rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Law Career

Law Career

I really examined the law field for a possible career.

This is because I think that I would be good at it, and even enjoy certain aspects of it.

I decided against it for lifestyle as well as employment opportunity : risk reasons.

If you don't work in BigLaw, and can even get a job, then the average salary is between $40 and $60K. You can earn a bit more with some very hard earned skill building (ie: litigation), or working your way up in a very political public bureaucracy. Then there is a huge gap up to the average Biglaw salary. Be aware that you WILL be forced out of a Biglaw firm if they don't want you as a partner. This could be after years and years of putting in inhuman hours for them. Then what?

Be sure you know what your getting yourself into.

I'd at least make sure you have a very wide and deep understanding of the opportunities in the field, and make sure you have a viable escape plan from the legal employment market (like a law services business plan), before you commit.

If you want to maximize your chances of doing what you say you want to do, then work on creating "means of production" / property that you can leverage to make money (real estate, machinery, marketing knowledge, intellectual property, etc.). In other words, create or buy the means to offer a product that people will buy. As long as you are offering services, you will always be trading time for money.

Messages In This Thread