rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Grass is greener? I don't know...

Grass is greener? I don't know...

I have lived overseas for quite some time and I have been back in the states for some time. My main goal, after coming back home, was to help out my family and finish up a major project. At that time, I had planned on leaving for some other adventure.

There are a lot of things about the US I hate. Thinking about them makes me want to pack up and say fuck you. If things would have been different with obligations here, there would have been a good chance I would have done just that.

Something happened in that time. It wasn't laziness because I am working as much as I have ever if not more. Maybe it was complacency, or my goals have changed.

Personally, I think I think I just realized that if you can’t find happiness where you are, you won’t find it somewhere else. After working out the pros and cons of going back overseas, I think I should be right where I am at.

I don’t really ever want to retire. I have more opportunities here than I can take advantage. I just don’t see life overseas as being better besides maybe the thrill of adventure and pussy. Don’t get me wrong, I will always travel, but my time of living overseas for years is at an end.

I guess the reason I am posting this is that a lot of guys think it is better for them somewhere else. Hell, for women, it probably is true. But that isn't all there is to life.

I say take the time to really know you. I have to say my travels have helped me to do just that and I recommend everyone to travel as much as possible.

I have seen some guys not be able to return home because they gave up everything to move overseas and spent too much time teaching English or some other skill that won’t help them make money if they returned home. They are stuck and you are only as good as your options.

Having options is freedom no matter where you are.

We create our own reality based on how we think. I am guilty of negative thinking and that has always led me to disappointment.

This was just some random thoughts I have been having which I thought might be a good topic of discussion.

Messages In This Thread