rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

THE Definitive Sao Paulo Data Sheet!

Gentlemen, I’ve been a regular reader on here since September (Thanks Roosh for assembling the forum), and I decided to put together a complete data sheet on São Paulo. There are a lot of Brazil threads in the forum, but few about SP. I feel it is a slightly misunderstood city, and hopefully this sheet will help some of the guys who may be passing through in the future.

I saw Ms. Chocolate’s previous posts, and I agree with them. But since she is a local/female, I thought I’d give an American/male perspective. Feel free to correct me, add or edit as you see fit. (btw Ms. Chocolate, when are we going to Villa Country?)

***Warning: Extremely long post. If you’re not interested in SP or visiting soon, you may want to stop reading now*** (Skip to the end for my notes on gaming in SP)

My stats:

Originally from Los Angeles, CA, early 30’s, been to 19 countries, speak Spanish and Portuguese, lived in Europe, Rio, and Recife; I’ve lived in São Paulo for almost 6 months now.

I’ll leave my race out of it because even I’m not sure of the exact mix, but every day in Brazil someone tells me that I look like Adriano, the soccer player @ Flamengo.

Because of the size of SP, I figured a map would be a good place to start with the data. To understand the size of this city, consider that Buenos Aires is a huge city, and has about 48 distinct neighborhoods. SP has over 90 neighborhoods and a metro area population of about 20 million. I’ve underlined in red the areas you should focus on for gaming and general enjoyment.

[Image: attachment.jpg166]   

Logistics:

You’ll probably either fly into Guarulhos (Intl) or Congonhas (domestic), or be coming in by bus to the Tiete station.

Guarulhos is very far from the city center, at least 45 minute cab ride (with NO traffic) for about R$80-$120. Take an ‘Airport Bus Service’ shuttle into the city instead. At the Welcome/Visitor’s Center they’ll direct you where to buy tickets. The buses are nice, they have several destinations within the city, and it’s just R$30.

If you fly into Congonhas, your best bet will be a cab. If you stick to my neighborhood suggestions, you shouldn’t pay more than R$20-40 for a cab to your hotel, apt, etc.

If you’re taking a bus into the city and arriving @ Tiete, there is a Metro station attached to the bus station. You’ll be able to take the train directly to/nearby any of the key neighborhoods. Get familiar with the metro map:
http://www.withoutatraceroute.com/wp-con...paTMSP.png

Where to stay:

Plenty of hotels/hostels in those ‘hoods, I would recommend Pinheiros (near Vila Madalena). It’s a good location, with easy access to the other areas. My second choice would be Jardim Paulista, near Av. Paulista.

Also google search for ‘Pousadas’ in Brazil/SP, there are a few here that are cheaper than hotels but better than a hostel.

There’s always the Couchsurfing option too. SP has a very active/lively CS community.

Neighborhood breakdown:

***Pinheiros: One of the oldest neighborhoods in SP. Has it all, from upper class to dodgy parts. Vila Madalena is one of the best nightlife districts in the city. Must see!

Impossible to mention all the places to check out, but try: São Bento (upscale boteco), Traço de União (Samba), Filial (late night bar), Canto da Ema (Forró), Joy (Hip-hop), Vila Grano (after the club breakfast)…

Really, just start at the intersection of Rua Aspicuelta e Rua Mourato Coelho on a Fri/Sat night, you’ll be in the eye of the storm. You can PM me, there’s really too many places…

***Jardim Paulistana: High end, ritzy part of SP. Stroll up and down Rua Oscar Freire to see the best boutiques in town, lots of eye candy everywhere, although might come with a snobby attitude.

Check out: O’Malley’s (bar where girls go to meet gringos – seriously), All Blacks (think upscale O’Malley’s), Lone Star (small bar but good crowd). Skye Bar @ Hotel Unique is also worth a look. (Closest thing to South Beach/Manhattan/Sunset Blvd in SP. G Manifesto custom suit game recommended here.)

***Consolação/Bela Vista: On the opposite side of Ave. Paulista from Jardins, def worth checking out. Much more laid back, with a hip/alternative vibe. Huge Univ. near here (Mackenzie), so some spots may have a younger feel. Take a stroll down Rua Augusta, plenty of bars, clubs and whorehouses, if that’s your thing. A lot of gay friendly places in this area too. But it’s not like back home, the gay spots here attract lots of straight people too, and make for good pick-up spots. Club Vegas and Club Studio always seem to be packing people in. Sonique and Gloria are also worth a look. Again, too many spots to name around here.

***Barra Funda: Only reason to head up here is the variety of clubs, not much else going on. The bars/clubs here aren’t clustered together like Vila Madalena/Vila Olimpia, so you’ll need to know where you’re going if you want to hit multiple spots in BF. D-Edge is a sick club, mainly electronic, and they bring in a lot of intl DJ’s. The Week is also near, heard a lot about it, but haven’t been. Villa Country is a huge Sertanejo club (think Brazilian country music), but let me tell you, the girls at Sertanejo clubs tend to be amazing! Try something different, check it out…

***Itaim Bibi: Another upscale area, but with plenty of options. Yes, there are some stuck up chicks around here, but if your game is strong…

Within Itaim there is Cidade Jardim and Vila Olimpia. CJ has some swank bars (Mercearia) and a few dance spots (Azucar), but it might be better to take a chick here. Vila Olimpia is better for gaming. Hit up Rua Prof. Atílio Innocenti near Av. Juscelino Kubitschek, lots of places here. Casa do Samba, Rey Castro (Salsa/Merengue) or Dublin (Irish Pub). Lots of other options nearby. Kia Ora has a reputation for stunning girls! Pink Elephant also has a club around here, but bring some cash, it’s probably the most expensive club in SP.

***Moema: Sort of like Cidade Jardim, a mix of cool bars in a residential area. Near the park, plenty of good, quality tail, but also maybe a better area to take a chick. Bourbon Street is one of the few Jazz/New Orleans type spots in SP, worth a look.

Honorable mention: Royal (Hip-hop/Centro), Lions Club (new hotspot/Centro), and Love Story (near Centro): Love Story is a popular after hours club, with a crazy mix of ‘working girls’ and people who wanted to keep the party going til 10am.

There are really too many areas/places to list, I’m sure I missed something. This city really is a black hole of options. In 6 months, I’ve probably only scratched the surface, maybe 30% of the city. All of the above spots have websites with ‘agenda/programação’ lists telling you what type of music/party is going on each night. Or try these sites for (more) recommendations:

http://www.obaoba.com.br/sao-paulo
http://www.blackbookmag.com/guides/sao-paulo
http://guia.folha.com.br/noite/
http://totalspguide.com/

***Gaming Paulistanas (SP chicks):

I’d be wrong if I didn’t talk about gaming in SP. Understand first, that Paulistanos are hard-working people with busy schedules. Most people you meet will work during the day AND study at night. That’s why the nightlife is so intense here, they have to unwind somehow (and because there’s no beach here). People are out 7 nights a week, so if you’re a night owl, your gaming options are unlimited.

Any type of girl you want is here, from the blond haired/blue eyed Brasileiras, to the mulattas, morenas, Asians (SP has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan), tourists, exchange students and every mix possible in between.

There’s no one type of strategy, because there are literally millions of girls in the city, from all over the country. That’s the best part about gaming here, it’s like an ongoing field experiment, a riddle with no answer…

Bottom line, there are more Brazilian girls in this city than in any other city on earth! And that’s what we’re really here for, right…?

The basics apply: clean up a bit, remember that aggressive will always work better than aloof, the girls here love/want/need attention, and for God’s sakes, learn some Portuguese! An unlocked cell phone is really a must; you can get a local SIM card for R$10-15.

And for those of you who are just breezing through here for a few days, use that to your advantage! We all know that “I’m leaving town tomorrow/next week” game works in any country. Run some strong game, make the connection with her, and it will pay dividends, trust me. Might not get the 1-night stand every time, but the ‘next day lay’ happens here.

Day game: Not a lot of on the street ‘day game’, as Paulistanas are busy and on the move. But hit the malls! This city has more malls per capita than any city I’ve seen. Most of the stores are full of cute chicks working there. The malls will be slower during the day, because most folks are at work, and the girls end up just standing around all day. You’d be surprised how keen some of these girls are to a little chat, especially to a gringo. Just be smooth about it. Ibirapuera Park is also known for being full of tail, but I haven’t tapped that market yet.

So far in 6 months in SP I’ve bedded 8 chicks. I know, not a ridiculous #, but unfortunately I work a lot; and as I’ve gotten older, notches are not my driving force as they once were. I would much rather have 3-5 chicks on my team and set up 2-4 different dates a week. That way, I’m still getting sex on the reg, but with variety too. As one fades away, I just replace her. With this system, I haven’t had a drought since the mid-90’s.

Anyhow, I put this together because SP is a monster of a city, and hella hard to navigate upon a first glance. I can see why people don’t like it initially. If you have no compass, you’re in for a frustrating, confusing trip. But when you dial in and hit the right spots, you’ll find out in a hurry that SP is sick.

Keep in mind though, SP is the largest city in South America, and the financial capital of Brazil. Between the taxis, eating out (restaurant scene is excellent) and nightlife, it’s not a cheap trip. Budget accordingly.

Also, if you noticed, I never mentioned danger. I believe that Rio is much more dangerous than SP, but I’ve never had drama anywhere in Brazil. Stick to these areas in SP, keep your wits about you, and you’ll be fine.

I consider this my contribution to the forum. Lord knows I’ve spent hours learning (and laughing) reading some of the posts, I had to give some knowledge back; the sh*t on this forum is priceless! It’s like a brain trust of some of the best international players on earth!

So I hope this helps those in need; I want you guys to have some solid data so you can hit the ground running and take advantage of SP. Hell, as much as I try, I can’t swoop them all down here!

If you are passing through SP, feel free to PM me. If I’m busy and can’t make it out to meet for a drink, at least I may be able to point you in the direction of a hot party or event.

I’m out gentlemen, go forth and conquer…

Now that's what I call a breakdown! I feel like we should be paying you for this shit.[Image: thumb.gif]

One question though, what exactly is a pousada and what's the difference between that and a hostel or a hotel?

Stupendous job safadinho!Vc é o cara!
I'll get back to you with some questions for sure shortly.

Speakeasy,
A pousada in Brasil is a bed and breakfast type of place. It is not a hotel as the environment is quite relax and informal yet it's comfortable enough that you feel like you're visiting a relative's house as it'll look like a big house. It's also fun as you get to mingle with other travelers who stay there quiete easily yet it's not the mess that it can be in a hostel where you have no privacy whastsoever. Price wise, a pousada can be cheaper, in some cases, a lot cheaper than a hotel and not very much more expensive than a hostel. (I may not be the best person to speak about hostels as I have never stayed in one but from the experiences of friends, I do have a fair understanding of it). So by all means, next time in Brasil, dump the shitty hostel and avoid the overpriced hotel and stay at a nice friendly and cosy pousada.

Quote: (04-15-2010 09:05 PM)Safadinho Wrote:  

there are literally millions of girls in the city

there are more Brazilian girls in this city than any other city on earth!

Great DS. Reminds me of "Location Game" (Where you choose to Game is sometimes just as important as your Game itself)

Are you around the types of girls that you like? Are you around the types of girls who like you? Does the city "fit" your lifestyle/personality/vibe/etc. This is how deep you gotta think if you wanna be a successful and happy playboy in the Long Term.

I just love how he used the phrase "millions of girls".....Thats swinging the numbers and odds into your favor.

Quote: (04-15-2010 09:45 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Stupendous job safadinho!Vc é o cara!
I'll get back to you with some questions for sure shortly.

Speakeasy,
A pousada in Brasil is a bed and breakfast type of place. It is not a hotel as the environment is quite relax and informal yet it's comfortable enough that you feel like you're visiting a relative's house as it'll look like a big house. It's also fun as you get to mingle with other travelers who stay there quiete easily yet it's not the mess that it can be in a hostel where you have no privacy whastsoever. Price wise, a pousada can be cheaper, in some cases, a lot cheaper than a hotel and not very much more expensive than a hostel. (I may not be the best person to speak about hostels as I have never stayed in one but from the experiences of friends, I do have a fair understanding of it). So by all means, next time in Brasil, dump the shitty hostel and avoid the overpriced hotel and stay at a nice friendly and cosy pousada.

From my experience and from what I've heard from others, some pousadas can have a bunch of rules, and sometimes are really strict about letting you have an overnight guest. One thing that really sucks about Brazil that you never deal with in the U.S. or anywhere else I've been is that they charge rooms by the person, so if a woman does happen to spend the night, they'll try and charge you for her too. I'm not going to be an advocate of staying at hostels (esp. if you're well over 30), but since pousadas are basically bed and breakfasts they can attract couples and an older crowd (40-60), so not exactly the best situation for being social, partying, gaming, etc. If you just want a mellow, clean, quiet spot to relax for a few nights with a good breakfast then I think the pousada is they way to go.

I was just looking at pousadas online. While they are priced okay for short trips, it's too much for an extended stay. The best options for extended travel still seem to be hostelling or couch surfing if moving around a lot, or an apartment if staying put for awhile.

Great Data Sheet. (I really like how you used the term "Data Sheet" as well.)

Great format also.

"So far in 6 months in SP I’ve bedded 8 chicks. I know, not a ridiculous #, but unfortunately I work a lot; and as I’ve gotten older, notches are not my driving force as they once were. I would much rather have 3-5 chicks on my team and set up 2-4 different dates a week. That way, I’m still getting sex on the reg, but with variety too. As one fades away, I just replace her. With this system, I haven’t had a drought since the mid-90’s."

This is a pretty good system and a great tip. I have adopted something similar recently so I can focus while in the us and then travel.

safadi, what kind of job to you have in SP?

i need to learn Portuguese to better find a decent job in brazil lol

Wow, incredible post. Thanks.

Hey, Safadinho!

Well, I don't know when am I going to Villa. But only god knows how much I miss this place. When I go there, or anywhere that I know earlier (most of time we decide inside the car at 11pm) I IM you. IM me too, plz.

SE EU BEBO.. É PROBLEMA MEU... (HAHAHA)

Some places I know only by name, especially in Augusta St., because my friends prefer Itaim and Vila Madalena. Guys, I live here since I was born and I still think that I don't know my city at all, even living in the East Side.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Safadinho and Chocolatinha,
After spending the weekend with a couple of Paulistano friends, and what they told me about Sampa, I think I can't afford any more to miss SP. I must have passed through GRU a dozen of times but so far have never left the airport. Now, I HAVE to based on what I've been hearing and the stunning Paulistanas I've been seeing/meeting.

For a first timer to SP, where/which area would you recommend to stay?

Vacancier,

It depends on how much do you have and how many days you would like to stay. Overall, try to be close to the subway green line... I know this may be confusing i the beggining, but look to the line number 2

http://www.mapas-sp.com/mapas/metro-sp.jpg

Vila Madalena, Ana Rosa, Paraíso, are all good places to stay.
There is a hostel in Rua dos Franceses, which is some blocks close to Paulista Ave that you should take a look on web.
SP is an expensive city. Dont ever forget that. ever.
The websites that Safadinho recomended are great, but Portuguese (strong) is required.
Also, if anyone is comming, IM me! And Safadinho I didn't forget our Vila Country, I even put a song for you! ahahaha

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

So where do you guys who have been to both SP and Rio recommend is better. I searched but couldn't find a comparision b/w the 2.

Rio is a better all round city in that it is beautiful, has beaches, nearbye mountains & nature, loads of touristy sights and attractions and enough to keep you entertained for months but SP has more beautiful women and a better club scene IMO.

Superb post. How big a monthly budget hit assuming a short-term apartment rental in Penheiros and 5 nights/wk of boozing?

Quote: (12-28-2011 02:38 AM)misterstir Wrote:  

So where do you guys who have been to both SP and Rio recommend is better. I searched but couldn't find a comparision b/w the 2.

I Know both cities considerably as I live in SP and part of my family is originally from Rio.
They are 2 completely different cities.I couldn't say that one is "better" than the other.Its like comparing Wine with Soda,its 2 different categories.It all comes down to personal taste and objectives.
anyway, thats my 2 cents:

São Paulo:
More cosmopolitan vibe
better,more diverse Nightlife
more underground/alternative/indie spots
Better job market
more pussy diversity (asian scene / blonds /blacks/latin ; etc)
Less Buttafaces than Rio.
for all pockets and tastes, easy to switch from middle class to upper class targets with correct venue choice.

Rio:

-The city is much more enjoyable and beautiful
-Climate is generally better (although "too hot" sometimes)
-Girls usually have hotter bodies
-Tanned girls in bikinis/beach scene
-Smaller,not so diverse like SP
-Most venues targeted to a "maistream" crowd(specially in Zona Sul)
-More Tourists / Horny hordes
-Public transport worse than SP.
-Sometimes it seems that in Rio you are either targeting the Rich Patricinhas or the dirty poor chicks, the pool of "middle class , hot and approachable" girls seems considerably smaller than in SP. And the competition for the Top girls is getting higher everyday (Many good looking / Rich guys , bitchy/celebrity attitude etc.)

Overall Rio has more to offer for a 1st time visitor,but for the long haul its vital to explore SP or other cities like Salvador, BH etc.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Quote: (12-28-2011 06:57 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Rio:

-Public transport worse than SP.

I thought Rio's public transport was super easy and efficient. Much better than anything I've seen in the US, but I'm from the west coast and public transport is terrible there. I only took the bus maybe twice in Sao Paulo. The problem with transportation there is the city'x so big, I had no idea how to get around on bus.

On a side note.. I was talking to a guy from Sao Paulo the other day. He told me he lived 25 km from work and when it was rainy, some days it would take him 3 hours to get home. That sounds a little much, but then I remember it taking me an hour and a half to get 18km. The traffic there is horrendous. I mean bumper to bumper at 1 am in some parts.

Quote: (04-15-2010 09:05 PM)Safadinho Wrote:  

Gentlemen, I’ve been a regular reader on here since September (Thanks Roosh for assembling the forum), and I decided to put together a complete data sheet on São Paulo. There are a lot of Brazil threads in the forum, but few about SP. I feel it is a slightly misunderstood city, and hopefully this sheet will help some of the guys who may be passing through in the future.

I saw Ms. Chocolate’s previous posts, and I agree with them. But since she is a local/female, I thought I’d give an American/male perspective. Feel free to correct me, add or edit as you see fit. (btw Ms. Chocolate, when are we going to Villa Country?)

***Warning: Extremely long post. If you’re not interested in SP or visiting soon, you may want to stop reading now*** (Skip to the end for my notes on gaming in SP)

My stats:

Originally from Los Angeles, CA, early 30’s, been to 19 countries, speak Spanish and Portuguese, lived in Europe, Rio, and Recife; I’ve lived in São Paulo for almost 6 months now.

What to you do for work out there if you don't mind me asking?

I’ll leave my race out of it because even I’m not sure of the exact mix, but every day in Brazil someone tells me that I look like Adriano, the soccer player @ Flamengo.

Because of the size of SP, I figured a map would be a good place to start with the data. To understand the size of this city, consider that Buenos Aires is a huge city, and has about 48 distinct neighborhoods. SP has over 90 neighborhoods and a metro area population of about 20 million. I’ve underlined in red the areas you should focus on for gaming and general enjoyment.

Huge city! Never seen anything like it. When you see the skyline, it doesn't end, it just keeps going on!

Logistics:

You’ll probably either fly into Guarulhos (Intl) or Congonhas (domestic), or be coming in by bus to the Tiete station.

Guarulhos is very far from the city center, at least 45 minute cab ride (with NO traffic) for about R$80-$120. Take an ‘Airport Bus Service’ shuttle into the city instead. At the Welcome/Visitor’s Center they’ll direct you where to buy tickets. The buses are nice, they have several destinations within the city, and it’s just R$30.

If you fly into Congonhas, your best bet will be a cab. If you stick to my neighborhood suggestions, you shouldn’t pay more than R$20-40 for a cab to your hotel, apt, etc.

If you’re taking a bus into the city and arriving @ Tiete, there is a Metro station attached to the bus station. You’ll be able to take the train directly to/nearby any of the key neighborhoods. Get familiar with the metro map:
http://www.withoutatraceroute.com/wp-con...paTMSP.png

This is some solid info. My friend told me about taking the bus but since I didn't know Portuguese and I was still pretty "green" to the country, I decided to take a cab. The R$80-120 cab ride is very accurate to get into the city from Guarulhos. Next time I'll definitely be taking the bus to at least Congonhas, which my buddy told me should be R$15-20 cab fair.

Where to stay:

Plenty of hotels/hostels in those ‘hoods, I would recommend Pinheiros (near Vila Madalena). It’s a good location, with easy access to the other areas. My second choice would be Jardim Paulista, near Av. Paulista.

Also google search for ‘Pousadas’ in Brazil/SP, there are a few here that are cheaper than hotels but better than a hostel.

There’s always the Couchsurfing option too. SP has a very active/lively CS community.

Neighborhood breakdown:

***Pinheiros: One of the oldest neighborhoods in SP. Has it all, from upper class to dodgy parts. Vila Madalena is one of the best nightlife districts in the city. Must see!

Impossible to mention all the places to check out, but try: São Bento (upscale boteco), Traço de União (Samba), Filial (late night bar), Canto da Ema (Forró), Joy (Hip-hop), Vila Grano (after the club breakfast)…

Really, just start at the intersection of Rua Aspicuelta e Rua Mourato Coelho on a Fri/Sat night, you’ll be in the eye of the storm. You can PM me, there’s really too many places…

***Jardim Paulistana: High end, ritzy part of SP. Stroll up and down Rua Oscar Freire to see the best boutiques in town, lots of eye candy everywhere, although might come with a snobby attitude.

Check out: O’Malley’s (bar where girls go to meet gringos – seriously), All Blacks (think upscale O’Malley’s), Lone Star (small bar but good crowd). Skye Bar @ Hotel Unique is also worth a look. (Closest thing to South Beach/Manhattan/Sunset Blvd in SP. G Manifesto custom suit game recommended here.)

***Consolação/Bela Vista: On the opposite side of Ave. Paulista from Jardins, def worth checking out. Much more laid back, with a hip/alternative vibe. Huge Univ. near here (Mackenzie), so some spots may have a younger feel. Take a stroll down Rua Augusta, plenty of bars, clubs and whorehouses, if that’s your thing. A lot of gay friendly places in this area too. But it’s not like back home, the gay spots here attract lots of straight people too, and make for good pick-up spots. Club Vegas and Club Studio always seem to be packing people in. Sonique and Gloria are also worth a look. Again, too many spots to name around here.

***Barra Funda: Only reason to head up here is the variety of clubs, not much else going on. The bars/clubs here aren’t clustered together like Vila Madalena/Vila Olimpia, so you’ll need to know where you’re going if you want to hit multiple spots in BF. D-Edge is a sick club, mainly electronic, and they bring in a lot of intl DJ’s. The Week is also near, heard a lot about it, but haven’t been. Villa Country is a huge Sertanejo club (think Brazilian country music), but let me tell you, the girls at Sertanejo clubs tend to be amazing! Try something different, check it out…

I hate Sertanejo, but those clubs always attract the best women. D-Edge is awesome! If you like house music, that's gonna be your spot, they get great DJs. I also found the girls there to be friendly

***Itaim Bibi: Another upscale area, but with plenty of options. Yes, there are some stuck up chicks around here, but if your game is strong…

Within Itaim there is Cidade Jardim and Vila Olimpia. CJ has some swank bars (Mercearia) and a few dance spots (Azucar), but it might be better to take a chick here. Vila Olimpia is better for gaming. Hit up Rua Prof. Atílio Innocenti near Av. Juscelino Kubitschek, lots of places here. Casa do Samba, Rey Castro (Salsa/Merengue) or Dublin (Irish Pub). Lots of other options nearby. Kia Ora has a reputation for stunning girls! Pink Elephant also has a club around here, but bring some cash, it’s probably the most expensive club in SP.

For the longest time (over 2 years) I had no idea where I stayed in Sao Paulo, until I was looking at this map and realized I had a message on my facebook from my friend telling me his adress. Turns out I stayed in Itaim Bibi. I loved this spot! My friends lived right next to two universities. There was a bar there on the street that was always PACKED with college kids, day and night! Just about everyone spoke english so that helped me a lot since my Portuguese was very sub par at the time. Lots of nice girls there. I remember one night a group of girls thought I was faking being gringo to help get laid. My friends lived in a nice 2 bed condo on the 14th floor, they only payed R$1600 a month, not bad at all.

***Moema: Sort of like Cidade Jardim, a mix of cool bars in a residential area. Near the park, plenty of good, quality tail, but also maybe a better area to take a chick. Bourbon Street is one of the few Jazz/New Orleans type spots in SP, worth a look.

Honorable mention: Royal (Hip-hop/Centro), Lions Club (new hotspot/Centro), and Love Story (near Centro): Love Story is a popular after hours club, with a crazy mix of ‘working girls’ and people who wanted to keep the party going til 10am.

There are really too many areas/places to list, I’m sure I missed something. This city really is a black hole of options. In 6 months, I’ve probably only scratched the surface, maybe 30% of the city. All of the above spots have websites with ‘agenda/programação’ lists telling you what type of music/party is going on each night. Or try these sites for (more) recommendations:

http://www.obaoba.com.br/sao-paulo
http://www.blackbookmag.com/guides/sao-paulo
http://guia.folha.com.br/noite/
http://totalspguide.com/

***Gaming Paulistanas (SP chicks):

I’d be wrong if I didn’t talk about gaming in SP. Understand first, that Paulistanos are hard-working people with busy schedules. Most people you meet will work during the day AND study at night. That’s why the nightlife is so intense here, they have to unwind somehow (and because there’s no beach here). People are out 7 nights a week, so if you’re a night owl, your gaming options are unlimited.

Any type of girl you want is here, from the blond haired/blue eyed Brasileiras, to the mulattas, morenas, Asians (SP has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan), tourists, exchange students and every mix possible in between.

There’s no one type of strategy, because there are literally millions of girls in the city, from all over the country. That’s the best part about gaming here, it’s like an ongoing field experiment, a riddle with no answer…

Bottom line, there are more Brazilian girls in this city than in any other city on earth! And that’s what we’re really here for, right…?

The basics apply: clean up a bit, remember that aggressive will always work better than aloof, the girls here love/want/need attention, and for God’s sakes, learn some Portuguese! An unlocked cell phone is really a must; you can get a local SIM card for R$10-15.

And for those of you who are just breezing through here for a few days, use that to your advantage! We all know that “I’m leaving town tomorrow/next week” game works in any country. Run some strong game, make the connection with her, and it will pay dividends, trust me. Might not get the 1-night stand every time, but the ‘next day lay’ happens here.

Day game: Not a lot of on the street ‘day game’, as Paulistanas are busy and on the move. But hit the malls! This city has more malls per capita than any city I’ve seen. Most of the stores are full of cute chicks working there. The malls will be slower during the day, because most folks are at work, and the girls end up just standing around all day. You’d be surprised how keen some of these girls are to a little chat, especially to a gringo. Just be smooth about it. Ibirapuera Park is also known for being full of tail, but I haven’t tapped that market yet.

So far in 6 months in SP I’ve bedded 8 chicks. I know, not a ridiculous #, but unfortunately I work a lot; and as I’ve gotten older, notches are not my driving force as they once were. I would much rather have 3-5 chicks on my team and set up 2-4 different dates a week. That way, I’m still getting sex on the reg, but with variety too. As one fades away, I just replace her. With this system, I haven’t had a drought since the mid-90’s.

Anyhow, I put this together because SP is a monster of a city, and hella hard to navigate upon a first glance. I can see why people don’t like it initially. If you have no compass, you’re in for a frustrating, confusing trip. But when you dial in and hit the right spots, you’ll find out in a hurry that SP is sick.

Keep in mind though, SP is the largest city in South America, and the financial capital of Brazil. Between the taxis, eating out (restaurant scene is excellent) and nightlife, it’s not a cheap trip. Budget accordingly.

Also, if you noticed, I never mentioned danger. I believe that Rio is much more dangerous than SP, but I’ve never had drama anywhere in Brazil. Stick to these areas in SP, keep your wits about you, and you’ll be fine.

From what I've read Sao Paulo is relatively safe for a Brazilian city. Also the thing I think that makes it safer than Rio is that the rich neighborhoods aren't as mixed in the the poorer neighborhoods. That's what seems to be the real issue in Rio. Even Rio though is supposedly no more than moderately dangerous for a Brazilian city. Supposedly Vitoria is much more dangerous, but you would't notice it if you stayed in neighborhoods like Jardim Cambouri, since most the poor and rich areas are well seperated.

I consider this my contribution to the forum. Lord knows I’ve spent hours learning (and laughing) reading some of the posts, I had to give some knowledge back; the sh*t on this forum is priceless! It’s like a brain trust of some of the best international players on earth!

So I hope this helps those in need; I want you guys to have some solid data so you can hit the ground running and take advantage of SP. Hell, as much as I try, I can’t swoop them all down here!

If you are passing through SP, feel free to PM me. If I’m busy and can’t make it out to meet for a drink, at least I may be able to point you in the direction of a hot party or event.

I’m out gentlemen, go forth and conquer…

Extremely solid post, +1. This makes me want to go back and check out more of Sao Paulo. It also helped refresh me a little, great work! I wish I could remember the names of some of the other spots I went to so I could contribute some more. I was so green at this point I wasn't really paying attention to where we were going.

A little SP Update and Perspective

I was in Sao Paulo for 5 months and have found this thread extremely useful so I wanted to add a little information for anyone else coming through or researching SP.

Logistics
Sao Paulo is by far the biggest city I’ve ever lived in and I absolutely underestimated the importance of logistics. First of all, traffic sucks. I can’t begin to explain how bad the traffic in this city is. People that live here their whole lives undoubtedly spend cumulative years of their lives at a standstill in traffic.

The Metro is not bad if it goes near where you’re heading. There are maps in all the stations so you shouldn’t have any trouble navigating the system. It’s R$3 (about $1.75) per ride which is reasonable and you can buy a card called a bilhete unico that you can put credit on to use towards all the metro lines and most of the train and bus lines. If you plan on being in SP and using public transportation for any length of time, I highly recommend getting one. Also note that the Metro is closed from midnight (1am on Saturdays) until 4:40pm. So unless you want to pay a taxi, plan on staying out late.

The buses I found to be very confusing and avoided them as much as possible. If you plan to use buses, try to speak enough Portuguese to at least be able to understand directions. Este ônibus vai para (insert destination)? should get you around alright though.

I include logistics first because it was more than any other factor the biggest hindrance to my game. I was living way out in the East Zone and I was at least an hour from any good locations and 1.5 to 2 hours from the places I really wanted to be going. It was hard forcing myself to go out solo when I knew it would take me an hour and a half to get where I was going and if it sucked I was stuck there until 5pm. If you are planning on living in SP long term, try to get a place in the West or South (Zona Oeste or Zona Sul) part of the city. Downtown (Centro) is good as well. If you are just coming through, anywhere on the green subway line (Near Paulista Ave.) is probably good. The new yellow line connects downtown with the West Zone so from the green line you are no more than a half hour subway ride to the majority of places you will want to go to.

Cost
Sao Paulo is expensive. My previous experience in Latin America was Argentina and I was expecting similar to slightly more expensive. I was wrong. While basic goods like eggs, bread, fruit, etc. is cheap anything considered luxury will be far more expensive than the U.S. Bring any electronics or clothes you might need as you will pay a big premium on them. Also plan on eating in a lot if you are on a budget as restaurants outside of the bakeries (paderias) and per kilo restaurants are extremely overpriced.

Going out was my largest expense. Cover charges (entradas) for clubs (baladas) range from R$30-R$120 (roughly US$15-70). Many places offer a choice between a cover and a consumption (consumação). Consumption is basically like opening a tab for yourself with whatever amount you paid. So you can drink up that amount without any additional costs, but if you don’t drink anything you’ll pay the full amount regardless.

General Thoughts on Game/Girls
I was totally shocked by how easy Sao Paulo seemed to be compared to Argentina and even the U.S. Part of my luck was that I’m 6’4 blond haired and blue eyed so I fit Roosh’s profile for success in Brazil. Every night that I went out and approached, I got at least a makeout and a number with girls of equal to higher quality of what I can pull in the States.

That being said, approaching is huge here. My strategy was usually to ramble and ask questions (in Portuguese) for at least two minutes and see how she reacted. My most successful openers were all just stupid comments or questions about the music or club. If after two minutes I didn’t get strong interest, I moved on. There were too many girls that showed strong interest in my American/gringo status to waste time on ones that weren’t into it.

I said that I approached in Portuguese, but every girl I ended up banging except one spoke at least conversational English, so I don’t think the language barrier is too huge here.

I’ll echo what Roosh and others have said that younger girls are largely a waste of time. I’m 22, but after the first month begin saying I was 25 because I was so tired of how flakey the younger girls were. All of my bangs were in the 25-30 age range.

If you are looking to get in a relationship, make sure you find out where the girl lives early in the approach. I broke it off with a girl purely because I didn’t want to make the 5 hour round-trip commute to her apartment.

As far as day game, I can’t comment much. I worked during the day and did well enough at night that I found approaching during the day unnecessary (and my day game sucks). There are a ton of malls here though. Frecaneca near Paulista Ave. is a centrally located and popular one. Ibirapuera Park in the South Zone is also a good location.
Locations

I don’t have a lot to add here to what is already on the lists here. Personally I liked Vegas on Rua Augusta (Saturdays) and Villa Country in Barra Funda (Fridays). It’s been mentioned before but obaoba.com.br is the best place to see what is going on any particular night. Make sure to check the website of the club before going out as a couple times the club I was going to was closed on a night it had been listed as open.

General Thoughts
I said before that I’d never lived in a big city and Sao Paulo did not change my mind about that. The amount of time I wasted in traffic alone would dissuade me from living in Sao Paulo long term. Sao Paulo is also not an attractive city and I’m outdoorsy so staring at concrete isn’t my thing.

That being said, I’ve never been even close to as successful gaming anywhere else when compared to Sao Paulo. There is a big middle class that speaks English and is interested in foreigners. Approach enough and you can’t go wrong here. I also did find the girls very sexual and caring in how they acted, though I’m not sure I could date them. They seemed to be extremely clingy.

Quote: (01-04-2012 01:31 PM)TheBear Wrote:  

A little SP Update and Perspective

I was in Sao Paulo for 5 months and have found this thread extremely useful so I wanted to add a little information for anyone else coming through or researching SP.

Logistics
Sao Paulo is by far the biggest city I’ve ever lived in and I absolutely underestimated the importance of logistics. First of all, traffic sucks. I can’t begin to explain how bad the traffic in this city is. People that live here their whole lives undoubtedly spend cumulative years of their lives at a standstill in traffic.

If you are looking to get in a relationship, make sure you find out where the girl lives early in the approach. I broke it off with a girl purely because I didn’t want to make the 5 hour round-trip commute to her apartment.

As far as day game, I can’t comment much. I worked during the day and did well enough at night that I found approaching during the day unnecessary (and my day game sucks). There are a ton of malls here though. Frecaneca near Paulista Ave. is a centrally located and popular one. Ibirapuera Park in the South Zone is also a good location.
Locations

General Thoughts
I said before that I’d never lived in a big city and Sao Paulo did not change my mind about that. The amount of time I wasted in traffic alone would dissuade me from living in Sao Paulo long term. Sao Paulo is also not an attractive city and I’m outdoorsy so staring at concrete isn’t my thing.

That being said, I’ve never been even close to as successful gaming anywhere else when compared to Sao Paulo. There is a big middle class that speaks English and is interested in foreigners. Approach enough and you can’t go wrong here. I also did find the girls very sexual and caring in how they acted, though I’m not sure I could date them. They seemed to be extremely clingy.

Bear , as a São Paulo local, I think you did a hell of a good job describing your experience here.+1 and welcome to the Forum.

some thoughts:

I lost uncountable hours of my life stuck in traffic jams, without a doubt.

São Paulo is indeed an ugly city , but it is so big that you always find something new to do.

Public transport is getting better each year,I would also add that the urban train is better and safer than it was before, it makes a good alternative to get to places where there is no metro( used it today to go to Berrini Ave. and Morumbi mall).

Staying in Zona Leste in SP is like Staying in Zona Norte in Rio. Very far from the action.

Thank god São Paulo is a good place to game women, I regularly pull talent and I'm an average looking middle class guy and not tall.

Like you said, your easy ride to pull here was 90% due to the fact that you are blond/blue eyed and a lot taller than the average Brazilian Male. Even game masters like Mixx didn't have an easy ride here due to his latin looks(even though he is considered a good looking guy).

Day game is golden here, but most girls you approach in the public transport or in the streets don't speak english.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Last saturday I went to a club named Museum in Berrini.

Price: 150 (consuption)
Girls/Boys ratio 4:1

Boys attitude: Bros Getting Drunk
Girls attitude: Patricinha going to Faap attitude (boring)

My friends and I started to dance as we use to and they started to stare. I don't mind. They may learn something instead of bounce like idiots with a sweet sissy drink in their hand. (that awful attitude that I am talking about)

I saw a gringo in the middle of everything. No game. girls approached him, but I haven't seen him making any approach himself or kissing none of them. It reminds me of you guys. He was doing the opposite of everything you teach here. I didn't feel sorry nor bad for him. I was pretty having fun of the situation.

Quote: (01-23-2012 09:15 AM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Do crazy ratio's like this occur often in Sao Paulo? [Image: banana.gif]

There's a possibilty for me to go to working to Sampa, in your opinion how much should i ask for my retribution ?
I work in software industry in Europe now

Quote: (01-23-2012 09:24 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

No, the regular is around 2:1. When the girls are lucky 1.5:1.... all that depends on what kind of music is playing.

Quote: (01-25-2012 11:57 AM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Quote: (01-23-2012 09:24 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

No, the regular is around 2:1. When the girls are lucky 1.5:1.... all that depends on what kind of music is playing.

150Reais? That's madness. I can't see a reason why someone would bust that in a single night, unless all they really want is just to drink... With that amount of money I'd party 2-3 times instead of just one, adding up my chances of getting some. Blowing it all at once (unless you roll that way $$$) is bad logistics for getting laid.

Then again... that is an amazing ratio, I even get suspicious...