rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Career vs Girls

Career vs Girls

I guess this is a choice everyone has to make at some point:

Focus on career or women?
The choice of where to live for a good career is often not the place to meet girls.

Would you live in a 2nd tier city where you get friendly, hot girls......or do you choose a 1st tier city with a prestigious career/education opportunity but unattractive and unfriendly girls?

For example, Washington DC vs a College town,
Toronto vs Montreal, Miami vs Tampa/St.Pete, Moscow/London/Berlin vs the provinces.

Career vs Girls

For me it depends on the time frames:

Are you living there for 5 years of 6 months?
Can you leave on the weekends or will you be stuck there?

If its a short amount of time or if you can leave on the wekeends I would choose the Career.

Work hard to move up in the Career and/or put aside some money for another business project then get out.

Just like fitness once you improve and move up to the next level (higher on the ladder-better wages) you can enjoy that for the rest of your life so you might as well do it as soon as possible.

Plus there is always one or two hot girls in every city and the knowledge that you are working towards your life goals will help with your inner confidence i.e. better game skills

Best of luck man whatever you pick

Career vs Girls

timeframe is about 4 years, no real chance to move about on weekends due to work.

imagine one place is 50/50 guys/girls
...career town, is closer to 75% dudes/fat chicks.

Career vs Girls

Quote: (09-10-2012 04:13 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

timeframe is about 4 years, no real chance to move about on weekends due to work.

imagine one place is 50/50 guys/girls
...career town, is closer to 75% dudes/fat chicks.

Why line of work are you in and what age are you?

Which do you think yourself?

Its a tough choice since 4 years is a long enough time. At the moment I am making a similar choice and picked the work side of things. Figured once I have a bit of money saved everything from fitness, business, travel and game would be a bit easier and a lot more accessable.

Career vs Girls

Im leaning towards the small town.
What will make me happier: a hot girl waiting for me in my bed or knowing I have more prestige as spend the night watching tv?

Career vs Girls

It also depends on your game. If you can approach + get girls with ease and could probably get a regular or two in chodesville sooner or later, then that's not so bad.

But you're still growing your game chops and need lots of sets for approaching, chodesville could end up being a dryspell... and that always fuckin sucks - it has knockon negative effects on the rest of your life, and all you can think about is getting laid. So depends on your game imo.

btw, are you sure your big city is really gonna be that bad?! You mentioned London / Berlin vs provinces... OK Berlin does have a ratio problem, but still plenty of girls tho, and London is crawling with cuties..!

Career vs Girls

Quote: (09-10-2012 06:28 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

It also depends on your game. If you can approach + get girls with ease and could probably get a regular or two in chodesville sooner or later, then that's not so bad.

But you're still growing your game chops and need lots of sets for approaching, chodesville could end up being a dryspell... and that always fuckin sucks - it has knockon negative effects on the rest of your life, and all you can think about is getting laid. So depends on your game imo.

btw, are you sure your big city is really gonna be that bad?! You mentioned London / Berlin vs provinces... OK Berlin does have a ratio problem, but still plenty of girls tho, and London is crawling with cuties..!

Thats what I worry about. I expect to be so bogged down with work that I will have little free time to do approaches. I'm also at a very beginner stage in terms of game. My workplace has a bad ratio as well (10 girls, 25 dudes).

Its a shame I can't pursue both goals at once, But thats what life is about: hard choices.

Career vs Girls

mm yeah. well, you can still pursue both, just one more than the other I guess. It's alright to put one on the backburner while you build up the other. At worst, you can save up for some cool trips to some hotspots. What city is it, btw? I know there are horror stories here about Washington DC and Toronto, but in my experience a big city is a big city, there's still gonna be thousands of girls around even if the popular nightspots are a bit too guy-tastic and the economy too law/finance/government/IT focussed.

Career vs Girls

If you can't do both, focus on what makes you happy. It sounds like you don't need the great job in the shitty city, and that the small town will give you what you want, for now. However, it may get boring after a year or two.

Career vs Girls

I almost drove myself nuts trying to make this decision.
I was desperate not to reverse the gains I've made lately by changing location and practicing game...I've actually had success lately, and it felt fuckin amazing. I had a lifestyle where I felt like a real man.

So, moving back to a less favorable game spot felt like losing progress...but its not permanent. If I don't like it, I can always move to small town location! On the other hand, getting another offer in career town would be harder.

So, easy choice really: try 6 months in career town. If I'm miserable, I leave and head out...I'm not backtracking- I have more experience now and I know when things are working or not, and most importantly, I know the possibilities of travel and know how to change locations.

Career vs Girls

Career first, women can always wait.

Career vs Girls

Always choose the option they gives you best opportunity to grow.
I say money over bitches.

Team Nachos

Career vs Girls

well i hate my job and i'm srsly thinking of taking a longass sabbatical to get better at pickup. right now i run with this late 30s unemployed guy who goes out 7 nights a week. i fear that i will become him

Career vs Girls

why cant you have both

women will want you if you have money so focus on that. if you are talking about raising a family that is a different story. kids require time and for you to be there so a career with hurt that.

but generally speaking its easier to pull women with a high profile (time consuming job) than a cushy govt job as your income is more in demand.

god bless game and i never advocate spending money on a women but having a nice pad and dressing well will always be an advantage also telling them you run a company or are up there in management will never hurt you

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Career vs Girls

I think a lot of it depends on the career we are talking about/ the income of the career. If he's talking about making 45k or 50k then maybe the small town wins. If hes talking about 200k vs. 350k. Career all the way. I still don't understand why you can't excel in a big city atmosphere and still get near the pick of the litter. Are you not a med school student...would that not imply you get summers off for chasing tail. I'm a law school student and I get off about 3 weeks in December / January and 4.5 months in the summers of which I spend in Cuba. Why not take advantage of the summers for working / living in better fit areas for your companionship needs.

Career vs Girls

money brings bitches

Career vs Girls

I know guys that live in the sticks(small town) and commute 2-3 hours each way everyday.
They basically live right over the border in Pennsylvania and drive across NJ to work in NY.
Sure you can get a bigger house for cheaper out there and the bigger money is near the city but
that type of commuting lifestyle doesn't do it for me.

Team Nachos

Career vs Girls

I see no reason to live in shit villa and compete against chumps.

You want to get better? Compete against better guys. You want to make more money? Same process compete at a higher level. You don't get better spitting game when your competition is joe schmoe making $50K a year working for Babies Are Us management.

If you have truly pushed to the point of exhaustion, now you can consider relaxing. You're in your 20's this is not even a question. Come back when you're in your 30's and 80hours of work a week is actually painful.

You need to earn the right for access to easy pussy. Otherwise you'll regret it when you're old.

Career vs Girls

Money, always go after the money. Money trumps game...you're only competing against the 75% if you're making less than them. You can always use your money to vacation to smaller places and find your small town girl if that's where your heads at but in the end money gives you options...you can decide what you want to do, you become a low earner in a small town and your options are limited and the choices get made for you. Give yourself as many options as you can to start and then as you grow and figure out what are bigger priorities you have the ability to move towards that...

Career vs Girls

Quote: (09-11-2012 02:28 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

I see no reason to live in shit villa and compete against chumps.

You want to get better? Compete against better guys. You want to make more money? Same process compete at a higher level. You don't get better spitting game when your competition is joe schmoe making $50K a year working for Babies Are Us management.

If you have truly pushed to the point of exhaustion, now you can consider relaxing. You're in your 20's this is not even a question. Come back when you're in your 30's and 80hours of work a week is actually painful.

You need to earn the right for access to easy pussy. Otherwise you'll regret it when you're old.

Post of the day material here.

Most guys waste their twenties with a reasonable job, chasing girls on the weekends, and credit cards and getting drunk with the boys. Then their thirties hit and they are saddled with a mortgage, a beer gut, and an over the hill long term girlfriend.

Don't be that guy. Use your most productive years to build stuff and worry about the fun when all of your friends have settled down. You won't be able to work as smart or as hard in ten years time, but you will be able to have fun.

It takes years to pull ahead of the pack, and I'm assuming you want to be ahead of the pack. Better get to it.

Career vs Girls

In my line of work, I'm in higher demand in small towns.

Win/win

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Career vs Girls

I can't imagine that any big cities are really that terrible. Even if you think DC is the worst, you can still regularly bang 6s and 7s and be on a 3 1/2-hour train ride the New York on Friday night. Even if Toronto is the worst, I'm sure it has suburbs and you can be on a 1 1/2 hour plane ride to Montreal on Friday night. Money opens up all sorts possibilities.

Career vs Girls

Quote: (09-12-2012 01:25 PM)j r Wrote:  

I can't imagine that any big cities are really that terrible. Even if you think DC is the worst, you can still regularly bang 6s and 7s and be on a 3 1/2-hour train ride the New York on Friday night. Even if Toronto is the worst, I'm sure it has suburbs and you can be on a 1 1/2 hour plane ride to Montreal on Friday night. Money opens up all sorts possibilities.

Perhaps some of us need to rely on location a lot more...not everyone can bag 6s/7s, especially those who need to put a lot more effort into socializing to get results.

I've decided to drop out of the top tier school I'm attending and head to a smaller town. My main goal is a happy and well balanced life.

Unfortunately, I don't see myself being able to succeed with pickup and career at the same time. I needed to do pickup full time for 2 months in Belarus to lead to 1 girlfriend. Its true, I was there during summer, but even in the regular year, it would still take a lot effort to do well. Even the girl I was dating noticed some of my social weak points and was a bit put off..

Thankfully, by prioritizing pickup I'm doing well. Even with a minimum of effort I do great in school...so that frees up my time for the real challenge of socializing and pickup.

Career vs Girls

"Unfortunately, I don't see myself being able to succeed with pickup and career at the same time"

Let me get this straight you're choosing low brow bitches over cash and believe being successful in a career means you can't have game?

Career vs Girls

Quote: (09-12-2012 03:27 PM)Spartan Wrote:  

Quote: (09-12-2012 01:25 PM)j r Wrote:  

Perhaps some of us need to rely on location a lot more...not everyone can bag 6s/7s, especially those who need to put a lot more effort into socializing to get results.

I've decided to drop out of the top tier school I'm attending and head to a smaller town. My main goal is a happy and well balanced life.

Unfortunately, I don't see myself being able to succeed with pickup and career at the same time. I needed to do pickup full time for 2 months in Belarus to lead to 1 girlfriend. Its true, I was there during summer, but even in the regular year, it would still take a lot effort to do well. Even the girl I was dating noticed some of my social weak points and was a bit put off..

Thankfully, by prioritizing pickup I'm doing well. Even with a minimum of effort I do great in school...so that frees up my time for the real challenge of socializing and pickup.

Aren't you somewhat bothered by what these bold sentences say?