rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How can the average guy build some fame?

We all know fame is better then game. If you have some fame or celebrity status, girls will come to you and offer themselves.

Yet, we never talk about methods to build fame.

We have been discussing it over in the Hunter Moore thread:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-16268-post-276871.html#pid27687

So, what ideas can you guys come up with for the avwerage guy to create some fame for himself???

I'm thinking..

Become a DJ
Start a band
Party promoter
Youtube channel
Local blog
Acting

Of course, whatever you do, it should be marketed well on social media.

What do you guys think?

If you go the acting route, I suggest taking acting classes. Attractive girls wanting to get famous one day are often found in acting classes.

Do your research on acting schools. I refer you to Backstage West (if you're on the west coast) or Backstage.com

Choose a school with small class size.

Audit the class first if they'll let you. Look at gender ratios, how the girls look, and class size. Ratios, no explanation needed. Class size, the smaller the more stage time you get = more eyes on you.

If they won't let you audit, pay for the class then if you don't like it in some way, bail out.

Choose class.

Take the work seriously. Take notes, ask questions, do the work. Even if you don't plan on ending up famous one day, follow this advice. Here's my thinking:

-Most guys in acting classes here in LA (and perhaps in other places) are either too shy or too forward with the girls.

-Taking the work seriously means you don't give a shit about the girls. This will set you apart. Don't initiate conversation unless they talk to you or at least keep the chat "elderly" if you feel the need to talk.

-Taking it seriously means you'll probably end up being good or decent at it and everybody will see. This is why I advise choosing small classes. Under 20 people is decent. Under 15 is optimum.

-If you're getting good and you're getting good feedback from the teacher, girls will want to be on stage with you. Girls like attention, even better if they're with someone with a bit of status.

-When you get to the point of girls expressing interest to work with you, you'll be working with them with lines and stuff at your place, their place, or somewhere else.

Game on.

Don't forget: even though I told you to take the work seriously acting is essentially playing, so have fun with it.

Well, I said boat racing. Some of my boys drag race and have been on the speed channel a bunch even as hosts. I was telling a story here about my friend who just found out he can sing and is in a band now that plays real deal gigs but he got married a couple months ago(he knows he fucked up) and then you have me. I am known local for some real piracy and having the fastest skinny water boat in the area. When I was a pirate it was pretty much a different bikini/hooters type girl a day. I don't recommend anyone trying that though.

Quote: (09-28-2012 12:51 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Well, I said boat racing. Some of my boys drag race and have been on the speed channel a bunch even as hosts. I was telling a story here about my friend who just found out he can sing and is in a band now that plays real deal gigs but he got married a couple months ago(he knows he fucked up) and then you have me. I am known local for some real piracy and having the fastest skinny water boat in the area. When I was a pirate it was pretty much a different bikini/hooters type girl a day. I don't recommend anyone trying that though.

What the fuck is a pirate today?

Go to a reality show casting

The harder you practice, the luckier you get.

I think the FASTEST (and easiest) route to fame (at least 'local' fame) in that category is becoming a DJ.

Otherwise, start rapping.

Bottom line is you gotta be out in front of crowds.

Quote: (09-28-2012 01:11 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2012 12:51 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

What the fuck is a pirate today?

Someone that steals booty.

Another idea: do something really stupid on youtube that you become an internet meme.

Quote: (09-28-2012 01:11 PM)Palo_alto Wrote:  

Go to a reality show casting

I made it through the first 4 rounds of casting for "The Real World" but was eventually cut.

Quote: (09-28-2012 01:12 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

start rapping

Good idea. I should have focused more on this when I was younger!

Kill a bunch of people. That'll make you famous.

Quote: (09-28-2012 01:41 PM)Sphere Wrote:  

Sure will, but I don't think girls will throw themselves at you for that kind of fame.

Quote: (09-28-2012 01:41 PM)Sphere Wrote:  

Infamous is not famous my man.

Fame is something that happens rapidly or built over ages. All we really need to do is be in a position of power. Eg: bartender, professor, mega bank all that jazz

I've got a new idea to get famous, but I need some forum members help. I want to build a human cannon and shoot guys out of it. Bitches love that shit. We'll start in the DR shooting guys across the river. It will be epic. To insure success I'll strap like 200 roman candles on the human cannonball and have them all go off at the same time whilst in the air.

Any takers?

I like the spirit of this thread, fame even at a local level can be the golden ticket to get girls lining up to offer their poonanies. Unfortunately, my pessimistic side says that the majority of guys won't ever achieve fame even on a small scale, because of lack of talent, motivation, and straight up hard work. I know this forum isn't about the average guy, we are all trying to excel and become the best we can be, but in reality to achieve fame and success you need talent with a lot of hard work, and maybe a lot of luck too.

Personally, I have no musical talent, at 28 there is no way I'm going to get guitar lessons, practice like a madman and become the next Van Halen, I tried rapping as a kid, it was fun but again I sucked at it, maybe I could practice really hard, write a shit ton of rhymes, but chances are I will never be that good. In my small college town there are shit tons of shitty wannabe rappers and crappy local bands. Sure maybe some of the best, most well known bands get respect, and some of those guys probably get laid from it. But, unless you have been practicing for years or are some kind of virtuoso, you can just decide one day to start a band, become a rapper, DJ, etc.

I'd say the best chance a guy could have at fame is maybe to start a blog or youtube channel and have it blow up... Even then, the chances are slim, and it might take several years for it to blow up to a point, where you could become relatively famous on say the level of vksempireofdirt, or the Hodge Twins youtube channel.

The other best option would be to audition for some reality TV show, you would have millions of random idiots see you on tv, but you'd get 15 mins. of fame and probably get laid because of it, while your 15 mins. of fame lasts.

So pessimism aside, I'd say Giovonny is on the right track of thinking, but most of these ideas are best suited for younger guys, or guys who already have a bunch of skill, talent, and experience in the realms they wish to pursue.

for those of sports minded individuals, get into the front office of a professional sports franchise. or sell it like you are a part of one. where i live, everyone loves football, baseball and basketball and being a part of the front office of the franchises here is instant fame.

Gio, I think you know exactly what I'm getting at.

Here's one Giovonny..... Religious cult leader!!!! Pussy city right there guys!!

Quote: (09-28-2012 02:47 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Here's one Giovonny..... Religious cult leader!!!! Pussy city right there guys!!

This is one that I've thought seriously about. You can start as a yoga instructor and just start adding in a bunch of self-help mumbo jumbo. If you're frame is strong enough, you will attract followers.

Fame has its price and only the famous really know that price...

Quote: (09-28-2012 02:42 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Unfortunately, my pessimistic side says that the majority of guys won't ever achieve fame even on a small scale, because of lack of talent, motivation, and straight up hard work. I know this forum isn't about the average guy, we are all trying to excel and become the best we can be, but in reality to achieve fame and success you need talent with a lot of hard work, and maybe a lot of luck too.

So pessimism aside, I'd say Giovonny is on the right track of thinking, but most of these ideas are best suited for younger guys, or guys who already have a bunch of skill, talent, and experience in the realms they wish to pursue.

Thats being super negative, i dont think you are helping here. You can achieve whatever your mind believes.

Some of us actually apply most of the quality stuff we read on this forum,you saying that this shit wont work is the same as killing the dream of many youngsters here. I know you didnt do it on purpose, but i thought i should say something so others wont get discouraged.

I will come up with few ideas soon.

Writing a book with get you some fame. I'm getting more and more emails and even have a some sort of a groupie (a girl i met on my trip and found out about my book) I have yet to bang her but she's supposed to visit me on Tuesday.

Down side is that i'm also getting mails from IRT's since my book is now also sold through Amazon India. There aren't actually buying the book but just ask for all kinds of advice, personal details ( for facebook?) and even pictures.

Polite as I am , i reply them all.

I'm dying to find out how popular the book really is in Backpacker circles. I bet my ass I can get laid of it in some guesthouses.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Bartender is instant micro-fame.

Other micro-fame would be restaurant owner, yoga instructor, any thing like that puts you in a position of power in front of a group of women.

Quote: (09-28-2012 02:28 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

bartender, professor

I've done both and they were both great for getting laid. Sometimes, I regret leaving my professor job but it was only a matter of time before I got caught banging students.

If I can't get anything going in the next few years, I might go back to working on a college campus. That was alot of fun!

Quote: (09-28-2012 02:37 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I want to build a human cannon and shoot guys out of it. Bitches love that shit.

I know you are sort of joking but this would work in the right environment. I know a couple guys that do trampoline shows. They jump on the trampoline and do a bunch of crazy flips and stuff. It's pretty cool and people go crazy. The are in great shape and they do it with their shirts off. They are on social media and they do get girls from it.

Quote: (09-28-2012 02:42 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I like the spirit of this thread, fame even at a local level can be the golden ticket to get girls lining up to offer their poonanies. Unfortunately, my pessimistic side says that the majority of guys won't ever achieve fame even on a small scale, because of lack of talent, motivation, and straight up hard work. I know this forum isn't about the average guy, we are all trying to excel and become the best we can be, but in reality to achieve fame and success you need talent with a lot of hard work, and maybe a lot of luck too.

Your right. It will be alot of hard work to build up some fame. It will be time consuming and who knows if it will pay off. But, I did want to start this thread just so we could brainstorm some ideas.

I could still see you rapping. What about a reggae cover band? 420 blog?

I have to try something before I get too old!

Quote: (09-28-2012 02:47 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Here's one Giovonny..... Religious cult leader!!!!

I have been thinking about this. Here in San Francisco it can happen. People do it. They present themselves as a spiritual leader. They have a website, do seminars, sell books, etc,

They basically become a new-age-spiritual celebrity. It's all a "cult of personality". If you think about it, Roosh is basically an online cult leader.

[Image: roosh.gif]

Quote: (09-28-2012 02:52 PM)j r Wrote:  

This is one that I've thought seriously about. You can start as a yoga instructor and just start adding in a bunch of self-help mumbo jumbo. If you're frame is strong enough, you will attract followers.

Exactly. We have a few of those guys here in the Bay Area.

I think most cult leaders do for the p*ssy, obviously!

Quote: (09-28-2012 03:05 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Thats being super negative, i dont think you are helping here.

OG is just giving us a healthy dose of realism. He is right that it will be tough to get some actual fame going. We have to believe in our dreams but we can't be naive and unrealistic. OG was just giving us a little perspective. I know what he meant.

Quote: (09-28-2012 03:29 PM)soup Wrote:  

restaurant owner, yoga instructor, any thing like that puts you in a position of power in front of a group of women.

I'm thinking I could do some motivational speaking.

(Alpha) Male teacher in the female-dominated profession of K-12 education

@Giovonny

I just want to know how to quote several people in one post. I've been having trouble with it since i'm on this forum. [Image: sad.gif]

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (09-28-2012 03:25 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Down side is that i'm also getting mails from IRT's since my book is now also sold through Amazon India.

[Image: lol.gif]