rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Resistant Starch: The Latest Dietary "Red Pill?"

Resistant Starch: The Latest Dietary "Red Pill?"

Thanks for chiming in with your experience, Rachacha.

I'm curious to see how much of the conversion drawbacks (bad gas) I experience, as when I take a look at the foods I regularly eat, I know am getting at least some RS on a regular basis. I'm also fairly certain my gut bacteria health is in really good shape - nutrient dense diet, lots of fermented foods, etc. I've had zero digestive problems for years now, and awesome immunity. Like, the last several times my wife came home from work with a cold or even a bad case of the flu, I never came down with any symptoms, despite living and sleeping in close proximity to her.

But perhaps I don't know yet that overall health could be even better than it is now. One of the things I eat on a regular basis is Jasmine rice.

I'll often cook a pot for dinner, and leave the rest out in the rice cooker overnight and the following day, eat it cold with breakfast....and the next dinner. I'll often have 2-3 servings of cold rice with my meals before running out and cooking another pot to last for the next few days.

I haven't refrigerated it, but it does get cold and hard, so I'm wondering if it's retrograded to RS just from natural cooling down over 12-24 hours at room temp.

Messages In This Thread