rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No luck with PoF

No luck with PoF

Hey guys, I had a fairly simple question regarding PoF/online dating. Well two questions really. Question 1: I've had very little luck on the site, and from what I've read from other people here makes it sound like they can get a girl to go out with from it every so often. Well I've sent out messages to over 50 different girls, I've gotten somewhere around 10 replies back, around 5 that went on for more than one message, and around 3 that seemed pretty interested. My issue is that before I can ask for the number, a few messages in, I just get cut off and stop hearing from them anymore. They just don't reply to whatever message I sent them last. So my question is: How is everyone's experience with this? Is this just normal for people to just stop replying after seeming interested? Out of 50+ messages I've gotten 1 number so far.

I should note that I'm a decent-good looking guy and send messages with eye catching subjects, and decently witty/funny messages that follow up with a question to get them more inclined to respond. Also I feel I have a pretty good/funny profile. I only say this because I'm pretty certain my profile and messages aren't the issue compared to all the boring guys on that site.

Question 2: There's 2-3 girls that seemed pretty interested, and even clicked the "meet me" button, but just stopped replying a few messages in. What would a good "restart" message to send to someone who never responded to your last message/didn't answer your last question? I understand this better for texting, but not so much for someone you haven't yet met and gotten a number from online.

Was just curious if anyone had any advice or experience with this. Slightly considering just giving the whole online thing up as it doesn't seem to yeild much, unless I'm doing something wrong.

No luck with PoF

Women are attention whores. Online, most of them just want to be validated.

Online dating is not to be invested in seriously, unless you are clearly a high-value man who is willing to put in more-than-reasonable time/effort to fuck pigs and dogs. G-mac seems to have this shit figured out, but he's put years into it.

No luck with PoF

You have to work at it. Test, adjust, and test again. Tweak your pictures, your profile, and the messages you send until you find a method that works for you. Don't get discouraged, there are a lot of guys that have had success on POF, myself included.

No luck with PoF

This site seems to be the main form of dating for males in my city, young and old.
I put a cheesy pic up on the site recently and the girls (women) that responded made me feel like committing suicide. There seems to be alot of single mothers with standards all off a sudden.
From what I understand you have to put up several pics that show you are a "cool" guy etc.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

No luck with PoF

That's a huge response rate.

If you ask for a phone number and they vanish, that's because of two reasons:

1. They are married or in a committed relationship.
2. They are attention whores.

Work the system:

http://theprivateman.wordpress.com/2011/...rt-primer/

Remember this mantra should they stop communicating: BLOCK AND MOVE ON.

No luck with PoF

Thanks for the advice everyone. All good points. I'll just keep working at it and keep in mind it's more of a side thing.

I've avoided Okcupid because I have an ex on there, and there's some other people I know. Is there a way to block someone on that site, and if so does it make you completely invisible to them so you won't even show up in searches? Or can they still see that you have a profile in some form?