rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Depressing having dinner at married friends home...

Depressing having dinner at married friends home...

Quote: (12-27-2014 02:44 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

Don't mean to derail this but I think it's in a similar vein of thought.

Call me a scrooge, but I don't give two shits about the holidays. I never really have. Even getting presents as a kid, I always felt like I had to put on a show about how excited I was but I never really was. So every year that passes I get more and more apathetic.

The most holiday cheer I had this year was telling the AAA mechanic that installed a new battery in my car, "Happy Holidays." I meant it too. He came out the day after Christmas and did the job in about 10 minutes with a smile on his face.

I didn't call a single relative. Didn't buy a single present. Didn't engage in any stress whatsoever, and it felt great. To me, the holidays are a time when people stress the fuck out to buy shit they don't care about out of some obligation to other people, but their heart's not in it. Or they're stressing out by traveling and spending way too much time in crowded airports waiting for delayed flights. I know there are exceptions to this, but this is what I see.

I can't imagine a better way to spend the holidays than opting out of all that nonsense, doing a solid workout, cooking a great meal at home, and getting some writing done, or whatever it is you like to do.

I can relate to this so well. This is why I can't wait until I move out of my home.

Messages In This Thread