rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Hamburg Chronicles: Aug/Dec 2014

So this will be the first time I've spent abroad since taking the redpill and finally starting to learn my way around the secrets of game. I'll be able to post regularly about experiences, local tips, things to do/see ... and, of course, my experiences gaming in Hamburg and all over Germany.

A bit about myself: early 20's, white, 6'2", roughly 190lbs. I started to discover game roughly three years ago, when I happened upon a copy of Rules of the Game, Neil Strauss' sequel book to his famous (infamous?) book The Game. From there I bounced from resource to resource, learning and applying what I could, when I could ... and now, three years later, I find myself on this forum, having learned a lot but wanting to take myself to the next level.

As I'm writing this in the departure lounge of Toronto Pearson International Airport, they're calling my flight to Frankfurt now - so gotta cut it short.

To Deutschland!!

HSLD

First full day in Hamburg - just focusing on setting stuff up now and getting settled in.

University semesters here in Germany don't start until October, so it'll be over a month before I even start classes. Dunno how the prospects for day/night game will be with students away on holidays and whatnot - but still, its one of Germany's largest cities. Plenty of opportunities to be had, I figure.

Will update once I get the chance to run some game and see how it is initially.

HSLD

Will follow the thread with keen eyes. Good luck dude

DAY 4: 22/08/2014

TL;DR - First full day of gaming in Hamburg. Got to walk around downtown during the day sightseeing and hit the Reeperbahn at night. Wasn't able to land anything - managed to get a number and what I though was a good prospect but she "I-have-a-bf"-d when I went for the kiss. Said she'd be down to hang with me if I ever needed a girl to get entry to the more upscale clubs here. Early days....

FULL REPORT:

So this was my first day of gaming in Hamburg - indeed, my first real time ever gaming in a foreign country at all. Started off the day sightseeing with the other exchange students here - two others from Canada and four from the United States. We walked around the downtown since we had to go to the Hamburg Welcome Centre to register with the local government - apparently I need to get a proper visa from the German authorities since I'll be staying here longer than three months - NATO travel orders notwithstanding.

After finishing our sojourn to the office (we have to go back on 9/11, go figure - wonder if he was just trolling the Americans in our group [Image: dodgy.gif]) we walked to St. Michaelis Church, off Ludwig-Erhard Strasse, to see the observation deck at the top of the spire - one of the highest points in the city. While taking photos there I managed to open one British girl - roughly 25ish, slim, brunette. I overheard her friend wanting to take good photos of the skyline - so I ever-so-helpfully suggested that she could grab some awesome panoramic shots from the deck above us (situational openers are awesome when they work out.) She obliges, and I chat up her friend for roughly 5 or so minutes about touring Hamburg - I end up pointing out the Atlantic Hotel featured in Tomorrow Never Dies, and it turns out we're both huge Bond fans. She ended up excusing herself to go find her friend, and I decided not to push for the number since she was leaving the next day.

I head back with my group to our dorm and crash for several hours (I've never really been good with jetlag), thinking I'll rest up for when we head out later. Turns out the others in the group end up pussying out and not wanting to go. Well, shit. I decide to bite the bullet and fly solo tonight - but for the first part of the night, I`ll be heading out with our group minder who offers to drive me down.

We head over first to the Hamburger Dom, a really big local festival that's basically the same all over the world - rollercoasters, alcohol, over-priced deep-fried food, etc. We walk around until roughly 9ish when we head over to the Reeperbahn - she gives me a quick sightseeing/info tour of the place before we head to Thomas Read's Irish pub, one of the places that I saw mentioned in the main Hamburg data sheet and had been meaning to check out. We go there and grab a beer each - it's early and full of old people. We finish and walk out - I say goodbye to her and she heads back as I walk around solo-dolo.

I ended up finding this one divebar called Soundgarden No.9 on one of the sidestreets - tried opening up a group of chicks in sailor's costumes. Turns out they were part of a bachelorette party - I hold them for maybe a minute before they scamper off. (Right now, given my extremely limited German I'm opening at night with Roosh's "you look like you speak English" opener. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.)

I head back towards the main street, weaving my way through groups of marauding hookers (yeah, it's legal here in Germany). Christ if they're not persistent - I had one girl follow me for virtually an entire block before she got the point that I wasn't interested. I ended up in line at Moondoo nightclub, not realizing almost until it was too late that guys usually won't get in without a girl with them. I end up next to this solid 9 at the front - she realizes I'm a tourist and tells me in flawless English to pretend I'm with her so I can get in - just before the bouncer almost led me out. Once we get inside, I turn around to thank her - she's already gone. Ugh.

I take three steps in and my jaw drops. Holy.Fucking.Shit.ExclamationPoint.

I can honestly say I've never seen such a boatload of eminent talent in one place before. Literally wall-to-wall 7s,8s,and9s. Whoever thinks there aren't any attractive German girls definitely needs to come to Hamburg. And because the bouncers don't let guys in unless they're with girls - it's as close to 1:1 ratio as I've ever seen before. I found it physically hard to find a chick that wasn't unambiguously bangable. I grab myself a massive glass of gin and tonic (at €10, it's expensive, but if your goal isn't to get trashed it'll suit you fine, trust me) and get to work.

Of the approaches I managed to run the following stand out:
- I ran back into the girl who helped me out earlier about 10 minutes in. Tried re-engaging her but by then I'd already lost her interest. I got about a minute before getting backturned.

- There was one girl that approached me in English - I don't remember exacly what we talked about but she was from Denmark. She seemed to be vibing well with me - at least until I got blatantly and rudely cockblocked by her friend, who gave me a death glare that could make rocks explode as she pulled her friend away. Guess Roosh was right about Danish chicks...

- The one good interaction I had was with a girl that happened to be behind me as I was trying to push my way through a crowd near the washroom. I look back at her, she smiles, I smile back and take her hand as we push through together, and we ended up talking on a couch for roughly 20 or so minutes, I think. Mostly just stuff about school and Hamburg and me being a foreigner and whatnot. She was trying to shoo off a friend that came to find her, which I took as a good sign - when she gave me her number she went on for emphatically for something like 30sec about how it was a real number, how she wasn't like other German girls that would lead guys on, and so on.

Figure the kiss would be a shoo-in, right? Nope. She dropped the BF line just as I tried. Goddammit. I'm pretty sure I didn't physically escalate enough. Need to fix that for next time. Regardless, she said she was happy to hang out together and show me around - or if I happened to need a girl to get into a place like Moondoo again.

That's basically how my first night went. Could have been worse - wished it could have been better. Basic takeaways:
- Opening in German seemed to work better - even if it was just asking in German if they could speak English. I think learning enough German to hold a conversation for a minute or so and then seguing into English is the way to go from here on in.
- Grinding or dancefloor approaches like you see in the West doesn't seem to be a thing here. The only guys that I saw trying to do something like that looked to be either of immigrant or foreign background. (Maybe its different in other venues, I don't know.)
- Did I mention the quality of the talent? If you like slim blondes, holy shit is this the place for you.
- Moondoo itself seems like a dream for game structurally-wise. Hot chicks, as good as a ratio as you could realistically expect - the top floor of the club (there are two) is set-up like a cul-de-sac, so if you can place yourself strategically at the stem you have a shot at opening virtually every girl in the club if you're lucky (or early enough.) There are couches and in-wall receptacles around for if you're isolating, the drinks themselves are fucking massive ... if you have tight nightgame, a good social circle, and can speak good German, this is probably the only club you need to go to in Hamburg.

In any case, that's it for my first night report. Any comments, queries, questions, tips, etc. greatly appreciated, as always.

HSLD

Check out these datasheets
Hamburg datasheet
Hunter7 and I dropped a bunchf of data there.
I Studied in hamburg under similar pretenses as you..
I also spent a month their earlier this summer.
2014 specifically here where I came back to hamburg and started writing about it again

Homebase in Hamburg
This is the thread I started before i left and as I was there.
It could possibly answer a lot of questions.
if you wanna get a feel for the city quick and easy..
take notes on stuff thats said in this thread

Direct game in germany
More game knowledge

I know the General area that you are living in and I can tell you.. logistic wise it sucks.
You are most likely not gonna get a ONS at your own place.
It cost like 25-30 euro to get back to that area.. and its a 30 minute trip.
Train/bus takes like an hour at night.

The reeperbahn is a great places..Ive gotten a couple ONS by going to the chicks houses.
lots of university people live closer in the area.
The wandsbek area is the closes to ghetto you can get.

Honestly.. my advice would be.. if you can.. take the free time you have right now to meet some of the guys in your house.. but do some traveling.
Get a trip knocked out ahead of time. while europe still has some warmth to it.
The reeperbahn will always be there.
Sternschanze will always be there.

If you have never been to europe
cheap flights and deals thread
San help you spot easy flights to places on the cheap
Bahn website in german
There are some differences in the bahn website in german compared to the english one. i often used google translate because sometimes deals were cheaper on the german side.

You sent me a PM
Im gonna answer questions in my opinion publicly.
Some of these I answer in much more detail in the above threads also

1.Ease/commonness of ONS/SNL? Is it the same as the Anglosphere or are the girls here less likely to go along with something like that?

I would say that is harder to get ONS in german. Germans are a cold and fickle,logical people.
It had much better luck we getting a makeout..talking and banging her on a proper date.
90 percent of my second dates were bangs..where the girl invited me to her place.
You have lots of free time..Dates where you walk the city or go to ikea are easy and cheap...cause hamburg is expensive as fuck

2 - Dance versus talking approaches - does one or the other work better, in your experience?
I dont know about Canada.. but their is rarely and grinding in germany.
Youre gonna fail if you put your dick on a chicks ass and hope for the best.
Germans/europeans..love to dance in circle groups.

3 - Cockblocking - is it as blatant as it is in the Anglosphere?
cockblockig doesnt seem to happen much..because german guys have no game at all. but they love to get drunk and then talk.
girls will cockblock with language skills.. since you dont speak the language as well.. they will just dominate you out of the convo by switching the language

4 - I've read before that German girls are really reserved, and that it's hard to get much out of them when running an approach. Is that true, and if so, to what extent?
germans period are cold.. play up the foreign aspect and youl be forgiven sometimes for being a little more direct.
like i said..its hard to get ONS but its not hard to talk for a little while and get the girl to give you her number for whatsapp....then get a proper date

5 - Another thing that I've read is that if you show you that you have a high level of intelligence with your approach, that it definitely helps with German girls. Is there any truth to that, and if so, to what extent?
Youre in university.. you already have a decent leverl of intelligence.
being a university student trying to learn the language ll show you have at least a little intelligence.
I never went out of my way to try to play logical games with german girls.

6 - Ease/usefulness of night versus day game? Which one do you think likely leads to better/more results?
Both are the same to me.. but both are much more difficult than many other countries.
germans are shy during the day.. suspiccious and not very curious. expect to do a lot of talking. but dont share to many personal details.
its not in german mindset to start talking about personal stuff soon.
Night game.. i was almost always indirect.
direct game doesnt work super well unless the setting are perfect

7 - Is the expected girl quality any better than in Anglosphere countries, or roughly the same, or somewhat worse?
people hate on germany hard. But hamburg is a different breed. Go to Jungfernstieg during the day time. The quality is almost always top notch.
girls in hamburg look much better than most places other guys will go on their tourist trails of german castles.
But crossing over to central europe..youll see a much different standard of femininity.
I will say.. I use to rave and defend germany to a high regard, because i spent so much time there and understood the place.
I can always go back and pull high quality girls there and speak the language extremely well.
But in my recent spare time. Ive lived in Budapest for 2.5 months and traveled to many central and EE countries.
and the quality here is better than germany as a whole...but hamburg easily holds it own to other countries

keep updating..If you dropp a description of me around where you are..i wouldnt be surprised if people still remember some of my antics or saw me around.
Those guys will treat you right. Hopefully you have a solid friend there in the program that can go out and travel regularly.
Germans know how to party.. but they are diligent about their work..so if you dont have a friend with the same time as you...you are gonna be going out alone often.
That train ride to the reeperbahn takes a toll on the body.

Alll the clubs and bars re still around.. but theres bound to be new places and youre bound to learn new stuff and contribute to the forum and the thread.

Im excited to see how you get around over there

also.. i have a blog post on a bunch of my thougts on germans
Analyzing a Culture: The Germans

A long with a post of my first night in germany
Hopefully its some motivation for you to get out there and game.. Youre gonna have some wild times in Hamburg
First night in germany 1/2
First night in german 2/2

Alll the clubs and bars re still around.. but theres bound to be new places and youre bound to learn new stuff and contribute to the forum and the thread.

Im excited to see how you get around over there

I PMed you a link/blog with my personal notes and such from years ago. its gotten a little outdated, but there might be some maps and stuff that i never shared with the forum there.

I am the cock carousel

Going out later tonight. Will update if I manage to score anything.

HSLD

g36 is a great piece of machinery.
haha yea..the German army women aren't worth shit in the field but at least some of them look good.

I met quite a few enlisted girls that hung around the area.
I never touched any of them though..
university of Hamburg girls all the way

I am the cock carousel

Great report from sourcecode

DAY 11: 29/08/2014

Early part of the day was spent getting back from our field ex that I had been part of the last week - got back, showered, and got some grocery shopping done. I'm still blown away by how cheap supermarket food is here compared to Canada - which I guess is good considering I'm going to be making my own meals now (to be honest, for the first time in my life.) Anyways, 8:00pm eventually rolls around and I decide to head downtown - scope some more clubs and try my luck at the local girls again. I decided to roll out more dressed-up this time - first time I was just in a v-neck T shirt w/ hoodie. This time its collared shirt with waistcoat (aside: these things are awesome for dressing up without having to go full-suited) and some dark-coloured pants to finish off.

Head to the U-Bahn and end up downtown - and what do you know, its raining. Fuck. I swear to god it rains at some point almost every day in this city. As it turns out, none of the clubs in Hamburg open until 11:00pm, so I spent the better part of two hours aimlessly walking around, trying to find a bar that looks like it has a good crowd. I ended up at a music bar right next to Halo Club on Grosse Freiheit, about a stone's throw away from the Beatlesplatz. Tried opening twice here - one German girl was friendly but left after a few minutes, and one girl (who said she was Russian) didn't speak any English.

My original plan had been to check out either Neidklub or Halo, but I tried getting into both (both times with no line queue in front) and was promptly turned away. Didn't even ask for ID. It seems like the higher-end clubs here in Hamburg take the "guys-need-girls-to-get-in" seriously. Dunno if that's the way it is in the rest of Germany as well. Anybody able to comment on this? In any case, I found a fairly good line in front of this place called Club Hamburg, on the Reeperbahn, where I was able to get in. I post up at the bar and go with Roosh-style approaches on girls who come nearby to grab drinks.

I knock off a couple more approaches that end up going nowhere, until I notice this petite blond chick (7-7.5) a few feet away from me ordering drinks. Open her, and she opens pretty warmly (at least, considering nothing else has been going so far.) I go with the easy "trying-to-find-good-nightlife-spots" opener, basically trying to use that to segue into being a foreigner in Hamburg and whatnot. Her two drunk friends keep trying to pull her away, but to her credit she stays rooted and keeps talking with me.

We dance together for a bit before she suggests smoking some cigs together - its a good chance to isolate from her friends so I go for it. Grab a pack of Gauloises and head to a bench out of sight of her friends to keep chatting. Up to this point I had done some light kino with arm touches while chatting - at this point I figure its time to ramp up the directness, and I have my arm across her waist as we're sitting down chatting. I decide to ask if she has a boyfriend (aside: I don't know if this is too direct, but I figure I might as well use it to screen at 5-10 minutes in so I don't end up wasting gaming time with marathon conversations that end nowhere - like on D4.) She says she's currently dating someone, but only since a few weeks ago. It's ambiguous, but I decide to keep going since she's the best prospect I've gotten so far tonight.

By this point we're talking about German guys and girls and the local dating culture as opposed to Canada (have to remember to keep using this topic in future - its pretty good for convos) - she's going on about how she would never kiss before the first /second date, how German girls aren't sluts like American or Canadian girls, etc. - all this time I'm just smiling and nodding whenever and thinking pffft, yah right. She's talking about how she doesn't like German guys and I ended up asking her what she thinks of me. She says I seem really nice and that I come off as really "classy", in her words. I like that. She leans her head on my shoulder, I put my face against hers, and we start making out. So much for no-kiss-till-first-date, I guess. Not that I'm complaining, haha.

At this point one of her friends comes over and starts drunkenly making out with her, in what I'm pretty sure was a last-ditch attempt at a drunken cockblock. I just end up nonchalantly smoking my cig while the two go at it for a minute or so until my girl pushes her off and she goes away. Explains it by saying that German girls make out with each other all the time when they're drunk. Personally I doubt that. Problem is, she wants to go take care of her friends - but she says she wants to meet tomorrow evening, go to a cinema or drinking or such. Usually, I'd press to stay with her, but I'm surprised at the soonness of the offer enough to let it go (plus, as Sourcecode mentioned, I shouldn't be expecting ONS/SNL as a given.) We exchange numbers, and I leave to keep wheeling elsewhere.

At this point it seems most of the people are out on the Reeperbahn itself, so after tooling around for a while trying to find another good bar I decide to run some nightstreet game. Ended up chatting with the one sober chick in a group of drunk girls (who were speaking in Spanish for some reason.) Got her number, but she dropped the IHABF as she did. Didn't ask for my name so I didn't bother saving it. Walked around for a bit more and decided to call it a night. Nearly fell asleep on the U4 and missed my train station from lack of sleep, ugh.

Texted the blonde chick this afternoon to meetup. Flake. Gave me some excuse that her family was coming up from Dusseldorf and she "forgot." Like I haven't heard that before. Another one bites the dust. Figure she had buyer's remorse cause she didn't want to feel like she was playing two guys. Can't really blame her, I guess.

So, thoughts on my time so far:

1) It seems like the optimal wheeling strategy for German girls is opening super-indirect and ramping up directness about 10-15 minutes in. Too direct initially and you'll scare them off; too indirect for too long and they don't seem to realize you're trying to wheel them (at least, that's what I've understood from reading on the forum about German girls, and my admittedly limited experiences so far.) The directness is necessary to get the point across to them that you're interested.
2) German girls seem more than willing to talk to you at length even if they have a boyfriend and have no intention or thought of sleeping with you - as opposed to Anglosphere chicks who will basically leave at the drop of a hat. I need to make sure I keep trying to screen for chicks without BFs. (Though I don't know if flat-out asking them is the best method.)
3) Smoking cigarettes is an awesome way to isolate chicks without having to buy drinks. Seems like most if not all the chicks smoke here. I'm not a smoker per se, but if it helps the interaction I don't mind smoking the occasional one or two per outing.
4) I'm tempted to try the "afterparty-at-your-place" move for chicks that I pre-suspect for flaking when trying to set up a Day2 - if anyone on the forum has experience with using that on German chicks it'd be cool to know.

Also trying to setup a meet in late September with some fellow RVF'ers in Berlin - will update with how that goes. Probably try my hand again tonight - because, why the fuck not.

As always, any questions, comments, queries, etc. are welcome.

HSLD

Youre on the right track...
Unless youre really lucky.. expect a lot of night like that.
You get a number.. she flakes ect.

Youve got a lot of time.
Dont forget to pipeline. Tinder,Lovoo,OKC

I dont know if ive mentoned Lovoo.
I think is a german app...or germans populate the shit out of it.
I hear its picking up big there

I am the cock carousel

Yeah, Lovoo is German. They're based in Dresden, I believe. There's way more people on that than on Tinder in some cities. I get more matches and likes on Lovoo than I do on Tinder, and every now and then, a girl will message me. But when I respond, they stop responding. A couple agreed to meet up, and then either never respond again, or never read the message.

I reckon that my not speaking German doesn't help. I tried to screen by writing the languages I do speak fluently ("English/Francais") on the little box where you can write something, but yeah, nothing much to report.

Rytech, I think that the "you need a (hot?) girl" to get in thing is likely a big city thing. In smaller cities, you just walk in, nobody cares. I've seen groups of guys go in no problem.

Yep, +1 for the cigarette isolation. People smoke a lot here. It's a pretty expensive habit to have, at 5 euros a pack. Though I hear that's only a fraction of what they cost in Canada. You'll find that lots of people roll, and they also really like their organic shit. University students love their BIO stuff. So brands like American Spirit and Pueblo, which are "ohne Zusatze" are really popular.

And my flakes are either "no response" or "weirdly specific", as in "I'm sorry I can't make it today, because I don't feel emotionally available, having gotten out of a relationship only a week ago. I don't want to lead you on, and I hope you understand." or "I'm sorry, but as I was getting ready, I realized that I had not seen my rabbit for over an hour. I saw the balcony door open, and to my dismay, Bibi was laying flat on the ground. What was left of her anyway."

(joking, but the thing about her parents coming is not uncommon)

And yes again, regarding time wasters. Some girls just love talking to foreign guys, or practicing their English. They're totally OK with spending some time with you, and then letting you know they have a boyfriend. But it's not necessarily a complete waste of time. If you meet a cool girl, you can use her as an "in" into her group, and maybe she can hook you up with her friends, or you can have an easier time gaming them, because you're no longer a "suspicious foreigner".

Also, girls night out are very common. Even in my small town, I see them a lot. The bridesmaids or big groups of girls. In Hamburg, I saw a bunch of girls walking around with t-shirts (or something wrapped around them, or both), which said "Girls on Tour". The "on tour" thing is probably them directly translating "fahrt" to English. Somebody once referred "Kohlfahrt" as "cabbage tour", and it took me a while to realize what she meant. Anyway, I generally avoid those types.

Regarding the flakes and buyer's remorse. I think it was around December last year. I went to Paddy's in Bremen, close to the train station. Met a cool Mexican dude there, had a few drinks, and did a couple of approaches. The guy told me that he always pushes for the ONS. He said he was a bit beta, and thought he should try to wait after some dates, but he soon realized that the girls just didn't care. So he pushed for the ONS all the time, and got laid this way. He also noticed that when he didn't succeed in getting the lay that same night, the girls just flaked. Or something along the lines of that.

My going out frequency dropped dramatically after my first few months, and I definitely needed some down time. Anyway, those are just a few musings and things I've been thinking about for when I get back soon.

On Bremen..Ive been to Bremen a couple times.
It solely a university place..full of erasmus students.. since the city is small.. they have a bigger presence than Hamburg.

Paddy's is also straight up college pub. I know a girl that works there...things get crazy in a way different than the reeperbahn and the crowds can usually be younger
The people there.and the clubs round it ARE easier because college girls live in the area and are more comfortable with foreigners and erasmus people.,plus everyone lives pretty close to the areas.

I am the cock carousel

Good thread, Anyone else who ever traveled knows comparing an anglo girl with a german (more so from northern germany) is like comparing a second hand Ford Escort to a newbrand Porsche Carrera GT.

Thanks for the heads up. I read your Bremen datasheet a while back, but anyway, I'll make sure I hit up that place more often. There was a Greek barmaid there who I thought was pretty hot.

What are the logistics like, for pulling out of Paddy's? Just take the tram to wherever she lives? Did you notice whether many of them were on bikes or not?

UPDATE: Haven't been able to run much in the way of game in the last week or so. Been having meetings and briefings related to the exchange all the time. On top of which I'm now trying to fight off a sore throat which is making it really hard for me to talk sometimes. [Image: confused.gif]

I'll probably end up refraining from going out this weekend and try to get back up to full health - it'll help me conserve funds and besides - I have plenty of time here. No sense going off half-cocked, I figure.

Will let you guys know how it goes.

HSLD

DAY 18 - 05/09/2014

My throat's still feeling kinda sore, but I got invited to go out with a group of Germans and I've been feeling somewhat better, so I decided .. hell, why not.

To put the night mildly, it was a bust. Though the mixed group was good (4 guys, 3 girls) the bars that we went to were pretty bad for game - either virtually empty or with a crowd that looked way older than us. For the early part of the night I was reduced to trying to make conversation with a painfully awkward 18-year old - things were not going well.

At some point around 1:30am I basically got fed up with my situation and decided to slip out - I eventually ended up back at Club Hamburg (again) since I had seen there had been a fairly good line earlier. I get in and post up at my by-now usual spot - I ran roughly 5 approaches in 2 hours but nothing was hooking. Either the girls didn't speak English or they would get immediately pulled away by their friends. There wasn't that much talent to work on to begin with, since they were playing rap/hip-hop all night and the place was packed with African and Turkish-looking guys trying to grind with chicks on the dancefloor.

So that was that night.

In other news:
- Did some sightseeing earlier this week and I believe I've found a good spot for daygaming - the area around the Hamburger Rathausmarkt, just near the Jungfernstieg U-Bahn station. The area's pretty picturesque, really open, it has tons of cafes and places to insta-date targets, and there's a fairly large mall (Europa Passage) right nearby as well for doing indoor day game. Huge amount of people moving through the area - until classes start and the University of Hamburg opens up I figure this'll be where I focus my eventual daygame efforts. Anyone have other ideas as to good places for Hamburg daygame?

- Finally managed to secure an apartment for the Berlin meetup on 26-28 September. It's in the Friedrichshain district right next to many of Berlin's best clubs and bars - it was a bit pricier than what I had hoped to pay (~$250CAD for the two days) but it's actually a pretty solid-looking apartment so it all balances out. I'm looking forward to finally meeting other RVFers and getting to learn from others.

HSLD

DAY 19 - 06/09/2014

Finally decided to break out some daygame.

Location: Rathausmarkt near Jungfernstieg U-Bahn/S-Bahn station
# of Approaches: 6
- 3 no-hooks
- 2 blow-outs
- 1 (very long) insta-date
Opener Used: Standard "Do-you-speak-English" followed by tourist question.

Comments:
- The insta-date approach was the second-last one I had made that day - I was asking for directions to St. Michaelis Church (famous sightseeing spot in Hamburg). As it turned out, she opened extremely warmly (she wasn't from Hamburg, but was working on an internship here) and asked if she could take me there. No complaints here, haha.

We ended up taking the better part of three hours together - which was surprising to me considering that was actually the first time I've ever insta-dated a chick off the street. We ended up grabbing coffee together and then going up and seeing the tower together and snapping some pics. Thought it was going well until I tried going for her number. Turned out she was leaving the city in three weeks and that it "wasn't worth it" going on a date if she was leaving then. I couldn't even be frustrated at her since she actually had a really sweet, feminine personality the entire time - really nice girl. I ended up friending her on FB and she said she'd be down to go drinking together sometime soon - also willing to help me get into the harder nightclubs here.

In other news:
- Girl from D4 texted me before I went out wondering how I've been. She also, apparently, is down to go clubbing together. Will see how that goes.
- Decided to try restart-texting the girl from D11. Nothing from her.

I haven't been doing as well as I had been hoping for so far - but I'm thinking that once October rolls around and all the students come to Hamburg it'll be a lot better.

HSLD

DAY 21 - 08/09/2014

Throat's officially healed up, so at least I'm good to go in that department.

More daygame. Roughly 7 or so approaches over the course of 3 hours. Same place as before - the Rathausmarkt/Jungfernsteig station. No blowouts this time, but I still haven't been able to make anything worthwhile stick.

Highlights from today's daygame session:
- First girl I opened turned out to be a Lithuanian student - on exchange like myself. She was nice enough but wasn't giving me anything to work with off my attempts at rambling. She ended up excusing herself politely after a few minutes.
- I had two approaches where the targets ended up offering to walk me to the church (basically insta-dating themselves), but both times, it turned out that they were in Hamburg for the weekend/leaving within 1-2 days. Apparently, that's been my luck so far. I ended up giving my number to the second one even though she was leaving the next day - I had half-heartedly mentioned potentially being in Munich in two weeks and she said she could text me but refused to give me her number.
- The rest of the approaches ended up being either 1) them not knowing where it was, and immediately politely excusing themselves, or 2) them knowing exactly where it was, giving me extremely precise directions, and immediately politely excusing themselves.
- Another good part of the night was after I finished daygaming downtown - I went to my first beginner-level German language class. There was a cute brunette with glasses sitting in the row in front of me - waited to the end of class and opened her as we were walking down the steps. Turns out she's from France, so I busted out some of my conversational-level(ish) French and she ended up opening pretty well. Our next class is Wednesday, two days from now - figure I'll go for the number then. We'll see how it goes.

HSLD

I think you're hitting the wrong clubs.
I know these kind of posh german clubs, that potray themselves as exclusive and indeed have a above average looking crowd of females. Don't let yourself distract by them and the nice ambiente of those clubs. They're not good for pick up. You can go weeks and months to those places and if there's anything you get it's a handful of flakes.

Try hitting the student clubs. IMO much better for pick ups in germany. Crowd will be much more casual and females also much easier going, although not so high concetration of hot girls.
But it doesn't matter that much because they'll be also more pleasant to talk to.
You'll notice the difference immediatly and pulling will go easier.
Ask around a bit, maybe even use it as a daygame opening line.

Another tip is to use dancegame in the club, but you must know how it works. Not guaranteed those will work in the posh clubs, for me it works atleast two times better in the student clubs.
First get sure to make two, three times eye contact with the girl (important!) then go up to her (NOT from behind, but in such a position that she has you somewhere in the corner of her eye, so that she knows, or alteast assumes that it could be you), take her hand and let her make a pirouette.
Be sure to smile, be sure to have a aloof attitude, you really don't need to dance, try just to stand there bounce a bit like you're listening to your ipod and waiting for the bus, take her hand like you know her already for years (not too fast not too slow, like when you'd receive a change after paying), have the witty smirk already before she sees you on your face, and let her do the pirouette.
Works like a charm. Some girls will have a quite insecure facial expressions, do the pirouette but not know how to handle the situation/flirt because they've never learned how to flirt, unless they're stupidly drunk on some festival or in spain.
But the ones that do know better, they matter.

What bars are you going to?
If you are going anywhere near halo..yea.. thats a problem.

Random.... But try Frieda B In hansabertsplatz
Ive never gotten laid there.. but everytime i went there..i was with plastered friends.. and ended up making out with a chick.
Its one of the few places ive heard of a german dude getting a ONS..
I think that place has a reputation for slutty girls..its like a fall back bar/club

2. haha ^
The trick that 90% of guys don't know
Quote:Quote:

The trick :

I call this one “The Spin” and a guy who knows this move already knows more about picking up girls than at least 90% of the male population on this planet. Anyone who can lift his arm and rotate this wrist can do this.

All right here it goes: After flirting/gaming your girl take her outside or bounce to another place in the club and make sure you walk on the left. Grab the left hand of your date/girl/target with your right hand, this will make sure the move goes fluent. Slow down/stop and raise your arm above her head, she will now notice this and look at you and wonder what you are up to. Smile at her and spin your girl clockwise. Just make a small circle with your arm, no need for ultra short salsa moves. She will enjoy and laugh. What guy does this? She’s thinking. No time to waste, when finishing the turn step close to her and pull her in with your left arm on her back.

Now go for the kiss.

I am the cock carousel

@Sourcecode+Branimir - good points both.
So far I've ended up at Club Hamburg and Moondoo, plus a couple other divebars.
I actually did end up at Frieda B (my D18 post) but the crowd seemed older and it looked like a sausagefest at the time ... so I dipped.

Looking from my Internet research I found that Moondoo and Halo both have student nights where you can get in free if you show student ID - Moondoo's is on Thursday while Halo's is on Friday. I'm thinking at this point I might only try to go there on the student nights - cause yeah, othewise I'm just hitting my head against a wall. Actually, in general Thursday seems to be the student night here.

Sourcecode, in your time in Hamburg did you try any of the bars on the Sternschanze? I've been meaning to check that area out but haven't so far. Do you know if there's a better/more casual/easier-going crowd in that area?

HSLD

I totally agree about the thing that in some german clubs you can find incredibly good talent. It happened to me last springtime in Dusseldorf, and i garantee in some venues talent is jaws-dropping, better than in some EE places or Scandinavia too.
But, as I know Germany and german girls quite well, I can tell you that it's probably the worst country in Europe for gaming girls. Talking, being fun and interesting, escalating? Forget it. Doesn't work. What does work on night-game? Answer: being a barbarian. Remember that all germans, inside their soul, are (nazy) barbarians, especially people living in regions north of Rhine river. This because in the old times, Romans weren't able to civilize them: they conquered only the land that was SOUTH of Rhine river (if you don't believe me, go to Italy and France and spot the difference, lol)
So be a barbarian. Few words, and action. Grab her and show what a strong man you are: she will fall for it. I saw it working many times in my times in Germany. German people (men and women) go straight to the point, they dont' waste time.
Otherwise, if you have a social circle is another story. It may take long to get the bang, but if you are good loooking, less boring and more charming than the average german men (not a difficult task, believe me), you can easily bang all the girls of your social circle, they literally would wait patiently in queue for their turn. No moral issues from them, garantee. After all, they are nazy barbarian [Image: whip.gif]

I've went to sternscanze with dates.
I didn't explore it deeply.. But most of the places there are small bars and cafe bars.
There are two places. Zoe and zoe two. They might show up in searches as sofa cars.
They have a bunch of couches. But since it's couches.it's hard to approach.
But it's ready to escalate if you already are with a girl.
I went three a couple times during the day and chatted girls up..pulled a couple numbers from girls there...nothing ever came from them though.

There is a bar that has airplane seats..I have no idea what it's called..a girl invited me there once and it's got lots of little nooks to hide in an escalate.

I know one club there..it's a kinda teal building..again..I can't remember the name..But it's filled with common people haha..again I went with a girl..But it's probably possible to get action there.

People live on sternschanze and st pauli.
Your chances of a ons might be easier there. St Paul past the stadium has lots of little bars.
You won't find girls with dresses and cocktails othere though..it's all jeans and beer

I am the cock carousel

DAY 22 - 09/09/2014

Following off of the Branimir's and Sourecode's advice, I decided to try checking out the Sternschanze last night to see if there was anywhere worth going out to on a Tuesday night. Went to four different places - Pony Bar right next to the University of Hamburg, Goldfischglas and Mandalay around the Sternschanze (I think this is the nightclub you were talking about, Sourcecode) and the Golden Pudel near Langdunsbrücken train station. Of all four, only Goldfischglas seemed to have a good crowd - Mandalay was closed, while Pony Bar and the Golden Pudel were virtually empty.

I tried posting up at the bar and running approaches as girls came to order drink - knocked off something like three approaches that way. Two out of three, they semi-hooked but excused themselves to go back to their girlfriends after a few minutes - the other one ended up being an American college student on exchange who was returning to Copenhagen the next day. We chatted it up for a while, and she invited me to sit with her group - but then she dropped that she had a boyfriend, so I decided to try working on her friend sitting next to me. Chatted with her for a few more minutes until her group for whatever reason started to leave.

I ended up taking a taxi back to the academy after realizing that the trains stop running here at 12:30am. Apparently they only run 24 hours on Thursday-Saturday. Lesson learned. It seems like the nightlife here in Hamburg is really a Thursday-Saturday affair, unless you can find the right places. There's a club on Mühlenkamp called Club du Nord that has free entry on Wednesdays - I might check that out tonight to see if Wednesday is worth it.

HSLD

What about night busses. Familiaize yourself with some of the bus stops in the area.
Like the one near the academy and the ones around the bahn station near your places.

You can use the hhv website.
You can use Google maps or hhv/bahn.de app if you have a smart phone.

I can't remember for sure. But I night busses run Damon near forever.
The euro is unforgiving. My friend and I had no shame riding the night bus for an hour and paying 3 dollars with the bums as opposed to spending 25-30euro on a taxi.
Just trying to save you a couple dollars. That you could end up using in another country.

Some possibly hard hitting data .you could drop some great data if you stick to the university area and figure that out
Every group that goes to your school has enough money to party in the reeperbahn. All us travelers that hit up Hamburg get lost in the lights of the reeperbahn. I dated a girl that went to the Hamburg university..But she was pretty upscale.model type girl.
I got to go to all those top level reeperbahn clubs but didn't get to hang in the university area.
But every time I pulled a number it was often university Hamburg girls.
I'm willing to bet that there is a massive untapped market of poosy in those university area.
Put this place on your list.
Bar down under. Australian themed bar. It's right near dammtor near the pony bar.
Of course this data is two years old. But I found out about this place from a couch surfing meet up. My friend went.. there and got laid the first night from an exchange student. I made out with a Spanish girl but got blocked when her male friends showed up.
At least 2 years ago..this was a great place to meet students that are interested in foreign students.
The university girls will also have perfect English so you won't have to fight a language battle.

On the couch surfing note.
There are couch surfing threads.. I don't know if I posted already but I have a thread for couch surfing.
Lots of girls in Hamburg on that site are students and they often post parties and events for students.
It's a market that I never tapped into.. But I met quite a few awesome people from th university there

I am the cock carousel