rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Whiskey Dick

Whiskey Dick

Quote: (02-20-2012 08:16 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Yet another reason why I need to work on my "less boozed" game

I still need the hooch to get me in the "fuck it all" mindset and I've had this happen a couple times myself. Learn on being comfortable without booze, or just learn when to stop. I tend to be perfectly comfortable with just two drinks in me, but I end up drinking more just for the sake of being festive and having fun.

Sounds similar to what my situation was. I had an alternate personality that only came out when I'd been drinking. He was a fun guy, most of the time. I quite liked him. I did my best to learn moderation, but in the end I failed. Year after year of steady drinking makes physical changes to your brain. There comes a time when what was a fun habit that you were in control of has snuck up on you, and inched it's way into way too much territory. My health suffered, my concentration suffered, and eventually even my personality began to deteriorate as I'd get cranky more easily and faster.

Knowing myself through years of being with me, I realized that if I gave up the bottle, I'd be giving up a big part of myself. But my health finally deteriorated to the point where there was literally no more choice. My stomach could no longer handle even a few drinks. The alter-ego had to go. At first I missed him. I'd love to have him back in my life. Haven't seen him since.

However the remaining personalities in my head still manage a good life. And I still have other favored drugs I can partake of. Love and sex, especially. Still trying to sort out some weed safely here...

Messages In This Thread