rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How are you guys making $$$

I'm just curious. I'm not asking for specific details about your financial business. But a lot of guys on this site seem to be able to travel for many many weeks and often months and don't seem to have much concerns about money. If you do have normal jobs, how are you getting them to let you off for so much time?

What are you guys doing that's allowing you to travel for such extended periods? Do you have businesses? Or passive income? Are you freelancing on the road? Doing odd jobs on the road and getting paid under the table? Voracious savers? How do ya guys do it?

I've met a few guys who have internet businesses, usually affiliate marketing. But by far most guys are burning through savings. Their trips are not self-sustaining so they often have to go back home and work.

Heists.

Big Deals.

Top Ten ways to Make Money in a Down Economy

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2008/08/top...-down.html

The real key though is Four Hour work weeks sh*t : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307465...ive=380601

Less work, more CASH, automated flow, Location independent.

A few of us play poker online. I don't recommend it to anyone though, its not one of those things you can just pickup because your just in it for the money. But if you like it and dedicate yourself to it for a couple years you can make a good income anywhere you have a computer and a internet connection.

riker what stakes do you play? i am micro player...still trying to build up my roll past 100$.

cash or mtt....

ill be at commerce all friday!! sick gambol action going down there...with the asians of course.

Well, it's not hard to travel for weeks/months at a time in South America. It's not Cote D'Azur. You don't need much money.

Send me a message and I'll share my story.

jmb that is a great business model with the reworking CV and resumes....

very nicely done, sir. gl

fwiw i work at investment management company, 5 guys in the office...not a bad gig if you can take the hours (6am-3pm)

jmb,

"I rewrite resumes/CVs and do mock interviews on the phone with clients, etc. This business has really grown considerably with an all time high of 50+ new clients last month. I also do this remotely and have continued running both businesses while abroad and going to university full time."

Smooth. Good work.

No doubt you will continue to do well in this economy.

JMB's story is especially inspiring.

The best thing about jmb is "By my sophomore year of university I started a completely new business offering career consulting.".

Ha. Here is a kid who hasn't even graduated from college and he is "offering career consulting."

That is a hustler.

I have a masters degree in Physical Education...this qualifies me to work at colleges and universities....i worked one year full time at a junior college after graduation but then i got smart.....i realized that there are tons of "short term assignments" at most schools....Basically, 4 to 10 month jobs with no other commitments......for when teachers/workers at the school get sick, pregnant, take a leave or whatever. I have become the main "short term" guy in my area (san francisco). I usually work 6-10 months a year and then i'm free for a few months until they call me again. i'll be overseas and then one day i'll get an email from a school asking me about a job that starts in a month or 2. I just fly home , work a few months and then im free again. The pay is actually pretty decent... I have a little rental income from a family property, im investing a little money into a vending/washing machine business....which hopefully starts producing passive residual income.....i wanna get more into the 4 HOUR WORK WEEK TYPE STUFF .

"im investing a little money into a vending/washing machine business"

Good move.

All CASH.

Just make sure you are around when the loot gets counted.

Quote: (11-25-2009 03:07 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"im investing a little money into a vending/washing machine business"

Good move.

All CASH.

things like these can be a gold mine. Back when I was working in finance and had money, a friend of mine hit me up for money to start a laundromat. He showed me some financials that I simply couldn't believe -- shops making $10k+ profit per MONTH. Once you get an economy of scale in a location established, I could imagine a laundromat franchise in a high-density area easily being a six-figure passive income after farming out the management.

But alas, I couldn't bite the bullet (start-up costs were high and I knew I was moving on to graduate school soon).

Hey JMB (or others),

Out of curiosity, how did you structure your company? Did you start an LLC or anything? And when it came to registering, did you go through the formal route of registering as a small business at the city hall, etc? I am at the beginning stages of starting something, but I'm not sure how necessary it is at first...

Kerouac,

"how did you structure your company? Did you start an LLC or anything?"

Get a good attorney and tax guy to break that stuff down for you.

"And when it came to registering, did you go through the formal route of registering as a small business at the city hall, etc?"

I think everyone pretty much has too.

Again, a good attorney can expedite a lot of the red tape.

Its actually pretty easy stuff, I can't really remember though, because it has been a while since I have done it.

I set my first business up as a sole proprietorship.I'm not worried about getting sued but if i were I would simply take out an errors and omissions insurance policy to protect myself.

A mixture of things. In no particular order :

1.Play poker
2.Teach game
3.Freelance journalism
4.Rental income from my London pad
5.Lifestyle coaching

Obviously number 4 is the regular guaranteed income because the rest I just do as and when.

Passive income from residential real estate.

I think an idea for the future is a Business/Freelancers forum.

Quote: (11-28-2009 04:32 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I think an idea for the future is a Business/Freelancers forum.

Good call.

Btw I met some really cool guys in the pickup community in Buenos Aires and we're getting together to create a mastermind group of people with different qualities. Like people that are good with money, others with health and lifestyle, others with seduction and long-term relationships etc.

This forum is slowly growing into a well rounded type of mastermind group.

Roosh , What are your thoughts on Affiliate Marketing???

"I think an idea for the future is a Business/Freelancers forum. "

Good idea for sure.

Quote: (11-25-2009 05:35 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

Hey JMB (or others),

Out of curiosity, how did you structure your company? Did you start an LLC or anything? And when it came to registering, did you go through the formal route of registering as a small business at the city hall, etc? I am at the beginning stages of starting something, but I'm not sure how necessary it is at first...

I just registered an LLC last Tuesday. Today I wake up and all of the info is on the state website. You have to have an online account for workers comp, and that's up, too. Even with Thanksgiving and Hawaii's government shutdown. We have a new holiday out here called "Furlough Friday."

A lawyer did it and charged $570, all fees included. She was kind of hot too, in a bookish local-Japanese sort of way. She had a boyfriend but said he was working on Maui and she wouldn't see him until Christmas. I have to go see her tomorrow. Her name is "Summer" and I like that.

You should talk to a lawyer to see when the best time to start operating under registration is. You have a limited time to claim losses which I learned the hard way with my fishing business. A lot of banks want to see longevity on your accounts, when it comes time to give credit so the sooner you start might be better. That being said I only use Hawaii banks so I don't know how mainland one's work.

Aloha!

Depending on what state you live in, owning an LLC can get expensive. In Cali, it's something like $700/yr minimum to maintain. Other states are less, but still an expense.

Plus you have some one-time fees, have to file separate tax returns, dissolution fees, and registered agent fees.

The benefit is a legal buffer.

Few lawyers will recommend NOT getting an LLC but depending on your business you might be better off as a sole proprietor with an umbrella insurance policy.

I've dissolved 3 LLC's in the last couple of years b/c I realized they were largely unnecessary.