rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Watching Seinfeld Before Going Out

I would like to thank Roosh for his tip of watching a couple of hilarious episodes of Seinfeld before hitting up the town as its pure gold. Watched some Jerry and the gang last night before going to a party where I didn't know too many people (a situation that I usually have a bit of trouble with as a natural introvert) and I never ran out of stupid yet playful and funny topics the whole night.

Do many other guys do this? What are some of your favourite episodes or bits that you like to watch or even have used in game?

Episode I watched yesterday had George ask Jerry if he was flying over the Andes and the plane crashed, who would he eat first to survive. Might try this one next time I'm at a bar with a girl or something

Quote: (12-18-2011 06:18 PM)Nudge Wrote:  

I would like to thank Roosh for his tip of watching a couple of hilarious episodes of Seinfeld before hitting up the town as its pure gold. Watched some Jerry and the gang last night before going to a party where I didn't know too many people (a situation that I usually have a bit of trouble with as a natural introvert) and I never ran out of stupid yet playful and funny topics the whole night.

Do many other guys do this? What are some of your favourite episodes or bits that you like to watch or even have used in game?

Episode I watched yesterday had George ask Jerry if he was flying over the Andes and the plane crashed, who would he eat first to survive. Might try this one next time I'm at a bar with a girl or something

That would be an awesome routine if it's you, her and a fat cockblock. You could have the fat vs protein discussion all over again!

I have every Seinfeld episode on my hard drive. Just go in sequence for the whole season. If you only watch before going out, you'll have enough viewing for a year without repeats. It was very common for me to use material from an episode in approaches later that night.

Another good show to watch before going out is Californication. I tried Mad Men and Louie but no dice. They're good shows, but didn't create the vibe I wanted like Seinfeld and Californication does.

I'm testing out Curb Your Enthusiasm now. Any other recommendations?

Quote:Quote:

hitting up the town as its pure gold

Gold, Jerry, gold.

Seinfeld is a great idea. I'm going to get it now.

Watching the Sopranos gets me pumped.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Californication is a severely underrated show.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

Quote: (12-18-2011 10:30 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I have every Seinfeld episode on my hard drive. Just go in sequence for the whole season. If you only watch before going out, you'll have enough viewing for a year without repeats. It was very common for me to use material from an episode in approaches later that night.

Another good show to watch before going out is Californication. I tried Mad Men and Louie but no dice. They're good shows, but didn't create the vibe I wanted like Seinfeld and Californication does.

Quote:Quote:

hitting up the town as its pure gold

Gold, Jerry, gold.

If I'm going to, say, a classy work event or an upscale bar for a private night, I can swing a vibe from Mad Men. Other than that, Seinfeld it is.

I tend to only watch funny shows so when I say something/ do something it usually turns out to be funny because that's how my mood is most of the time.

"It's always sunny in Philadelphia" - Slapstick humor, pretty damn good.

"The Office" - Hipster Humor

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I wouldn't really recommend this before going out, but god dammit everyone needs to watch Trailer Park Boys. Possibly the funniest show ever made.

Quote: (12-18-2011 10:30 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Yeah definetly gonna have to give californication a try before heading out. I love that show. Curb to me is just to infuriating to watch, I can't take it.

Eastbound and Down, suckas!

With Kenny and Stevie you can't go wrong.

Quote: (12-19-2011 03:58 AM)Only One Man Wrote:  

I wouldn't really recommend this before going out, but god dammit everyone needs to watch Trailer Park Boys. Possibly the funniest show ever made.

Agreed, awesome show.

2:46 - 'Do you own space? No, Naysa does!' [Image: banana.gif]

Parks and Recreation is like a less painful-to-watch The Office (and of course the Office hasn't been good since my 2nd year of university), Community is like a less-inclusive Arrested Development (and it's still pretty fucking inclusive, probably why no one watches it, though Alison Brie's tits are worth it alone). Bored to Death is interesting because the lead character is a painful beta 80% of the time and a hard-as-fuck Alpha 20% of the time.

Seinfeld, Californication, early Weeds, Frasier, the shows I listed, maybe a little South Park (not a preach-heavy episode, something lighter), classic Simpsons, Fresh Prince, How I Met Your Mother is good when Ted (uber-beta) doesn't have too much time and Barney isn't too cartoony, It's Always Sunny, King of the Hill...stay away from Modern Family, The Big Beta Theory and New Girl though, that shit will make your penis soft.

Seinfeld is great. Got every episode on DVD. I think I'll try this!

Great opener:

"You might not be able to tell by just looking at me, but I can run really, really fast!"

Another tactic is to have a folder of bookmarks in your Internet browser of "hype clips." For me, it's full of funny shit or dudes doing fearless, manly stuff that remind me of what my duties are out there. I also have some clutch sports clips that get me fired up.

This one, for instance, that you may remember from one of the other threads, made it into that collection:

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Those cobras have to be defanged. No fucking way.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

none of them tried to bite him once..strange. thought they would strike

Quote: (12-19-2011 06:26 PM)PDX Wrote:  

Great opener:

"You might not be able to tell by just looking at me, but I can run really, really fast!"

Hahaha I remember this line. Always wanted to use it.

Quote: (12-19-2011 06:42 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Another tactic is to have a folder of bookmarks in your Internet browser of "hype clips." For me, it's full of funny shit or dudes doing fearless, manly stuff that remind me of what my duties are out there. I also have some clutch sports clips that get me fired up.

This one, for instance, that you may remember from one of the other threads, made it into that collection:

Great idea I just posted a hype clips thread for more of this: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9022.html

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

This is a great way to get into the right state of mind. I'm surprised we haven't discussed this before. Well, we have a thread called "Songs you listen to before you go out" but I'm glad to see we now have this.

Art inspires.

I like this...

My favorite quotes are at 1 minute..."Your psychotic when your a good pimp. And it projects man. I mean, what lowly little whore can resist god for christsake"

And at 1:27..."You got to be spectacular and transcendental"

I know, this is crazy shit, but for some reason it motivates me.

Lol, Roosh, I'm curious how your night went after watching Louie. That show is absolutely the most creative comedy i've seen in a while, simply because it blends tragedy and despair so well. After90% of those episode the last thing i feel is social because so many of them are so sad.

As for the cool, social, "hype" shows - The League is excellent, especially if you're into more offensive humor. One guy on the show describes himself as looking like a nazi caricature of a jew.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is the best going out show. It's improvised comedy so it always gets my mind primed for funny, off-the-cuff dialog. Plus there's 8 seasons of it.

Arrested Development

How about Deadwood?

Or a little bit of Entourage, particularly the dialogues/monologues of Ari Gold.

I watch a george clooney interview or two before going out. He's always making jokes, and he maintains perfect high value body language