rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obesity Illegal in Japan

Obesity Illegal in Japan

Quote: (12-10-2011 06:05 PM)All or Nothing Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2011 02:32 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

False. Obesity has been linked medically to infertility, but that doesn't mean obese people have fewer babies. For whatever reason, obese people have more children. FWIW, the same people who are too stupid and lazy to stay skinny are often too stupid and lazy to prevent getting knocked up.

False, it isn't that people are too stupid and lazy to be skinny in the U.S. It is that it costs more money to be skinny than it is to be fat in the U.S. Our government subsidizes corn to an extreme extent. So much so that corn and its deadly offspring, high fructose corn syrup, has become a part of the vast majority of foods sold in supermarkets and restaurants. Corn has been proven to have little health value if not a negative one, and high fructose corn syrup has been proven to be extremely detrimental to health and one's metabolism. On top of this potatoes are also highly subsidized by the U.S. government. Potatoes, high in their starchiness and low in nutrients, also generally hurt one's health.

So, in this country the two foods that are the worst for people's health are also the cheapest. Both are so subsidized in fact that our entire agricultural system is built around them because they produce the greatest amount of profits.

To top it off, repeated industrial revolutions has led to robots taking over most of the physical labor in this country. Our workforce now dominates offices instead of farming, steel mill factories and thread factories. This leads to a sedentary life lived while working and since most people spend their decreasing amounts of free time relaxing watching T.V. or on the computer. Combine that with the is culture shift that is beginning for "fat acceptance", and you have the perfect recipe for a country whose waistlines are increasing at a rapid pace.

Bullshit. I'm tired about hearing how people can't afford to eat healthy. A giant bunch of spinach costs a dollar where I live (Colorado). A pound of broccoli is like $1.65. A 5 pound bag of carrots is like 7 bucks. A big celery bunch is like 70 cents. You can spend 10 dollars on fruit and it'll last an entire family a week. Store brand whole grain breads are not more expensive than cheap white bread. Lean chicken breast is pretty cheap. Tuna is 65 cents a can. You don't have to spend a lot of money to eat reasonably healthy.

The fact is, people eat shit foods all the time because they're lazy and/or because they like to. If I go to Mickey Ds drunk at 2 in the morning and wake up with a hangover from that garbage, I don't blame the government. All it takes is a little effort and self discipline to eat healthy. You can buy fresh fruits and veggies anywhere, including the ghetto, and nobody has to buy an expensive gym membership to exercise.

Messages In This Thread