rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Controversial Comparisons to the Fall of Rome

Controversial Comparisons to the Fall of Rome

Tinfoil hat? Germany, Russia, China, Venezuela, India, have all repatriated their gold and been acquiring it in droves. France invaded Mali for it. The IMF imposes austerity in its bailout conditions for the express purpose of acquiring gold on behalf of the Troika. Why don't you ask Vladimir Putin or Angela Merkel why they'd waste so much money on such a worthless barbarous relic? This is all very well reported even by the mainstream media such as Forbes, Bloomberg, BusinessInsider, the Economist, etc. Absolutely I'm in gold and silver.

The EU has yet to breakup despite the insistence that it would. Greece did not leave the euro, in fact, not one member country has. The renminbi in the span between 2010 and 2013 has been internationalized from settling 0% of international trade to 12%. The rest of the world from Australia, the UK, France, Switzerland, Brazil, India, Russia, South Africa, have all made bilateral free trade agreements *explicitly* to circumvent the dollar. The rest of the world can't offload $3 trillion's worth of debt they know will never get repaid and are getting a pittance on interest for without getting nuked, so they're doing it a few tens of billions at a time.

Gold and silver are manipulated here as I fully lay out here, step-by-step: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15889-...#pid504652

I explain how the petrodollar mandates direct investment in our debt by OPEC and its customers: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26474-...pid502628, so indeed we've used our military to enforce dollar hegemony.

Both are well-known in financial circles.

Quote:Quote:

We have a $16 trillion dollar debt and STILL we sell our bonds at (close to) zero.

Well, I think implications of the above two factors are obvious.

Second, the 10-year treasury yield was 1.86% at the beginning of 2013: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/...year=2013. Today, it is 2.61%, despite the mainstream canard that "rates can never rise" and Paul Krugman calling people voicing such concerns Very Serious People. And because the Fed monetizes the debt but doesn't create the money for the interest, that rise of 80 basis points costs you and I another $100 billion in debt service via taxes. Real wealth.

Why does this spike keep happening whenever one QE program ends, whenever the Fed tries to conduct reverse repo operations, whenever Bernanke and the FOMC come out with bad news?

The basis of quantitative easing and the sustainability of our "privately" owned debt is predicated on an infinite continuation of QE. This is called frontrunning the Fed. Meanwhile, the actual economy has been contracting. This is why the markets took a nosedive the moment Bernanke suggested he might might taper next year in May. Because by guaranteeing that the Fed will buy bonds every month, it takes the risk out of holding bonds, because Ben will always accept it and give you a nice return. The moment that changes, it ends.

So it is no exaggeration to say that to tighten monetary policy would mean the death of the U.S. economy. It is that bad. I say this as matter-of-factly as when I say the sky is blue.

Furthermore, our Senate and House have surreptitiously prepared for the rise in the 10-year treasury by linking our student loan rates to it. If you followed the Obama administrations plans for "reform", then you know that they are actively preparing to gain additional revenue off the backs of our college students.

I (well, my dad) still does Elliott-wave daytrading and picks stocks, but we're cost-averaging into the precious metals, foreign stocks, etc. every month. And we have a fixed-rate mortgage:

Quote:Federal Advisory Council, May 17, 2013 Minutes report Wrote:

Uncertainty exists about how markets will reestablish normal valuations when the Fed withdraws from the market. It will likely be difficult to unwind policy accommodation, and the end of monetary easing may be painful for consumers and businesses. Given the Fed’s balance sheet increase of approximately $2.5 trillion since 2008, the Fed may now be perceived as integral to the housing finance system.

http://federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/fac-20130517.pdf

No, Ron Paul and Peter Schiff did not hack the Federal Reserve website, that is Fed itself finally admitting that there is no exit strategy.

Current low bond yields are disruptive to management of fixed-income portfolios, retirement funds, consumer savings, and retirement planning.

And the Fed makes no secret that its policies are hurting retirees and people planning to retire. The logic is simple: the Fed is debasing the dollar, so the value of dollar-denominated assets are eroding. Right now. They can pile as much financial complexity, derivatives instruments, and change the CPI all they want, it won't change the bottom line.

The other way out, of course, is war, if you've been following the saber rattling vs. Russia and China over Iran and Syria. This is what happens when you centrally plan a paper, debt-based economy.

And yeah, if such a scenario occurs and the U.S. is winning, then I'll save for retirement in dollars (although that would be the least of our worries.)

We would be SO much better off putting our effort and ingenuity against the real problems instead of pretend problems.

What, like gender inequality, climate change, legalizing pot? The single most potentially devastating threat to the livelihood of all Americans is a pretend problem? The hundreds of thousands have *literally* died to preserve this system? The traders who committed suicide when silver was taken from $21 an ounce to $8 dollars in 2008? The fact that as a direct result of the Fed's policy of ZIRP and inflation, over 40% of all Americans now have spent their savings until they don't have a single penny left, and are dependent on a welfare system that in turn depends on even more debasement of currency? The fact that the Fed has sparked a currency war with the rest of the world? The fact that the federal government has set up a police state because it is fairly obvious that our economy will collapse if this continues? All pretend problems not affecting hundreds of millions / billions of people?

Messages In This Thread