rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you in the seduction/pickup business?

I'm curious how many of you guys make a living from the seduction community in one way or another, be it:

- coaching guys on the phone/skype/live
- speaking engagements
- selling DVDs/digital products/eBooks
- affiliate marketing

What kind of income are you seeing? What are the difficulties of this business? Lessons learned?

Thanks.

I've studied for a couple of years and I am interested in getting involved with a company but seeing how talented/skilled some writers are such as laidNYC/privateman/JTstyles etc I am discouraged from starting my own blog/twitter because I am not sure what I could offer the manosphere compared to some of the greats.

I know a handful of guys running different companies are really well off, but the coaches are mediocre and pale in comparison to some of the writing out there. However I do find value in real life coaching over tweets and blog posts, you can get more progress with people being together in real life.

I am doing it full time.

Income is good, but not "im buying a house" good. It takes a lot of hard work, years of reputation building, and experience.

Competition is fierce, but, as you say, mediocre. There are a lot of guys that are incredibly talented with women that have no interest in teaching other guys, are good at game but not good at teaching, or that simply have no need to do it. Then on the other hand there are a whole lot of guys that have absolutely no game skills, and are making bank teaching it.

Ill give you a breakdown of my business (and a glimpse of my business plan) later. For years I only made an income that allowed me to survive. A year ago I started working smarter, not harder, and business has boomed, but I havent reached my potential yet.

Quote: (07-15-2013 05:10 PM)germanico Wrote:  

I am doing it full time.

Income is good, but not "im buying a house" good. It takes a lot of hard work, years of reputation building, and experience.

Competition is fierce, but, as you say, mediocre. There are a lot of guys that are incredibly talented with women that have no interest in teaching other guys, are good at game but not good at teaching, or that simply have no need to do it. Then on the other hand there are a whole lot of guys that have absolutely no game skills, and are making bank teaching it.

Ill give you a breakdown of my business (and a glimpse of my business plan) later. For years I only made an income that allowed me to survive. A year ago I started working smarter, not harder, and business has boomed, but I havent reached my potential yet.

Ah thanks for that. What was the game changer? Did you just start making information products?

I feel like coaching guys and doing seminars and stuff would be really rewarding and great for building reputation and getting new clients. But at the same time, trading time for money isn't a business, it's consulting. And I'm sure it gets old like anything.

I listened to an interview with Paul Janka where he talks about the moment his business really took off is when he hired a full time ad buyer for his digital offerings.

Quote: (07-16-2013 04:27 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

I listened to an interview with Paul Janka where he talks about the moment his business really took off is when he hired a full time ad buyer for his digital offerings.

Getting known is half the business. Mine didnt took off until after I got interviewed for a national newspaper.

- Start working on your mailing list. Facebook might go out of fashion tomorrow (anyone remember Myspace?), Twitter might block your accounts. But your mailing list is yours and yours only.

- Work on your Twitter and Facebook profiles, both your persona one and the ones for your company. Easiest way to show people what your lifestyle is about. Remember they are not paying for information, or wisdom. They are buying into the lifestyle.

- Be very, very careful about what you post an wht you keep for yourself. One single fuckup can undo years of work.

- Put your money where your mouth is. Never cheat a client just for some quick buck.

- Never cheat on a client.

- Your fans will not be your customers, but your customers will take your fans into consideration when deciding to be your customers or not.

- Dont copy. There are enough Fuzzy Hat Method guys out there for anyone to get big enough to make a difference. Not that anybody respects them anyways.

- Make noise.

- Invest in marketing, be it time or money. Its all about how many people know your name, and what your name is associated with.

- Never, ever, under any circumstances work with assholes, be it partners or customers.