rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Budapest Data Sheet

Budapest Data Sheet

Budapest, Hungary

Quality of Women: 4 / 5
Ease of Hooking Up: 2.5 / 5
Things to Do: 4 / 5

Time Spent There: One week
Lays: 1 (Brazilian; no flag)

Executive Summary: A beautiful and underrated city. If you don't know where to go, Budapest will appear to be a sleepier version of Prague with uglier girls. If you do know where to go, you'll be blown away by the highest concentration of hot girls you've ever come across, although picking up will be difficult.

The Nightlife:

Two words: Hajogyari Island. Yes, Budapest has a thriving bar and pub scene. Yes, it has an interesting art and music scene (more on that below). But if you want hot girls -- and I know you do -- then you need to spend all of your nights out at Hajogyari Island. The island is about 20-30 minutes outside of Budapest by taxi. You can get there by public transit, but you have to make a few connections and it takes a good 45 minutes each way. The island is an island in the Danube and holds about half a dozen clubs.

I can honestly say, in everywhere I've been in the world, I have never seen a higher concentration of hot girls in a single place than Hajogyari Island. There are places where the girls are hotter (Ukraine and Russia), but never have I seen so many hot girls in one single venue at the same time. Particularly the night clubs Bed Beach and Dokko Club. You literally have to look for an ugly or fat girl. It's impossible to find one some times. I've never been in a club where I would happily fuck over 50% of the girls there... but in both Bed Beach and Dokko it was probably 70-80%. A number of guys I've spoken to who have gone to Budapest and commented on how there were no hot girls out at night. I thought the same thing. It's because they all go here. Seriously. It's the only city I've come across where literally all of the hot girls congregate in a single place.

With that said, the clubs on Hajogyari can be brutal. They're some of the most difficult places I've picked up. Loud club environments with large VIP sections. Large groups of people and lots of guys. Language barrier. And believe it or not, Hungarian guys are pretty good-looking and have tight game. I got a make out with a very hot Hungarian girl here, but it was the most I've worked for a make out in a very, very long time. My American friend, who has pretty decent game, just gave up halfway through the first night and decided to get hammered.

So why would you subject yourself to this abuse? Well, if you're like me, you get some sick thrill out of it. But the sheer quantity of hotties keeps you going. Every time you get down on yourself, you spot even more walking past you. Honestly, it's a crying shame that Hungarian is such a useless language, otherwise moving and setting up shop in Budapest and forming a social circle would be lethal here.

If you aren't up for running the pick up gauntlet, you can stay on the mainland and hit the bars. Most of them are in the Jewish quarter and near the Octagon.

Budapest is quite proud of their eccentric and odd bars. And I have to admit, the way they're decorated can't really be described. Very artistic, very interesting. Cool vibes. Approaching and meeting girls in bars are very easy and the women are friendly enough. The bar I had the most success in was a bar called "Szimpla," which seems to be somewhat famous. It's fairly large and seemed to draw a good number of tourists and ex-pats as well. It's where I met the Brazilian that I banged.

The quality in the bars isn't bad. I'd put it on par with any good/decent bar in the US. But when you know there are dozens of smoking hot girls 30 minutes away, it's hard to justify sticking around. At least, it was hard for me.

As with Prague, I've heard that strip clubs are a rip off. Also, there's a well-known scam of girls stopping foreign guys on the street and inviting them up to get a drink with them. Once they get you up there, they order drinks without letting you know how much they are. The drinks end up being like $100 a piece and they won't let you leave until you pay. I didn't run into this, but I read about it (I think someone here even mentioned it). Just remember: if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

The Women:

As with anywhere in Eastern Europe, language barrier is a legitimate issue. I'd estimate that 50% of girls speak some level of English. Again, many of them learn German in school instead, so if you speak German that will up your opportunities.

I'm going to speak of the caliber of women on Hajogyari rather than the population at large. The women are beautiful. Very skinny and a bit on the taller side. They all wear short skirts and heels. The only distinguishing aspect of Hungarian women is that they seem to have wider hips than other Eastern Europeans. They're still super skinny, but their hips come out wider. I'd put them a smidge hotter than Czech women, while not quite matching Russian/Ukrainian women. Like I said in a previous sheet, my experience is that the women progressively get hotter the further East you go. I've yet to come across a counter-example of that.

The women are friendly but it seems to be a bit of a social-circle oriented culture. The rejections were never harsh. But they were clear. It was hard to break into groups and the guys weren't exactly the most keen to meet foreigners.

I can't say much else since I didn't get my flag.

Day Game:

Two more words: Margrit Island. Magrit Island is also an island in the Danube. It's smaller and closer. It's maybe a good 15-20 minute walk or 10 minutes by public transit. The entire island is a large park and if the weather is nice, there are tons of people (girls) walking around and hanging out there. Also, the bridge over the Danube has some beautiful views and the street between the bridge and the Octagon is very highly trafficked.

Things to Do:

Budapest is a beautiful city. Taking a walk over the bridge and to Magrit Island is a must if the weather is nice. Also it's a great city for a bike tour. The Basilicka and Opera House are worth checking out.

Budapest is also known for it's summer festivals. They have a ridiculous amount of them (like 50 or something) and they're going on all the time. Budapest is a lively music and art town, so there are tons of opportunities to check out interest jazz, folk, or blues music. There are salsa and dance scenes if you're into that. And there's an impressive array of restaurants to partake in. The food there was pretty good. Although I was usually too hungover to partake.

Budapest Data Sheet

Nice break down. Can you tell us a bit about costs of things(mixed drink, food, accommodation, taxi rides)? What neighborhood to stay in for good logistics?

I'm thinking my next big trip will be through Scandinavia, Germany and E. Europe so I'm really appreciating all these quality E. Europe data sheets.

Budapest Data Sheet

Prices were about on par with Prague, which is to say about 60-70% of prices in other parts of Europe. Decent, but not super cheap. I'd say a good meal was $7-8. Got a great apartment for $100 a night. Taxis can be very expensive, so I'd recommend taking public transport if you're staying in the city center.

If you want to go out in the city, then stay in the Jewish quarter on the Pest side. Pest side has all of the night life. Buda side has nice hiking, and sightseeing.

Alcohol costs the same pretty much everywhere in the world. Being central Europe you can get some cheap beer, but mixed drinks are what you'd find anywhere else: $5-6.

Budapest Data Sheet

Great reports - quite informative and really fun to read. I wonder what do these hotter-than-10 women look like? Do you have any pics you can post?

Game is a necessary evil

Budapest Data Sheet

I never said hotter than 10. I don't believe in the 10 scale tbh. And while we're on a tangent, I never understood posting pics of hot girls. If I wanted to see pics of hot girls I've never met I'd just google Victoria's Secret models all day. I could look everywhere and find the hottest Hungarian girl on the internet, but she's never going to be representative of an entire population somewhere.

Anyway...

Basically, imagine the hottest girl you see on any given weekend... multiply her by 30, then put all 30 of her in the same club. There ya go.

Budapest Data Sheet

[quote='Entropy4' pid='80857' dateline='1313117747']
Budapest, Hungary

Executive Summary: A beautiful and underrated city. If you don't know where to go, Budapest will appear to be a [quote]sleepier version of Prague with uglier girls.[/quote]

The Women:

[quote]They're still super skinny, but their hips come out wider. I'd put them a smidge hotter than Czech women, while not quite matching Russian/Ukrainian women.[/quote]

I feel here some condradiction in terms.

So which are hotter now?The Czech or the Hungarian girls?

Bye the way,at least in my book,hot and beautiful are two differrent characterizations.

Hot is a body-wise,while beautiful is more a face-wise feature.

A girl can be hot if she's got a great,sexy body but "just" average or ok face.
On ther other hand a girl can be beautiful if she's got as said beautiful,"shining" face ,like the photomodels got,even if her body is "just" average.

The hungarian girls are exotic the gene pool is maybe the "deepest" in Europe.
Due to migration and wars of the hundreds of years in that area,you get really all kind of facial features there.

Anyways,i agree with you the girls there are overall above average quality(more so compared to overseas)
but lower then the world class women of the former soviet union.

PS:the club is called DOKK not dokkO.

And you forgot about to mention the famous Sziget festival which is VERY popular by western europeans(mostly dutch,french,english,german) and takes place at the Hajógyari sziget every august(Now it's from 8-15 of august).The dutch even got a train which comes from Amstedam to Budapest with about 800-900 people on it and party all the way to Budapest either.

It's one of the largest greenfield festivals in europe with about 390 000 visitors in 5 days.

Budapest Data Sheet

Read the whole sentence:

"If you don't know where to go, Budapest will appear to be a sleepier version of Prague with uglier girls."

I didn't get a chance to check out any festivals. But I heard good things.

Budapest Data Sheet

Quote: (08-12-2011 04:24 AM)Vickers Wrote:  

(08-12-2011, 02:55 AM)Entropy4 Wrote:  Budapest, Hungary

Executive Summary: A beautiful and underrated city. If you don't know where to go, Budapest will appear to be a [quote]Quote:

sleepier version of Prague with uglier girls.

The Women:

Quote:Quote:

They're still super skinny, but their hips come out wider. I'd put them a smidge hotter than Czech women, while not quite matching Russian/Ukrainian women.

I feel here some condradiction in terms.

So which are hotter now?The Czech or the Hungarian girls?

Bye the way,at least in my book,hot and beautiful are two differrent characterizations.

Hot is a body-wise,while beautiful is more a face-wise feature.

A girl can be hot if she's got a great,sexy body but "just" average or ok face.
On ther other hand a girl can be beautiful if she's got as said beautiful,"shining" face ,like the photomodels got,even if her body is "just" average.

The hungarian girls are exotic the gene pool is maybe the "deepest" in Europe.
Due to migration and wars of the hundreds of years in that area,you get really all kind of facial features there.

Anyways,i agree with you the girls there are overall above average quality(more so compared to overseas)
but lower then the world class women of the former soviet union.

PS:the club is called DOKK not dokkO.

And you forgot about to mention the famous Sziget festival which is VERY popular by western europeans(mostly dutch,french,english,german) and takes place at the Hajógyari sziget every august(Now it's from 8-15 of august).The dutch even got a train which comes from Amstedam to Budapest with about 800-900 people on it and party all the way to Budapest either.

It's one of the largest greenfield festivals in europe with about 390 000 visitors in 5 days.

Why would you want to go to Budapest to hang around a bunch of Dutch people?

Budapest Data Sheet

-Princeton-

I'm not saying you should go to Budapest to check out some dutch people.

I only wanted to point out HOW popular THIS festival is that they even got a special train which goes from Amsterdam to Budapest just for the festival itself and that they party all the way during the journey either.

Here are some vids,however ind dutch language so maybe you wont understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UECF2sZHc5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk41W2vtwwE

PS:the Op should delete post nr.9,for some reason the server did not posted my reply.

Budapest Data Sheet

Alright..this thread is almost a year old..usually not much changes..
But has anything changed?

Anyone been to the city recently or have any new info.

Im heading to the city next week.

The allure of cheap everything and hot chicks..plus all the castles and what not got me

I am the cock carousel

Budapest Data Sheet

Excellent report - I'll probably be hitting Budapest on August for a month or more.

Budapest Data Sheet

Was there a couple of weeks ago, go there regularly.

It's my favourite city in EE, the girls are hot, but like Op says you have to know where to go. You might be walking around on a Saturday night and see no hot women at all, but then you take a taxi to a club in an industrial estate somewhere and it's full of Russian hotties.

You can get quick results there,very quick sometimes, but also the chicks like to tease. Make out potential is very high, but they do not always convert.

Very cheap there at moment £ = 370 forint. There's loads of good takeaway food.

Not the safe city by any means, Hungarian dudes can be quite aggressive sometimes, also watch out for Gypsies and Whores hanging around hostels/hotels. Guy I know was robbed at knifepoint outside a hostel while I was there. And as has been mentioned watch out for the bitches on the main tourists streets who want you to drink with them.

Many Hungarian men have little game, the dudes will be dancing together next to a group of girls doing nothing at all.But when you approach a girl, they will do a group cockblock.

Having said that, the men are quite good looking, they tend to work out a lot.

I might be there in a week or two

Budapest Data Sheet

Any specific bars clubs that anyone specifically liked?
From another budapest post I saw Morrisons and Eklub.

I'm planning to rent an apartment about two short blocks from the City Park.( Im assuming this might be a decent place to meet people also)
It looks like Morrisons is pretty close to where I'm staying..But any information in that area is great.

There was too much info on Taxis trying to rip people off.
I don't wanna be on the other side of the city and get gipped trying to get a girl home.
Any real world tips on transportation for the city/ getting around?
And of course the age old question of how Budapest/Hungary treats non white visitors?

*My depart date is pretty soon. I always run through Okcupid and Badoo before I go somewhere in the off chance I catch a girl.
Are their any decent hungarian dating/meetup sites? where chicks arent trying to meet me to get me to some elevator bar and take my money?

**Sidenote. Ive done a little research on the place and it looks like its got all kinda of cool shit outside of the clubs.
But i also dont like being surrounded by hordes of tourist.(at least english speaking ones)
Any advice on shit to do in the daytime?

I am the cock carousel

Budapest Data Sheet

Quote: (05-21-2012 09:51 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Any specific bars clubs that anyone specifically liked?
From another budapest post I saw Morrisons and Eklub.

I'm planning to rent an apartment about two short blocks from the City Park.( Im assuming this might be a decent place to meet people also)
It looks like Morrisons is pretty close to where I'm staying..But any information in that area is great.

There was too much info on Taxis trying to rip people off.
I don't wanna be on the other side of the city and get gipped trying to get a girl home.
Any real world tips on transportation for the city/ getting around?
And of course the age old question of how Budapest/Hungary treats non white visitors?

*My depart date is pretty soon. I always run through Okcupid and Badoo before I go somewhere in the off chance I catch a girl.
Are their any decent hungarian dating/meetup sites? where chicks arent trying to meet me to get me to some elevator bar and take my money?

**Sidenote. Ive done a little research on the place and it looks like its got all kinda of cool shit outside of the clubs.
But i also dont like being surrounded by hordes of tourist.(at least english speaking ones)
Any advice on shit to do in the daytime?

I never feel too surrounded my tourists in Budapest, probably due to the size of the city. It's easy to escape the hordes if you know where to go.

Yes Taxis are bastards, one time had to bail from one that was moving.

Badoo is probably going to be one of the best SN sites

Don't be to paranoid about being ripped off, most people don't have problems, just got to exercise common sense.

I like to find out if there are any DJ's playing in Budapest, I prefer that kind of atmosphere to the fancy places where there is bad music and posers.

Morrisons is always a giggle, my god the crazy times I have had there, girls are mostly teenage if you like em young.

For stuff to do in the day, there are loads of cool Spas, nice parks etc.

As for being non-white,you should be fine, Budapest is pretty multicultural, plenty of Turks, Asians, Arabs, and Gypsies etc

Budapest Data Sheet

That island sounds like a great place to go if you enjoy paying for overpriced drinks and being surrounded by women who are not interested in you.

Budapest Data Sheet

So if you had the option..where would absolute best part of the city be thats in reach of the better nightlife..and somewhere that you can explore the city from?
it seems that besides the islands. the whole area inside margit hid to josef korut (districts V,VI,VII) seems to have decent bars and clubs

I am the cock carousel

Budapest Data Sheet

This impressions of budapest. Way cleaner than I thought it would be. People were really nice.
Guys have the absolute worst game ever. One.group of two guys tried to show me how to get girls and got blown out 4 times in a row.

On a tuesday night morrisons still had a decent crowd. Enough to open 3 or 4 sets. One group two girls and her two lesbian friends were cool. made out with her before the girl I pipelined showed up. But dudes kept coming up and sitting to hear what I was saying and would come give the girls drinks..which they shared right in front of the guys.

ps. Hungarian girls seems like polish girls for the fact that they wont cheat on boyfriends even if they are unhappy.
Luckily..the girl I was with was different ...there was alot of resistance but I got her home

I am the cock carousel

Budapest Data Sheet

Nice work sourcecode

Yes Morrison's must be one of the easiest places in E Europe to get a make out, and you converted - nice.

Agreed, Hungarian guys are useless, they hang around together and have no idea how to engage girls. And then when you try they will do a group cockblock.

Yes, sometimes the girls won't go with a non Hungarian guy.

Budapest Data Sheet

Deb,
You say sometimes the girls won't go with non hungarians.
I think it might be more for that tourist are around the city..and aren't around long.
I got the feeling that these girls can be gamed well but they aren't the type to sleep around alot(maybe some of them)
They don't wanna be used up by a bunch of foreigners. They want the guy to be from the city

I almost feel bad getting the girl into bed so fast considering she was so cool.
The hungarian girl i hooked up with 2 nights in a row..wants to see me again(I told her I live in the apartment I was airbnb-ing)

Also.
Things to do:
If you're into it..Budapest has a big cave system in the city.
You can get a cheap tour and see the caves. I took a tour that was 5000HUF about 20USD where you got the overalls and hardhat with flashlight and did a small group tour where we had to crawl and climb around in the cave to get from place to place.

sometimes it was small holes where you could barely squeeze yourself in. and Im not even a big guy.

I am the cock carousel

Budapest Data Sheet

I meant to add this to my post.
But Ill also vouch for Szimpla

Its a good thing is you don't have to bar hop.
I only went to Szimpla and Morrisons.
What I love about both these places is that they are indoors..but open air.
Hard to explain..but is pretty much a building with no roof

Szimpla has couches and whatnot spread around so you can get comfy
towards the middle of the club before you get outside there are a pair or stairs on the left.
Well there is a little section that goes down into a little alcove corner.
The club was packed but this little hidden alcove was hidden
Me an my chick scribbled our names on the wall and went as far as to almost fucking..no one person seemed to even realize we were there.

The islands werent even worth it.
To far to walk..I wasnt interested in getting a taxi either.
And from what I heard..even from the girls in the city..that isnt a place they go for guys..they go to dance by themselves and act rich for a while

I am the cock carousel

Budapest Data Sheet

Quote: (06-03-2012 02:18 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I meant to add this to my post.
But Ill also vouch for Szimpla

Its a good thing is you don't have to bar hop.
I only went to Szimpla and Morrisons.
What I love about both these places is that they are indoors..but open air.
Hard to explain..but is pretty much a building with no roof

Szimpla has couches and whatnot spread around so you can get comfy
towards the middle of the club before you get outside there are a pair or stairs on the left.
Well there is a little section that goes down into a little alcove corner.
The club was packed but this little hidden alcove was hidden
Me an my chick scribbled our names on the wall and went as far as to almost fucking..no one person seemed to even realize we were there.

The islands werent even worth it.
To far to walk..I wasnt interested in getting a taxi either.
And from what I heard..even from the girls in the city..that isnt a place they go for guys..they go to dance by themselves and act rich for a while

Sourcecode how many days did you stay in budapest? I went there 2 weeks ago, and stayed 5 days. I can say that hungarian women are really beautiful, the city amazing,
and it had a good nightlife. The only problem i had, and is a big one, the language. VERY difficult to overcome.Nobody speaks english.

deb Auchery, i have seen that you love budapest, do you speak hungarian?
I'm planning on living for a couple of months there, but the language is holding me back a little bit..

Budapest Data Sheet

Quote: (06-10-2012 07:46 AM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

I'm planning on living for a couple of months there, but the language is holding me back a little bit..

I'm in the exact same situation as you: love the city,want to move there but the language is a bummer. I looked into language schools there which would be a good way to spend non gaming/exploring time but fook me it's a hard language! Still my plan is to spend a couple of months there to investigate the cities potential for a full time re-location sometime early 2013.

Budapest Data Sheet

Quote: (06-10-2012 07:54 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Quote: (06-10-2012 07:46 AM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

I'm in the exact same situation as you: love the city,want to move there but the language is a bummer. I looked into language schools there which would be a good way to spend non gaming/exploring time but fook me it's a hard language! Still my plan is to spend a couple of months there to investigate the cities potential for a full time re-location sometime early 2013.

I also thought about learning hungarian a bit, but you know, its soo dificult, and you will not use it in any other part of the world... i mean you can learn some phrases but to speak fluently, you have to be mad or crazy....
i also thought about prague, i really liked the city, gorgeous women, but the language barrier is still there...

Budapest Data Sheet

Quote: (06-10-2012 08:02 AM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

I also thought about learning hungarian a bit, but you know, its soo dificult, and you will not use it in any other part of the world... i mean you can learn some phrases but to speak fluently, you have to be mad or crazy....
i also thought about prague, i really liked the city, gorgeous women, but the language barrier is still there...

I asked a Hungarian dude working at the hotel I stayed in if he had ever met a foreigner who spoke perfect Hungarian,his reply was that he'd never met a Hungarian that spoke perfect Hungarian. Kind of sums up the difficulty.

Czech will be easier as the sounds and structure are more recognisable to an English speaker. I just think Prague is played out though and more expensive then Budapest. Prague does have better women though in my opinion.

Was it you who posted about apartment rentals in Budapest recently? If so you can get a decent place in a new build for 300 Euros a month without difficulty if I recall correctly. I'll try to find the web site for you.

Budapest Data Sheet

Quote: (06-10-2012 08:58 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Quote: (06-10-2012 08:02 AM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

I asked a Hungarian dude working at the hotel I stayed in if he had ever met a foreigner who spoke perfect Hungarian,his reply was that he'd never met a Hungarian that spoke perfect Hungarian. Kind of sums up the difficulty.

Czech will be easier as the sounds and structure are more recognisable to an English speaker. I just think Prague is played out though and more expensive then Budapest. Prague does have better women though in my opinion.

Was it you who posted about apartment rentals in Budapest recently? If so you can get a decent place in a new build for 300 Euros a month without difficulty if I recall correctly. I'll try to find the web site for you.

Yes it was me [Image: smile.gif]
300 euros in budapest? with furniture and wifi ? [Image: smile.gif]
My plan is to stay up to 90 days( schengen rule). Maybe i can rent 1 month in prague and 2 months in budapest..