rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Extremely direct openers

Extremely direct openers

I have found that these have been working on the college-aged girls in my town. I will approach an already-isolated girl and say:

"Hey, I think you're the cutest girl in this bar."

The five times I've tried this, the girls were instantly taken aback and dropped their guard immediately. They are typically putty in your hands at this point. Like I said, I'm approaching girls around the ages of 21-24, 7-8 in terms of attractiveness, and isolated.

I fucked my first Asian girl this weekend.

My guess for the efficacy of this technique is that truly hot girls in smaller towns don't really get told directly that they look good. Has anybody else been trying this in America?

Extremely direct openers

Im not in America but i would never use this line. I doubt this line would get many guys laid, you are only going to boost her ego using that line.

Extremely direct openers

I'm starting to find that going direct doesn't work as well even during day game unless you're good looking or dress very well (Australian FYI)

Extremely direct openers

I've found that going direct works better when showing low energy/enthusiasm. Running up to a girl and animatedly declaring "You're gorgeous and I gotta get to know you!" smacks of desperation and pubescent horniness. But throw out the same line nonchalantly while glancing around the room and it comes off as way more cool and confident: "You're gorgeous. I gotta get to know you." Can you picture the difference? If you don't take your directness seriously, neither will she. You're not awed by her beauty, just piqued enough that you approached and spoke your mind. That's the kind of directness girls respond to, I've found.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 04:43 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Im not in America but i would never use this line. I doubt this line would get many guys laid, you are only going to boost her ego using that line.

Actually I say this (or something similar) all the time and it works really well. I can't even count how many times I've said "You are the prettiest girl in here, what's your name?" and taken the girl home that same night, or fucked a few days later.

I approach with direct stuff like this about 95% of the time. The key is knowing how to follow it up.

To make the "compliment" approach work, you gotta be coming with major confidence. It's like a father telling his daughter "good job sweetie, you make daddy" proud.

If you see her as out of your league, your compliment will come off weak - she'll prolly say "awww thaaaaanks...." and turn her back to you.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 08:48 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

I'm starting to find that going direct doesn't work as well even during day game unless you're good looking or dress very well (Australian FYI)

You're not doing it right. Direct kills it.

Nothing wrong with saying something situational, or cracking a joke, but if the girl gets the sense you are using an excuse to hide your sexual desire, you look weak. Direct = balls.

Extremely direct openers

What works for one guy doesn't work for another. I'm finding that when I go direct during the day it's too obvious that I'm just trying to pick her up. Some girls light up when I go direct but the majority don't. With more experience I'm hoping I'll be able to detect patterns and start tailoring what kind of approach I use based on the individual girl.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 03:44 PM)P Dog Wrote:  

What works for one guy doesn't work for another. I'm finding that when I go direct during the day it's too obvious that I'm just trying to pick her up. Some girls light up when I go direct but the majority don't. With more experience I'm hoping I'll be able to detect patterns and start tailoring what kind of approach I use based on the individual girl.

You're right it's important to develop your own style. In fact, I'd say having your own style IS what women really look for.

My question to you is, what's wrong with a girl knowing you are trying to pick her up? Women are flattered when I show my interest.

I wonder if you actually have some discomfort or guilt about your own intention, and that carries over in your paralanguage.

I act like the girl should be happy I talked to her, and usually they are.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 03:26 PM)Iceinthewater Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2011 04:43 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Actually I say this (or something similar) all the time and it works really well. I can't even count how many times I've said "You are the prettiest girl in here, what's your name?" and taken the girl home that same night, or fucked a few days later.

I approach with direct stuff like this about 95% of the time. The key is knowing how to follow it up.

To make the "compliment" approach work, you gotta be coming with major confidence. It's like a father telling his daughter "good job sweetie, you make daddy" proud.

If you see her as out of your league, your compliment will come off weak - she'll prolly say "awww thaaaaanks...." and turn her back to you.

Yeah i see what you mean and i agree with you. I think it depends how you say it and how you follow up with it..sometimes im also very direct but lately i try to avoid it as much as i can.

Extremely direct openers

What does typical follow up convo look like?

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 03:41 AM)Batata Wrote:  

I have found that these have been working on the college-aged girls in my town. I will approach an already-isolated girl and say:

The five times I've tried this, the girls were instantly taken aback and dropped their guard immediately. They are typically putty in your hands at this point. Like I said, I'm approaching girls around the ages of 21-24, 7-8 in terms of attractiveness, and isolated.

In my experience/observation, this would never work on a girl that is conventionally attractive (i.e., "hot"). If you happen to find yourself an odd, but cute, hipster-like chick in the context of several girls that are--by any objective measure--more attractive, this may work. In my opinion it's risky, and I'd attribute your recent success to your look landing at the right-place-right-time (you're a white guy hitting on demure Asian girls, for instance) or a positive streak.

This isn't my style. Direct openers work sometimes, but indirect openers work a lot more consistently. You can always go direct later in the conversation.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 06:28 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2011 03:41 AM)Batata Wrote:  

In my experience/observation, this would never work on a girl that is conventionally attractive (i.e., "hot"). If you happen to find yourself an odd, but cute, hipster-like chick in the context of several girls that are--by any objective measure--more attractive, this may work. In my opinion it's risky, and I'd attribute your recent success to your look landing at the right-place-right-time (you're a white guy hitting on demure Asian girls, for instance) or a positive streak.

This isn't my style. Direct openers work sometimes, but indirect openers work a lot more consistently. You can always go direct later in the conversation.

You are basically on the money with this post. Conventional got girls are almost never isolated pre-approach. Weird hot girls are.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 05:45 PM)nmmoooreland20 Wrote:  

I segue into heavy-handed flirting, then touching, then making out. I go as far as I can until it's obvious she's not going to the next level.

"Cave man game."

It'd be pretty stupid to come in so direct, then back off and talk about something stupid and lame like your cat's eating habits when she's already mystified by your confidence.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 02:13 PM)Clown Wrote:  

I've found that going direct works better when showing low energy/enthusiasm. Running up to a girl and animatedly declaring "You're gorgeous and I gotta get to know you!" smacks of desperation and pubescent horniness. But throw out the same line nonchalantly while glancing around the room and it comes off as way more cool and confident: "You're gorgeous. I gotta get to know you." Can you picture the difference? If you don't take your directness seriously, neither will she. You're not awed by her beauty, just piqued enough that you approached and spoke your mind. That's the kind of directness girls respond to, I've found.

I mean, you still need energy. Just don't run up like a happy man-child in the way Sasha Daygame does because that will get you shot down faster in America than a guy running into a machine-gun ambush.

Extremely direct openers

I've been wanting to try uber direct game for a while now, but circumstantially haven't been able to go out. I hear mixed reviews about direct game, but it seems that he general opinion is the better looking you are the better your results are. I consider myself to be above average in both face and body, so i'm curious how this would go over if I tried it.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 06:28 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

In my experience/observation, this would never work on a girl that is conventionally attractive (i.e., "hot").

"this would never work" - in other words "I've never tried it."

BOTTOM LINE, IT DOES WORK. The OP said it works for him, I'm saying it works for me, and I've been cold-approaching since I was in high school (I'm 30 now). I also have my students do direct approaches and they are successful with this shit.

Doesn't matter if she's with other girls. When I say shit like this, the friends light up and are happy for her.

As far as the girl being isolated, it doesn't matter. I prefer to wait for a girl to be with her friends. That way I can win them over and get them on my side. If I approach when she's alone, there's a good chance she'll get dragged away (saved) by her jealous cockblocks.

Again, requires a warm energy and confidence. If you can't go direct when you see a beautiful woman, there's something missing in your game.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 08:39 PM)Iceinthewater Wrote:  

"this would never work" - in other words "I've never tried it."

BOTTOM LINE, IT DOES WORK. The OP said it works for him, I'm saying it works for me, and I've been cold-approaching since I was in high school (I'm 30 now). I also have my students do direct approaches and they are successful with this shit.

Here we go again.

[Image: attachment.jpg3897]   

Extremely direct openers

I'd say this: "I think you are the cutiest girl on this side of the bar" this implies that there are other girls cuter than her in the bar thus raising her insecurity levels, next will probably come the shit test ( that you gently shut down ) then you spit mad game

Extremely direct openers

'You're gorgeus!' with good body language

Extremely direct openers

lol ok dude point taken. all I'm saying is give it a shot or don't. this shit doesn't have to be complicated if the guy is doing something that works don't tell him it doesn't.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 05:45 PM)nmmoooreland20 Wrote:  

I immediately go into a screening mindset. It's like "ok you got my attention, now what." So I ask questions about her life, her personality, and talk about myself in a chill upbeat, self-effacing way.

Like I don't try to "hook" or impress the girl. I just assume she's into me and find out what she's like

SOMETIMES if I'm feeling really ballsy and just in that sexual focused state, I'll just caveman, like telling her how I wanna kiss her from her ankles to her neck and feel how soft and wet her lips are. That's some shit I'd do more in NYC or Vegas or Miami. Smaller towns/college towns not so much.

But I think most girls appreciate it when a guy is honest, as long as he's confident too.

Another thing to consider as to why this works so well for some guys - I usually dress well - I learned how to dress in a way that's subtle but stylish from girls I dated, and just living in NYC where everyone looks cooler than you lol

I'm also in good shape, but I wouldn't say I'm good looking. With a cool outfit, a good haircut and working out regularly I'd say I'm a 7, maybe 8 if the girl is into white guys.

Otherwise I can drop to a 5 after a week of beer and shitty food.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 08:56 PM)Sketness Wrote:  

I'd say this: "I think you are the cutiest girl on this side of the bar" this implies that there are other girls cuter than her in the bar thus raising her insecurity levels, next will probably come the shit test ( that you gently shut down ) then you spit mad game

have you tried this?

Extremely direct openers

my 2 cents:

I am gradually coming to the understanding that what is most important while opening and carrying on with convo is the right vibe and frame. Vibe communicates much more than the actual words, that come secondary to that. You can really open with anything and talk about anything, as long as you ooze confidence and control.

The words themselves don't bear much meaning...

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 09:52 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

my 2 cents:

I am gradually coming to the understanding that what is most important while opening and carrying on with convo is the right vibe and frame. Vibe communicates much more than the actual words, that come secondary to that. You can really open with anything and talk about anything, as long as you ooze confidence and control.

While I sorta agree with this, I think you're automatically elevating a woman's power over you by conceding that she's "the best" at anything (in this case, looking good). She's done nothing and she's already getting a massive gift--in the form of an ego boosting compliment--from you. This subcommunicates all sorts of stuff, but probably most importantly, that you don't see hot girls often enough not to care. The hotter the girl the louder her insecurity nags her. You need her to wonder what you think about her, at least for a while, not advertise it straight up.

As much as I know (from experience) that going direct can work--and that most of what matters is body language and delivery--I think that you're better off, 90 percent of the time, letting that very body language and delivery say that you think she's attractive. Mystery and intrigue are half the battle with these broads, you don't want to annihilate that before you even get started. All of this, of course, is early-2000s-style Game 101.

What I think is different is: that direct game works for a certain subset of men and, even for them, in a tiny subset of situations. I think that, generally speaking, you can't go wrong with some type of indirect game. You definitely can go wrong going direct. I'm more-than-willing to take risks, but going that direct just seems reckless. It's kamikaze-style game that might kill someone some of the time, but is going to unnecessarily cost you notches. You can certainly keep direct game in your quill, but you need to know that it's not going to be your go-to weapon.

Extremely direct openers

Quote: (12-19-2011 10:15 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2011 09:52 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

my 2 cents:

While I sorta agree with this, I think you're automatically elevating a woman's power over you by conceding that she's "the best" at anything (in this case, looking good). She's done nothing and she's already getting a massive gift--in the form of an ego boosting compliment--from you. This subcommunicates all sorts of stuff, but probably most importantly, that you don't see hot girls often enough not to care. The hotter the girl the louder her insecurity nags her. You need her to wonder what you think about her, at least for a while, not advertise it straight up.

As much as I know (from experience) that going direct can work--and that most of what matters is body language and delivery--I think that you're better off, 90 percent of the time, letting that very body language and delivery say that you think she's attractive. Mystery and intrigue are half the battle with these broads, you don't want to annihilate that before you even get started.

What's more direct game works for a certain subset of men and, even for them, in a tiny subset of situations. I think that, generally speaking, you can't go wrong with some type of indirect game. You definitely can go wrong going direct. I'm more-than-willing to take risks, but going that direct just seems reckless. It's kamikaze-style game that might kill someone most of the time, but is going to unnecessarily cost you notches.

The intrigue/mystery thing is super important. That's why I drop the compliments after the opener and go into screening - it's like "I might fuck you IF..."

One of the reasons I prefer direct is that it saves time. I get a yes or a no right away.

I've opened indirect and had a great 30 minute flirt-fest, only to have the girl say "I cant give you my #/leave with you - I'm going home to my bf"

Another thing guys don't think about is all the reasons why she can't fuck that have nothing to do with you - maybe she's having a herpes flare-up, maybe its her period, maybe she is angry at men right now.

I don't mean to get on a soap box about this - I've never said indirect is BAD. I take issue with the guys who immediately dismissed Batata's success with direct, when I can back up what his saying from my own experience.

One last thing - if approaching women makes you nervous, it's REALLY HARD to think of situational shit. A way to get over that nervousness is to get comfortable telling girls they are cute/pretty/sexy right away.

Then you will find yourself coming up with witty fun shit on the fly because you are RELAXED around women.