rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Venues for pickup in Sao Paulo?

I've been here for a week now, but am having trouble finding good venues for pickup. It seems like most of the popular clubs are loud superclubs and the typical gringo friendly places like O'Malleys don't have any good looking girls. Anybody have some good recommendations that haven't been posted already?

In O' Malleys no good looking girls? When?! OMG!

What are you looking for? Patricinhas? Hippies? Rock Princesses? Pin ups?
If you are getting away from the crowd, here my suggestions:

During the week: Happy hours in Faria Lima Ave for "business people" - (são bento), Vila Madalena - always everyone goes there (mercearia, salve jorge - bring a wingman)
Around Paulista Ave: Finnegan's Pub, Bar Geni, Tubaína (eat and chill... You must drink a tubaina before leaving, I highly recomend the pinneaple one),
In the Augusta Street there are pleanty of bars, clubs who shows the "alternative scene" dirty converses, shemales, gays, lesbian, bisexual, bicurious ahahaha
Barra Funda district: CB bar for pinups and a 50's style.
Samba in SP is not dead: Vila do Samba in the north side, Vila Duca in Itaim, Bar Mangueira in Pinheiros, Santa Clara in Perdizes, Diquinta in Vila Leopoldina

As was told once, SP is big also there are many kinds of club and bars so you must be lucky to enjoy it or hate it.
IM me if you want.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote: (07-24-2010 12:52 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

In O' Malleys no good looking girls? When?! OMG!

What are you looking for? Patricinhas? Hippies? Rock Princesses? Pin ups?
If you are getting away from the crowd, here my suggestions:

During the week: Happy hours in Faria Lima Ave for "business people" - (são bento), Vila Madalena - always everyone goes there (mercearia, salve jorge - bring a wingman)
Around Paulista Ave: Finnegan's Pub, Bar Geni, Tubaína (eat and chill... You must drink a tubaina before leaving, I highly recomend the pinneaple one),
In the Augusta Street there are pleanty of bars, clubs who shows the "alternative scene" dirty converses, shemales, gays, lesbian, bisexual, bicurious ahahaha
Barra Funda district: CB bar for pinups and a 50's style.
Samba in SP is not dead: Vila do Samba in the north side, Vila Duca in Itaim, Bar Mangueira in Pinheiros, Santa Clara in Perdizes, Diquinta in Vila Leopoldina

As was told once, SP is big also there are many kinds of club and bars so you must be lucky to enjoy it or hate it.
IM me if you want.

Thanks for the info.

I'm looking for hot girls, no particular style, who preferrably speak English (although I am fluent in Portuguese). So far I have been to Mokai, Clash, skye bar, royal, alberta 3, vegas, and o'malleys all on supposedly good nights and I can't say I think any of those places are particularly good venues for pickup.

I am looking more for lounges with a good girl ratio of some quality where people can actually hear themselves talk.

I heard about those places but I never been it because I never had the opportunity.
I suppose you are looking for stand up bars. The best neighborhood for that is Vila Madalena. Go to Inacio Pereira da Rocha St. and choose a bar. In the Purpurina and Harmonia also.
If you want a name I guess you will like Bar Geni.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Hey glassjawed, I’ve been living in São Paulo since September last year, not too long ago I posted a pretty detailed breakdown on SP here in the forum.

The tricky thing about SP is that with its size, there are so many nightlife options that I’d need to know a little more about your stats to try to steer you to an appropriate venue.

For example: Where are you from? What kind of music do you like? Are you going out solo? What part of SP are you staying in?

I feel you about O’Malley’s; it can be hit or miss. The best times to go there are Fri/Sat night as a pre-party warmup, maybe around 9-10pm.

A lot of the clubs do play the music too loud, and what I’ve found is that the best strategy is to hit the outdoor smoking section frequently during the night. It’s a goldmine. I can’t count how many girls I’ve picked up in the smoking sections here. If you don’t smoke though, at minimum you should carry a lighter and maybe play the “getting some fresh air” card a couple times.

The lounge scene in SP is not as developed as it should be; unfortunately the majority of places people frequent are clubs or bars where everyone sits around at tables in groups. But I could be missing something; I’ve been going out pretty often for almost a year and there are still dozens of places on my personal list I want to check out.

Off the top of my head, look into:

Bourbon Street (Moema) - Jazz spot that might fit what you’re looking for
Lion’s Club (Centro)
Republic Pub (Vila Madalena)
Traço de União (Pinheiros) - Samba on Thurs night or Saturday afternoon (5pm-11pm) they do a feijoada/samba party
Neu (Barra Funda)
Grazie a Dio (Vila Madalena)
Villa Country (Barra Funda - Sertanejo = Brazilian country music)
Geni (Consolação)
Rey Castro, Dublin, Kia Ora (all in Vila Olimpia)
Pink Elephant (Itaim Bibi) – Posh/pricey club
Pandoro (Itaim Bibi) - Saturday early evening
Bar Aurora (Vila Olimpia) - Sunday early evening
Santa Aldeia (Vila Olimpia)
Sonique (Consolação) - GLS, but straight/bi girls go too
*There’s a Couchsurfing meetup/happy hour every Tuesday night that normally draws a good mix of Brazilians and foreigners.

Check the websites of these spots for the ‘agenda’ and to see what type of music they’ll have for each night.

If you like, PM me with some of your details and I’ll see what else I can dig up for you.

Boa sorte!

Cool. Thanks for the good info.

The smoking section thing is a standard staple of mine I have been using for years for that reason alone. The problem is that I am now smoking a lot more than I would like. Unfortunately, that should really be a bonus to a party and not the main area to focus on.

I usually run solo though I just made a couple of pretty good potential wingmen friends this week.
So far, the only club I have liked is heaven and that was on Saturday night.

By the way, has anyone else done a lot of day game on working girls and noticed there is an unusually high reluctance to give numbers if they are in the store they work. I have literally made girls drool and then they still might not give their phone number at an unusually high rate. I'm trying to figure out if it's a calibration issue.

What are the details on that couchsurfing thing?

Good luck with Paulistanas - they are the coldest of the batch - and the most uptight and obnoxious - sorry, I am not the only one that says it.
Nicer, much more receptive girls are in Brasilia, Fortaleza, Pernambuco, Cuiaba (Matto Grosso).

Sao Paolo does nothing but serve you a huge plate of suck salad!

Mixx

glassjawed,
one of the best way to tackle a successful Brasilian game attack is to befriend some cool guys as they will be your best assets to introducing you to quality girls and to getting into nice parties whether private (churrascarias organized in someone's house) or semi private ones. Use orkut's groups in SP to good use man. And day game should be a major part of your arsenal. Just hit any girl that strikes your fancy in a respectful way with the good old simple "oi tudo bem" and then play the tourist card asking her for suggestions/directions and so forth. You'd be surprised how many of these girls would be more than happy to show you around and give you some love...

As to other good threads about Sampa in here, check these:

Awesome summary of this beast that is SP by Safadinho recently:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1906.html

Good round up of nice options posted by Roosh:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1193.html

These 2 threads along the Orkut groups and day game should keep you plenty busy.

Boa sorte.

MIxx, you are killing me! hahahahaha
Unfortunaly, you are not the first gringo who says that.
Paulistas are... How can I say... distrustful about unfamiliar people and situations. If you are introduced by a group member the reception is different. We are open minded to new cultures and stories like every B' people, but I'm not sure if it is the violence or the competition job market that let people acting in that way. Deep inside, they are affraid. Again, I'm not supporting or defending anything just saying what it is.
Pink Elephant - Too expensive for my standars.
Wall Street Bar (itaim) - The beer price comes up and down during the night. seems fun! hahaha
Pacha - Good Call for girls.

Any good suggestions for tonight?

Quote: (07-26-2010 04:23 PM)glassjawed Wrote:  

Any good suggestions for tonight?

Why don't you get together with Chocolatinha, she seems a cool girl and can take you to good local places and be a good wing"man". Give it a try...[Image: wink.gif]

VP: well this will depend on how long he will stay, I'm out of money a while ago and I had to slow down my night scene (I lost my job T.T ), that's why I'm only recomending places to go. If I go out to chill/lounge type of place I can IM you.
Why dont you try the North size? (santana, tucuruvi, parada inglesa). No gringo is expected. full of locals and mid class chicks very interested to meet foreingers but without any oportunities. If you speak Portuguese is a good call, and also there are more stand up bars instead of night clubs, but it can be a hit or miss.

http://www.obaoba.com.br

http://www.baladas.com.br

Monday: The week in Barra Funda. (it is a night club, but if is not Gay night it will be a hit for sure) check it out in the web site.

Thanks guys but I generally do better without female wingmen. I prefer opening myself and I don't need the value boost [Image: smile.gif]...

Miss choc, can you give me some info on the couchsurfing meeting tonight?

Hey, here's the link with details to the Couchsurfing event tonight. I haven't been since they moved it to this location (Centro), so I'm not sure how the turnout's been at this spot.

http://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.h...st=6292281

Hope it goes well, unfortunately I've been working a lot lately and only been able to smash it up on the weekends.

San Paolo looks like a gigantic version of New York with hundreds of sky scrapers climbing high into the sky.Sao Paulo is one of the few places in Brazil where you can dance to throbbing techno music even after the sun comes up, lose yourself into one of the many rock joints around town and hear live MPB.

Hi Guys

I have been reading these notes with great interest, I am going to visit S.P. for the first time this year in October for the boat show ( 14-17.10 ) and would love to meet some sexy Brazilian woman /girls - I speak fluent Spanish but my Brazilian is very poor, also not sure what a " wingman "is and yes love to have a guide to show me around happy to pay all drinks,..

any tips much appreciated

Philip

"A lot of the clubs do play the music too loud, and what I’ve found is that the best strategy is to hit the outdoor smoking section frequently during the night. It’s a goldmine. I can’t count how many girls I’ve picked up in the smoking sections here."

The smoking section is a good spot to meet girls. I met some girls last night in the smoking section at Vegas. In Rio at Casa Da Matriz I had really good luck meeting girls in the smoking section outside. People are looking to chat and take a break from the loud music and dancing. Also you can recommend to go inside and dance or get a drink after your done smoking and continue gaming inside.

Check out D-Edge on a Thursday. It's fucking sick. Great music and great spot to pick up. Good scene there. Tons of gay dudes, but that's okay because that just means more ladies for you. I'm telling you, this is THE BEST spot i went in Sao Paulo hands down.

Quote: (10-22-2010 10:45 AM)Tony Snow Wrote:  

"A lot of the clubs do play the music too loud, and what I’ve found is that the best strategy is to hit the outdoor smoking section frequently during the night. It’s a goldmine. I can’t count how many girls I’ve picked up in the smoking sections here."

The smoking section is a good spot to meet girls. I met some girls last night in the smoking section at Vegas. In Rio at Casa Da Matriz I had really good luck meeting girls in the smoking section outside. People are looking to chat and take a break from the loud music and dancing. Also you can recommend to go inside and dance or get a drink after your done smoking and continue gaming inside.

I felt like I was back in the states at Casa de Matriz. It's all really westernized girls.

Quote: (07-26-2010 08:49 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Good luck with Paulistanas - they are the coldest of the batch - and the most uptight and obnoxious - sorry, I am not the only one that says it.
Nicer, much more receptive girls are in Brasilia, Fortaleza, Pernambuco, Cuiaba (Matto Grosso).

Mixx

hahaha hilarious. "Suck salad" To tell you the truth though, I felt like Sao Paulo was probably the easiest place to hook up. Either there or Rio. But I'm not gonna deny that it does suck pretty bad. Even though it wasn't hard for me to hook up, I just wanted to get the fuck out of there and go to Rio. I was also staying in a nice neighborhood next to some good universities where everyone spoke English. Everyone was real interested as to why I was visiting Brazil. My friends would take me to all the local college hang outs, where all the kids packed in after there night classes. A couple of girls there thought I was trying to put on a gringo act, they thought I was actually Brazilian, trying to get laid by acting like a gringo.

I have never been to Brasilia or Cuiaba but I have been to Recife/Olinda (Pernambuco) and Fortaleza (CE)

Fortaleza is probably good if you live there and have a car. But even like that you will have a hard time in the clubs if you're gringo looking cause there are way too many sex tourists there and no middle class girl wants to be seen with a gringo.

Recife/Olinda are not good pick up towns in my experience.

I would like to try Belo Horizonte, Goiania and Vitoria

I wanna try Sao Paulo too... despite what you say.

It might also depend on what you look like. If you're in a gringo sex tourist infested area, it might be better to look latino (like in Fortaleza).

If you're in a place like Sao Paulo or Brasilia, I'm pretty sure it's ten times better to be blond with blue eyes

Quote: (10-22-2010 10:51 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

Mixx

hahaha hilarious. "Suck salad" To tell you the truth though, I felt like Sao Paulo was probably the easiest place to hook up. Either there or Rio. But I'm not gonna deny that it does suck pretty bad. Even though it wasn't hard for me to hook up, I just wanted to get the fuck out of there and go to Rio. I was also staying in a nice neighborhood next to some good universities where everyone spoke English. Everyone was real interested as to why I was visiting Brazil. My friends would take me to all the local college hang outs, where all the kids packed in after there night classes. A couple of girls there thought I was trying to put on a gringo act, they thought I was actually Brazilian, trying to get laid by acting like a gringo.

I get this shit test all the time because I have dark hair and tattoos. I just playfully misinterpret it as a compliment and say "thank you, que bonitinhas"

Here is my data sheet after spending almost 3 weeks in Sao Paulo actively seeking the best places on given nights.

Best Hotel: Formule 1. Cheap at around 100/night for a small but adequate private room/bathroom in a hotel in a great location with tons of rooms and a high percentage of young girls. I spent a lot of time in the super expensive hotels and this was honestly my favorite as it gave me lots of opportunities to find girls in the elevator and lobby every time i walked in and out.

Best Happy hour-12: Sky Bar on top of Hotel Unique. I was here many nights as a pregame spot going for a quick swoop, which was easier since I had a room downstairs some of the time. Super expensive drinks even by Sao Paulo standards but lots of hot girls here. Even the posh ones are somewhat more open than usual because they don't really expect to be approached here. Dress well and you will have some instant value just because you are in such a high end spot.

Honorable Mention: O'Malley's. Decent amount of gringoes here and not too many hot girls but the layout is very nice with several separate floors, rooms, bar areas, and a smoking section all with manageable volumes of music making opening and conversation easy. Decent date spot as well. Some nights I found something good while others were terrible but on the bad ones, I was quickly in and out. While I wouldn't stay here past midnight, it is a decent place to start the night.

Best Clubs: (I put this list together after some painstaking effort. There is a trend in sao paulo of super loud clubs and I had a lot of trouble talking to girls even if they spoke english, and I spoke pretty good portuguese at the time.)

-Lions: One of the more high end expensive clubs. If you can afford it, go here. It's a cool spot, good music, several rooms including two large smoking sections outdoors. Girls here are more open compared to places like Pink Elephant and Mokai because the club is a bit more alternative and caters to a better non-clubslut crowd. You will find lots of different types of girls here and I was impressed with the talent level.
-Heaven: Somewhat large dance club. The music is a bit loud but there are large hallway sections and a smoking section for chatting and playing a bit of peekaboo.
-Alberta: An alternative club/bar in the center. If that is your thing or you want a change of pace, this is it. Cool people, good music, and three floors and a smoking section with good volume.
-D Edge: This was the only Monday party when I was in Sao Paulo. Big space, lots of people, the music is very loud but if you chill by the bar and the smoking sections you should be alright. I've heard thursdays are better but I've never been there myself.

Places to avoid: Almost everywhere else. That's my opinion anyways. I didn't care much for the nightlife in sao paulo at the end of my trip, i'm enjoying porto alegre much more right now, data sheet on that coming soon.

One more note, obaoba.com.br is a pretty accurate site for the best low-mid price parties and superclubs in Sao Paulo on any given night. Some places can be good some nights and terrible others so I would check this out whatever night to see what's going on as things might have changed a bit since I was there a few months ago.

Quote: (10-22-2010 03:02 PM)glassjawed Wrote:  

-D Edge: This was the only Monday party when I was in Sao Paulo. Big space, lots of people, the music is very loud but if you chill by the bar and the smoking sections you should be alright. I've heard thursdays are better but I've never been there myself.

D-Edge Thursday night is what's up, I'm telling you. The girls are super friendly.

I'm here in Sao Paulo for the weekend and last night I hit up this swingers club called Nefertitti http://www.nefertitti.com.br/. My boy has been insisting that I hit it up with him and a few girlfriends so we get there around midnight and the place is packed! It costs 80BRL per couple and 300BRL for single guys. Needless to say I wouldnt go In If I wasnt accompanied by a member of the opposite sex. The set up was pretty cool with a nice dancefloor, DJ's spining and Strip Shows and sections layed out throughout the club.

In the back of the club they had rooms where you can get your fuck on If you see something interesting or meet someone in the club. I ended up banging two chicks at the club last night that I chatted up and it was quite simply and most of the girls spoke passable English but as long as they spoke DINGLISH It was cool with me! Some of the rooms were glass only so you could even check out people fucking. Me and the two I smashed had a semi private room all of the rooms didnt have ceilings so you could hear chicks fucking and screaming fooiiggee me in portuguese...Damn that ish was crazy. You could only get into the back rooms where the main action was going on If you had a chick on your arm. All in all not a bad way to kick off a weekend in Sao Paulo!

Tonight I will hit the scene with fellow board member Tony Snow to check out Dolores Bar and Royal or maybe Vegas and tomorrow will check out Joy and/or Pink Elephant. I definitely dont believe in going to clubs with 150BRL to 300BRL cover charges as I'm trying to work the VIP list angle and I have a connection who can get me into spots like Pink Elephant and Royal for free on lists. Mrs. Chocolate you need to come out with us!

So sad that Im working during the next 03 weeks during the weekends!