rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh's take on the RSD way

I've never met anyone that I've identified or has identified themself as being of the RSD school of thought.
But I have however indirectly encountered that palpable PUA hate that Roosh talks about.

Read all about it here.

I believe Roosh accurately describes the phenomenon in that post. Basically, they were a little too cultish and pushed too hard.

We all understand that Game requires a lot of work, but you also have to have a sort of 'laid back' attitude towards it, otherwise you'll burn out quickly before you reach your prime. That's why bloggers like Roosh also advocate having something outside of Game which you're passionate about.

RSD is intense. If you've ever watched The Blueprint you'll see that they put too much focus on quite an aggressive, all-in sort of style that they tried to adapt from 2AM club Game and change it into Day Game. It doesn't work too well in my opinion, although I'm sure there's going to be a few people here who will testify that they have some good concepts.

From what I gathered reading The Game, RSD is useful in that it will actually put you on the path towards making the right moves to attract women. Where I feel it would probably fail is that these moves aren't exactly genuine, so there's always the chance that a girl might sense some incongruency, or someone might crack under pressure and revert back to their old ways if a girl doesn't react exactly how they expect to their game.

As for the intensity, I'm not overly concerned by that, as long as there are actually other things in your life besides women. You'll get confident with women by gaming all the time, but that probably won't lead to genuine confidence in other areas in your life, which again raises the congruency issues, etc..

Haha, I think I know which forum member Roosh refers to in that post. I think the stuff Roosh talks about is more how RSD used to be back in the day. From what I have seen, they do have good game advice, especially the more recent videos I've seen have good inner game stuff, practical advice, and is more about personal development. If they are still trying to say that looks don't matter, that's a crock of horseshit. Anyways, I'd say that if Roosh watched the RSD videos he's most likely agree with the vast majority of what TD teaches. He's got a point about RSD being kind of culty, but that's just cause there are a bunch of aimless guys out there who feel the need to follow something to give their lives meaning or fill a void, I'm sure Roosh and Heartiste have a cult like effect on some of their followers.

Kinda sounds like the hordes of approach machines make a bad place worse.

RSD is producing cannon fodder in numbers. Think back to Japan or the Viet Cong. They are like the ones that had to rush first into a hail of bullets. No training, weapons, or sometimes uniforms.

In the end they are doing "online" damage in person, which is exponential. When a girl gets approached by 20 chode monkeys a day no shit she will turn on some serious bitch shields. What if you were approached by 20 fatties? Wouldn't you start getting a complex?

You can't cheat the system by surpassing inner game. Luckily they are in Canada though, and that doesn't effect me.

I got all my game from RSD and it definitely works. Some of their instructors really know their shit (Alex, Brad and Julian for example).

I am just on here for the travel info, someone on the RSD forum recommended it to me.

And just in case this sounds too much like an advertisement, I found this forum through a travel thread on rsdnation so the love should go both ways [Image: wink.gif]

About eight years ago they were all about getting in state, high energy based game and all that flashy shit. Then they switched to natural game and started breaking it down really in depth like nobody else. Nowadays they tackle every aspect of dating/hooking up and they focus on big picture stuff and keep it very blunt and real at the same time. Like for example I've never seen a pickup teacher mocking dudes' fantasies of approach-to-lay-ratios or batting average shit .

I'm RSD disciple. To me they're beyond pickup competition on every level.

"Another RSD student did a “30 day challenge” where if he didn’t get laid with going out in that month, he would sleep on the street with homeless people."

That's some creepy, creepy stuff right there. You can't tell me that on day 29 that guy didn't have a desperate as hell vibe that would totally kill any chance of getting laid.

What Roosh describes sounds very different from what my friend, who has never heard of 'game', describes. The thing is, he is an English guy who moved to Toronto on a visa-work placement thing. He's English- therefore he's a 'celebrity' over there, in a small scale way. Women are besotted by status and group-approval, as we know, and he killed it over there. He fucked three or four women before settling for a 22yr old. He's only 26 but nevertheless - it highlights the whole 'celebrity' thing. They don't care about anything but power and status.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Lol. They sound weird as fuck. You need other hobbies and interests besides pussy.

This is most RSD guys look like when they're "getting into state" or having "nimbus" at the club:

The good thing about being a refined player is girls will will gravitate toward you the more these weirdo's push them.

You can't take seriously a company that said looks don't matter and that you should approach day game the same exact way you would approach night game.

Quote: (01-03-2013 06:00 PM)XXL Wrote:  

About eight years ago they were all about ...
Then they switched to ...
Nowadays they tackle every aspect

The lack of consistency in their teaching is a troublingsign of pedagogy and quality-control problems. On the other hand, it is not clear you can have a big impact in a weekend bootcamp. Getting shy guys to approach may be the biggest, fastest way to help them.

But it is clear that Tyler is all about hanging out in clubs for many hours. He derides the whole batting average concept, saying that if you don't enjoy approaching then failure is due to your attitude. If you dare to question the effectiveness of his spam approach then you are a worthless nerd who does not deserve love.

It sounds like Tyler is a one-trick pony. Before marriage, he bopped around amusing himself and approaching drunk L.A. club sluts en masse.

Quote: (01-03-2013 06:00 PM)XXL Wrote:  

I'm RSD disciple. To me they're beyond pickup competition on every level.

This was obvious to me the moment I read your first post.

It's a bit sad that Roosh is now promulgating his faulty and superficial understanding of RSD and the community gets a bad rap.

Just realized now that there is a blogpost. Really disappointed.

Their game stuff is far above what Roosh teached and their instructors are way better with girls. Unless Roosh gets laid more than he reports in his books. I am friends with an intern who worked on a lot of bootcamps and my friends went to the summit and some took bootcamps. They all report only good things and that the instructors and interns/advanced students just clean up.

Roosh has great travel advice though, don't get me wrong. I enjoy this forum for that reason. But talking shit about another company (where people actually endorse this forum for the travel content) is pretty low.

I am also disappointed in the responses of some resident posters here. Do your own research please. They are all about sorting out your inner game, getting your life in check and not just doing pickup. Just because there are a few idiots who don't get it (like everywhere) doesn't mean it's flawed.

If I sound like a fanboy it's because they helped me turn my life around. From creepy lonely gamer to traveling entrepreneur playboy. For that I will be forever in their debt. If that makes me a fanboy or rsd drone, so be it.

Quote: (01-03-2013 07:08 PM)JTv1 Wrote:  

This is most RSD guys look like when they're "getting into state" or having "nimbus" at the club:

...exclusive footage of the Microsoft ceo's reaction to Steve Jobs' passing.

Quote: (01-03-2013 09:01 PM)bface Wrote:  

Just realized now that there is a blogpost. Really disappointed.

Their game stuff is far above what Roosh teached and their instructors are way better with girls. Unless Roosh gets laid more than he reports in his books. I am friends with an intern who worked on a lot of bootcamps and my friends went to the summit and some took bootcamps. They all report only good things and that the instructors and interns/advanced students just clean up.

Roosh has great travel advice though, don't get me wrong. I enjoy this forum for that reason. But talking shit about another company (where people actually endorse this forum for the travel content) is pretty low.

I am also disappointed in the responses of some resident posters here. Do your own research please. They are all about sorting out your inner game, getting your life in check and not just doing pickup. Just because there are a few idiots who don't get it (like everywhere) doesn't mean it's flawed.

If I sound like a fanboy it's because they helped me turn my life around. From creepy lonely gamer to traveling entrepreneur playboy. For that I will be forever in their debt. If that makes me a fanboy or rsd drone, so be it.

OK, Can you elaborate. How does the radio you know differ from the one portrayed in Roosh's report.

Also, why do you think that Roosh-a scientific mind, with no incentive to draw false conclusions-would post such findings unless they were accurate?

Not being spikey, just genuinely curious.

I can't talk to much on RSD. I know a couple RSD guys from the forum. I've never seen them in action.
But I will say they've done some odd challenges.

I've watched some RSD lectures/videos on youtube also.

I only have word of how bad Toronto is.

I DO see RSD as having a lot of gimmicks and selling points, but I don't see that company to be as bad as some people have written it to be.

I just feel like its targeted to a young age group as a response of their surroundings.
some young people will take it as the next new thing without having refined thought process of it...Thus, I can see it leading to blind spam approaching.

But you know...maybe thats what some guys need. A flash course intro into the game.

In time, some will quick and go into denial..but some will figure it out,refine and train their game.
RSD is just a stepping point to some people

I think its the same with this new Simple pickup. Aimed at young guys. Tells them to approach fearlessly. Build confidence, ect.

Its just a response to the surroundings..one day it'll all evolve to something more human

*At the same time. Remember.. Bad publicity is still publicity. Both "schools" of game now have another reason to look at each other.

I am the cock carousel

RSD/Tyler have evolved so much since The Game. It's all about vibing now and self-empowerment/constructing your own reality/being YOU. Really, RSD teaches basically one principle: "be yourself" but be your cool, funny, dominant self and everyone's got it in them you just have peel back the layers, which takes forever.

The Blueprint is great. But the freebie vlogs from Tyler (& Julien) on rsdnation are just as good if not better. I rip the audio and listen to them when I'm driving or working out.

I haven't done an RSD bootcamp or anything but in all the 'new' products I've heard of their's, they don't teach even one technique/routine/gambit/whatever; it's all conceptual.

Quote: (01-03-2013 09:01 PM)bface Wrote:  

But talking shit about another company (where people actually endorse this forum for the travel content) is pretty low.

Whether people on RSD endorse Roosh or not is irrelevant. I listened to RSD products for years, and it FUCKED ME UP badly. I was running around doing some REALLY weird shit... I know a bunch of people who also turned out to be extremely weird thanks to RSD.

Honestly one of the best things for my game was when I "unlearned" and stopped listening to RSD stuff altogether. My overall happiness improved, and I'm way more normal now.

So whether or not RSD endorses Roosh or not, his post is valid, and hopefully a lot of guys will read it. Some of the best advice I can give to guys who are struggling and who like RSD is to... stop following RSD's bullshit.

Quote: (01-03-2013 09:34 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

RSD/Tyler have evolved so much since The Game. It's all about vibing now and self-empowerment/constructing your own reality/being YOU. Really, RSD teaches basically one principle: "be yourself" but be your cool, funny, dominant self and everyone's got it in them you just have peel back the layers, which takes forever.

The Blueprint is great. But the freebie vlogs from Tyler (& Julien) on rsdnation are just as good if not better. I rip the audio and listen to them when I'm driving or working out.

I haven't done an RSD bootcamp or anything but in all the 'new' products I've heard of their's, they don't teach even one technique/routine/gambit/whatever; it's all conceptual.

Brother, maybe you should take a break from RSD.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-17423-...#pid300060

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18480-...#pid322760

Quote: (01-03-2013 09:36 PM)travolta Wrote:  

Whether people on RSD endorse Roosh or not is irrelevant. I listened to RSD products for years, and it FUCKED ME UP badly. I was running around doing some REALLY weird shit... I know a bunch of people who also turned out to be extremely weird thanks to RSD.

Honestly one of the best things for my game was when I "unlearned" and stopped listening to RSD stuff altogether. My overall happiness improved, and I'm way more normal now.

So whether or not RSD endorses Roosh or not, his post is valid, and hopefully a lot of guys will read it. Some of the best advice I can give to guys who are struggling and who like RSD is to... stop following RSD's bullshit.

Did you actually read the rest of my post?

It's not bullshit at all. It has gotten me laid over and over again and turned me from a looser into a cool social guy. Also helped me to get the rest of my life on track and I am running my own business now. Same shit happened to all my friends that are into RSD. It works for all of them and nobody of us did weird fucked up shit. Some stuff for self amusement maybe but I still do that, nothing wrong with having fun and being a little obnoxious sometimes.

If it fucked you up like you describe you either completely misunderstood the material or we are talking about a different company...

Quote: (01-03-2013 09:56 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Brother, maybe you should take a break from RSD.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-17423-...#pid300060

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18480-...#pid322760

Actually the RSD material is helping me deal with these issues a lot. Hanging out with Molly 3x/wk for a couple months is what fucked me up. LOL. That, and alcohol in excess.

That being said, the RSD inner game material is such a complete mindfuck at first that i'd be remiss to say that it did not fuck me up too. I would compare it to the Humpty Dumpty story where the egg breaks apart but he's put back together stronger again. It DOES break you down, but it will put you back together again a much stronger man.

I think my problem was consuming both RSD and illicit, um, stuff simultaneously.

Ultimately, there's different schools for different types of people: Tyler overthinks and overanalyzes everything, which is insane for most people. But for the guys who also overthink and overanalyze everything (like me), it's great. Other schools of pickup are better of other types of guys, such as those who already are very socialable and friendly but want to capitalize on their women better, etc...