rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DC Area = celibacy?

DC Area = celibacy?

Fellas,

I'm looking at a career change during the summer. The job in the DC area (Bethesda, to be specific) pays almost 3x as much as the same job in Houston, Tx. I will be in either one or the other for four years. I have never heard a positive thing about the opportunities in DC or its surrounding areas on these forums or from Roosh's literature. Naturally, the money is a huge thing, not to mention I am going to be incredibly busy anyway, but at the same time, it's a pretty dark day when there is absolutely nothing to look at. Any insight into these two respective cities would be much appreciated as I try to make what will ultimately be a pretty serious life decision. I'm currently 32 and tend to (typically) dial in on women in their early or mid 20's. I am much obliged for the thoughts.

DC Area = celibacy?

Love the thread title.

I am sure in a couple of months we will see:

DC Area = Suicide?

DC Area = celibacy?

redacted

DC Area = celibacy?

Perfect timing. Just today I was thinking to myself "why did you leave the beaches and women of south florida for washington dc "? The answer is I have my reasons and I made a strategic move in the chess game that is life. Seems like this is where you are coming from? Ive been here less than a year but my plan is working and I'm off to the next spot soon enough.

As for celibacy? Hell no, not unless you are totally whack. I banged 10 different girls in the last 2 months and I have 2 "girlfriends" right now. Admittedly not the quality I am used to, but I am working on enhancing my "quality" game!

So you know, I am in my "mid-30's" white and 1 of my girls is from central america and the other from asia. I banged a couple of DC lawyer cunts and a few midwest white girls. I prefer women from other countries. I will bang them, but I stopped actually dating American girls in 2001.

Also, I don't mess with clubs. Never even been to one in this town. Why would I? I can go to DCA and be in MIA in 3 hours for $250 if I want a club. Or I can take a bus for $25 and be in Manhattan in 4 hours. I like happy hours, outdoor group activities and networking. I have a date friday with a girl a female co-worker hooked me up with. I love referrals!

3 x the money over Houston? I'll take DC. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Glad to help a fellow RVFer.

DC Area = celibacy?

Quote: (01-14-2013 03:14 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

Also, I don't mess with clubs. Never even been to one in this town. Why would I? I can go to DCA and be in MIA in 3 hours for $250 if I want a club. Or I can take a bus for $25 and be in Manhattan in 4 hours. I like happy hours, outdoor group activities and networking. I have a date friday with a girl a female co-worker hooked me up with. I love referrals!

One advantage that people don't talk about with DC, is that it has some decent airports.

And is pretty well geographically situated for US and International travel.

DC Area = celibacy?

Guys make it seem that moving to DC means putting your dick in a lock box. There are attractive girls here, just not AS attractive as in other places (and yes fewer of them). Yes they also have attitudes.

But read Bang Ukraine...super attractive girls, very feminine, but are they easy? Do they just fall on your dick? No.

Pros and cons to every place. Do what some others do: make cash in DC then take little trips to other parts of the country. There are 3 major airports in the area, two fully international (good point G).

DC Area = celibacy?

I think hating on D.C. is played out and tired, it's the trendy thing to do on this forum, just like railing against "feminists". In all reality it's not that bad, and a lot of guys who are whining about D.C. would probably be whining just about any place they're at. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it's more or less the truth.

DC Area = celibacy?

Quote: (01-14-2013 02:22 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (01-14-2013 01:49 PM)HawkUnit Wrote:  

Fellas,

I'm looking at a career change during the summer. The job in the DC area (Bethesda, to be specific) pays almost 3x as much as the same job in Houston, Tx. I will be in either one or the other for four years. I have never heard a positive thing about the opportunities in DC or its surrounding areas on these forums or from Roosh's literature. Naturally, the money is a huge thing, not to mention I am going to be incredibly busy anyway, but at the same time, it's a pretty dark day when there is absolutely nothing to look at. Any insight into these two respective cities would be much appreciated as I try to make what will ultimately be a pretty serious life decision. I'm currently 32 and tend to (typically) dial in on women in their early or mid 20's. I am much obliged for the thoughts.
Houston
- not nearly as cosmopolitan as dc
- white, black, latin, asian women all over the place. Houston has 4x the population of DC.

Houston 60 v. DC 180 - I'd go with Houston for the quality of life. You can still have a mid sized japanese car, live in a okay area of town, and have enough cash to hit the typical spots.

Way off. City limits DC (small city about the size of Brooklyn) has about 630,00 residents but the Metro area is over 5 million. Factor in Baltimore which is 45 minutes away and suburbs you are talking 8.5 million people in a 60 mile radius. I don't work for the census bureau but I'm pretty sure Houston does not have 32 million people.

60k vs 180k go for 60k in Houston. That is horrible advice. 60k will get you a Redbox DVD rental and a honda civic with no money left in the bank. 180k in DC this guy is living very well saving plenty of cash.

DC Area = celibacy?

Yeah if the job in D.C. pays 3 X as much you got to take that! Cost of living in D.C. is probably quite a bit higher than Houston, but probably not enough to cancel out the increase in pay. Worst case scenario if you hate D.C. you can always fly 2-3 hours to the Dominican Rep. or probably 4-5 hours to Colombia, plus you're way closer to Europe than your west coast homies.

DC Area = celibacy?

You could always invite girls from your state to come spend some time with you in DC (be it few days, weeks or even months).

If the money is good, go for it, if you approach a lot, i bet you wont find that hard to get laid specially if you can lower your standards. If you are not getting laid enough or dont have the time to game, invite a chick from your state to come see you and no more pussy problems. Simple.

DC Area = celibacy?

I have to agree with the logistics part of the equation. You can still get laid living in the badlands of Arlington and pull from DC, but it's one less hurdle to overcome if you've got your own pad in a nicer section of DC near a pocket of nightlife. It seems you can find a tiny ass studio for $1300+-, but you're competing with 25 people to get it. You can find better places for $1400-$1600+ If you're cabbing it and going out 2-3 times every weekend to try and find some hotties, you're probably going to need around $60K to get by. It's probably up and down around there depending on your lifestyle. You're not really saving anything by living in Clarendon and cabbing in and out of DC all the time. Also, riding the metro on a weekend is painful. Half the time there are delays and it is always broken. So yeah, go with the 3x the pay in DC and make the airport your new friend.

I'm still trying to find a home base as the bars I used to frequent no longer exist. Georgetown does have White girls, but half of them want to know you're in their tribe or you're on some gay-assed list. It's still possible to do, but just know that there is an air of attitude that may come with it. And half the bars on M Street are closing down with high rents. I'm thinking 14th Street and Chinatown/Metro Center are coming about. U Street comes in next. Then there are the streets that I'll probably never visit: H Street and these new bars popping up in Petworth on Georgia Avenue. Where are these White girls hanging out?

DC Area = celibacy?

If you like hot generic white girls, Arlington is not bad. I do better with foreign girls so DC proper is better for me.

It's definitely worth a 3x salary increase, NO DOUBT. And I think my game has gotten honed so much in DC I could kill it anywhere else (I was in Texas and I swear girls opened me in a way that never happens in DC).

The typical ugly frumpy makeupless femcunts you see in DC are on the metro during commute time. You go out to a cool lounge, salsa room, or club on Thurs-Sat, you WILL find hot chicks, even if the venue might be 60% guys.

Quote:Quote:

I'm thinking 14th Street and Chinatown/Metro Center are coming about. U Street comes in next. Then there are the streets that I'll probably never visit: H Street and these new bars popping up in Petworth on Georgia Avenue. Where are these White girls hanging out?

Chinatown is too touristy, but it's great to meet girls for happy hours or for dinner in general. U Street is fantastic. I haven't checked out H Street, but I would do it more for the bars and less to pull girls, so no idea there. Fuck Petworth, that area has some nice new venues, still ghetto as shit and I wouldn't be caught dead there at 2AM on a weekend.

Navy Yard is safe and has a shit ton of new bars opening up, but I feel it's going to be mostly for workers and ballpark goers, and definitely not a nightlife destination.

If you wanna mack white girls (the boring type that only dates white guys and an asian/latino nigga has to work his ass off to get), stick to Arlington and Georgetown. White people also like Buffalo Billiards and Front Page, but those places make me want to kill myself.

DC Area = celibacy?

[Image: attachment.jpg9528]    This topic has already been broken down

DC Area = celibacy?

Don't do it.

DC Area = celibacy?

Yeah this topic has been beat on its head over and over again. DC is a hell of a lot better than many other places in the US, but that's not really saying much. For me DC is straight because of social circle and just knowing the ins and outs. But for running hard game cold it sucks. However, it's one of the premier places in the US to setup a player lifestyle, particularly international player. There's a huge international population. There hasn't been a country I've been to where I don't know someone I met in DC that's from there as well. Not too many places in America where you can say that. Great airport logistics as G pointed out and many well-paying jobs. That's a winning formula in my book.

DC Area = celibacy?

Quote: (01-14-2013 04:53 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I think hating on D.C. is played out and tired, it's the trendy thing to do on this forum, just like railing against "feminists". In all reality it's not that bad, and a lot of guys who are whining about D.C. would probably be whining just about any place they're at. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it's more or less the truth.

There are certain cities that people like to beat up on this forum.

SF is another one. London is another. Barcelona is another. There are some other ones, that I have tried to defend as well, that I won't mention.

I may be guilty of it from time to time as well. But to be honest, if you are clocking 180k per year and in SF or DC you could be doing a lot worse I think.

Still, it is always fun to kick a city when its down (or in this case up, as DC and SF are probably two of the most prominent cities in America right now).

DC Area = celibacy?

Yup. DC and SF are two of the places I've spent a significant amount of time living in as an adult. In the context of game, they suck, but for me that's such a small aspect of both places. Jobs, social circle, lifestyle more than made up for the flaws.

LA, NYC, Vegas, Miami will win all day when it comes to women and running game, but those places are lacking in other crucial aspects which is why I prefer visiting them over living there.

DC Area = celibacy?

Living in the DC Metro myself, man don't say it will equal celibacy unless you have game at all or just plain ugly as hell! LOL... It will be a big downgrade in looks in women when you get here and your new found salary won't take you far unless you're making over 200k a year and have no bills. There are allot of educated fat bitches who think they run shit here and you will get tired of that very quickly. The other issue you will find is that most women here are looking for another sucker ( I mean husband) and not looking for a fling. It's best to find a pretty main chick and then fly in and out of town and run game between NYC and Canada.

A half way decent studio will run you around 600-750 sq/ft will run you around $1500-1800/month. Anything posh will surely cost you anywhere between $2300k and up per month to live. And trust me when I say that! I personally hate this area but with the fucked economy I'm stuck here for the time being and trying to make the most out of it. Not I'm making around 150k and don't live in DC currently and on the outskirts (30 miles from DC) and still pay $2100 for a townhouse. Go figure!

Hit me up if you have any questions!

DC Area = celibacy?

Good thread, I never get tired of reading about this.

For me DC is straight because of social circle and just knowing the ins and outs. But for running hard game cold it sucks.

I disagree, I roll solo >50% of the time and I do fine. Arlington, Georgetown, Glover Park are social circle oriented. The good thing is you never need to go there.

Georgetown does have White girls, but half of them want to know you're in their tribe or you're on some gay-assed list.

These bars are George and Smithpoint. This is the quintessential social circle bar, there is even a closed online social network these kids use to gossip about each other called late night shots. Not a member or on any of the lists but been there plenty of times, admittedly the quality at Smithpoint is good. To get on the list you I think you have to be a friend of a friend of one of the owners (ie you can't just sign up online), but it must not be that hard since the bars seem to be pretty crowded.

I think hating on D.C. is played out and tired, it's the trendy thing to do on this forum, just like railing against "feminists". In all reality it's not that bad, and a lot of guys who are whining about D.C. would probably be whining just about any place they're at.

Guilty. It's not that bad.

DC Area = celibacy?

Quote: (01-14-2013 06:26 PM)Scarlet_Terror Wrote:  

If you like hot generic white girls, Arlington is not bad. I do better with foreign girls so DC proper is better for me.

If you wanna mack white girls (the boring type that only dates white guys and an asian/latino nigga has to work his ass off to get), stick to Arlington and Georgetown. White people also like Buffalo Billiards and Front Page, but those places make me want to kill myself.

Yeah Arlington has fully completed it's transformation into a yuppie paradise. I remember growing up parts of Arlington were kind of hood, shit there was a whole housing project next to my middle school that was full of MS-13 gangs. Now it seems like every neighborhood like that has been bulldozed to build luxury high rise condos or townhouses.

I guess it's good for people from there who own property, I know a few kids whose parents were lower middle class immigrants, but were lucky enough to own their homes near metro lines. Once the real estate boom took off about 10 years ago all these rich developers offered to buy them out, a lot of these people banked out, and took the money and ran.

There are definitely some hot white chicks, but they are all into your generic white upper middle class Abercrombie frat boy types.

I guess most of you NOVA/D.C. people have seen the "Arlington Rap" that was so popular like 5 years ago.

DC Area = celibacy?

Quote: (01-14-2013 10:08 PM)Luxe Wrote:  

Good thread, I never get tired of reading about this.

Me too.

What i find interesting is how old the RVF is(2008?)....yet not ONE positive detailed trip report from DC.

DC Area = celibacy?

Guys who say DC isn't bad has to list all the other cities they got laid in. Let's see what they're comparing it to.

DC Area = celibacy?

Even if it were the worst place in the world, I think it's worth moving there for a few years to gather money. From my point of view, 180k is gigantic. Why not save $ 100k and then move to a more pleasant place and live like a king for the next several years?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

DC Area = celibacy?

The OP says it is a 4 year job. Either Houston TX or DC area. The DC job pays three times the salary. That is huge.

In the player equation of Money / Game / Looks in the long run Money is the great equalizer. If a 32 year old man can increase his income 300% my question is:

For 4 years, why would someone take Houston TX for 1/3 of the money?

DC Area = celibacy?

I do fine in DC. To be honest, I actually like it a lot even though I will readily admit the girls are not that hot.

I can get all the sex I want, including recently actually fucking two girls I just met in the same night (one an okc 1st date, one I met that night after getting out of the other girl's bed)

Yeah the girls, I won't brag, were not that hot at all (esp okc .. she was overweight...) and I certainly wouldn't show them off to my friends... but at least there were two of them.

I actually kind of LIKE the fact that DC is not swarming with gorgeous women because I can still get my fucking in but I'm not constantly stressed about the beautiful women walking around that I'm either too busy to fuck due to actually having responsibilities and not being on vacation or I just can't because for whatever reason they have boyfriends that aren't me.

I remember in Medellin the horrible frustration of seeing drop dead gorgeous girls all the time and feeling like I just could not crack into that tier of astonishingly sexy women or feeling like this stupid schmuck of a kid should not be with this girl that I'd give my left nut to fuck and having to convince myself that they are probably highs school sweethearts or he is a filthy rich drug lord or whatever else I had to feed my own rationalization hamster to help me accept why I just couldn't get those girls.

In DC I can make a reasonably mentally convincing argument that I may be among some of the best players here and I don't have sexy girls walking around on other guys' arms all the time to convince me otherwise.