rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NHL 2014-2015 Season Thread

FINALLY!! It's opening day !

Kings raise a banner tonight, Sharks looking for revenge against them.

Another rivalry game on the east coast Bruins vs. Flyers.

What division do you think is the strongest this year ?

Who do you think takes the cup this year ?

delete

Quote: (10-08-2014 04:19 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Tough one. Western Conference for sure.

Either LA or CHI; the West will beat whoever comes out of the East.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

How did all the best hockey teams end up in the West? Chicago is the only original 6 on this side, most of these other teams have relatively poor fan support compared to Eastern conf. teams (Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Philly, Pittsburg, etc). Even Los Angeles had poor TV ratings in their 2nd cup run in three years.

Quote: (10-08-2014 04:33 PM)YossariansRight Wrote:  

Tough one. Western Conference for sure.

Either LA or CHI; the West will beat whoever comes out of the East.

Yeah they showed the WC power rankings and put the Blues ahead of the Ducks, that has to be a joke. Kings and Hawks are definitely strong that's for sure.

I'm trying to go to the stadium series between the sharks and kings. I went last year for the ducks and kings.

Sharks new dark blue jerseys pictured below.

[Image: kermit.gif]

Quote: (10-08-2014 04:39 PM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

How did all the best hockey teams end up in the West? Chicago is the only original 6 on this side, most of these other teams have relatively poor fan support compared to Eastern conf. teams (Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Philly, Pittsburg, etc). Even Los Angeles had poor TV ratings in their 2nd cup run in three years.

With the salary cap fan base doesn't matter all that much. Teams like the Rangers can't buy success like they used to, so things evened out. I don't think the gap between East and West is as bad as people make it seem, it switches year-to-year. West has the East beat on depth no problem, but Boston and Pittsburgh can compete with anyone, which is all that matters.

For best division it is either Central or Pacific. I personally would pick Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, and St. Louis over Anaheim, LA, and San Jose. Chicago and LA are the safe picks for the cup, but I'd like to see St. Louis win it. Statsny could bounce back a little and give them the offense they've been lacking. I'm a Bruins fan though, so I'd prefer them. They should have an easy time with their new division too, which is good. Losing Boychuk is a big loss though.

Any guesses on scoring leaders or anything? I'm predicting a first-time winner. Taveres or Seguin most likely. I'm also expecting a further slide by Ovi. I'm so tired of borderline fans in DC worshipping the guy. He's a negative player even with the powerplay goals, and for that he's collecting one of the highest cap hits in the league. So much to spend on a guy who's checked out.

yes. another year of frustration as a flames fan.

my current prediction is that they drop even lower than the 4th last finish from last season.

As a Caps fan, I'm interested to see what Barry Trotz can do with a legitimate weapon like Ovechkin.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

Hah Kings shutout at home by the Sharks.

Hopeful my Ducks can get a W on the road against the Pens.

^ Yah, a little late but Sharks fans finally can celebrate that 4th win they needed last year.

I hope they enjoy skating under our TWO banners for the rest of the season!

Showtime!!!!!!
[Image: KaneWristShot.jpg]

Welp my ducks got almost blown out yesterday 4-6 against the Pens.

Gibson can't stop all the goals on his own, his D wasn't there down in the paint when he needed them.

At least Kesler got the first Ducks goal and Perry got a hat trick.

Quote: (10-08-2014 05:58 PM)Hedonistic Traveler Wrote:  

West has the East beat on depth no problem, but Boston and Pittsburgh can compete with anyone, which is all that matters.

Anaheim, LA, Chicago, STL, and maybe even the Avalanche would beat beat either of those teams in a Final, although Boston would have a good chance against Colo and maybe Stl/Chi. The Pens would have NO chance except maybe vs the Avs. Anaheim would MURDER them in a 7 game series. The Pens are not physical enough to win and that's why they haven't been to the final in 5 years. (LOL@ it being Dan Bylsma's fault)

Quote: (10-08-2014 06:34 PM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  

my current prediction is that they drop even lower than the 4th last finish from last season.

It could be worse
[Image: eakins.jpg]

The easiest money bet in the world is when the Kings play the Oilers.

The Oilers play well against a lot of teams, but the Kings just wade in their blood.

OK kaotic it's on! Kings vs Ducks first game this season.

Quote: (10-17-2014 02:44 AM)Stun Wrote:  

It could be worse
[Image: eakins.jpg]

I remember when Dallas Eakins was supposed to be the saviour of Edmonton and all the Canucks fans were pissed off cause he choose them.

EDM needs a top 10-15 veteran goalie to cover up all the weaknesses defensively. Scrivens sucks.

I think they made a huge mistake drafting Yakupov over Ryan Murray or not trading the pick away/trading down.

McDavid [Image: tard.gif]

Calgary is so far away from being a contender, if I was you I would actually be pissed off they are getting all these points right now. It's obvious they won't come to close to making the playoffs.

Quote: (11-12-2014 11:11 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

McDavid [Image: tard.gif]

Calgary is so far away from being a contender, if I was you I would actually be pissed off they are getting all these points right now. It's obvious they won't come to close to making the playoffs.

Yeah, I can't see them being top-8 in the West, it's stacked.

I was always a BC fan, but I'm happy to see Johnny Gaudreau is playing well. At least you guys aren't the Panthers, you have some talent to watch.

Did you guys see that Seth Griffith goal? I'm biased as a Bruins fan but I thought it was nasty.

Of course Tarasenko's goal was probably better, but it was nice to see.

Any of you guys fans of the Avs? I was expecting a better year from them. I know it's early but they seem like they're dead in the water.

Damn I wish this thread had more post like the NFL and NBA thread.

Anyways, it appears the group in Las Vegas is getting close to reaching their goal of 10,000 season tickets needed to get an NHL team. There are a lot of big names supporting getting a team like Dana White, Daniel Negreanu, Floyd Mayweather, the Maaloufs, and a lot more. I'd love a team to be in Las Vegas I would make a few trips per season to check out some games there.

AHL just opened a new team in San Diego, should be exciting.

Meanwhile the Ducks beat the Red Wings in an OT shootout [Image: wink.gif]

my prediction was obviously totally wrong with the flames overachieving hugely so far.

that said i still suspect that they will be one of the teams dropping out of the playoffs when all is said and done. the western conference and in particular the pacific division is just so strong. don't want to see them make it only to be dropped like a bad habit in four games anyway.

Dude what's up with the Preds ? Came out of nowhere !

I just found out we robbed Montreal of Sekac for our Smith Pelley whose been having a horrible season.

Quote: (02-24-2015 05:14 PM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  

my prediction was obviously totally wrong with the flames overachieving hugely so far.

that said i still suspect that they will be one of the teams dropping out of the playoffs when all is said and done. the western conference and in particular the pacific division is just so strong. don't want to see them make it only to be dropped like a bad habit in four games anyway.

Ryan miller out for a month... Hope remains for the flames!