to go because you're an alcoholic, as it's all you can drink for 300NT)

Openness to Foreigners

High (But there are barely any girls here who are 6+/10. A lot of the girls are foreigners themselves)

Guting

Overview

I have been here three times.

The first time, I stayed here for half an hour: the longest amount of time that I have managed to dwell in this place.

The ratio MUST have been 10:1, and there must have been about five Taiwanese girls in total. The environment resembled something from a Mad Max-style dystopia, and the idea seemed like the brainchild of the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Only this time he was after foreign males in Taipei, and he swapped his horse and cart, for a club and bouncer.

I remember walking around thinking "Where the fuck am I?". I walked onto the centre of the dancefloor and some ugly girl with short hair approached me and started dancing.

I walked away and spent the rest of the time talking to a Filipino-Taiwanese guy about my planned holiday to Palawan, then I left.

The other two times I literally stayed no longer than five minutes.

I tried to give it a fair chance, but the truth is that it has the worst ratio of any club in Taipei, and the highest ratio of foreign English teachers. Avoid it, it's a waste of time.

The 'Sweet Spot'

The MRT station which is just outside the venue. Walk down the stairs and go somewhere else.

Myst

1) Wednesday
2) Saturday
3) Friday

Openness to Foreigners

Very Low

Near Taipei 101

Overview

This club has the best looking girls in the whole of Taipei, so it's no surprise that it's the hardest place to pull.

It's probably the most upscale club in the city. In fact, it's the only place where I've really noticed the 'upper class' in Taipei.

To me, it's like being back in Korea whenever I go to this place. A lot of 'Type A' girls go here, so you'll need to be ready to handle a lot of rejections. It's VERY hard to pull here: a sentiment of which has been echoed by multiple forum members who have visited the city.

In fact, 'whand' told me a story about a friend of his, who is friends with a Taiwanese professional basketball player. Apparently, the two of them went to here as part of a big group. They all sat in one of the private booths.

Predictably, the basketball player got A LOT of positive attention, hence, at the request of the other guy, they went back to the place on their own a week later to try and pull girls. They didn't book a booth this time, and the basketball player got blown out of his approaches in and around the dancefloor. The girls didn't care for him this time. Take this as you will.

I'm usually great at handling rejection, but it's hard to know what to do when a girl just flat out walks away from you, or continues her conversation as if you're invisible and mute. It can throw you off a bit at first.

My recommendation is to look for the 'Type B' girls, who are really easy to spot here.

I remember one night where I got blown out by about five different 'Type A' girls. I was getting pretty pissed off and I went to the smaller room to grab a beer.

When I was there, I noticed three 'Type B' girls moving through the room. They looked kinda 'lost' in the place. I approached them, and about twenty seconds later they were all playfully giggling, slapping each other, and shouting out answers to my (crappy) jokes in unison. It was like something from a Family Guy sketch that features Quagmire. The differences between these 'Types' of girls is just ASTOUNDING.

'Sweet Spots'

There's a huge balcony which looks onto Taipei 101. It's a beautiful view, and it's nice and quiet. This could be a good place to bounce a girl to. (Though it's usually closed off on Wednesdays).

I wouldn't bother with the dancefloor here as it gets crazily congested with guys. Approach in the smaller, quieter room or at the right-hand side of the main bar near the entrance. The other side is just full of people sitting down in private booths.

Spark

1) Wednesday

Openness to Foreigners

Low

Inside Taipei 101

Overview

This is probably the second hardest place to pull in Taipei after 'Myst'. it's another upscale club, and it's situated in the basement of Taipei 101.

There is some REALLY hot talent here, but surprisingly, my main beef with the place has nothing to do with the attitudes of 'Type A' girls.

The layout just SUCKS. It's TINY and FUCKING CROWDED.

On Saturday nights you just won't have any room to move. You can't just park your feet on the dancefloor and show your moves. There's no room. You have a space the size of a dinner plate to work with. It's impossible not to get barged every twenty seconds.

There's not even anywhere else to go, outside of this area. If you stand in the thoroughfare, then you'll get barged by one of the waiters every minute. You just can't approach inside this place. You'll have to see it for yourself to know what I mean.

In addition, it has the loudest music of any venue in Taipei, by MILES. You have to SCREAM into a girls ear. My ears actually hurt after leaving this place.

The one saving grace is that it has a very large area outside its entrance, where MANY people congregate (presumably to get out of the fucking sardine can for five minutes).

This is a good place to approach, or to drag girls to (when you inevitably can't talk to, or dance with them inside).

You could probably show up outside the entrance and not even pay to go into the place, actually. I've been meaning to experiment with this. There is definitely potential.

Babe 18

1) Sunday (500NT all you can drink)
2) Thursday (500NT all you can drink)

Openness to Foreigners

Medium

Near Taipei 101

Overview

Out of the Taipei 101 clubs, this is by far the most popular with westerners. Hence, it's probably the worst option for picking up Taiwanese girls.

The ratio is pretty bad, and the place is REALLY small. You usually have a half an hour window of pulling on the dancefloor before it becomes so packed that you can't even move. For this reason, this club is the biggest offender when it comes to the Taiwanese 'congestion phenomenon' that I mentioned earlier.

After the dancefloor becomes saturated (and the edge of it also becomes saturated), your only real option is to talk to girls in the drinks queue. This can be ok, but it's not exactly ideal. The place just always feels too busy, it's not conducive to picking up.

I personally don't like this place, but it seems to be really popular with some English teachers here. I think you could probably find a 6 here to go home with on some night, without gargantuan difficulty. The quality and quantity of girls is low though, and I personally wouldn't bother with this place.

The only redeeming factor is that it's the only real 'party' in the city on a Sunday. If you're stuck on things to do on that night, go here, it may be better than staying in.

On Thursdays and Sundays it's VERY popular. There are always huge queues outside the entrance, which consist of a high percentage of foreigners. This brings me onto the next place....

Lava

1) Thursday (University night! and 500NT all you can drink)
2) Sunday (700NT all you can drink)

Openness to Foreigners

Low to Medium

Near Taipei 101

Overview

Remember those queues outside Babe 18 on Thursdays and Sundays that I mentioned? Which consist of a large number of foreigners?

Well, if you continue down to 'Lava', you'll find no queue, and if you continue into the club, you'll find NO FUCKING WESTERNERS.

On three occasions there I've been the ONLY westerner. On another two occasions, there have been literally only two others!

I am astonished that not more people have clocked onto this place. Sometimes I snigger to myself when I walk past the Babe18 queue.

The low amount of westerners means that you are always going to be 'the shiny one' in the club. You have the freedom to approach whoever you want. No other westerner that night is going to approach the girl you're talking to.

While the ratio of Taiwanese people to westerners is monumentally favourable, the ratio of guys to girls is usually not. Thus I recommend Thursdays, as this is the night with the highest number of girls.

Thursday is university night, it's full of many girls between the age of 19 and 22. As a 22 year-old male, this is perfect for me.

I do think that the girls go here to try and avoid the westerners in 'Babe 18' though, and in addition, I've also found the girls to be less open than their counterparts in 'Luxy'.

Still, there are a lot of young and very approachable 'Type B' girls here. It's very easy to make out with one of them, but it just takes effort - and probably a couple of dates - to secure the bang.

Part 6) Final Thoughts

Providing you choose the right venue, and providing you have your game and style in check; Taipei is not as difficult as it has sometimes been made out to be.

In fact, this may well be THE Asian 'fishbowl'. It's very easy to stand out from the low number of (douchey) foreigners here, and it's easy to be one of the big fishes in the city.

If you're in the right venue, on the right night, then it's possible to pull a '6' - or even a '7' - on any other night here.
My bang report may not reflect this statement completely, hence it is important that I elaborate on some of the incidents that were not documented in it:

There were absolutely times where I had a '6' down and ready to bounce, but due to my immaturity and ego, I often turned it down, in order to have another shot at a '7' (This actually happened on my most recent night out with FretDancer).

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a '6' home, and I'm not trying to flex muscles for a second, I'm just weird and genuinely prefer masturbating about my former R.E teacher, instead of going through the arduous process of walking a '6' to the MRT at 9am, whilst hung-over, in the blistering morning heat, after a night of little sleep and average sex that I can't even boast to my friends about later in the day.

But if you don't have the somewhat juvenile attitude that I sometimes have, then you can absolutely get laid a lot here.

This datasheet was written on the basis of my first 4.5 months spent in the city, but I've actually been here for 5.5 months now.

I've entered a strange phase of transition and reflection. I have calmed things down and have only gone out three times since my strong spell in August and September, only feeling the desire to do so because other RooshVForum members were out, and I knew I'd be treated to the rarity of a good wingman.

I've realised that I know every venue here like the back of my hand, hence it's become less and less exciting. Rolling solo here has really taken its toll, hence I feel that a change of location is needed once again.

I have not SLAIN it here and I could CERTAINLY improve my tally by sticking around and trying to score better quality girls than my steady flow of 7's and the occasional 7.5. Additionally, I could add a couple more bangs if I had so much as a modicum of patience with online game (Although this is all JUST speculation, it may not be true).

After a while though, I think it gets a bit repetitive being here, despite my absolute love of the place. I think that this is the one big downside of the city, and it's only fair to reflect on this in my conclusion.

After 4.5 months of hitting it hard, Taipei has become a bit small, and a little too familiar. After a while, you see the same faces, and the same faces see you.

Maybe this is just a phenomenon that I would find in any place. As mentioned, I have previously only lived in one city abroad, and at 22, I'm pretty young and perhaps a lot more immature than the other posters on this forum. Maybe I just have an uncommon 'anti-inertia' and an unquenchable desire to change country every six months. I am sure of one thing though: I absolutely hate routine, and a routine is what this is starting to become.

I want to leave this place 'on a high' (or at least at a reasonably good 'point of saturation'). There are many countries out there and I think it might be time to move on, in the pursuit of a new flavour.

Hence I've decided that I will move to Bangkok in December. I hope that after a comparable amount time spent there, I can provide a similar datasheet.

Comprehensive data sheet, Taipei has been added to my list.

Ahh, how far you've come. I remember telling you a couple months back to hit Luxy more and that Zhongxiao Dunhua is fantastic (and to skip Ximen market).

All in a great sheet. Echoes what I wrote about to the T.
Luxy on weds is straight madness for swooping girls.
Babe 18 on Thursday is the spot (but only early 10.30-11.30), because afterwards it just gets jammed and its impossible to do work

I did Myst on Friday and had a really tough time there. Its one oblong box dancefloor, but luckily I have dance-floor game and hit it off w/the "type A" hi-society taiwanese girls. I will be honest, if you don't speak chinese, its almost impossible to get any traction here. I hung out w/them and they were loaded as shit. Also very group-cohesive. The hottest girls will NOT leave their friends. I threw up the story on the taipei thread.

Theres a patio on Myst, and stairs to another level. If you stand outside the "bottle service rooms" (all glass rooms overlooking the city), you can snipe really hot A-grade women smoking cigarettes.

The foreigner's game is atrocious there. Drunk, sloppy, loud. Those are the exact opposite of what you should do.

1 food spot really stood out in Zhongxiao Dunhua- zhiao long bao (steamed dumpling) spot called Din Tai Fung. It has 1 michelin star, lots of tourists, and its a must-have for any visitor. I dropped 40 per person on a light meal, but totally worth it.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

LB,
Amazing DS man! This is what I'm talking when it comes to a solid sheet!
Would be awesome if you were to include also some example of the cost of things there like taxi, a decent furnished apart near the action to get an idea of what kind of budget would be needed to have a good time in Taipei.

Man, I'm extremely curious and very interested in spending some time in Taipei when I return to Asia!

Oh one more thing: how about safety there? Is that even an issue apart from using the usual common sense? Is it safe to wear expensive designer clothes/watches there or no?

Cheers man!

Great Datasheet man.

I have gone out with Leighton and can completely vouch for him. He is a really fun guy and cool dude, and is not scared of approaching. I live in another city a little far from Taipei so sometimes its hard for me to party at Taipei often.

This week hopefully we'll kill it and have some fun, this week is Halloween week if I'm not mistaken.

Right on regarding the Taiwanese girl types. If you are a mad approacher, approaching type A girls can be a big hit to your ego. Sure you could say they are the hottest, but like Leighton said this girls are plain bitches almost 100% of the time, after a while you learn to not waste time with these girls.

I got a PM from another RVFer in Taipei, Leighton has already met him and vouches for him so I'm looking forward for us three to do some heavy damage, and highly encourage more RVFers to Taiwan.

Quote: (10-20-2013 10:51 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

LB,
Amazing DS man! This is what I'm talking when it comes to a solid sheet!
Would be awesome if you were to include also some example of the cost of things there like taxi, a decent furnished apart near the action to get an idea of what kind of budget would be needed to have a good time in Taipei.

Man, I'm extremely curious and very interested in spending some time in Taipei when I return to Asia!

Oh one more thing: how about safety there? Is that even an issue apart from using the usual common sense? Is it safe to wear expensive designer clothes/watches there or no?

Cheers man!

VP,

In my opinion, the costs of food, club entry and taxi's are almost exactly double the cost in Bangkok (Give or take literally like 10NT).

A decent plate of street food in Bangkok is perhaps 30-50NT, whereas in Taipei it's 80-100NT. Though Taiwanese food fucking sucks by comparison, expect to sometimes eat a bowl of dry noodles and a pig's ear [Image: confused.gif]. The great thing is that western food is actually a lot cheaper here, particularly 'Subway' and 'Pizza Hut'. I used to eat at the former every day (partly to avoid Taiwanese food haha)

On a big night out, at a popular club in Bangkok, club entry is around the 300-400NT ballpark, whilst in Taipei it's usually about 700NT.

If you want a BIG night out on a Saturday - i.e Luxy, followed by the after party at Roxy99, with taxis and food - then you shouldn't need more than 2,000NT TOPS.

I'm on an English teacher's salary of 58,000NT a month, and I really don't worry about money. I go out when I want and buy new clothes a lot. On a higher salary than mine, you'll be laughing here.

Rent is what separates Taipei and Bangkok, in terms of price. If you want a good place near the action (i.e Zongxiao Dunhua) then it'll cost about 20,000NT per month. Though you can get a cheap 'one-room' apartment around there for about 10,000NT.

I live in Banqiao. It requires me to take the MRT towards the action, and a taxi back, but I have a big apartment for 8,000NT a month. It has two bedrooms, a big living room, a kitchen and a balcony which is bigger than my parents' living room. And it's on the top floor, overlooking New Taipei City. It's a good place to bring girls back to, despite its average location. You can get a big apartment for peanuts here if you know where to look.

In terms of safety, well, it's absolutely not an issue to even think about haha!

You could run around shouting "SOMEBODY STEAL MY WALLET" and no one would do it. It's even safer than Korea here, and Korea is damn safe. I've never once had to look over my shoulder, and I've not once seen anything that even resembles 'trouble'. And this is coming from a guy who walks around on his own at 4am in the morning pretty damn regularly. (Though I've heard a few strange reports about Kaohsiung).

Actually, it's one of the big plus points about living in East Asia. I come from Southampton, England. Every Saturday night in England just feels so 'angry' in comparison. I used to walk around the city centre at 9pm and the atmosphere was just horrible. Every English guy is just looking for a fight on a Saturday night in an English city centre. Just catching a guys eyes at the wrong time can get you punched or 'started on'. It's bullshit.

I think a big reason for the huge gap in safety is that people are just out a lot more at night in Asian countries. In England, everyone is locked up at home by 7pm. Hence it creates a 'V for Vendetta' style atmosphere on the streets after that time.

In Asia, you see entire families eating at the 7-11 at like midnight haha.

Plus Asia has a more 'collectivist' culture. Like, if a guy is vandalising a postbox here, someone will stop them and say 'it's our community's postbox'.

Thanks LB,
So food cab and and clubbing are twice BKK's costs but foreign food is cheaper? Interesting!
Is it easy to get short term furnished apart like say 1-3 months? Also the price you quoted for a parts, I assume they are for furnished flats, right?

Cheers man!

Do visa runs cause any troubles? Can I fly to Hong Kong, fly back and get another 30-day visa?

Excellent datasheet, LB -- +1 from me!!

I've had an interest in checking out Taiwan for several yearrs. From what I hear, it sounds like a mixture of China and Japan (I also love girls who speak Mandarin with Taiwanese accents). Reading this post, especially hearing how much English teachers can earn in one month, makes me want to consider Taipei as a future destination.

How much are housing and living expenses in Taipei?

Ceterum censeo Ōsakam esse delendam!

Great sheet man. I should do the same for BKK, but I probably won't.

The TYPE A/B/C breakdown is pretty similar to that here in BKK.

Taipei sounds like a blast. Have to throw it on the list with about 297 other cities to visit before I die lol.

LeightonB (or anyone else):

I'm in Los Angeles, and I have found Taiwanese people to be especially polite, here, and tonight I met up with several Taiwanese for snacks (well mostly guys) with a couple of girls in the mix. Anyhow, they were going on and on about Taiwan and missing home.. etc.. and talking a lot about Taipei. They kept switching back and forth from Chinese to English.. and back to Chinese.. but mostly they were speaking English in order to be polite to me (since I don't know Chinese).

One of the guys kept talking about a phenomenon that he observed in Taipei about guys literally "picking up" girls. The girls get so drunk out in a night of clubbing that unknown guys will pick them up and take them home (or to some convenient place to bang), and the girl cannot defend herself b/c she is so drunk and defenseless. And, the method of the guy would be to just act as if he is "with " the girl when he does not know her and he had just "picked" her up from some isolated location in or near a night club. This Taiwanese guy seemed to think that this "picking girls" up situation was a fairly new and a growing phenomenon in Taipei.

Another guy was going on and on about how he thought that Karaoke had been an ongoing and popular activity in Taipei, and so many Taiwanese are spending their time in this Karaoke activity (thought this has been going on for years and years), and he knows of an 8 story building in Taipei that is largely dedicated to Karaoke. I did NOT get the name of the 8-story karaoke building; however, his story got me thinking that I do NOT really like Karaoke; however, there may be situations in which Karaoke may be a staple activity if a guy wants to pick up and bang girls in Taipei - at least to get into social circles of "normal" girls.

Quote: (10-27-2013 02:56 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

LeightonB (or anyone else):

One of the guys kept talking about a phenomenon that he observed in Taipei about guys literally "picking up" girls. The girls get so drunk out in a night of clubbing that unknown guys will pick them up and take them home (or to some convenient place to bang), and the girl cannot defend herself b/c she is so drunk and defenseless. And, the method of the guy would be to just act as if he is "with " the girl when he does not know her and he had just "picked" her up from some isolated location in or near a night club. This Taiwanese guy seemed to think that this "picking girls" up situation was a fairly new and a growing phenomenon in Taipei.

Another guy was going on and on about how he thought that Karaoke had been an ongoing and popular activity in Taipei, and so many Taiwanese are spending their time in this Karaoke activity (thought this has been going on for years and years), and he knows of an 8 story building in Taipei that is largely dedicated to Karaoke. I did NOT get the name of the 8-story karaoke building; however, his story got me thinking that I do NOT really like Karaoke; however, there may be situations in which Karaoke may be a staple activity if a guy wants to pick up and bang girls in Taipei - at least to get into social circles of "normal" girls.

I've literally never heard of, or seen anything to resemble the 'picking up' thing haha. Sounds crazy. Where did he get that from? haha.

Most girls here have like one drink on a night out. (In fact, it's good to try and get free drink tokens off of girls as they never use them.)

Plus, they VERY rarely leave their friends. One-night-stands aren't massively common in the main clubs here, in my opinion, as most people live with their parents.

The most direct that Taiwanese guys will get is when they surround girls on Babe 18's dance floor. But even then, they usually just dance behind the girl and fist-pump with three other guys.

In fact, last night (once again) reaffirmed that Taiwanese guys just don't do anything:

I was out with 'whand' and one of the things that has stuck with me was when he said "Dude, you're totally right, Taiwanese guys just don't fucking cock-block".

This was after he walked up to a girl (partially for the fun of it, partially as an opener) and said "you have a fucking nice ass". Her guy friends just sat there passively, staring into space. Then apparently the girl tried to wave over the guys to help cock-block, but they didn't come over haha.

In addition, we approached two girls who were walking over to their guy friends ('whand' spotted this one). For about 5-10 minutes we playfully danced with them and kept joking about their cleavage (they were wearing those dresses with the cut out near the breast area). Lots of kino went on, and they were grabbing us jokingly, and their guy friends just stood behind us and waited until we moved on haha.

Actually, I may as well tell another story: Last week I walked onto the dancefloor, started dancing with a girl, and said "So, do I get a kiss?". After about ten seconds we made out and then after some dancing I said "let's get some food".

She liked the idea, so I grabbed her hand and we walked towards the elevator. But as we were near it, the girl's friend grabbed her other hand and forced her over to a private booth in the smaller room. I followed, and at the booth I was greeted by her boyfriend. He firmly stated "I'm her boyfriend", but it was pretty passive in comparison to what you'd expect in England or something. I laughed, then he put out his hand (as if to say 'goodbye') and I shook it. (Then I laughed again and blew a kiss at his girlfriend).

Actually, last night just had the feeling that we could do anything we wanted to. No one was going to try and intervene. It's great fun to finally have some capable wingmen, I personally much prefer it to rolling solo (though rolling solo absolutely kicks the shit out of rolling with Betas). (P.S Fret Dancer you need to move to Taipei).

You are correct about the Karaoke place. It's in Ximen, and it is at least six floors! Taiwanese people love going to the KTV. They frequent these places in a similar fashion to how we frequent clubs. There's certainly potential there.

I've not gone here yet as I have no social circle to go with haha. I need to stop being such a loner.

Very well written datasheet, thanks for taking the time to write it. :-)

Quote:Quote:

"Soon enough, I isolated the girl and danced with her. The other four members of the group moved away and left me to it. To cut a long story short, I left hand-in-hand with the 19 year-old, in the full view of the 29 year-old who was standing three metres away from the exit. Checkmate."

[Image: gamerecognized.gif]

This should be the template from which all other datasheets are made.

Quote:Quote:

She responded reasonably well, but then a minute later she said "Sorry" and ran over to the American guy. She started grinding on him again, in full view of me. I felt really fucking stupid and Beta at this point as I'd very obviously given her undeserved validation. Check.

Dat feel

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Quote: (10-27-2013 10:49 AM)Cyclone Wrote:  

Yeah this was very helpful, thanks Leighton for taking the time to put this together! And thanks for waiting until you had a reasonable amount of data [Image: smile.gif]

Don't know if this should go in this thread or not, but I just arrived in Taiwan 2 weeks ago and would love to meet up with any of you guys who are in Taipei and up for going out weeknights / weekends. I've been out to some of the clubs already by myself, but I know it'll be more fun (and likely more productive) with a wing or two. If you're available, hit me up with a PM and we'll get in touch on Line or whatever.

Quote: (11-05-2013 11:11 PM)Inktrain Wrote:  

Quote: (10-27-2013 10:49 AM)Cyclone Wrote:  

Yeah this was very helpful, thanks Leighton for taking the time to put this together! And thanks for waiting until you had a reasonable amount of data [Image: smile.gif]

Don't know if this should go in this thread or not, but I just arrived in Taiwan 2 weeks ago and would love to meet up with any of you guys who are in Taipei and up for going out weeknights / weekends. I've been out to some of the clubs already by myself, but I know it'll be more fun (and likely more productive) with a wing or two. If you're available, hit me up with a PM and we'll get in touch on Line or whatever.

PM'd. Good to hear about another RVF'er in Taipei

May as well add a small update while I'm here:

#10. 26 years old. Only a 6/10. From 'Roxy99'. Luckily she walked herself to the MRT station in the morning.

Word of warning: If you go to a dive bar, you WILL be putting all your eggs into one basket.

Me and 'whand' went there on Saturday: There were barely any girls there, and the only hot ones seemed to be paired up with an ugly friend.

This meant that we didn't have the fun time we did in the two outings prior, which were both spent at Luxy. Both times (especially the last one) were the highest order of fun, and 'gaming' should be fun.

We had an invincible feeling and felt like we could just do anything, much to the (literally) visible annoyance of guys around us.

I'm sure as hell gonna miss Luxy when I leave here, along with 'whand'. (And I'd definitely like to meet FretDancer again, too).

Good shit. i'm in Taipei now actually. I'll be hitting up Myst tonight. My time won't be long in Taipei, but I'll probably be back in January depending on how the rest of my week here goes.

I agree with you about online game being too slow here. I've already gone out with a 3 girls from OKCupid during my stay. The first girl was okay looking, but REALLY fucking weird. The second one was absolutely hideous in person. The third one was cute in person, but her English was horrible and it's going to take some time to bang her. Time I'm not willing to invest (since I only have a week left). I'm going to forget about online game and stick with day and night game from now on.

Is whand a person? Confused by that lol.

Any idea where to next after Taiwan? Decision coming soon?

Quote: (11-06-2013 09:12 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Yeah he's a person haha, he's registered on this forum but has no posts.

I'm coming to Bangkok man, we shall have to meet. (Perhaps at the best place to pull middle-class Thai girls: Soi Cowboy, right?)

Rio: What is your timeline? Do you know when are you leaving Thailand, and for how long will you be in your next location? Are each of these timeline issues too tentative to disclose at the moment?

Quote: (11-06-2013 09:28 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

Yeah he's a person haha, he's registered on this forum but has no posts.

I'm coming to Bangkok man, we shall have to meet. (Perhaps at the best place to pull middle-class Thai girls: Soi Cowboy, right?)

Ill take you to Afterschool. Best bar ever.

JJG, I have absolutely no plan whatsoever. I envision being here for the foreseeable future, and probably always coming back here as I have a large social circle. Other than that, no clue.

Damn man from the looks of it this country sounds like the ultimate freedom. Not much cock blocking , almost non existent crime. Awesome data sheet thanks man, gives us a time sheet standard to live up to.

I'll be in Taiwan next month so should be some fun so if any of ya'll are around then will definitely be up to meet.

Bro, you could write a book on this and make money off from providing this valuable and succulent information. Hats off. I'm now convinced that Taiwan is next on my list of countries.

I realized this datasheet is geared toward foreigners, but as a American Born Chinese (ABC), this thread is pretty accurate. However, with two new clubs opening up right under Myst @ ATT I think the entire dynamics may change. Will observe for a couple more months and report.

Bottom line though, if you are asian and speak decent enough mandarin, these girls are at your fingertips. I guess you can just put type A girls as Taiwanese gold diggers. Not even worth the effort. Too many pussy local guys who are willing to shower them with money and go shopping. Type B girls are definately plenty of them in Taipei. Honestly, Europe has a lot more "Hot" girls but Taipei has much more cute girls.

And you should get laid at least once every 1-2 weeks if you have decent game with cute girls. The hot ones take way too much work. Still, the action I am getting is much better then the states. (But I primarily banged white girls).

Quote: (12-23-2013 02:04 PM)TaipeiHighLife Wrote:  

I realized this datasheet is geared toward foreigners, but as a American Born Chinese (ABC), this thread is pretty accurate. However, with two new clubs opening up right under Myst @ ATT I think the entire dynamics may change. Will observe for a couple more months and report.

Bottom line though, if you are asian and speak decent enough mandarin, these girls are at your fingertips. I guess you can just put type A girls as Taiwanese gold diggers. Not even worth the effort. Too many pussy local guys who are willing to shower them with money and go shopping. Type B girls are definately plenty of them in Taipei. Honestly, Europe has a lot more "Hot" girls but Taipei has much more cute girls.

And you should get laid at least once every 1-2 weeks if you have decent game with cute girls. The hot ones take way too much work. Still, the action I am getting is much better then the states. (But I primarily banged white girls).

Hey, that's very interesting. I am moving to Singapore and Taipei is high on my list of places to check out (this thread def helps). How about for non-white foreigners (I am Afghan) -- still "easy"?