rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making comparisons between male and female beauty - rhetoric and reality

A few months ago I came across a comment made by a female forum user (unfortunately, I don’t remember the exact type of online community, may have been a cultural or physical anthropology discussion board) that was along the lines of “even though I am a straight female, I acknowledge that women are objectively more beautiful than men and a higher percentage of women are above average when it comes to attractiveness compared to their male counterparts”. I want to clarify that the woman in question did not intend the remark as a putdown (it wasn’t in the context of a male vs. female argument) and did not appear to hold a grudge against males.

I am a heterosexual male and am by no means inclined to disagree with her opinion – there are many stunning women who are the pinnacle of human beauty from my standpoint. However, I have always harbored the illusion (I have to admit that I may be somewhat narcissistic) that females view the world differently and by and large regard males as the more aesthetically pleasing gender.

Have you encountered similar sentiments among non-lesbian or non-bisexual female peers? Do you attribute them to:

a)Biological reality/pure honesty
b)The influence of feminism
c)Temporary disillusionment with the male gender
d)Some other reason.

You have to take into account that my example was of just one woman sharing her viewpoint, so it’s by no means representative of the outlooks of females as a whole.

Would you find it annoying/puzzling if a straight woman compared your own appearance unfavorably with that of a girlfriend of hers?

I'm not sure what you're asking, so here's a picture of girls kissing:

[Image: 31e7HbTTEvL.jpg]

Female [Image: troll.gif]

Just look at the name, avatar, and the female type questioning.

Didn't you know this is a men's forum honey?

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (11-17-2014 09:03 AM)Snowplow Wrote:  

100%

Check Megan's other posts:

Quote:Quote:

While the meaning attached to it may seem obvious, the term “nice guy” is somewhat imperfect. Being self-assertive and confident or even showing a bit of bravado/swagger could go hand in hand with having a sound moral compass (which quite a few people may equate with niceness). There may be cultural divergences as well – if a culture values extroversion, then being nice may be connected to a willingness to take the lead in a conversation and doing your best to appear as a leader/display an optimistic mindset. In any case, I don’t think that you could go wrong with being nice, as long as there is no superficiality attached to it and you are not deceiving yourself to get your way, i.e. you are not compromising your principles or feigning interest in a sport (and then reneging on your promise to practice with her) in order to appeal to a girl. If you have the necessary social status or social capital (e.g. are a well-respected artist of a captain of the football team), it’s highly unlikely that treating a girl gallantly and with a lot of respect could backfire on you.

Thank you for the interesting comments and for sharing some personal stories!

Thank you for the interesting and highly relevant responses!

Lots of threads asking questions as if she's researching an assignment.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Quote: (11-17-2014 09:09 AM)getdownonit Wrote:  

100%

Check Megan's other posts:

While the meaning attached to it may seem obvious, the term “nice guy” is somewhat imperfect. Being self-assertive and confident or even showing a bit of bravado/swagger could go hand in hand with having a sound moral compass (which quite a few people may equate with niceness). There may be cultural divergences as well – if a culture values extroversion, then being nice may be connected to a willingness to take the lead in a conversation and doing your best to appear as a leader/display an optimistic mindset. In any case, I don’t think that you could go wrong with being nice, as long as there is no superficiality attached to it and you are not deceiving yourself to get your way, i.e. you are not compromising your principles or feigning interest in a sport (and then reneging on your promise to practice with her) in order to appeal to a girl. If you have the necessary social status or social capital (e.g. are a well-respected artist of a captain of the football team), it’s highly unlikely that treating a girl gallantly and with a lot of respect could backfire on you.

Thank you for the interesting comments and for sharing some personal stories!

Thank you for the interesting and highly relevant responses!

Lots of threads asking questions as if she's researching an assignment.

Exactly what I thought! I immediately checked the posts she had on here.

What's the forecast lookin like today?

Chicago Tribe.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Here's some previous efforts:

Was your approach to game fundamentally different when you were in high school as compared to today? Do you think that your exposure to PUA philosophy may have changed the way in which you view yourself and tend to be labeled by your peers, e.g. caused you/motivated it you to transform (yourself) from a “nice guy” into a “jock” or vice versa (I know these categories are rather arbitrary, but on occasions they are still used by others in order to define you in very general terms).

To what extent does (high school) bullying affect game?

In your experience, does it tend to be overrated or underrated as a contributing factor to the lack of game displayed by certain individuals or their unwillingness to use game? Obviously there are bound to be some negative effects such as reduced self-esteem, but do you believe that low-level bullying/mild teasing could be beneficial in terms of helping a person improve one’s social skills and staying calm under pressure?

Also, it is possible that guys who experience a lot of trouble fitting in due to bullying/have problems making male friends may be inclined to gravitate towards women from an early age (essentially seek female company and increase their interactions with women).

Don’t get me wrong; I am not condoning bullying (I am a bit of a geek myself – however, I didn’t have any problems in school in that respect and I was lucky enough to develop friendships with both “jocks” and more bookish types), though it could be potentially rewarding to examine the ways in which it may be used to one’s advantage with regard to acquiring gaming skills.

Quote: (09-03-2014 04:49 AM)Meganitix Wrote:  

I am trying to gain a better understanding of “game” and the underlying philosophy when it comes to it.

Have you developed your own definition of what constitutes “game”?

What is the best description of the term that you have ever come across?

My own understanding of it is threefold:

a) Loving yourself and letting others know it - inner harmony, ability to project confidence, creating the impression that you are a person who is well-adjusted, a non-defeatist outlook (realizing that one rejection is not the end of the world);

b)Interpersonal skills as applied to women – ability to hold down a conversation on a wide range of topics, improvisation and a willingness to change your approach according to the situation at hand;

c)Maximizing your potential desirability based on your appearance - marketing yourself and on rare occasions “manufacturing attraction”, for instance by choosing nice clothes, an appropriate haircut, etc.

Am I correct that “game” operates under the implicit assumption that women generally have a slightly more flexible definition as to what is considered “attractive” or “good-looking” compared to most men?

It is often said that females do not need to learn “game”, but I wonder whether this will continue to hold true in the future. Maybe once gender roles are less rigidly differentiated and it becomes socially acceptable for women to aggressively pursue/approach men, “female game” (“game” used by women) will be elevated to an object of study in its own right.

[Image: 56280447.jpg]

And for profiling purposes:

Quote: (09-17-2014 01:59 PM)Meganitix Wrote:  

This song could be considered beta, but I admit that it's my guilty pleasure and I cannot get it out of my head:

[Image: its-a-girl.gif]

Quote: (11-17-2014 05:52 AM)Meganitix Wrote:  

I am a heterosexual male

The fact that you even need to say this here means you are a [Image: troll.gif]

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Quote: (11-17-2014 09:15 AM)SteveMcMahon Wrote:  

This! Absolutely right! How perfect!

Chicago Tribe.

In before ban/closed thread

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

This should have been posted in the Newbie forum. You should have lurked here longer to figure out how the forum works.

Genre: Informal
Female = 272
Male = 418
Difference = 146; 60.57%
Verdict: MALE

Genre: Formal
Female = 351
Male = 486
Difference = 135; 58.06%
Verdict: Weak MALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

I think he is male, but this is not the correct subforum to post aloof gender-study junk like this. Actually this may not be the right forum period to post junk like this. No one here cares about that stuff. If you don't get banned, I suggest lurking alot more and getting a feel for the group in here before posting again.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (11-17-2014 09:29 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Female = 272
Male = 418
Difference = 146; 60.57%

Female = 351
Male = 486
Difference = 135; 58.06%

Where did this come from? Or rather can you explain this formula?

Chicago Tribe.

Quote: (11-17-2014 09:20 AM)Snowplow Wrote:  

Quote: (11-17-2014 09:15 AM)SteveMcMahon Wrote:  

This! Absolutely right! How perfect!

Thank you for your response! As a heterosexual male who enjoys sports and long meaningful heart to heart discussions while gazing deeply into the eyes of my soulmate, it made me squee! [Image: heart.gif]

Guys, can we all agree to respect women, guys? Guys? [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

This should have been posted in the Newbie forum. You should have lurked here longer to figure out how the forum works.

Female = 272
Male = 418
Difference = 146; 60.57%

Female = 351
Male = 486
Difference = 135; 58.06%

I think he is male, but this is not the correct subforum to post aloof gender-study junk like this. Actually this may not be the right forum period to post junk like this. No one here cares about that stuff. If you don't get banned, I suggest lurking alot more and getting a feel for the group in here before posting again.

That formula doesn't work though. Try it on any formal writing published by women, it usually gives a verdict of male.

Quote: (11-17-2014 09:33 AM)Snowplow Wrote:  

Female = 272
Male = 418
Difference = 146; 60.57%

Female = 351
Male = 486
Difference = 135; 58.06%

Where did this come from? Or rather can you explain this formula?

http://www.hackerfactor.com/GenderGuesser.php#Analyze

Always give it a whirl if you think someone is a female on the forum. Never hurts to get a computer's opinion. [Image: lol.gif]

1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (11-17-2014 09:35 AM)SteveMcMahon Wrote:  

Female = 272
Male = 418
Difference = 146; 60.57%

Female = 351
Male = 486
Difference = 135; 58.06%

That formula doesn't work though. Try it on any formal writing published by women, it usually gives a verdict of male.

Yeah it's not perfect. the topic can be feminine but the writing be in a masculine style. Hence everyone's BS alarms tripping all over the place over this guy.

I tried it on Little Dark's writing:

Female = 0
Male = 765
Difference = 0; 100%
Verdict: HOLY FUCK, IT'S CHUCK NORRIS!

^stop it your killing me

I acknowledge that women are objectively more beautiful than men and a higher percentage of women are above average when it comes to attractiveness compared to their male counterparts”.

Can't say for sure if OP is a troll. I can say with 100% certainty that OP has bad arithmetic and flunked statistics class.

OP's math is off. In reality both genders have the same % of their respective members above average, average and below average. His math doesn't work out. If above average = those above the 50 percentile..that leaves 49% above no matter what gender. He has completely twisted and made SUBJECTIVE his estimations.

I guess he would make a good employee of the Federal reserve!

Quote: (11-17-2014 05:52 AM)Meganitix Wrote:  

Would you find it annoying/puzzling if a straight woman compared your own appearance unfavorably with that of a girlfriend of hers?

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Some people will never understand how the masculine mind works.