rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man Creates Effective Tinder Bot

Man Creates Effective Tinder Bot

http://crockpotveggies.com/2015/02/09/au...faces.html

In an effort to avoid the obvious negatives of online dating, Justin Long programmed a tinder bot to sort through the uggos and weed out the disinterested.

[Image: 1445295?v=3&s=400]

The bot would match him with girls based on what it learned as his tastes from 60 swipes.

Quote:Quote:

[Image: tinderbox_eigenfaces_models.jpg]

Eigenface is a quick and easy algorithm to implement facial recognition without the use of complex software like OpenCV. Tinderbox first extracts faces using the Viola-Jones framework - specifically the jViolaJones implementation - and converts them to grayscale. Only pictures with single, identifiable faces are used (to filter out false positives). Then after each image is normalized, its pixels are converted into a matrix where they are then appended to a list of models. The models are then averaged into a single face used for future comparison (as noted in the workflow above). The bot requires you to make 60 yes/no choices before it has enough data to choose on your behalf. Then its on full auto-pilot.

The bot did more than just get matches. It also sent out messages to the girls, and passed it along to him only after the girls responded a few times.

[Image: tinderbox_message_tree.png]

Here are his messages:

"{name} are you a fan of avocados?"
"So if I asked you to have a guacamole party with me you'd do it?",
"Do women love anything more than avocados?"

What about the results?

I've gone on at least 10 dates with the help of the bot and I've shown my partners the bot in its entirety. One date literally didn't believe me and thought I was pulling her leg. Another person thought it was really cool and wanted the full tour. All were in agreement that it is not creepy, though some felt it was borderline. Kind of nice considering it's not something you'd come across everyday.

[Image: gamerecognized.gif]

The code for the bot is also available:

https://github.com/crockpotveggies/tinderbox

Messages In This Thread