rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

University version of "so what do you do?"

University version of "so what do you do?"

Alright, one question I notice university girls ask a lot is "what is your major" followed by "so what are you going to do once you grad?".

I usually reply to the first question with "how about you guess" and tease them if they are wrong. If they say I'm a business major I'll tease them for having used a 'major' stereotype. If they say I'm a major which I dislike I'll feign anger that she would even begin to think I was one of 'those' people. Or I'll say something cocky/funny highlighting a positive trait stereotypical to a certain major that she must think I show.

The second question I can't really think of how to answer it.

I've tried "importer/exporter", "making tons of money" "having yacht parties in the Mediterranean" something ridiculous like that. Most of the time the girls either say "no really what do you want to do" or are a bitch about it saying I should have more of a direction in life.

I think the trouble lies in the fact that many girls in university have drive or passion for a certain subject, they have planned their life since their parents told them they could be anything. When I tell them something absurd but cant follow up with something real and admirable or interesting they see that as a weakness. I don't have the same drive as they do I am wasting my life. If they are a normal girl I still get a feeling of dropped interest if I can't come up with an answer like "im going to be an ER doctor for a while and then spend the rest of my time performing free surgeries for underprivileged kids"

I have also tried replying with something along the lines of the "ER doctor" line, but if it is too absurd it shows no direction again when she asks "no really". If it is believable They'll usually ask more questions pertaining to the made up career and I wont have answers.

Any suggestions. Am I overthinking this? Was this beta?

Messages In This Thread