rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I be a nicer person, not a brutally honest weird asshole

How do I be a nicer person, not a brutally honest weird asshole

Quote: (07-28-2012 12:02 PM)keepreal Wrote:  

I seem to naturally lack empathy towards other people , even family.
I view people as a whole fairly negatively(kind of misanthropic),
how do I make friends with people and not sound weird and say offensive things out of and suck up to people I don't like?
How do I care about what people think about when I don't have same interest or I don;t like them?
How do I convince someone to care about me and get along, make connections,

As a rule of thumb, 1% of the people of this world will like you enough to be friends, and 1% of the those acquaintances you will want to be friends with.

It's not about trying to be interested or having an interest in them. You end up with people that you vibe well with. You don't have to put in effort.

To find these friends, you have to shovel through the 99% of people who couldn't care less that you exist, and then shovel through the 99% of people you don't care about.

If you live in a big city, there are people who will like you for who you are, but you have to go find them.

Also, you tend to become like the people you surround yourself with. If you want to be a happy positive person, you must surround yourself with happy positive people.

To find these people:
1) Go out to a public place
2) Identify a stranger who seems like an interesting person
3) Approach stranger
4) Have conversation. Run GALNUC from day bang or my WNDHC as part of the conversation.
5) Get stranger's number,
6) Meet stranger again. You've made an acquaintance.
7) Now go meet someone else. Go back to Step 1.

If you can approach 3 strangers a week purely to find interesting new friends, in a few weeks you will have a social circle and in a few months you won't have time for all the people who want to hang out with you, assuming you're in a big city. You can then tailor your social circle to reflect the qualities you want in yourself, by picking and choosing people who most represent what you want to be, and deliberately hanging out with them.

It's a numbers game. Go play it.

Messages In This Thread