rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Instagram: now compulsory for dating

Hello Guys,

I did a research on the forum but did not quite find the answers I needed.
How important is it today to have a strong social media presence?

I have a feeling for people below 30, Inta snapshat ect are becoming very important to assess who you are.
I actually hate this, as I don't think that is natural, but I notice that almost all girls are on Instagram for example.
I found social media to be a waste of time, only about narcissism and infatuated ego... but at the same time it seems that you can't ignore it anymore.

By not being on it, am i in some ways limiting my options to date 9+ women?

No. Used insta for a bit, off it now. Same results. However, not having insta allows one to run a more intimate game. Instead of linking her to your instagram, show her the pictures on your phone from crazy stuff you've done. My favorite to use is the time I rescued a snapping turtle. It shows off my summer bod and the fact that I can hold a living cigar cutter while smiling. Seems to impress them.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Common man you know where you shoulda posted this....

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

it doesn't matter. Hell it's probably a positive if you're the one person they can't look up online.

Doesn't hurt to learn how to use it in your favor of course. But since it's what everyone is using, you'll make a better impact elsewhere anyway. The only negative is that sometimes I've noticed girls are willing to trade social media accounts When they aren't willing to give a number. Obviously you only take the number/account when you have to, but it can make a difference sometimes.

I disagree.

Im 27. No Instagram, no snap chat. Just a FB for keeping up with real friends and family. I don't friend women on Facebook.

You can do just fine without that shit. You just have to make a strong impression in person, follow up with some texts, meet up, go to dinner, go home and bang.

Focus on yourself, not social media like every other dude.

No... unless you have thousands of followers with a ton of value-raising photos.

Not having an Instagram > Having a mediocre or even average one like 99% of guys.

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result

Instagram is just another tool in your arsenal. I view between a DHV device and a comfort builder. DHV in that you get to show all of the cool things you're doing, and comfort building in that you can hint at a softer side (volunteering, love for your family, small animals, etc).

However, I think this thread misses the point. If you're chasing women that you believe need to see your Instagram for you to have success, you are chasing the wrong women. You want women that have a high level of attraction from the beginning, and having (or not having) Instagram will not change that.

At it's best, Instagram should serve as a supplement. Add girls to yours that you've already been with, and have perhaps fallen out of your rotation. It serves to keep them feeling. As we all know, feeling is half the battle.

The only practical use I have found for instagram, in the context of dating and game is that it can be used to determine whether or not a girl is a SIF or not. That's one of the upsides to when girls post that information on Tinder.

Investment Bro is onto something to. Use it for social proof and use it sparingly.

Years ago getting a tattoo was to demonstrate rebellion: not conforming. Now it;s the opposite: people get them to fit in, cause their cool, edgy, etc.

Tattoo removal is a growth industry

Social media?... just digital tatoos

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Use Snap, skip IG, FB, et al.

Get them to send you the photos they can't or won't post...

Quote: (04-09-2017 11:50 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

I disagree.

Im 27. No Instagram, no snap chat. Just a FB for keeping up with real friends and family. I don't friend women on Facebook.

You can do just fine without that shit. You just have to make a strong impression in person, follow up with some texts, meet up, go to dinner, go home and bang.

I was the same way till two weeks ago. The ease of access that having 5k followers gives you to women is ridiculous. Me and my homie went on a sunday funday with his lady killer dog it was like shooting fish in a barrel. On top of that groups girls that were shutting me out were all the sudden interested in me when my boy would open them and then I'd return.

An old roommate of mine will constantly have snapchat stories of him out meeting girls and making out with them. The other day he showed to amount of jealous tinder, bumble, and dead number leads initiating contact and it was astounding. Its certainly a tool, but the ease that it can do for you is not to be fucked with. Im a believer in IG and snapchat now and I hate that narcissistic shit.

I've banged around 50 different women over the past few years at least half of them were 18-24 years old and not a single one of them had anything to do with me having any social media accounts. I've never had Instagram, never used Snapchat, and I've never given my Facebook account to any of the girls I've hooked up with.

Been a number of threads lately speculating on the importance of social media. It's not important.

Quote: (04-09-2017 09:39 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I've banged around 50 different women over the past few years at least half of them were 18-24 years old and not a single one of them had anything to do with me having any social media accounts. I've never had Instagram, never used Snapchat, and I've never given my Facebook account to any of the girls I've hooked up with.

Been a number of threads lately speculating on the importance of social media. It's not important.

I agree its not important. not at all
until you see how easy it is to make girls receptive to you. Im telling you this was my exact line of thinking until I saw it in action.

Its the exact same thing when people were wondering if tender and bumble we that important. No they're not. But they make the game easier.

Quote: (04-09-2017 11:50 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

I disagree.

No offense but are you not simply being blind here?
I would think the same as you do but I just wonder if I am just keeping myself from acknowledging the truth:" women crave social media and are much more receptive to the indicator of status through those platforms than in real life"

Of course you can say: "yea but having no social media account keeps the mistery" maybe... or let's take another approach.

It is like having a brand saying :"blah I don't do marketing because I want to feel authentic" good for you, but you are not going to sell as many products as others doing the right marketing

Im not saying it's a negative, im just saying I don't feel like it's a necessity. I do fine without it. I could pretty easily pull 2-3 notches a week without it, if I was trying. But that's too much time spent on women for my tastes.

It's like somebody saying you just gotta have a turbo on your car, when a bunch of them get down the road just fine without one.

I am my marketing.

I don't think it's a deadend if you don't use IG or social media as many guys have testified the lack of need of it.

What I think it can be useful is to ASSIST your game and not to let it become your ONLY game. A lot of girls I've met would show me their IG within minutes of meeting and show me their army of beta men on their follower count expecting me to be impressed. What I do would be like so how many of these 10k followers have done this? And I go in for the kiss/hold her hand. This is alpha behavior and they love it. You obviously stand out from the hundreds who just comment on her selfies expressing their thirst. If they ask you if you use IG, I normally shrug it off by saying yes but mostly to keep my memories of travelling and since I'm never in a place for long, for friends back home to catch up on what I'm doing. I always say "it beats them pestering me with texts on where I am now" Ive used this routine countless times and if they are basic bitches who based their entire self worth on how many followers they have, you would have essentially destroyed the only cards she has to maintain her false facade of confidence. From then on, she will shut up about her following and would only bring up social media to have YOU on them. It's her way to say "I've finally found a man who subdued me. Like this photo of me with this alpha male, you legions of thirsty betas!"

My question is...

How many of y'all have absolutely popping Instagram accounys with more followers than a small town?

And how many notches do you have?

@Sleek: First there is a 20 page thread dedicated to your question exactly.
Second yes social media is becoming more and more mandatory. You have to have a proof of your value in photos/video format on either Instagram or Facebook.
Hottest girls especially.

I was once with a fellow member Irish at a new nightclub opening in Singapore. There were three 9+ models waiting for some work and guess what they were doing? They were scrolling through their Instagrams.

For these girls you need the large following just for them to see you as equal.

You can survive and get bangs without it. But for quality it becomes more mandatory.

If you get IG make sure you do it right. Here is an example. No IG neutral. Shitty IG is lowering your value. Good IG value boost. If you do things right it can be the best addition to your game, easiest tool for daygame closing, speeding dating process, automating value display, automating social proof display, automating trust building, to be used as a tool to get leads, using automation to pipeline etc.

All your questions have been answered at our IG thread and on my new blog and you have all the arsenal to fight attention whores with their own weapons.

Good luck.

Now is the best time to be approaching in person because so many guys rely on social media or dating apps to meet women.

If learn to cold approach you will probably stand out more than ever. Sure, social media can be leveraged to great effect, but it is by no means mandatory.

Don't use that thinking as an excuse not to approach. Guys tend to try to rationalize not approaching and find scapegoats like the OP. Become aware of when you are doing that and do the opposite. Go out and approach. If you want to learn more about overcoming approach anxiety and not relying on social media to get laid, I have extensive sections in my book that can help you not only overcome AA, but use it to your advantage.

For a lot of guys, social media is a big waste of time. It can be a distraction from the mission of really improving your life.

I think social media can HELP get you laid, but it certainly isn't necessary.

I only have Facebook and I've probably banged about 6 girls from meeting them through it. I'm in a Closed FB group and everyone just posts perverted memes and it's all sex talk. That's really the only reason why I keep it. Scrolling through the regular feeds is 99% female oriented attention seeking bullshit that quite frankly makes me sick. I don't have IG, Snapchat or any other app but I assume it's the same. I hate selfies and even the fucking idea of turning my phone around to take a pic of my smiling face to post on one of these sites to scream "LOOK AT ME" is pathetic. That's female behavior. Girls need the "Likes" of their selfies/posts because it validates them and tells them "oh somebody is giving me attention". But this shouldn't matter to guys. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of me. Females on the other hand have low self esteem so any boost they can get they feed on it like a piranha eating flesh. But I digress; I'm not telling anyone here what they already didn't know.

OP, there are Datasheets on these apps which are filled with great information on how to uses these to help you get laid. If you're interested in going the social media route, then you need to read up on these.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Nothing is compulsory.

You can stay in your room and play video games, the problem is that won't help your social life.

IG just gives you more leads and hot girls use it, so what more do you need to know.

Vinny nailed it, hot girls are using IG to get attention and to screen for guys.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

It's such a small investment for such potential gains. If you spend time reading PÚA blogs/forums, no reason not to Invest some minimal time/money and up your chances.

Take my DMs from this week, not started by me:
1. 7.5 Norwegian girl, cold open from her
2. Former model from Belgium, cold open from her
3. A dude asking for travel advice
4. Former hot German CSer, haven't closed but I'll be seeing her this summer, probably will judging by our messages
5. Random Indonesian girl, cold open from her
6. Hot toronto girl I met in Montreal last august, date lined up for when I get back in May
7. Random Indonesian girl, cold open from her
8. Hot Russian girl I met and made out with in toronto a while back, didn't close
9. Average British girl, cold open from her

That's just a week. Multiply that x52 weeks, add in another 10k followers by a year from now and it only gets easier, not to mention day game closes. The time it saves you jumping steps to get laid is worth it in itself. And no, I don't have any selfies.

Wow, thanks for all your comments guys! I was not expecting it ^^

@Vinny, yes i did notice the thread and will have a look through it again... but you did answer my questions with this Singapore story. I did notice than 9+ girls seem to care a lot about IG. For me getting 9+ girls is my target,I have plenty of 7s and a few 8s to spend time with. But I felt like suddenly to get to higher quality IG is a strong tool.

I will do an experiment and try to create my own then.

There are thinks I wanted to put in IG anyway just for myself:
- my progress at the gym (I will follow a 3 month competition program to get shredded)
- pictures of healthy dishes that I cooked to fit my macros (I use IG as memos to remember what I did, pretty much...)

However in order to make my profile attractive:
- picture of my travels. Landscapes + architectures + historical landmarks ( I love history)
- a " book of the week" picture where I put in description a top 10 of the things I remembered from a book (I have this personal challenge of reading a book / week)

I don't think of anything else for now but the list is probably not over ^^

I like SnapChat because everything is deleted (at lest from purview anyway). You can pretty much manufacture any lifestyle you wish to convey. I deleted 8 years worth of FB posts & likes recently and I love it. My profile looks like spam but with nearly 5k friends.
I still use IG, however when I get around to it, I will purchasing a mass delete app to purge all my past shit.
Stop giving government agencies and corporations unfettered access into your personal lives and psyche

I'm with Vinny and DigitalNomad. Lots of male hamstering going on here. You don't need social media just like you don't need model looks, a 6 pack, and immaculate style to get laid. But it helps.

This is also a commentary on demographics. If you're aiming for younger girls (<25yo), or high quality model girls that inherently have online followings, I reckon this is even more important. Yes, I bet some of you guys can swoop these girls off their feet with no social media presence, but why play from a disadvantage? Also, having a solid IG does several deeper things. 1) Girls can show you off to their friends (unfortunately this matters) 2) Some work is already done, which means the girl has already warmed herself up to you and you have a head start vs. having no cool pictures she's already looked through on repeat.

It's easy to downplay change and reiterate that the status quo is all you need. But men are meant to adapt to their times and it's a pretty obvious choice to me.

Here's an old Courage Reborn post addressing this matter

Quote: (01-12-2015 07:01 PM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Quality post OP. Your diagnosis is on the money. The opt-out solution you're proposing however, is the wrong play.

Noir is correct. The US 18-25 demographic has become nearly unobtainable without social media game mastery. Opt out, and she'll simply turn her attention to the majority of men willing to provide stimulation on her terms.

Like it or not, the game has changed. We're in a high supply sexual marketplace. The sexual market value of men has plunged, sure. But I would argue that average young men are still getting average young women (6's & 7's), albeit through different channels. They can still be seen hand in hand all over the world.

How? By using the same stuff that has always worked, albeit now it's via images & the written word;

Make her laugh
Get personal
Be entertaining
Establish an emotional connection

Beautiful young women however, are more challenging than ever. To get them, being exceptional is less important than creating the appearance of it. Combine this with the encouragement to attention whore at an unprecedented level, and you've got a recipe for mass frustration. Beautiful young women who don't indulge in the game are hidden gems in small towns, or on a rare trip to the big city. Finding them is pure chance.

Evolution, progression, whatever you want to call it, there's no going back now. Adapt, or die. The choice is ours.

Somewhat Dupe Thread: thread-44140.html

@sleek2b: 10 ideas from a book is way too much. That'd be great for a youtube channel but not an IG post. I think having a picture with a new book 1:20+ posts and even then highlighting where you're reading it (airport, hammock on tropical island, etc) is the way to go. If you want to reference the content, less than a paragraph should do.