rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Wear A Pocket Square in Pictures

A lot of cats on here have been asking me How to Rock a Pocket Square.

The style thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9489.html that Mixx started is mad ill.

But I thought Pocket Squares deserved it's own thread since they are such and easy way to take your Game to the next level.

I busted out a dope post with mad pictures of how it's done. Peep it:

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2012/01/how...quare.html

Pocket Squares are one of the simplest thing you can do to look fresh.

I rock them constantly.

And they are great for the up-and-coming International Playboy on a budget.

They can be had for mad cheap.

Nice G. Cheap pocket squares can be had at http://www.thetiebar.com ($5 for flat colors). Normal men's stores sell them for $20-25. Guys should also get a silver tie bar, it's a nice little accent piece that most don't wear.

Here is a tip for you guys on a budget, my grandmother ( a dress maker in Jamaica WI) taught me. The best and cheapest place to get pocket squares is at a local fabric store.

Buy about Half a yard which will cost about $3-7 usd depending on the quality. Have the Fabric cutter cut them in to squares for you. From Half a yard you can get 2-3 great size pocket squares depending on how pronounced you wear your squares. So that works out to about 1usd per Square for very High Quality unique squares.

If your in NYC go to the Garment District between 40th-34th and 6th-8th ave, go there mid day( 1pm-4pm) during the week. You will be the only straight guy in the fabric stores fill with Fashion designers, FIT students and stylist.

Also don't match the Pocket Squares to much with what your wearing.

good song at the end. I rock mine subtle and straight like Bruce Lee and James Bond. I keep my style subtle and simple - I don't have enough "fashion sense" to try anything too wild. the square gives a suit (tailored of course) that x-factor that separates the men from the boys.

Quote: (01-13-2012 04:20 AM)Intl_Rasta Wrote:  

Here is a tip for you guys on a budget, my grandmother ( a dress maker in Jamaica WI) taught me. The best and cheapest place to get pocket squares is at a local fabric store.

Buy about Half a yard which will cost about $3-7 usd depending on the quality. Have the Fabric cutter cut them in to squares for you. From Half a yard you can get 2-3 great size pocket squares depending on how pronounced you wear your squares. So that works out to about 1usd per Square for very High Quality unique squares.

If your in NYC go to the Garment District between 40th-34th and 6th-8th ave, go there mid day( 1pm-4pm) during the week. You will be the only straight guy in the fabric stores fill with Fashion designers, FIT students and stylist.

Great tip.

Now that's Game.

Wise words from your grandmother. Will be heading out to do exactly this in the week.

G, great thread. A pocket square can really bring a suit to life and give you quick and easy flair. By the way, your Serge clip has me listening to chanson on youtube. Here's Brel rocking the square in two different ways: playboy cool and coffee-shop bum.

[Image: attachment.jpg4135]   [Image: attachment.jpg4136]   

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMzAmrNS164

This is brilliant-these are the real-world, DIY tips where I can find value and build a unique style at the same time. Pocket squares have captured my interest since the venerable G first preached about them, but I've never been able to get myself to pay $10-30 for square cuts of cloth that tailors discard by the kilo.

Or maybe I don't understand how a pocket square is actually tailored-please educate the ignorant.

Thanks for sharing Intl_Rasta. Please extend my gratitude to your grandma.

Quote: (01-13-2012 08:10 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Great tip.

Now that's Game.

Here is some very good explains that i think utilize my number one rule with pocket squares, not matching squares to much with the suit, shirt and tie your wearing. This is just my rule on the subject many different school of thoughts.

Notice a the faint color of purple dots in the squares paired with the solid tie
[Image: attachment.jpg4142]   

Lapo is crazy here with his squares size but it works.
[Image: attachment.jpg4143]   

Two squares he could of took the easy route and wore a solid white square but why do anything easy.
[Image: attachment.jpg4145]   

Murder...I raped this look all last summer /spring... I get a lot of ideas from patrick Johnson.
Notice all different shades of dark blues tie, squares , pants
[Image: attachment.jpg4147]   

I would NOT wear...this not my style.. to perfect.
[Image: attachment.jpg4148]   

Quote: (01-14-2012 11:42 PM)stein Wrote:  

Or maybe I don't understand how a pocket square is actually tailored-please educate the ignorant.

Stein,

Simple, answer pocket squares are not tailored. Notting special or tailored needs to be done to them.

I will try to think of some other DIY tips i can share, I spent my summers as a kid in my grandmother and her brother (my granduncle) dress & tailoring shop in jamaica. Its funny how as a kid i hate it, now as a man looking back i learned a lot.

Quote: (01-14-2012 11:42 PM)stein Wrote:  

Thanks for sharing Intl_Rasta. Please extend my gratitude to your grandma.

Pocket squares usually come in 2 dimensions
- 12x12/13x13 for cotton and linen
- 17"x17" for silk

Linen is preferred over cotton.

Silk usually costs significantly more if you're buying name brand (Hermes, Drakes, etc)

The tailoring part in a pocket square is about the edges.

A typical cheap pocket square is machine sewn.

[Image: 629px-Make_hanky_5.jpg]

A player's pocket square is hand rolled.

[Image: k.jpg]

The hand rolled square looks like this when you put it in your pocket. The key to notice is that the edges have a nice "3d effect" that you don't really get with a machine sewn edge.

[Image: pocket-square.jpg]

You can get handrolled squares all over. Tie Bar has some decent ones for less than 10. Kent Wang is a good go to as well.

http://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squares/p...-edge.html

If you try to make them at home, a hand rolled pocket square can take about 2 hours to get the stitching perfect.

Keep in mind, most guys don't do the 4 mountains, crown, or the other folks, they go straight TV Fold/Presidential.

http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpockets...refold.htm

But there are lots of options

http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpockets...efolds.htm

Rasta, WIA, - great info from both of you and a well-deserved +1 from me. Thanks!

Quote: (01-15-2012 01:05 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

A typical cheap pocket square is machine sewn.

A player's pocket square is hand rolled.

Incredible post, Great thread.

Damn you perfect, detail-oriented f---ers! I was reading this thread looking at my s--- that I thought was tight. Then I noticed the flat, machine sewn lines. So I got a couple new hand sewn ones... and you are absolutely right WIA. My handmade silk white square with powder blue edges takes the look to the next level, makes my suit "pop" more. And yes, women notice.

The best and cheapest place to get pocket squares is at a local fabric store... Buy about Half a yard which will cost about $3-7 usd depending on the quality. Have the Fabric cutter cut them in to squares for you. From Half a yard you can get 2-3 great size pocket squares depending on how pronounced you wear your squares. So that works out to about 1usd per Square for very High Quality unique squares.

You'd be surprised at how common this is. The tailoring shop I work in rents tuxedos, and at least once a week a bride-to-be comes in with fabric, requesting we cut it into the appropriate sizes and stitch the edges.

I'd probably do so myself, but when you work in the industry there's no need... I just order all of my accessories at-cost from our suppliers.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I insist on hand rolled pocket squares.

I like to buy from kentwang.com or santorelli off ebay

It's worth learning a variety of folds so you can express yourself in different ways

I prefer the three pointed and the guido puff

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Is there a site that details how to do the puffy folds?

Quote: (02-16-2012 10:29 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2012 10:29 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpockets...efolds.htm

Quote: (01-12-2012 10:29 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

But I thought Pocket Squares deserved it's own thread since they are such and easy way to take your Game to the next level.

Funny thing happened last week. I was going back to my office, rolling on a beige Kilgour Suit with crimson/red handmade silk pocket square busted out. Out of nowhere, this 28 year old Polish chick (dime a dozen in Chicago) stopped in front of me, looking shocked, mouth wide open, and says to me “ You look veeery niiice today.”

Now I'm not a bad looking dude and usually have suits on, but since I upgraded all my squares (Mad Men white cotton now for business only) I get more play. I really think the squares round off the suited look in a highly individualistic fashion, taking you from great-dressed-guy to Gentleman Stud, if that makes sense.

Actually, I think the squares trigger another psychological reaction.

I know younger guys are snickering at this pocket square talk, but I have to say it works. And fo' sure I didn't I'd be posting about little pieces of fabric, but when 8's are stopping you cold and you got the idea from the forum, you gotta' report back in with your experiences and hypotheses.

1:31 of the video. Im leaving my house this instant to find something similar.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (03-08-2012 12:26 PM)46. Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2012 10:29 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Funny thing happened last week. I was going back to my office, rolling on a beige Kilgour Suit with crimson/red handmade silk pocket square busted out. Out of nowhere, this 28 year old Polish chick (dime a dozen in Chicago) stopped in front of me, looking shocked, mouth wide open, and says to me “ You look veeery niiice today.”

Now I'm not a bad looking dude and usually have suits on, but since I upgraded all my squares (Mad Men white cotton now for business only) I get more play. I really think the squares round off the suited look in a highly individualistic fashion, taking you from great-dressed-guy to Gentleman Stud, if that makes sense.

Actually, I think the squares trigger another psychological reaction.

I know younger guys are snickering at this pocket square talk, but I have to say it works. And fo' sure I didn't I'd be posting about little pieces of fabric, but when 8's are stopping you cold and you got the idea from the forum, you gotta' report back in with your experiences and hypotheses.

Nice work.

It is really good to see people having success and coming around to the things I have been writing about for years.

The G Manifesto is ahead of its time.

my university requires us to wear/go out in dress pants and blazers.
The blazer pockets are sewed shut and apparently not meant for pocket squares.

What can you do to get around this?
Is it as simple as popping out the stitching?

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (01-21-2013 08:42 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

my university requires us to wear/go out in dress pants and blazers.
The blazer pockets are sewed shut and apparently not meant for pocket squares.

What can you do to get around this?
Is it as simple as popping out the stitching?

All suits/blazers come with pockets sewn shut. Pop the stitching, don't be afraid [Image: whip.gif]

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

If I wear a pocket square with my blazer, I will always get comments from girls saying how much they like it and that it looks good. Without fail.

What's the best material for them? I've got a couple of silk ones which are pretty flimsy.

Cary Grant, Paul Newman, Robert Redford, timeless style icons.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I just got a silk one, but it was already folded into fourths with a pretty heavy crease, making it hard to fold and get the nice puffs I'm going for....how do I get rid of that?