rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Am I wasting my time in Scandinavia?

Am I wasting my time in Scandinavia?

Alright, so let me just briefly recap the series of posts that's giving me my line of thinking here(bold is my emphasis):

Quote: (04-05-2011 10:32 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I haven't figured out the formula, and honestly don't care enough for the girls to do so, but strong social circle, appearance, and an "outgoing beta" vibe seem to the correct path. Girls seem to genuinely like nice guys.

Sex is more egalitarian here, a mirror of the culture. Instead of few guys banging a lot of women, like in the States, you have more guys getting laid but fewer can boast of rock star numbers.

Quote: (04-05-2011 03:02 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

The "outgoing beta" vibe sums up quite well my general impression of Scandinavians as well as just about all Germans I've met. A lot of the dudes from that part of the world do seem genuinely "nice guy-ish" which is probably why Scandinavian countries rate as the least corrupt nations in the world. Compare that to alpha countries like Russia which is rife with corruption, gangsterism and cronyism.

Quote: (04-05-2011 04:32 PM)LostGringo Wrote:  

I have never met a Scandinavian asshole in all my travels. Lots of "nice guys" and general good shits that I've met on the road. No doubt they have a different sexual code than what Americans are used to. Very easy to get laid, but not for the aggressive types; the best advice I received in Stockholm was to hit the bars and get well lubricated, then get to the clubs before the insane lines - and then wait until some woman approaches you - and it won't happen before 1:30am.

Quote: (04-05-2011 04:58 PM)Global Baller Wrote:  

I'm an Afr-Am guy with beaucoup experience in Sverige, and this is my M.O. to a T. I really believe that any brotha (especially from US) will be approached in clubs by ladie(s) and asked to dance. In Sweden, this always happens to me. It's really a no-lose proposition. Cause the majority of the chicks in the clubs meet -- or exceed -- my standards.

Roosh has provided here many criticisms of the region, and I don't doubt their validity. But judging from all I'm reading here, it seems like a certain type of guy with certain traits could do well in this region if he:

-Is a "nice guy".
-Is sort of an "outgoing beta"(basically a "greater beta" of sorts, plenty of those in the US)
-Runs passive game (relies on females to either indicate interest clearly or make the initial approach)
-Has the other basic pre-requisites(is presentable, is in shape, etc).

Furthermore, judging from what Global Baller and many others have stated on this forum about the Nordic nations, you can add bonus points if you're an African-American.

So, let's put ourselves in the shoes of an American greater beta who combines these traits. Basically, should you travel to this region you can expect to find(relative to what you have in the US) women who are:

-Far more tolerant of your "nice guy" persona(as Roosh states, they seem to "genuinely like nice guys", whereas American girls seem to hate them quite passionately..
-Not as gung-ho for aggressive game (which most Betas aren't great at anyway) and, judging from what Global Baller and LostGringo have said, far more tolerant and actually somewhat fond of passive game (a style a lot more suited to the nature of the beta who, by definition, is not a master pua/gamer). In other words, it appears that these girls willingly take on a lot of the legwork for you-useful for a guy who has not mastered game.
-Quite a bit more attractive (read: thinner) and sexually open than the average American girl.
-More "egalitarian" sexually-fewer alpha-chasers, more even spread of numbers among men(read: better chances for you to get somewhere as a beta, as opposed to life in the US where you watch the girls run after a few men with far more game than you). This is bad news if you are gunning for a really high notch count, but would most greater betas be opposed to this?

That's a deal I'd take.

My early(and relatively uninformed) conclusion is that the Nordic countries are a decent place to be a beta-you get access to women who are more open to you sexually, more tolerant of nice guys like yourself, and prettier on average than what you could find in the US.

If you're Roosh (who, judging from what I've read has killed his inner "nice guy" beta quite some time ago), it might not be such a good destination since nice guys are actually valued and high notch counts are harder to attain(more "egalitarian" sexual mores).

Context (read: who is the guy visiting) seems to be key here. at least, that is the conclusion that my(again, relatively uninformed) mind is forming.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Messages In This Thread