rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Humbling moments

Humbling moments

Quote: (08-04-2014 11:10 PM)nek Wrote:  

One thing I think is all too often missed with this "red pill awakening" is that there's a self assessment part that's not taken into account, and that's where humility comes in. Humility is understanding that yes, there will be people better than you. You are human and fallible with weaknesses, just like all of us. While understanding about the truth of the society we live in is important, equally if not more important is understanding the truth about yourself and your position in the world.

To do this, troubleshoot. Be honest about how you felt and why you felt (or reacted) the way you did in that given situation. Can you change it? Then go ahead and change it. Shame is a great motivator, and usually an honest one. If you can't change it, well, that's when humility comes into play.

I'm going to be honest with everyone here, maybe other men have this issue/complex as well. In his youth, my father was a very, very very tough man. Everyone feared him, and he was well respected. According to people in my family, he had never lost a fight in his life, and all that good stuff. Me being his first born son, I feel as If I need to be that as well, as if its a duty to my father and to myself to carry on that reputation of his. It's far fetched, and stupid (some would day) but it is a "complex" of mine.

In regards to you nek, because of this complex, that is where I cannot accept any form of humility. The thought that I am not as strong as my father, not as kick ass, not as tough, is just something to me that seems to spell out being the "ultimate failure". Of course in reality my father isnt perfect, but regardless..

The funny thing is, is that I know all of this is ridicoulous, but some part of my sub concious refuses to see it as such...

Idk, I have had all this pent inwards for awhile. What do you guys think?

Messages In This Thread