rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

List the Cost of Living in Your Favorite International Destinations

List the Cost of Living in Your Favorite International Destinations

A lot of us are working on a budget.

And I'm tired of having to wade through bullshit websites every time I'm researching a new place to consider checking out. All too often, online writers just list out prices for different items (and in the local currency) rather than just committing to a range within which you can expect to live comfortably. Then I have to go do the research, etc, when all I wanna know is - how much would it really cost to live there?

So I thought it would be helpful if those of us who've lived abroad put our heads together and dropped some quick no-bullshit estimates on locations abroad.

I'll go first with Thailand.

Minimum Needed to Live a Nice, Comfy Life (Budget still needed but have nice place, eat out ever meal, party from time-to-time, etc):
$1000 US

Very Comfortable Life:
$2000 US

Living Phat:
$3000+ US

Obviously it varies from city to city and, as always seems to be the case with money, there are no limits to luxurious things to spend it on if you want.

Let's not make this an argumentative thread about what a worthy lifestyle is like, etc. If you've got long-term boots-on-the-ground experience in a place and think it would help, share it with the rest of us.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread