rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I have an important announcement: I'm not half Turkish

There has been a colossal misunderstanding of my heritage, mostly due to not paying attention to my mom when she tells me her childhood stories. I already knew my mom was Turkish-Armenian, but I would say I'm half Turkish to keep it simple. But this isn't the truth:

-Her ancestors are full Armenian
-They always lived in Turkey
-The family line was preserved during the Armenian holocaust through help by a sympathetic Turkish family who offered protection
-As far as my mom knows, there has been no Turkish blood mixed in before her

This means that my blood is 50% Iranian and 50% Armenian. My mom is culturally Turkish , like I am culturally American, since Turkey is where she grew up as a kid (she speaks both Turkish and Armenian).

I did some research (i.e. a google search) on Iranian-Armenians and it seems to be a small group of people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Iranian_Armenians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Armenians

The most famous Iranian-Armenian is Andre Agassi:

[Image: andre_agassi.jpg]

I don't anticipate this announcement to have any change on my past game and travel materials.

You ever get a 23AndMe done?

It's very interesting and answers a lot of where did I come from types questions as well as important health ones.

I know a few Iranian Armenians. Generally interesting dudes. Congratulations on your newfound heritage.

Sounds like you discovered your next travel destination, Armenian women are pretty damn hot

Also: Would you mind sharing your father's heritage?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I thought this was going to be an IRT thread.

Interesting, thought Agassi was Italian. Had an LTR with an Iranian girl in high school, scary smart from a family of doctors, hard to handle though...

Armenians have a beast diaspora network. One of my best friends is Armenian. I actually met him while traveling through South America (in Peru). We were hitting up the same countries. I remember once in Cordoba, Argentina this dude linked up with Armenians from there he never met before. They had Armenian cultural centers in Argentina and Brazil. It was crazy. They're like Jewish people in that respect. The friend I'm referring to was born in Iran actually. Most cities I traveled to in the Middle East had an Armenian quarter (Damascus, Beirut, Jerusalem, etc).

They are also Orthodox Christians and practice the oriental sect like Ethiopians, Eritreans, and Egyptians. So for them Xmas is in January, on my birthday actually. I learned a lot about their culture from one Armenian chick I smashed in SF.

Hot chicks indeed.

Quote:Quote:

also Orthodox Christians
[Image: rejection.gif]

That's not a bad card to have in the deck where you're at.

Quote: (08-25-2013 08:32 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

also Orthodox Christians
[Image: rejection.gif]

That's not a bad card to have in the deck where you're at.

[Image: lol.gif]

That is a good ass point. You definitely should pull that card in Eastern Europe.

[Image: EEtfQ1k.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (08-25-2013 07:36 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

You ever get a 23AndMe done?

It's very interesting and answers a lot of where did I come from types questions as well as important health ones.

When I'm back in the States I may do it, but I don't want to find out my predisposition for diseases and what not.

Quote: (08-25-2013 07:56 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Also: Would you mind sharing your father's heritage?

Full Iranian.

Help me out with history 101.

The Armenian genoocide happened before the Holocoaust?
Weren't they taken on boats and drowned?

My high school crush was half Asian/ half Armenian. I did everything I could do to learn about Asian and Armenian heritage because of that.

When Nas rapped the song, Makings of a Perfect Bitch...he was talking about her.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (08-25-2013 09:14 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Help me out with history 101.

The Armenian genoocide happened before the Holocoaust?
Weren't they taken on boats and drowned?

My high school crush was half Asian/ half Armenian. I did everything I could do to learn about Asian and Armenian heritage because of that.

When Nas rapped the song, Makings of a Perfect Bitch...he was talking about her.
The Armenian genocide happened during world war I and it was mainly implemented through taking armenians and forcing them to march through the desert without food or water. Massacres were also the second way the Turks implemented their policy of Genocide. Just something I remember from class.

Nice, your half Hayastani. No hate among Iranians (Persians) and Armenians.

I'm half Persian/Half Pakistani.

I thought this thread was going to be Tuthmosis revealing his race as half Indian and half Eskimo.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Saw him & Steffi Graf at LAX once, they posed for pictures with people and seemed genuinely happy to be doing so.

In light of Roosh's recent discovery, he has made some lifestyle changes. His latest video:

Are you half related to Kim Kardashian?

I am the cock carousel

@ Basil, go ahead and add...

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

That's cool to discover things about your heritage, man. Congrats. I've known a couple Armenian guys over the years and both of them could speak both Turkish and Armenian. I guess they have to know both languages. Did you hear Turkish growing up, and do you know a bit of it? I've heard Istanbul is a great city and was wondering if it's an intended destination in the future.
Turkey really is an ethnically diverse place. I've read somewhere that a big percentage of the population in Anatolia is actually Kurdish. And in the days of the Ottoman Empire before the end of World War I, there was a very big population of Armenian Christians, and even Greeks, believe it or not. A lot of ethnic cleansing and terrible stuff happened as the Ottomans collapsed. A huge volume of Armenians and Arabs emigrated to North and South America in the 1920s and 1930s.
And the hilarious thing is that when these immigrants came to South America, everyone called them "Turcos" even if they were Arabs or Armenians....

Quote: (08-25-2013 11:18 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

That's cool to discover things about your heritage, man. Congrats. I've known a couple Armenian guys over the years and both of them could speak both Turkish and Armenian. I guess they have to know both languages.
Turkey really is an ethnically diverse place. I've read somewhere that a big percentage of the population in Anatolia is actually Kurdish. And in the days of the Ottoman Empire before the end of World War I, there was a very big population of Armenian Christians, and even Greeks, believe it or not. A lot of ethnic cleansing and terrible stuff happened as the Ottomans collapsed. A huge volume of Armenians and Arabs emigrated to North and South America in the 1920s and 1930s.
And the hilarious thing is that when these immigrants came to South America, everyone called them "Turcos" even if they were Arabs or Armenians....

Present day Turkey has one of the most violent histories on the planet. Before it was the Ottoman Empire it was the Byzantine Empire, which started off as the remains of the Roman Empire but slowly was dominated by the Greeks who took over the Empire and made Greek the official language.

The Byzantine Empire had an incredibly violent existence; plagued by wars from aggressive neighbors as well as civil wars from the constant assassinations of its Emporers due to the heavy infighting between its major political factions, the Reds and Blues. Google the Nika Riots for a hell of a story.

Reading about the history of Constantinople (present day Istanbul) is gruesome as it is fascinating, from it's start as Greek city that morphed into the seat of a great Christian Empire that was slowly destroyed and turned into a Islamic one, which eventually died and gave way to the present day atheist reforms of Ataturk.

Turkey is also notable for being home to a once 90%+ white Empire that was invaded by Arabs, multiple times, who slaughtered the men and raped the women, which is why Turkish citizens are extremely ethnically diverse and range from snow white to dark brown, with most being in-between.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (08-25-2013 10:49 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

@ Basil, go ahead and add...

Lol they interview the guy on film, he's pretty fucking pimp. Who wouldn't want that guy as a friend? Start at 9:30

This dude edges out El Mechanico for most alpha Mediterranean car mechanic:

Roosh,
how's your Farsi? And do you speak Turkish/Armenian?

Speaking of famous Iranians, Freddy Mercury is also believed to have Iranian background.

Quote: (08-25-2013 10:04 PM)2Wycked Wrote:  

I thought this thread was going to be Tuthmosis revealing his race as half Indian and half Eskimo.

Tuth is from the Moon. The Central South West section of it. The one that rarely if ever gets exposed to the Earth.

Quote: (08-25-2013 11:39 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

The Byzantine Empire had an incredibly violent existence; plagued by wars from aggressive neighbors as well as civil wars from the constant assassinations of its Emporers due to the heavy infighting between its major political factions, the Reds and Blues. Google the Nika Riots for a hell of a story.

Samseau that was a really interesting read.

I've seen you dropping lots of good history info along with other subjects.

If any other particular stories come to mind that aren't related to current discussions, I'd definitely enjoy checking them out in this thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26172.html

Yeah, the Byzantine Empire is one of those misunderstood empires of history. I listened to a great audiobook a few months ago about it. They had some great emperors (Basil I, etc) and it served an important role as a bulwark protecting Europe from Islamic incursions. But it just couldn't hold back the tide forever. From the eleventh century onwards, Turkic tribes from central Asia began to settle in Asia Minor (first Seljuks, then Ottomans), and soon Byzantium was confined to a smaller and smaller area around Constantinople. The final stand of Constantinople in 1453 is a great story...
Empires come, and empires go. Language and culture remains...