rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beta crying test

Beta crying test

Watch these two videos in sequential order, no skipping around.

The second one got me more than the first. [Image: cry.gif]

Beta crying test

Both twitched my crying muscles a bit. Father and son situations get to me too.

The scene where Bruce Willis was about to die in "Armageddon" almost did me in (although that's more of a daughter-father relationship)

Beta crying test

Seen 'em both.

I'm a sucker for sentimental videos.

I think most guys who find game are prone to sentimentalism and sappiness.

We didn't need to learn game because were were naturally cruel and manipulative. Those are traits we needed to learn in order to succeed with women.

Beta crying test

saw one of these commercials man it ripped me to shreds seeing kids going through this shit. it came on during a football game and i had to get hold of my emotions. i felt the tears coming up involuntarily which is something i hadn't felt in a long time (years). even when you think you are the man living life not giving a fuck, being desensitized to all kinds of shit, something like this can fuck you up

Beta crying test

Both of those videos got to me a bit. First one more. I guess it's whichever one you relate too more. I find myself getting that emotional feeling a bunch in movies sometimes in the weirdest scenes, usually when something has culminated or there is some kind of overwhelming realization.

The best one I can think of is the ending scene to the series 6 feet under.

Beta crying test

The combination of the two is killer.

Beta crying test

I wasn't close to tears, but the second one was moving. The video that still gets me--even after seeing it like 50 times--is the Panyee Football Club short. I've not cried, but it's the closest I've gotten in, say, five years.

This is a straight-up masterpiece:

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Beta crying test

Quote: (07-30-2012 09:08 PM)j r Wrote:  

Yeah a guy can pass the first one but then he's softened up for the second, which I think is more powerful.

I'm curious to any guy who doesn't get teary at all. Whether you had a positive relationship with your father or not, one of them is going to hit you.

Beta crying test

Am I the only one who thought the first 2 videos were hilarious!?

I'm crying from laughter.

Something about seeing will smith act serious.

Here's another one.

Beta crying test

This got to me the first time I saw it, and the speech still does to this day. I was in the military at the time and we were watching this movie in the day room. It made all of us think of fallen friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApcrdI-XPdU

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Beta crying test

Neither one had me going until the dad came out in the second video. Reminds me of my dad, also military.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Beta crying test

the second one is a great video, especially if you're close to your dad.

Beta crying test

The videos didn't really move me.
Maybe it's because I saw a lot of Fresh Prince of Bel Air when I was a kid, and I always laughed my ass off. Also, it was lip dubbed in portuguese, so it was weird to see it in english.

On the father-son relationship:
"Life is Beautiful" (1997). I cry everytime.

Beta crying test

The first one had no effect. The second one, well...

Beta crying test

I teared up at the second one....because it reminded me how bad it hurt, pulling (no tear) my hamstring at the region championship track meet in high school. Yeesh!

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Beta crying test

Neither of them really did anything to me. My dad was never really there for me and I always kept it inside and still do. This song kind of gets to me though because I can relate to a lot of the lyrics.

Beta crying test

these struck emotion, but did nothing for me.
the only time I tear up when when war movies have to deal with family.

specially, if anyone had seen the movie We Were Soldiers.
the scene where the telegram driver starts giving masses of letters to the wife and she has to deliver them to all the other wives.

when she has to give a single letter to a wife to say get husband is dead..and the build up of the women knowing what the letter said, but not wanting to accept it..

people in the military chain of command do that now..and often have to identify the soldiers body to know who it was.

I'm fine with the stress of death..but I don't think I could tell a man or woman that his son or daughter is dead.
I don't want burden

I am the cock carousel

Beta crying test

Field of Dreams from the first clip to the end (2nd clip) get me every time. I watched this with two friends and my ex once. One friend and my ex enjoyed the movie, I was in tears, and the other guy made a comment about me crying. I asked him if he ever played catch with his dad. Obviously he said no.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Beta crying test

Quote: (07-30-2012 09:16 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (07-30-2012 09:08 PM)j r Wrote:  

Yeah a guy can pass the first one but then he's softened up for the second, which I think is more powerful.

I'm curious to any guy who doesn't get teary at all. Whether you had a positive relationship with your father or not, one of them is going to hit you.

Oddly enough, I didn't get teary-eyed on either. They both moved me, especially the second, but not enough for that.

Strange because I'm pretty unapologetic about tearing up to what i see in films, etc.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Beta crying test

That volkswagon commercial with the father and the daughter, that one got me crying.
Same with the ending to "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".
These two not as much.

[Image: sad.gif]

Beta crying test

This didn't make me cry but it tore me up inside. I don't like things with little kids involved.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/the-silence/

This movie was sad but you can't tell from the trailer

Beta crying test

There are certain psychological buttons which can be pushed to move the audience, up to the point of tears. I am NOT talking about "content" - e.g. father/son situations, genuinely moving things. I'm talking about basic physiological responses to audio and music with certain pacing and tonality. It's like hypnotism - or it is in fact hypnotism.

I first realised this when I watched a TV report showing the tour given by a North Korean government agency. The female tour guide spoke about the "Dear Leader", showing his statue, with swelling music in the background as she spoke in a precisely modulated but emotional voice. It was phenomenal. I felt my chest heaving and I was almost tearing up despite the facts that:

a) I wasn't actually there, it was on TV
b) I couldn't understand a word of the language
c) I knew that the message they were pushing was complete bullshit.

Media and governments have this button-pushing down to a science.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Beta crying test

This song always gets me thinking about raising a son, giving him advice, and watching him grow up. They both get me emotional and wanting to reproduce just a little bit.

This one a daughter (minus the weird cartoon):

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Beta crying test

Let's face the facts, if any of us "manosphere" guys had a boy, we'd be all up in his shit about being a real man.

If we were non inter-mano-sphere guys, we wouldn't give three shits about our offspring (most urban fathers in NYC).

Take a bet as to which mentality is going to get you laid more.

BTW I'd bet a lot of us here are going to be W Smith's dad here in the future.

Beta crying test

I feel for when elite athletes cry after a huge win or a huge disappointment. They put their bodies and lives on the line for the pride and glory of winning, oftentimes leaving their loved ones for months at a time to train.

Also, Fresh Prince was one of the best sitcoms ever. I don't think any actor will ever have the same acting skill set as Will Smith does. Truly gifted and inspirational human being.