rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

College Game and Social Proof

College Game and Social Proof

This post was from Dec. 2011 and it looks like CharleyHorse's last visit was April 2012. Hope he's still reading. If not, here is my college advice for those of you closing out your semester now. Prepare for fall because:

THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF EACH SEMESTER ARE THE PRIME TIME FOR FRESHMAN GIRL PICKUPS.

The reason for this is that no social pecking order has been established. These girls are still in high school mindset and don't know who is cool and who isn't. They're also away from home for the first time. They may be hoping to experiment for the first time. Also, the culture of college is different than high school and many people get thrown by how the formerly cool kids aren't so cool anymore, etc. What was "hot" in high school often looks "quaint" in college. Use this confusion to your advantage. They're in a different world. For example, the preppie chicks might have snubbed the spaced-out jam band dude in tenth grade, but three years later, they find him "exotic." So if you're also a freshman, stop thinking you have the same social status you did in high school -- you can establish another, better one.

This is the time to step in and dominate. While everyone else is feeling nervous because it's a new school year, you need to push those feelings aside and be Alpha from the outset.

Most guys waste those first few weeks thinking "I'll scope things out, then move in on the hottie when I've settled in." Mistake! You need to strike immediately and talk to as many girls as possible. Establish yourself. Network. Even talk to fatties if they have hot friends. If you wait, the anything-goes-feeling of those crazy move-in dorm days closes up like a wound. Then you have to contrive lines to talk to girls. In those first two weeks "Is there another laundry room?" works as an opener. Remember:

Most girls have not yet closed ranks with a "BFF" (so talk to any girl -- no cockblocks!).
No cafeteria seating arrangements have been made (sit anywhere).
No Thursday night parties have been thrown (host the first).
You have no image yet to the freshman girls (establish a good one).
No one knows who is cool and who isn't (make a big first impression).
Girls might not know the campus (get a map, study ahead and show them).
Girls might be intimidated by the classes (be the guiding voice).
Girls might need to be entertained (bring a guitar or electronic toy).
If they have a sex ed session in the dorm GO TO IT! (it lets them know you're "active" and lets you know who is DTF).
If you meet a hottie away from her b/f for the first time and want to move in, mirror her story with your own "g/f left behind" story because this often cancels out her feeling of cheating (don't ask, it's the female mind).

You'll notice I left alcohol out of the above advice. It's because that gets us into the sticky "date rape" controversy that's talked about a lot in the manosophere. Read up on the whole consent/alcohol thing at your school because you don't want to get expelled or arrested. The short answer is: if you're both drunk, you're the one that's held accountable. Unfair, but that's life.

Special note: If any guy from high school is reading this, you can go one better by going to a sleepover freshmen orientation. It was girls gone wild that night at my college. Most of us slept around one hour and the "nice" girls were the ones that drank the most.

Messages In This Thread