rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar

Quote: (07-03-2014 07:41 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Not sold anymore on ACV. It can't hurt but I don't think it's a panacea. What I do believe in is making naturally fermented foods part of your daily diet, to maintain your gut flora. My favorites are sauerkraut and miso, but ACV is good too. I use it occasionally in salad dressing now.

I'm not sold on fermented foods at all, with the notion of having to maintain our gut flora, and I have 2 reasons behind it.

1. It tastes bad. Logic tells me that if something tastes bad, we shouldn't eat it. It's one of nature's protection mechanisms. Animals use it to determine what they should or should not eat. I live by the same rule. If it tastes bad, I don't consume it.

2. It's not natural. Now I realize that there are many rebuttals to this (one of my own would be that I could argue that cooking our food isn't natural, either), but think about it. Our food (plants and animals) was made for us to consume fresh. It goes bad and eventually becomes poison to us if we consume it while in a rotten state.

Now, what are these gut flora that we need that only exist in fermented food? It simply doesn't make sense that our bodies would require something that only exists in a decayed state.

Fermenting food was originally used as a preservative, but we don't need that anymore - we have refrigerators and freezers.

Messages In This Thread