rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Colorado officially legalizes Marijuana use!!

Anyone else see this? I'm actually WAY more excited about this passing than I am about who becomes President.

Wonder what peoples thoughts on here are.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012..._feds.html

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:28 AM)IpsaScientiaPotestasEst Wrote:  

Anyone else see this? I'm actually WAY more excited about this passing than I am about who becomes President.

Wonder what peoples thoughts on here are.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012..._feds.html

Fuck yea this is my state baby! We are officially the guinea pigs for reforming weed laws in America.

[Image: tumblr_m63q8tX9S41r3zat8.gif]

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

This is a big deal. The war on drugs has been one of the most destructive forces in this country, and in more than a few other countries. If it can be done in two states, it can be done in a lot of other states.

The real question now is: how will the federal government respond?

How does this fit in with the Supreme Court? Can they shoot this down?

I think Washington State is close behind

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:38 AM)j r Wrote:  

This is a big deal. The war on drugs has been one of the most destructive forces in this country, and in more than a few other countries. If it can be done in two states, it can be done in a lot of other states.

The real question now is: how will the federal government respond?

Good question. It's really a no-win situation for the federal government.

If the federal government ignores the sale of recreational marijuana, other states may follow in Colorado's footsteps.

If the federal government massively expands the drug war to crack down on Colorado cannabis, it's going to piss off a lot of people, and not just in Colorado.

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:40 AM)kosko Wrote:  

I'm curious about this also.

Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

In Wa State they are going to make driving while under the infleunce measures where if you have a certain amout in your system you get a dui.

cool. wonder if this means I can fly from 'dam to Colorado with a few g's in my pocket? Hypothetically of course...

I guess Massachusetts just legalized medical marijuana, we may get to a point where there's medical weed in 1/3 of the states.

I'm all in favor of it. Peter Tosh was right all along.

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:47 AM)murrb Wrote:  

In Wa State they are going to make driving while under the infleunce measures where if you have a certain amout in your system you get a dui.

That shit is kinda scary... Isn't that a big reason why Californians shot it down?

Yep, shit like this is why I want it decriminalized and not legalized. They'll start cracking down on shit like this real hard if it's legalized and taxed everywhere like alcohol. I'd rather they decriminalize it and have anything under a QP or half pound legal. Don't worry about where I get it from or if I'm high.

I would be paranoid and pissed if it was legalized but you couldn't grow it, the government started selling their own shit and shutting down real growers from low prices, and it was so easy to get a ticket for being high like it is for being drunk. The government would tax the hell out of it and jack the prices up everywhere while being obsessed with people being under the influence like they are with drunk drivers. Fuck that.

Quote: (11-07-2012 01:28 AM)houston Wrote:  

Yep, shit like this is why I want it decriminalized and not legalized. They'll start cracking down on shit like this real hard if it's legalized and taxed everywhere like alcohol. I'd rather they decriminalize it and have anything under a QP or half pound legal. Don't worry about where I get it from or if I'm high.

I would be paranoid and pissed if it was legalized but you couldn't grow it, the government started selling their own shit and shutting down real growers from low prices, and it was so easy to get a ticket for being high like it is for being drunk.

You support Drunk Driving?

I think those types of laws are quite reasonable. Driving is dangerous enough as it is, we don't need people driving around under the influence.

I don't see why people wouldn't be able to grow their own weed (if it was regulated the same way alcohol is)? People can brew their own beer and micro brews are extremely popular, so I don't see the giant Tobacco Corporations taking all the profit, though I'm not sure exactly how the law reads, so the potential for it be controlled at the government level is certainly there.

Quote: (11-07-2012 01:37 AM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

I would be paranoid and pissed if it was legalized but you couldn't grow it, the government started selling their own shit and shutting down real growers from low prices, and it was so easy to get a ticket for being high like it is for being drunk.

I think those types of laws are quite reasonable. Driving is dangerous enough as it is, we don't need people driving around under the influence.

I don't see why people wouldn't be able to grow their own weed (if it was regulated the same way alcohol is)? People can brew their own beer and micro brews are extremely popular, so I don't see the giant Tobacco Corporations taking all the profit, though I'm not sure exactly how the law reads, so the potential for it be controlled at the government level is certainly there.
How much weed will the government let you have in your system while driving or walking around? A bowl? A few hits? I don't like having to be worried about shit like that. I've been driving while stoned for 9 years now and have never caused an accident. That doesn't sound good if I get pulled over after smoking a blunt 6 hours earlier and thrown in jail because of a test given on the spot.

The prices will get jacked up if it's legalized and the government aint going to let people grow their own potent plants if it's legal. There's gonna be all sorts of restrictions going on behind the scenes.

The recreational consumption of marijuana has been approved in Colorado AND Washington.

Apparently Oregon has declined this year. Bet it's back on their ballot next election.

(on a related note, why was an initiative to legalize recreational marijuana NOT on the ballot in California this year?)

Apparently they just legalized it in Washington as well:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Wash-...011970.php

Whoever said that they will blood test for thc levels was right, apparently you can get a DUI if you test at a certain amount. I agree with Houston that this is complete bullshit, thc stays in your system for a long time, you can puff a bunch of weed and get pulled over when you're not even high, and still test positive for all the thc you have in your system. Plus, weed doesn't fuck you up like alcohol, unless you're a highschool kid getting high on chronic for the first time, the majority of regular tokers can drive perfectly fine while stoned.

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:40 AM)kosko Wrote:  

They already did. Google Gonzales vs Raich.

Have to say that this was one of the most disgusting and politically motivated Supreme Court decisions I've ever read. But it wasn't argued well, and we don't have the retarded GWB around anymore, so hopefully this time the court will correct its previous mistake.

As a medical marijuana patient in California, I can say that I'm proud of Colorado and Washington. A big reason why California didn't legalize it is because of the massive amount of money being made in dispensaries. Good indoor wholesales at $2,500 to $3,200 a pound, and if it were completely legalized the price would probably drop to $1,600 or less for top shelf.

I voted yes on prop 64. Marijuana is now legal in Colorado. Your welcome!

Quote: (11-07-2012 02:17 AM)Katatonic Wrote:  

As a medical marijuana patient in California, I can say that I'm proud of Colorado and Washington. A big reason why California didn't legalize it is because of the massive amount of money being made in dispensaries. Good indoor wholesales at $2,500 to $3,200 a pound, and if it were completely legalized the price would probably drop to $1,600 or less for top shelf.

Ha, I dig. Why ruin a money maker, right? [Image: lol.gif]

I was listening to Joe Rogan's podcast the other day and he was talking about how medical marijuana in California, for many "patients", is just a cover for recreational use.

He went on to explain that doctors which approve patients for medical marijuana are having "rate wars" to get people to come to them. $35.00 and a complaint about a hangnail, and you're in.

Quote: (11-07-2012 02:22 AM)durangotang Wrote:  

At least you got one thing right.

Quote: (11-07-2012 02:47 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2012 02:22 AM)durangotang Wrote:  

At least you got one thing right.

Hey, believe it or not I am a libertarian. It's great, you should give it a shot. You get to bitch about both parties and can take positions based upon principle instead of party politics.

Quote: (11-07-2012 01:53 AM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2012 01:37 AM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

How much weed will the government let you have in your system while driving or walking around? A bowl? A few hits? I don't like having to be worried about shit like that. I've been driving while stoned for 9 years now and have never caused an accident. That doesn't sound good if I get pulled over after smoking a blunt 6 hours earlier and thrown in jail because of a test given on the spot.

The prices will get jacked up if it's legalized and the government aint going to let people grow their own potent plants if it's legal. There's gonna be all sorts of restrictions going on behind the scenes.
I'm sure that people who drive drunk say the same thing. "I've never had an accident" "I'm in control" "I'm a good drunk driver" Heard it all before.

Regardless, they will likely have to work out how best to test for it and what amount is "safe" to operate a vehicle.

Any sort of regulation or taxes will be passed onto the consumer, BUT it would likely still be cheaper than if it were still illegal, plus it isn't funding drug cartels in Mexico and South America.

Maybe they will, maybe they wont allow personal production, but the legalization is a step in the right direction. Some regulation is a good thing to control quality, etc and make sure it isn't laced with some extra 'additives.'

Just had another thought.

Some years ago, the federal government threatened to remove highway funding to any state that did not pass a DUI law specifying intoxicated driving to be .08 BAC or higher. Every state obliged.

I wonder if the federal government is planning on using such leverage regarding yesterday's decisions in Colorado and Washington.