rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Data Sheet

[Image: Untitled-62-980x613.jpg]

Overview :

Gentlemen, here is a data sheet based on several weeks I spent in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, a major international destination with over six million people. I am not Brazilian and speak limited Portuguese. My game is beginner/intermediate and direct, and I am by no means a veteran. Keep this in mind for the data sheet. One thing is that I did a lot of touristy stuff (Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf Mountain, hiking, exploring beaches), so I wasn't focused on game all the time. That being said, I went out a lot and saw a large amount of the city, so here's what I found out based on this.

Lodging/Logistics :

I recommend staying in Zona Sul (meaning South Zone), either in Leblon/Ipanema if you can afford it, or Copacabana if you cannot. Many choose to stay in Lapa where much of the nightlife is but it's a terrible place during the day and far from the beach, requiring you to Uber or take the metro to go anywhere. The neighborhood is very dirty and grimy, but happens to have a bunch of night clubs, so only go there at night.

Copacabana is dirtier/less safe than Leblon/Ipanema, but central and has a good number of bars, nightclubs and is close to the beach. There are a good number of pickpockets operating in this neighborhood, so be alert and keep your eyes open.

Ipanema/Leblon are cleaner, Leblon is probably safer and they are near to the beach and also have some happening nightlife. These areas are more upscale than the others and you will find expensive restaurants, wine bars, exclusive clubs and multiple stunners. They are both much cleaner and safer than Copacabana, which results in a higher cost. I think it's definitely worth it.

AirBnb is very popular in the city and there are a large number of listings. However, be aware of the guest policy at many places, and if you have your own apartment or if the host/someone else lives there. I saw many listings that explicitly said no guests, even if you had your own room or apartment. Additionally I saw several listings where it says the host doesn't live there, but their parents or someone else does (probably due to multiple generations staying in the same home). Read the reviews/comments for the places and the rules carefully. What I did was book a room for two people just to be safe, that way you have the right to bring an additional person (since you paid for it, if they deny you then you can dispute on Airbnb and get a refund).

Most places have doormen, but I never had a problem with these guys. IME, once they know you are staying in the building, any guests you bring back with yourself will be assumed to be alright, no questions asked.

Finally, no matter which neighborhood you stay in, odds are you are going to have to travel quite a bit, especially if you are going out at night a lot. I've heard the metro is safe and fairly cheap, though I've never used it. Buses are good and cost only a few reals if you know the routes/numbers. Uber is popular and reliable and costs only 10-20 reals even when moving between Ipanema and Lapa, which can be a 30 minute or longer ride. The city has UberPool and I found it to work just fine, no need to download any other taxi app. Uber also works at GIG airport, go to the departures level to get picked up, it's a very convenient way to get into the city.

Language/Communications :

Being Brazil, Portuguese is the official language and English is not as commonplace as you might think. Either learn to be conversational in Portuguese before you come here or make sure your nonverbal game is strong.

Spanish is partially mutually intelligible with Portuguese, however there are many differences and IME the majority of Brazilians know very little Spanish. However, there are many tourists from Argentina/Colombia and other South American countries here, so Spanish will help you with these groups.

If you are going the nonverbal route and like nightclubs and dancefloor approaches, get better at dancing. Samba and Salsa are two good ones to learn.

Gym/Exercise :

Fitness is huge in Rio, there are juice bars on every corner and small gyms with pullup bars and such all along the beach sidewalk. I did not get a gym membership while I was here, but I've heard Bodytech is pretty popular but expensive. There is one in Ipanema which is perfect logistics wise if you're staying in the area.

I mainly ran on the beach in the mornings and used those gyms along the beach (pullups, dips, bodyweight stuff etc.). They are hard to miss, and are labelled Santander. Additionally, on Sundays one side of the road near the beaches is closed, and many more people are out running on the street, especially in the morning. A good number are by themselves and without headphones, so could be a good time for daygame.

Online Game :

Tinder is huge here, with many girls online. However, I encountered flaking to a degree I've never seen in my life (and I've used this in many countries around the world). I scheduled ~15 dates and ended up having a flake rate of ~80%. These are girls who I had their WhatsApp, they agreed to meetup, and several of them I even confirmed just a few hours before we were supposed to meet. I'd like someone to confirm/deny this, as it's possible I just had a streak of very bad luck.

I think if you are here on a very short trip and don't mind getting these girls who might have been with many other gringos, Tinder could be your thing. Bear in mind the quality is not close to the top talent in Rio, many of them have met a huge number of gringos (met several girls who went clubbing 5+ days a week and went with guys most times from Tinder). I recommend getting off this app for longer stays. Besides, I saw way better talent on average in nightclubs than online.

I did not bother with any other apps/websites, but the one other I heard of is BrazilCupid.

Daygame :

Beaches are huge in Rio. The big three are in the Zona Sul area, and are Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon. Girls are generally friendly and easy to talk to, though there can often be less English, but for some of you guys who don't mind language barriers this should be fine. Keep in mind I didn't do that much daygame, preferring nightgame instead.

* Leblon Beach - Isolated to the west, very few gringos, lots of rich Brazilians and older people. I often found many girls coming here by themselves to go swimming or lay on the beach, making it good for daygame.

* Ipanema Beach - Probably the best for daygame due to volume and talent. There is serious competition though, make sure you get in shape. When it's hot out this beach gets very crowded. Additionally this beach extends into a rocky peninsula called Stone Arpoador, with many tourists (including Brazilians from other cities) taking pictures. This could be a good filter if you want to target the tourist crowd.

* Copacabana Beach - Tourist central, famous beach and quite large. On the sidewalk you have many vendors harassing you to buy stuff and some scams like shoe shining and such (just ignore these characters). Crime can be a problem before the police and helicopters show up (helicopters often fly near the beach in the daytime to monitor crime). There are many girls here, a large number in groups or with their boyfriends, but also many who come there by themselves on a bike and lay on the beach or hop in the water.

* Malls seemed to have very low quality talent, such as Shopping Leblon. I would have thought upscale malls would pack good talent but it did not seem to be the case. I only walked through a few times to get a sim card and such, but I was absolutely not impressed. I did here from some chicks that they had to visit Zona Sul mall (near Botafogo/Copacabana), so if you're nearby and deadset on checking out malls it might be a good place to drop by.

* Juice bars (i.e. Big Beach) - Many people often come alone to grab some Acai or food to eat, leading to many people by themselves and not as many groups. These are all over the city and I saw many girls eating alone at these places.

Overall people are in shape in these daygame locations, given all these juice bars where you can get Acai com Proteinato, small gyms on the sidewalks and beach culture. Hit the gym before coming here.

Nightgame General Info :

Spread throughout the entire city, with parties happening everyday of the week. I highly recommend you all checkout BemBrasil (http://bembrasilrio.com/), as it lists where some big parties are happening every day of the week. Bear in mind the places on that site often have many gringos and people from hostels, however many Brazilians attend as well. This guide basically guarantees that you will always have some party with a crowd if all else fails.

Additionally, checkout the nightlife guide in Rio Times online (http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/ca...e-guide/), which is an English news site for what's happening in Rio. They publish a nightlife guide for every day, which often includes parties that aren't so obvious to the hostel crowd and can have mostly Brazilians / locals. It has a breakdown by venue type too (electronic, samba, pubs etc.), which can be useful if you prefer certain venue types.

For bars/clubs that aren't mentioned in the above resources, check the corresponding Facebook pages to see if anything is going on at night. One strategy I did was load all the clubs when searching via Google Maps all over the city, and then search those names on Facebook. There are a good number of clubs on Google Maps that are no longer open, such as Jack Daniel's Club in Ipanema (closed a month or two ago).

For clubs, covers are cheaper earlier in the night (before 22:00) and occasionally there are offerings like free unlimited caipirinhas for the first hour. Caipirinha is a very popular cocktail in Brazil, and many Brazilians love to drink it. IMO they are actually pretty good.

As far as door difficulty, I have never been face controlled here, and haven't heard of anyone else being face controlled either. You might have to wait to get in, but you'll get in eventually. Additionally, don't worry about dressing sharp (i.e. suits and what not). Due to the heat, all the guys wear t-shirts and shorts or jeans + shoes (please don't be one of those backpackers with flip flops or hiking boots, you'll get pegged as in the hostel crowd). On the other hand, wearing a suit might make you stand out but I don't have experience with this, so don't take my word for it.

Also for the majority of clubs, you pay for your drinks when you exit the club, and not as you go. Why they do this, I have no fucking idea. But it can be a total pain when everyone is trying to leave and there is a long line to pay for your drinks. Also, because of this, it's very difficult to leave the club and come back later, as every time you want to leave reenter, you have to go through the card bullshit again.

Finally, might just be my observation or because I'm a novice, but watch out for other gringos in the nightclub. Seemed many gringos (think the backpacker types with hiking boots) were cockblocking other gringos and even lying to Cariocas. One Aussie guy saw me, and he proceeded to tell a girl I was chatting with that I was just looking for sex. IME, Brazilian guys didn't give a shit and were all round cool, no cockblocking from them.

Neighborhoods for Nightgame :

Lapa - Highest concentration of nightclubs in the city, but dirty and boring during the day.

* Lapa 40 - Multilevel nightclub with live music on the bottom floor and dancing on the upper floors. I went on a Thursday and there were very few girls by themselves on the bottom floor, but on the fourth floor there's a dance floor with solid talent.

* Leviano Bar - Multilevel bar/club with dancing and tables on the bottom floor and a nightclub upstairs. Check the BemBrasil guide to see which day this place has a party scheduled. I went when there was one, and there was high volume, many attractive girls and a smaller but significant number of gringos. I did only dancefloor approaches, and found a mix between some who just came to dance with their own friends (i.e. Argentians on vacation) and some who were more open.

* Street parties - people dancing in the streets and vendors walking around with coolers of beer. Lots of people but pickpockets too. Quality was very low here so I only checked it out then bailed. Good if you want to down some cheap beers then hit the clubs nearby.

Botafogo - Heard there are some nightclubs/bars here, but I never went out in this neighborhood.

Copacabana - Touristy neighborhood that is central, good logistics, lots of pickpockets.

* Pavão Azul Bar (and surrounding bars) - Place to buy beer and chill at a few tables, but most people are standing and drinking on the sidewalks. Easy to meet people, lots of groups. There is this bar, a bar across the street with people outside, and another bar around the corner with people sitting down, allowing you to move around if you happen to wreck an area.

* Fosfobox - Two level nightclub nearby to Pavão Azul Bar that gets hopping around 11 or so, but you have to go on the right nights. See the BemBrasil link posted above, currently Wednesday is when there's a party there. It was hopping on Wednesday from 11 until the early hours. Warning, if you go on the wrong nights, it is a gay party (although there are probably lots of straight women there), so seriously make sure to check beforehand.

Sauda - Grimy neighborhood in the center.

* Pedro do Sal - Street party in a plaza with Samba dancing and high volume. Party goes to the early hours and there are many people drinking in the street and dancing. I found it easy to approach here, saw many Gringos hanging around but also many locals.

Ipanema - Upscale neighborhood between Leblon and Copacabana.

* Blue Agave - Bar with a mix of westerners and locals. Can be a bunch of people standing outside who are approachable, but talent is mediocre. From those I met here, it's used as a pregaming spot before heading to a larger party/nightclub.

* Barzin - Nightclub across the street from Blue Agave. There is a BemBrasil party here, currently on Saturday. Talent can be VERY GOOD here, and if you arrive early (I did around 22:00), there can be a very favorable ratio here (more girls than guys). The vibe can be more bitchy than other clubs, as it's Ipanema, but I highly recommend this place if your game is tight and you want to go for the higher end.

* Lord Jim Pub - English pub with bunch of expats. Stopped in early (like 9pm) on a Saturday and saw virtually no girls and just older men and Brits.

* Venga Bar de Tapas - Spanish pub with many girls, but almost all groups and sitting at tables. I didn't try any approaches here, but it was packed early on in the night (around 9pm on a Thursday), so could be an earlier option.

Leblon - Upscale neighborhood west of Leblon. Generally older crowd.

* Woods - Nightclub in Leblon. I did not hit this place up, but I heard it's very good from locals, and several girls I met mentioned frequenting there. One of the few nightclubs in Leblon.

* Brewteco Leblon - Very small bar where people generally buy beer and drink on the street. Had quite a large number of people even on weekdays (like Wednesday/Thursday), lots of groups and pairs. Higher volume when there is a major soccer game going on as there are lots of people who show up to watch a game on the tv's.

* Boteco Belmonte - Bar/Restaurant nearby Brewteco Leblon. Lots of people drinking outside, mostly groups.

Tourist Stuff :

Even if you're normally not into this stuff, I highly recommend checking out some of the sights in Rio since the views can be stunning. Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf mountain are the most well known. Other lesser known viewpoints with way fewer tourists are Vista Chinesa, Dois Irmãos (Two Brothers) and Emperor's Table (these are in the west, you can use Uber/Motobike to go see them).

If you like surfing, try one of the beaches more exposed to the ocean, like Ipanema and Stone Arpoador (a peninsula sticking out into the ocean, between Ipanema and Copacabana). The waves are small but get much larger after it rains.

If you're a football fan, check out Maracanã, one of the largest football stadiums in the world. I heard the atmosphere is crazy and seeing a game is an awesome experience. Rio has four major football teams, see when they are playing there. Girls occasionally asked me which was my favorite team, so might be good to know what the teams are, they are (Major 4) : Botafogo, Flamengo, Fluminense and Vasco de Gama.

Conclusion :

Overall I like Rio. It is definitely expensive, which I think is odd given how much locals are making, but I thought it was worth it, if only for one time. If money is a concern and girls are the only thing you care about, there are way better places than Rio (and probably Brazil for that matter). However it's other qualities can make a visit worth it, given it's a major iconic destination, has great weather, solid nightlife (but takes awhile to learn where things are) and amazing beaches. Results wise, I was able to get three bangs here, two Brazilians and one Mexican. I'm not a veteran though, so some of you more experienced guys could probably clean up here.

If I had to come again, here's what I'd do differently :

* Stay in Ipanema or Leblon
* Get in way better shape (did I mention all the juice bars and gyms?)
* Brush up on Portuguese
* Get my dancing game much better, Brazilians can dance
* Bring a surfboard, might make beach game easier (unproven)
* Be direct and aggressive, otherwise you will lose opportunities (Brazilian guys are aggressive and escalate quickly)

I don't see myself returning anytime soon due to cost and limited return, now that I've already done all the touristy stuff, but I definitely can see this place appealing to certain people in the long term. Mainly those with a large bank roll, preference for beaches, in shape and very direct/aggressive.

Feel free to leave comments, this is my first datasheet.

Very legit.

I never understand, though, why gringos come and spend more than a week in Rio but don't bother to check other cities where their money could run farther and better girls are available.

Quote: (03-17-2018 03:06 PM)DiogoFC Wrote:  

Very legit.

I never understand, though, why gringos come and spend more than a week in Rio but don't bother to check other cities where their money could run farther and better girls are available.

Which cities do you have in mind?

Good data sheet. Do you see guys rolling solo at the clubs/bars?

Last year the violence in Rio was at one of its highest. The president called for the military to take over - but some claim the president did that bc elections are coming up. Only a few days ago a black female political councilor - Marielle Franco was assassinated after giving a talk - and she has been quite vocal against police harassment and the military occupation. This has lead to many protests in Rio and other cities.

Did you find any security problems. As per the news its seems to be quite volatile there right now.

Quote: (03-17-2018 03:06 PM)DiogoFC Wrote:  

Very legit.

Probably because of English levels?

Killer datasheet though. I always like it when I hear what dudes would do differently if they were to come back to a city. That bit about needing to be very aggressive would really clash with my current gamestyle though and would take some serious work on my end (though could be fun)

Most Brazilian dudes I meet traveling are lil bitches though, must be different on-site.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Quote: (03-17-2018 07:48 PM)NextStop100 Wrote:  

Good data sheet. Do you see guys rolling solo at the clubs/bars?

A few, in both Lapa and Ipanema, but they were far outnumbered by groups. They also were older (like 30-40+).

Also, as for security and safety Rio de Janeiro isn't exactly Western Europe, this is South America and things (from what I've heard) are worse now than they were during the world cup and olympics. The Brazilian president deployed the military into Rio to try and curb the crime, but there are high levels of violence.

While I was there, there were several attempted bank robberies (with guns and explosives), although they were in more working class neighbourhoods (not Ipanema/Leblon). Muggings are common, and you shouldn't walk around with an iPhone or a DSLR on the beach in the morning taking pictures, which I saw some idiots doing. FYI electronics cost a fortune in Brazil, and an iPhone can easily be more than a person's annual salary. People who might not ordinarily steal something might be tempted in this case.

My advice is to hide your electronics unless you're inside somewhere safe or at a major tourist destination, and pay attention to what's going on around you. I didn't have any issues (luckily), but I know several people who have.

[/quote]

Probably because of English levels?

[/quote]

You find similiar English leves (that is, very low ones) in any capital of State.

A guy who manages to score in Rio would certainly mop the floor in Curitiba, Florianópolis, Vitória, Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre or Goiânia.

What he wouldn't find in those places is a gringo spot, a regular gringo venue like Rio Scenarium. That might slow down his moves, but for someone who has already spent a few days in the country and already figured it out, chances are he can set up logistics and make a sortie in a night club with good results.

im gonna be in rio for almost 2 months.

looking for wings and like minded guys to meet up with.

staying in leblon.

pm me.

Quote: (07-06-2018 10:32 AM)Rubin Wrote:  

im gonna be in rio for almost 2 months.

looking for wings and like minded guys to meet up with.

staying in leblon.

pm me.

Do you mind a to write a report of your impressions of Rio. Many are saying Rio is going through a turbulent period and it is not safe there now. You need to be cautious and stay only in the south zone where tourists stay. There is also a lot of resentment on especially white male tourists. What do you see?

Good write up. I just got back from Rio, stayed at the Blue Tree in Recreio.

I have a different perspective as my wife is Brazilian and we hired her friend's driver to be our driver and tour guide. I was there for a few days with my wife, brother, and brother's girlfriend.

Lapa is gay as fuck. Saw at least 3 trannies walking by the aqueduct and stairs. Also saw an advertisement on a phone booth of a tranny with his dick out. Sent a picture of its dick to at least 2 dozen forum members.

Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer are must sees for a tourist. They put the beauty of the city in perspective if nothing else. I live in Colorado and am used to seeing mountains, but the way the mountains in Rio hit the ocean with the islands is a completely different experience.

Copacabana was fun but touristy. It's their version of 16th Street Mall in Denver. Lots of peddlers and homeless people but something you have to do. There was a sort of tourist farmers market when I was there and we bought shirts, magnets, shot glasses, etc. Way cheaper and better quality than what we bought at Sugarloaf/Christ the Redeemer.

My wife's friend took us really far down to Praia de Grumari where the locals hang. Completely different vibe and got to hang out with the local surfers. She also took us to meet her mom in a gated community off the beach where there were a bunch of mansions. He mom lived in a R4.000.000 home but was super excited to meet Americans. I love how hospitable Brazilians are.

I'm used to only spending time in Goias/Brasilia. My wife's hometown is Goiania, we always go to Pirenopolis for the waterfalls and history, and she also has family in Jatai. I had a ton of fun in Rio and it felt like a different world from Goias. It's like visiting the Midwest then flying out to southern California.

Edit: To the guys worried about safety, I never once felt unsafe or threatened. We spent a night out in Lapa, day/evening around Copacabana. There are obviously bad parts of Rio, but you'll be fine if you stay away from them. If anyone travelling there is worried, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help out.

I would love to host a local weekly meetup here in Rio.

Anyone who is around (until September for now) and interested, PM me.

What's the best time of year to visit?

Alternatively, what's the most affordable time of year to visit?

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Ok I NEED to get down to Brazil one of these days, soon.

I spoofed my location on my phone to Rio and fired up the Bumble dating app and started swiping.

I've gotten a shit ton of matches and messages, with chicks actually pushing me to hangout ASAP despite the fact I'm not even there. This in contrast to my bumble usage in California, where I get some decent matches but every other bitch flakes and just makes it not worth the time.

I'm a pale white guy if that makes a difference.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Interesting, did you change your location with a special app or does bumble propose the same feature as tinder to change the location?

Regarding your question about the most affordable period, I only went there once and it was in April, the flight was cheap (around 600 € for a distance of 9000 km) but cost of life wasn’t much cheaper than Europe, Rio is the most expensive city in Latam.

Beach was empty most of the time and it rained a few times, temperature was good though.

just come down asap and we will have beer and bumble all day long [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (07-08-2018 04:09 PM)Lino Wrote:  

Interesting, did you change your location with a special app or does bumble propose the same feature as tinder to change the location?

My hacker buddy enabled developer mode on my android and it allows you to spoof the gps. Then I just fired up bumble and checked out bish's from all around. Seems south america is the best bet for me, lol.

Another thing I noticed during that experiment was that most of these chicks (despite being in no older than mid twenties) were "lawyers" and "doctors". What's the deal with that?

-Wonitis

Quote: (07-07-2018 06:14 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

What's the best time of year to visit?

Alternatively, what's the most affordable time of year to visit?

All the time. The only expensive part is getting there.

But depends on how you like heat and humidity.

Surprised you found a decent user base on bumble when you were there. Tinder and badoo are much more popular.

One note of caution: Brazilian women are extremely flakey, especially in a city full of sex tourists. I wouldn’t base app matches as a potential measure of success.

I'm on my way to Rio and will likely stay 4 nights somewhere in Ipanema. PM me if you are around.

Also I would highly appreciate a tip for Nightlife for Monday - Wednesday.

Quote: (07-09-2018 07:11 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2018 04:09 PM)Lino Wrote:  

My hacker buddy enabled developer mode on my android and it allows you to spoof the gps. Then I just fired up bumble and checked out bish's from all around. Seems south america is the best bet for me, lol.

Another thing I noticed during that experiment was that most of these chicks (despite being in no older than mid twenties) were "lawyers" and "doctors". What's the deal with that?

Watch out with Brazilian chicks, they are super flaky and might seem you have a nice conversation and then next day the mood of the chat is totally different. When trying to meet up do it asap, for the same day or tomorrow. And arrange with multiple chicks at the same time because it's a certainty that some will "fall asleep" or they just remembered some stupid reason they can't go or even outright ignore you.

It's a thing with Brazilian people, they are very proud of their degrees specially chicks, I think it's because their parents generation didn't progress that far in academic life so some of them are the first in the family to have a degree. Even tough they might have studied in some crappy institute and don't know jack shit.

Quote: (07-08-2018 03:56 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

Ok I NEED to get down to Brazil one of these days, soon.

I spoofed my location on my phone to Rio and fired up the Bumble dating app and started swiping.

I've gotten a shit ton of matches and messages, with chicks actually pushing me to hangout ASAP despite the fact I'm not even there. This in contrast to my bumble usage in California, where I get some decent matches but every other bitch flakes and just makes it not worth the time.

I'm a pale white guy if that makes a difference.

Also if a girl just asks which hotel you're staying and it's good one in ipanema or something, some even might go directly to your hotel. I always suspected that and refused. Might be paranoid but it's a foreign country and you never know

Thinking about spending 2 months in Brasil, was there a few years ago and missing it...I am looking for a flight on Skyscanner, any other good website to find cheaper flights? Flying from France.

I'm back on my way to BH. It really surprised me how few gringos are in the city. One day I walked Ipanema up and down and didn't see a single one.

+1 for the information here. 2 things were especially useful:

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/ca...ife-guide/ for Nightlife recommendations. Use your browsers private mode as soon as they ask for money.

Always book your Airbnb / Hotel / Apartment for 2 people and tell the doorman "I booked for two. Me and a girl. She comes later."

Furthermore I will write an BH datasheet as soon as I'm back in Germany and will do a comparison between these two cities. Spoiler: BH isn't better ;-)

Quote: (07-20-2018 01:56 PM)semibaron Wrote:  

I'm back on my way to BH. It really surprised me how few gringos are in the city. One day I walked Ipanema up and down and didn't see a single one.

It's "winter" right now there, low season