rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fascinating Video on Body Language & IOI's

I thought this video was interesting, so I wanted to pass it on. It's quite congruent with what I see in bars. It's worth watching the whole thing.

@ 7:33. The Horror! Lovelorn donkey stare.

It's interesting yet I'm not really sure what to take away from the video. The sole attractive girl (IMO) the redhead who talks at the very end, only seemed interested in the balding guy, according to the scientist. Yet at the end it sounds like she basically wasn't into him at all.

Also, this study would be much better if they weren't aware of the cameras until afterward (which may have been the case).

Good video, just finished it, quite interesting some of the things he picks up on.

This is developed through time in the trenches but it's good how he explains each indicator of interest and the reasons behind them.

Is there a good post or article somewhere on body language that can be controlled?

Two that I recall are not being afraid to take up space and stand ground (or at least not shuffling around constantly to take up less space). Another that seems to serve me well is holding my drink at my waist, or even overhand holding it low. I noticed that tons of people, both girls and guys hold their drinks up high and in front of themselves.

The best body language videos I've seen are "Code of the Natural" and Cajun's DVD.

Quote: (04-07-2012 07:58 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

Is there a good post or article somewhere on body language that can be controlled?

Two that I recall are not being afraid to take up space and stand ground (or at least not shuffling around constantly to take up less space). Another that seems to serve me well is holding my drink at my waist, or even overhand holding it low. I noticed that tons of people, both girls and guys hold their drinks up high and in front of themselves.

Although I think this video does a good job of describing body language and IOI's, most guys won't experience as much flirtation from strangers during most nights out at the bar, IMO, as that semi-balding guy in this video, to use an example of one guy in the vid. All the men & women in the video were single, and, they did not know one another (I believe).

Here's a source on flirting that has a component on body language:

http://www.sirc.org/publik/flirt.html

Roosh has written about body language too, I believe, but I don't have the link.

Quote: (04-07-2012 08:33 PM)soup Wrote:  

The best body language videos I've seen are "Code of the Natural" and Cajun's DVD.

+1

Just acquired both, they seem promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UCisrvgjlU

Any good links to stuff about reading the ladies' bodylanguage? I am not as proficient as i would like to be

Edit: the SIRC link is great stuff. Should be reqdreading for game 101

Quote: (04-07-2012 09:09 PM)redacted Wrote:  

Any good links to stuff about reading the ladies' bodylanguage? I am not as proficient as i would like to be

Edit: the SIRC link is great stuff. Should be reqdreading for game 101

Agreed. The SIRC flirting article is excellent. It's not geared toward someone interested in one-night stands though. I'd take a one-night stand over nothing but just going for those is a recipe for long long dry spells.

Great for those starting from scratch who don't have natural social skills. I kind of picked up on that from female friends who were sick of me blowing myself out by being an oblivious retard. They do a fine job of summarizing and explaining it, almost like a user's manual. Very simple things. Any guys on the autism spectrum who have trouble conversing should read this 10x

Quote: (04-07-2012 07:18 PM)R_B Wrote:  

I thought this video was interesting, so I wanted to pass it on. It's quite congruent with what I see in bars. It's worth watching the whole thing.

Look at that girl's teeth at 7:40. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome- just read this in "What Everybody is Saying"

One big take away from this book is that gravity defying gestures and body language impart confidence, and opposite gestures suggest low-confidence, fear, etc.

"Steepling
Hand steepling may well be the most powerful high-confidence tell. It involves touching the spread fingertips of both hands, in a gesture similar to “praying hands,” but the fingers are not interlocked and the palms may not be touching. It is called steepling because the hands look like the pointed top of a church steeple. In the United States, women tend to steeple low (perhaps at the waist), which some- times makes the behavior more difficult to observe. Men tend to steeple higher, at chest level, which makes their steepling more visible and powerful.
Steepling signifies that you are confident of your thoughts or posi- tion. It lets others know precisely how you feel about something and how dedicated you are to your point of view (see box 40). High-status people (lawyers, judges, medical doctors) often use steepling as part of their daily behavioral repertoire because of their confidence in them- selves and their status. All of us have steepled at one time or another, but we do so to varying degrees and using a variety of styles. Some do it all the time; some rarely do it; others perform modified steeples (such as with only the extended index finger and thumb touching each

Steepling of hands, fingertip to fingertip, is one of the most powerful displays of confidence we possess.
other while remaining fingers are interlaced). Some steeple under the table; others do it high in front of them; some even steeple above their heads.
In people who are unaware of the powerful nonverbal meaning of steepling, the response can persist for significant periods of time, particu- larly if circumstances stay positive for them. Even when people are aware that steepling is a tell, they still have difficulty concealing it. In these indi- viduals, the limbic brain has made it such an automatic response that steepling displays are difficult to overcome, because particularly when an individual is excited, he or she forgets to monitor and control the reaction.

Steepling makes you look like a wannabe super villian not sure you could really make that work while out drinking.

Worth a full watch.

I personally think that Bush would have been awesome at Game.

double posted !

"Genital framing" : Using the hands to frame the genitals is a display of dominance. It's when you you stick your thumbs in your pants or belt loops to frame your groin.

Check out super-mack James Dean, who had awesome body language that controls the viewers gaze and directs everything at his crotch. This guy's movements are lead with his pelvis, all of his energy is there:
[Image: Screen_shot_2012_04_26_at_10_16_56_PM.png]
[Image: james-dean_3.jpg]
[Image: rebel-cause-james-dean-white-mdn.jpg]
Thumbs out are a sign of confidence:
[Image: Rebel-Without-a-Cause-james-dean-16501391-800-1000.jpg]

This whole thread is pretty awesome. I just posted in fact on taking up more space and standing tall:

http://badgerhut.wordpress.com/2012/04/2...right-now/

Building on another post about slowing your movements down to convey control and power:

http://badgerhut.wordpress.com/2012/01/2...ng-slower/

You can really go down the rabbit hole here over-gaming your body language, it's best IMHO to pick two or three points to emphasize and work them hard until they become habits, then move on to some more. Pretty soon you'll have a full toolbox of body cues for both alpha and beta purposes (like when you need to deal with your boss, be apologetic, etc).

Higher status expressed through body language = Cool

Having "asshole" body language means that you can be more of a "nice" guy in what you say etc. Using body language, you can "neg" without saying anything. Then, if you talk "nice," it can get hamsters spinning. This is a good way of creating tension without verbally arguing with a girl.

I never bow my head to a woman, and always try to look down my face at her (sometimes tilting my head back to maintain this angle). This is a good trick to give the illusion of being taller/more powerful.

The guitar hero guy in this Southpark episode does this constantly.

Here's a pic of some guy imitating Thad:
http://madhatter82190.deviantart.com/#/d34ximh

Quote: (04-08-2012 12:43 AM)HiFlo Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2012 07:18 PM)R_B Wrote:  

Look at that girl's teeth at 7:40. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

She could floss with your dick.

There's something to what soup posted about the James Dean stance. EL and I tried it out this weekend and got girls staring at out crotches. Gonna tighten up on it. Awesome shit.

Excellent newbie material.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (08-11-2012 07:20 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

There's something to what soup posted about the James Dean stance. EL and I tried it out this weekend and got girls staring at out crotches. Gonna tighten up on it. Awesome shit.

Another thing is too make sure that when ever you raise your arm, that your palms are faced down.

This is the "kiss the royal paw", the opposite of the needy, palms-up "please ma'am, can you help me?"

In general, palms down.. same thing when you do a hand shake: if you want to assert dominance, shake with your palm facing more towards the floor than the other guy.

Don't ever shake a woman's hand.

Soup, great stuff about putting the hands near the crotch. Something I'd not even considered before but the whole holding your glass down low instead of up high at your chest thing I've been doing for a while now and noticed a positive difference in interactions.

6:05 - Drink at chest level, highly awkward dude

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.