rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Chengdu, China

'There is no god but Game, and Roissy, Roosh and Mystery it's prophets.'

Gentlemen,

First post, long time reader. Long story short, like a fool chasing a pipe dream I ended in the 'Worker's Paradise'. By a dream I meant Hot Asian Pussy, and Chengdu is the promised land, Im here to tell you... Hot chicks abound.
Still feel like a fool because I left behind a woman who was the strongerst contender for the prize. Ah, life.

Anyway, Im lving in Western China, in a city near Chengdu. Been here 2 months. teaching ESL. My Mandarin is primitive, but Im getting the jist of some of it. Not much to do where I live, but I have a mate living there and I make trips up to Chengdu often enough that I have come to learn the city pretty well. And its a hell of a town gentlemen.

The city:
think NYC, its massive. 14 million people or so live there. The downtown core (inside the first ring circle) and its inmediate surrounds is where the action is at. The rest is forgettable and crowded. Think a combination of Mexico City and NYC, crazy traffic, pleasant weather without harsh winters, friendly folk who looove to drink, and all the great things that come with city living. Also, very clean for a city this size.

The city is expensive for locals, but if you are bringing dolla it will go a long way.

Transport is cheap (buses are 2 kuai) and taxis start at 5 kuai, but TAXIS ARE A NIGHTMARE. Half of the cabbies dont know the city, the local joke is that they are all from the next town over. So beware, make sure you have clear instructions of how to get anywhere, or you are gonnna have to take 3 cabs to go to one place, as it happened to yours trully once.
There is a subway, but its only 1 line and stops running early.

Culture:Visit at least Wenshu Temple and surrounds. Magnificent, and they have a terrific vegetarian restaurant inside (closed for renos as of August, but keep it in mind).
By far my favorite temple in China, maybe second to Emei Shan.
Also Wuhou, if you are into grand tombs. Green ram temple inf you are into taoism.
The people's park is a neat window to see how the chinese like to spend their spare time. Hint: gambling.

Nearby there is Emei mountain (Emei Shan), about a 2 hour drive. Visit. one of the most stunning places Ive ever seen Its spectacular. Give it two days at least, a lot of hikking, its masive, and the scenery incredible. Also, monkeys!
You can stay in one of the monasteries, rates are $10 dollars a night. Or climb down to the town, go to the hot spring, and thank me.

Food:
Fan-fucking-tastic
. Fuck Barcelona and its sanitized touristy image (no offence to The G manifesto). This is where its at. The next hot gastronomy city, as vouched by UNESCO.Very old traditions, interesting stuff done here, and people take food very seriously.
Hope you like spicy food, and are an adventurous eater, ottherwise you are SOL. Its KFC and McD's for you.... Also keep in mind that hygene is not exactly on the People's priorities, apparently.
A cheap meal can be had for 1-2 dollars, a very, very decent meal for 2 can run you 10 bucks, a fancy dinner can be up to 300dollars. Its got it all for all ranges.
Also, chicks here LOOVE to eat. Seriously. Hedonism is well welcome here.

Stay:
The first time I rented an appartment near the shopping street (chunxi) in downtown for 1,000RMB a week, wich worked out to be less than 200US. Elong is your friend if you want to find a short term rental.

Hostels like Loft and Sim's Cozy Guesthouse will give you similar rates for private rooms for a week, so consider your options. Hostels do help sort out logistics like transport and hunting backpackers if thats your thing.

The dames:
Ah, Chengdu girls. Famous all over China for their beauty. No kidding, they are hot. the average is Id say a 6. Go to a nightclub and its 8's-10's there to DRINK. Damn these chicks can party. But overall fine features, slim bodies, long legs. No big T & A, but hey, still fiiine. You might get lucky, though, tits being more abundant than ass.
Also, NO FAT CHICKS. A chunker here and there, but NO FAT CHICKS. Great to see shaming still works somewhere.

The girls have pertty pleasant attitudes, and bitch shields are not always 'on'. Dont expect submissive daintly girls; these girls drink, smoke and fight. Yet they are femmenine and sweet. An interesting contrast.

The younger generation (and thankfully sluttier) seem to be pretty open to foreigners, but you will notice an unfortunate correlation between english language ability and their hotness. Homey girls, say7's, will more likely speak more english than 'hellowhowareyounicetomeetyou'. But for the 8.5's and up you are gonna have to do a lot of machine aided gaming (iphone and such) or learn mandarin.
Still, to my delight, GAME IS UNIVERSAL. Most of you cats know this, but this was a revelation for me. Its all here too: peacocking, negging, AMOG, etc etc.You know the drill. No need to go hard on the peacocking since you are a foreinger, but avoid the 'dirty backpacker' vibe and you'll be fine.

I cant say I have cracked the code, cant claim my flag yet. But there has been plenty of interest, a few makeouts here and there, and Im running MLD texting with those with better english. Pipelinning for when I go back on the weekends.
Text game will be extremely useful, since they can usually write and read english better than speak it.

Kino is crucial, I get a good response from it, but kep in mind that PDA's are rare. Im a big believer in body language when they cant speak english. Caveman game seems to work well after hours; street game is hit and miss, but most are shy and unsure of their english. Smoother game needs fluency in the language (yours or hers), cant really avoid that.
I bet magic tricks wold go over well, if only as filler.

All of that said, you can be pleasantly surprised when you find those who can speak 'the english' and are hot. Harder to game, but what a treat.

Nightlife:
Stellar. A bit repetitive once you know the dril, but world class. Banging beats, HOT HOT HOT chicks, gorgeous settings. Seriously better than some of the places Ive been to in Toronto, NYC or LA.
The locals love to party, and they know how to do good setups. Tiny dancefloors, all bottle service, but only mostly the chicks dance. Also entertainment through the night with singers, dancers, etc.

The party starts early (8-9ish) and goes to fairly late if there are patrons still there (say 4ish). After hours clubs? there are, but a bit sketchier than the nicer places, Those are open till ?? I havent closed a place yet.

Fancy clubs are expensive, a bottle of Remy will run you ~100USD, but it comes with iced tea to water it down and down it as shots.
Cheaper clubs like Zero Zero,will be mostly about the beer, and you can find a good deal of 9 beers for 100RMB. Bottle service is also available at those.
There is no need to finish the bottle you buy, there is a system where they store it for you untill you come back, but Im not quite sure how it works.

You will be offered booze like you are a returning hero. That classic game of 'lets get the white guy drunk' seems a national obsession. Dont worry much about the booze, buy a beer (or a cocktail, if you can...) and mingle around. Still, keep in mind that its considered a faux pas to leapfrog from table to table, so find an advantageous position. Reciprocicate. And, of course, dont overwelcome your stay.
Some places will give cheap or free booze to foreigners, because it increases their 'cool'. What do I care, Im getting liquored up for free!.

Where to clubs:
Fancy: CC, 1588, Babi (either location), SoSo, Muse. Most fancy places congregate on the same street. No cover, so if you dont like the vibe, just walk over to the next one. Most of them play house music, some hip hop.
Most of these have a devout clientele, so chances are you can run into the same people.
Cheaper: Zero Zero. Divish, a lot of army type dudes ( I think they get a discount) but really banging beats (house moslty) and cute chicks late at night once the KTV girls get off work. This is one of the after hours I know.

Dames and nightlife (AKA 'swoop potential'):
Most go out with groups of friends, lone girls either work for the bar (they drink with the VIP's) or are working girls. Most mixed and girl groups will be friendly and welcoming. Do your usual. Girls here are not hard to approach, but they will be hard to kiss close and extract.
SNL are not unheard of, but I cant say Ive pulled it off. For what I witnessed of my associate at work, its entirely possible. You just need cash or fluency in the language (as he has). Its frustrating, there is only so much body language can do against ASD. But I hear using food as bait works...

Anyway, hope this is useful. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Fantastic report....

Chengdu...hmm, learn something new on the board everyday...

what the girls dress like when out?

Shenzhen quality is way better than Hong Kong. Processed food screws up bodies. Better than Beijing too. English is the downside.

You see decent bust sizes just walking around. And you can easily train a chick to improve her ass with kettleball swings. You'll thank yourself.

Haven't been to Chengdu, so can't compare. Opinions welcome.

If I come back to Asia to teach im thinking about doing China.

Shenzhen seems like a good bet.

Quote: (10-24-2011 09:25 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

what the girls dress like when out?

Most of them, to the 9's. High heels, makeup, the works. Perhaps not as fashionable as J-girls, but still smokin'. You might spot also the more naive girls with fairly conservative outfits (or really outlandish/motherly).

No Uggs, thanfully, or muffintops.

Furtitudinal,

Can you bust out a detailed data sheet on teaching ESL in China?

Sorta like this http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5922.h...t=teaching

Furtitudinal,

Sure, I'll work on it. Pretty much if you have a college degree, most schools will take you in. I have a contact in a nursing school if you are interested. . .

MGM club still open there?

mei gao mei is how you say it in chinese

it was solid but that was 6 years ago

Quote: (10-24-2011 09:46 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Furtitudinal,

Sorta like this http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5922.h...t=teaching

you didn't ask me but i'll throw in my two cents.

need a bachelors degree, they want the diploma not the transcripts

pay varies on hours, location, experience and many things but bascially it's $1,200 -$2,700.

as a general rule you'll make $20 an hour. you stay longer get contacts and weed out the middle man you can bump that to $25-30/hr...again depends on the city. Inflation is getting out of control so my numbers could be off.

best pay is usually at Kindergarden's.

public schools at all levels have the lowest pay and less hours but you can supplement your income teaching at other places at night. 15 hours or less a week.

private language institutes, you will teach at other public schools and in-house classes and potentially at companies as well. avaerage 20-25 hours of teaching a week. Probably working weekends.

not as strict and anal as Korea, but still a dog and poney show. Most places you don't have office time so you can leave between classes.

year long contract get your airfare covered.

med checks are usually done in china

they used to have you show up with a tourist visa and then switch them to a work visa but that could have change.

they find the housing for you, sometimes you pay sometimes they pay.

if you stay on campus you might not be able to get girls to your room.

China is somewhere I'm considering for TEFL.

Quote: (10-24-2011 01:30 PM)KingofScotland Wrote:  

China is somewhere I'm considering for TEFL.

any questions feel free to ask, i lived in eastern china 04-09 and did TEFL full time or part-time most of the time i was there.

Great report into new territory. I've never heard of this city before.

Can you post representative photos of the types of girls we'd find there?

Chengdu is the arguably the gastronomic center of China and home of Sichuan cuisine - incredible food. I would go just to eat. Add hot women to that........what an amazing prospect.

Good stuff redneck.

On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to get a ONS or smash after only 2 dates?

Also is China like Korea in that girls do not really give off any pre approach IOI's?

Also what is the best city in China for a guy to go and live/teach all things considered? (nightlife, women, pay, transportation, cleanliness ect)

Quote: (10-24-2011 08:12 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Good stuff redneck.

On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to get a ONS or smash after only 2 dates?

Also is China like Korea in that girls do not really give off any pre approach IOI's?

Also what is the best city in China for a guy to go and live/teach all things considered? (nightlife, women, pay, transportation, cleanliness ect)

like Korea with IOI's

cleanliness??? good one

nightlife best in Shanghai and Beijing. (never been to Shenzhen or Guangdong but i imagine they have good nightlife-they speak Cantonese there not Mandarin)

For 2 tier cities you can get laid but ONS is not common.

best city for work...depends how big of a place, climate and dozens of other things. Most job opps (teaching or otherwise) in Shang and Bei but easy to land a teaching job anywhere.

tier 2 places to consider: Suzhou, Ningbo, Hangzhou (all near Shanghai)
Dalian (north), Chengdu (west), Kunming (SW), Qingdao (east)
maybe Tianjin (near Beijing) and Chongqing (west/central)

remember China is the basis for SEA, Japanese, and Korean culture so if you hate Korea you might not like China(they have many similarities). From people i know who lived in both they preferred China.

ONS scale or w/in 2 dates i'd guess a 3.

I HEAR Shanghai is best for ONS but i was always there with a gf or chick lined up so i'm not the best person to ask. But from what i saw, the chicks throwing themselves at foreigners were of low quality and i would rather touch myself.

But i have to return to Shang to get the low down on that.

i should add that the 2 date smash is heavily dependent on the amount of time invested on MSN messenger or texting before and btwn dates. Meet them, online chat/text, then smash when they open up. but that could be a month (but technically 2 dates), i think the same will aply in Korea.

building comfort takes longer than in latin america or usa. SMS and MSN were KEY to my success.

The pay is rising in China for the esl market. Might even over take Korea in the near future.

I need to go to China and compare the girls behaviors with foreigners, and the nightlife. And see how diff it is with Korea.

Quote: (10-24-2011 12:40 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

MGM club still open there?

mei gao mei is how you say it in chinese

it was solid but that was 6 years ago

MGM is gone. Clubs here seem to have a fairly short life cycle.

@Dash Global
redneckpunk has the scoop, beat me to the punch.
Its easy to find a job, and they will sort out the visa paperwork for you.

Pay is better in private chools, but chances are they will hire someone with experience over a noob. Still happens, Ive had many offers.

I am working in a public school, the pay is not that great, but I teach 20 hours a aweek tops, the rest I spend wandering around, approaching, trying to learn the local lingo. And learning game, of course.

My associate teaches kids and kidnergardens, and makes very decent scratch.

Cost of life here is CHEAP, and your money goes a long ,long way. Compared to the locals, you are making a very decent living. Itd be the equivalent of making 60-120K in a small town in the States.
Mind you, large cities in the Eastern side tend to be more expensive (Beijing, Shanghai), so your CPN/QOL might vary.

Cons of the Eastern cities:
Weather. Boiling hot in the summer, freezing in the winter. Beijing is notorious for this, as are Nanjing, Shanghai.
Crowded. they seem a lot more crowded than Chengdu.
You wont be a curiosity as much as you are further west.
Shanghai is not as friendly, people seemed very standoffish.

Also, as I mentioned, cleanliness is not on the priorities list around here. You will get sick, guaranteed.

@ Roosh
Sir, the minute I figure out how to use this machine (OS is in chinese), I'll post pictures. I can only offer my word that there are seriously smoking dames here.
Mind you, photos in nighclubs are forbidden. Didnt really stop me though.

If anyone knows of a place that hosts images that is available in China Id be glad to upload some pics. I have some video of a dirty dirty girl in Nanjing too.

Furtitudinal,

Can you break down your opinion on the female situation a bit more?

How they respond to westerners, any IOI's they give out, best method for gaming them, time and difficulty to get the fuck close.

Quote: (10-24-2011 09:09 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

i should add that the 2 date smash is heavily dependent on the amount of time invested on MSN messenger or texting before and btwn dates. Meet them, online chat/text, then smash when they open up. but that could be a month (but technically 2 dates), i think the same will aply in Korea.

building comfort takes longer than in latin america or usa. SMS and MSN were KEY to my success.

Quote: (10-24-2011 09:36 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Furtitudinal,

Can you break down your opinion on the female situation a bit more?

How they respond to westerners, any IOI's they give out, best method for gaming them, time and difficulty to get the fuck close.

Like I said, the younger generation seems more open to foreigners, but most still are skittish, maybe they think westerners are more 'rapey'?. Dont scare the cat.

IOS's same as everywhere, but subtle. Hair flips, eye contact. More forward chicks will actually come on to you (thought not as hot).

Best methods? I bet redneckpunk has better advice, I havent claimed my flag yet. MSN/QQ/SMS seems to be working to line them up.

Time to boning? dont know yet.

Guys will try to cockblock you, as everywhere. Lesbians can be fun, approach them as any other bro and they even might introduce you to their friends.

Nice report, thanks. I've always wanted to go to Sichuan.

I've been to ChengDu before. Would say physically girls there are very similar to girls in Chongqing, another city a few hundred KMs away. Attractive or not? That's largely up to your preference. I found them very cute, and some of them are hot.

ONS in China is not that common, although you can pull it off if you meet her online and done your homework there. Then it's easier. Mandarin skill can help tremendously. A good looking guy , with game but no Mandarin will find it much more difficult than guys not as good looking but with some Mandarin, and decent game. Reason is simple : NOT many CHinese speak English or understand it well.

Chinese girls tend to be more open minded than before. Last year I met a girl at a friend's party, got my flag the 3rd time we met each other. 5'7'', slim, wonderful legs and really sweet. Last Saturday night, I went to a friend's house party. It was the birthday of a real cutie. We immediately hit off. Actually she pretty much thew herself at me , even an idiot would see that clearly, lol. We were making out out of the KTV room while everybody was drinking and singing there. Funny thing is that she didn't want her friends to see us making out. Got to the second base but haven't got the flag. Only have a few days left in China. Schedule is busy, I'll see what more I can do. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Actually she is cute, too bad I'm leaving soon.

Quote: (10-24-2011 09:36 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Guys will try to cockblock you, as everywhere.

Not from my experience. Everytime I go to a bar, I see that people normally sit around tables in groups : guys and girls. All you need to do is bring your drink, walk up to them, say cheers and drink with them. People think of it as a very friendly gesture and they love to invite you to join them, every single time in my experience. Guys will introduce you to everyone, including girls in their group. Of course you need to make sure that you don't hit on a girl whose boyfriend is also there. The best way , for me, I just casually ask, to avoid it.

In my experience, I often got invited to go to the next club with them, or go to a restaurant to eat after the party is over. Not once I felt that guys trying to cockblock me, on the contrary they'd tell me which girl is available, and even suggested me to go after her, lol. [Image: biggrin.gif]

All this requires language skills, that's the single most important factor to help you blend in and make people feel comfortable with you, guys and girls.

Sounds quite good and more fun than Korea, I like the idea of just working a 20hr week. What could I expect to get paid for that? Apartment included?

I've a degree, native English speaker and soon have a 20hr TEFL course. What's the procedure for getting a job there, for South Korea seems a long, drawn out, process that requires FBI checks, medicals and all this other stuff, similar for China?