rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

G's We Can All Learn Game From: Carlos Monzón

One thing I have noticed is many of the young up-and-comers in The Game, don't know their "G History".

So in an effort to solve that problem, I just did a post on an International Playboy that we can all learn from.

Monzon is arguably the greatest middleweight boxer who ever lived.

He smoked 100 cigarettes per day.

Always dressed sharp as a switchblade.

And he swooped mad amounts of Argentine and Italian Models and actresses.

I break it down further here:

Carlos Monzón: Chain Smoker, Boxing Champion, and International Playboy

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/10/car...ayboy.html

Having a violent occupation helps the cause.

Great fucking article G....Monzon is one of my heroes.Fast and flashy outside the ring,cool and methodical inside it..just like it should be.Loved his boxing style...Constant Jab for the full 15 rounds followed by hard crosses and hooks.Never got tired like you said.As old school as they get.

Loved his quote when asked about a young Camacho in the early 80's.. "he is as I was: I never asked the name of my opponent"

Stopped our very good Aussie Middleweight Tony Mundine in 8 in one of his Buenos Aires title defences.

Quote: (10-25-2011 04:18 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

One thing I have noticed is many of the young up-and-comers in The Game, don't know their "G History".

So in an effort to solve that problem, I just did a post on an International Playboy that we can all learn from.

Very interesting, G.

Quote: (10-25-2011 06:07 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Very interesting, G.

Yeah.

It is funny how guys will read 100's of pages written by some guy with fuzzy tophats and black eyeliner and you ask them about Carlos Monzon and they say:

"Who?"

I am glad I grew up when I did and learned about real G's.

I should have mentioned he grew up in the slums as well.

And did I mention he smoked 100 cigarettes per day?

G, I wonder if sleeping with models helped his boxing game. I have a theory that men who are good with women tend to be good at everything else they do (making money, winning athletic competitions, swooping more girls). A reinforcing trifecta of sorts.

A story you might not have heard of: he once went vacationing with his then lover, Susana Gimenez, Alain Delon, and Alain Delon's wife (I think it was Mireille Darc at that time). When he came back here in Buenos Aires, lots of journalist were waiting for him at the airport, as always. Completely drunk, he told them, showing his crotch: "Esta pija, saben quien me la acaba de chupar? Alain Delon" ("You know who just sucked this dick? Alain Delon!").

Wow...that takes you back to a time when fighters were revered. I'm also a Hagler guy. I admired his pure fury, and how he persevered despite all obstacles. He fought through being ducked so much early in his career (being a southpaw, and being so good, great fighters mostly avoided him). Then finally getting a title shot against Vito Antuofermo, shredding his face, only to have it called a draw (he vowed not to marry Bertha until he was champion, but did after that fight because he knew he won, and FELT like the champion). I loved his focus, in that when he was training for a fight, he moved out of the comfort of his home, away from his family and rented a basement room somewhere, sleeping on a cot, to get himself in the right mindset for battle. He put up a picture of his opponent, and told it, "You're reason I have to live this way, away from my family. I'm going to make you suffer for it." I even admired the way he left boxing. After the Leonard debacle, he was so sick of the fight game and how it had treated him throughout his career, he simply left the country for Italy, and didn't look back. His pride was too great to be coaxed back for what could have been more lucrative fights. He was one of the few that ever walked away when he still had something left.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

My dad and uncles used to talk about this guy alot.

Quote: (10-26-2011 01:20 AM)Arcais Wrote:  

I have a theory that men who are good with women tend to be good at everything else they do (making money, winning athletic competitions, swooping more girls). A reinforcing trifecta of sorts.

Its not just your theory. Scientists are aware of this also. Banging lots of women seems to increase the creativity of men. This was observed in Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, and Mozart, among others. It makes sense doesn't it? When we are getting alot of pussy, we sometimes become more reflective and awestruck with the world. Music sounds better, food tastes better. Its like sex frees our mind to explore the mysteries of life.

"My dad and uncles used to talk about this guy alot. "

That is probably one reason why your Game is strong.

If you want a future in this Game, you have to know your history.

It is funny how guys will read 100's of pages written by some guy with fuzzy tophats and black eyeliner and you ask them about Carlos Monzon and they say:

"Who?"

Answer - I think most of those kids think they cant BECOME a World Middle Weight Boxing Champ! Takes serious work.. While the 'Tricks' seem easier to learn.

Better Answer and agreement with some aspect of what you are pointing out
- Working on your FOUNDATIONS (Physical, Mental, Emotional etc) v/s trying to find some short cut tricks or the advertised Miracle Pill.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Quote: (10-26-2011 01:51 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I have a theory that men who are good with women tend to be good at everything else they do (making money, winning athletic competitions, swooping more girls). A reinforcing trifecta of sorts.

Its not just your theory. Scientists are aware of this also. Banging lots of women seems to increase the creativity of men. This was observed in Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, and Mozart, among others. It makes sense doesn't it? When we are getting alot of pussy, we sometimes become more reflective and awestruck with the world. Music sounds better, food tastes better. Its like sex frees our mind to explore the mysteries of life.

It does seem like each facet plays into the other. I know for me, when I am training a lot I work a lot better, am more creative, am way more confident and swoop more girls. I think they all kind of snowball into each other.

Dude ended up killing his wife.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (01-25-2012 05:59 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Dude ended up killing his wife.

I would say that "alpha" is a temporary state not a permanent one. Things can change very quickly if we're not careful.

Quote: (01-25-2012 05:46 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (10-26-2011 01:51 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

It does seem like each facet plays into the other. I know for me, when I am training a lot I work a lot better, am more creative, am way more confident and swoop more girls. I think they all kind of snowball into each other.

Makes sense doesn't it? Its all connected..

Great fighter. Grew up watching classic boxing with my dad, but all Monzons fights were before my time. Didn't know about his crazy lifestyle though.