rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity

The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity

Quote: (05-24-2015 09:51 AM)Libertas Wrote:  

As I have said, I have no doubt that those traits are at their root attractive, I just think guys worry about it too much instead of developing themselves physically, mentally, and socially. Guys get too caught up in the theory and not enough doing. Here is the YouSoWould post for reference:

I agree. It's not that you have to fake some kind of bad boy. Just be more of a dick towards women based on your own personality. That may be something as subtle as not reacting to her bullshit, sometimes not answering to her questions or answering with a grunt, walking away if you don't like something. If someone told you from childhood, that women like you being aggressive in a controlled fashion, would every man just censor himself so much?

The funny part is that we can be way more sensitive or open with our male friends than with the women in our life.

Also I might add - I have met individuals who were extremely strong and spiritual at the same time. They exuded an enormous amount of love, detachment, strength and charisma. When you have developed yourself to such extremes of the positive side, then the Dark Triad aspect to guys like that can be a cold or stern look or a few stronger words. No one would mistake those men for feeble suckers - even women won't.

Part of it is based on the fact that we don't understand what positive masculinity entails. It's not opening doors, giving flowers, being all nice and submissive towards women. That shit was brought up over the last century partly by the churches and by the gentleman doctrine - the reality of course being that men were by far more masculine in the 1930s/40s than now. No one had to show them how to be masculine - just watch a normal movie from the 1940s and see how the men behave - all men.

TL;DR - what I am trying to say is that a certain degree of Dark Triad is part of our male psychological foundation - just as aggression is necessary for us to defend ourselves. Women have their own Dark traits in the form of hypergamy, War Widow mentality etc.

Messages In This Thread