Roosh V Forum
Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone watch Game of Thrones? (/thread-6867.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Excelsior - 06-05-2013

[Image: tumblr_mnsxu3sivr1qis07wo1_1280.jpg]

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Eirykr - 06-05-2013

The only real man left with honor is Stannis. Yet he's still willing to use dirty tactics to achieve necessary ends and isn't stupid like Ned Stark (it's implied in the books that he left King's Landing as Master of Ships after Jon Arryn's death because he suspected something was rotten and needed to get away to contemplate his next move.) He doesn't give a shit about noble blood and is shown to respect merit on it's own in upjumping Davos to lordship and then his Hand.

Daenarys on the other hand waxes between badass conquerer and spoiled little girl, looking for all the world like a female version of her naive brother. If not for luck and the love of some really loyal and/or beta males she'd be dead by now. It's funny she used to be my favorite character back when I first read the books 9 years ago, but I wasn't very Red Pill then either. Now she just looks like an entitled brat.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - eradicator - 06-05-2013

Quote: (06-05-2013 05:05 AM)Eirykr Wrote:  

The only real man left with honor is Stannis.

tyrion, jon snow, davos, brienne, daario naharis, baristan selmy. Jaime has some honor, hell just this season we saw him go back to save brienne when he didn't have to

Quote:Quote:

Daenarys on the other hand waxes between badass conquerer and spoiled little girl, looking for all the world like a female version of her naive brother. If not for luck and the love of some really loyal and/or beta males she'd be dead by now. It's funny she used to be my favorite character back when I first read the books 9 years ago, but I wasn't very Red Pill then either. Now she just looks like an entitled brat.

she has dragons and winter is coming!

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Vicious - 06-05-2013

It doesn't show in the TV series that Barristan "The Bold" Selmy is the Seven Kingdoms best swordsman (he is quoted as such in the book). I wonder if the actor is a little to stiff to accurately portray his swordsmanship.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Hobnob - 06-05-2013

The picture with all the characters marked as 'dead' is amazing. It's more amazing to know that almost all of the rest are dead soon too.

The first 2 books were set-up for the third. The third is by far the best in the series. The 4th and 5th books are sort of the comedown. The 5th book begins to build tension again. I hope the tv series doesn't follow this pattern. Season 4 (the second half of book 3) is going to be awesome. But after that the source material is pretty dull for a long while. I'm looking at you Meereen.

Quote: (06-05-2013 11:41 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

It doesn't show in the TV series that Barristan "The Bold" Selmy is the Seven Kingdoms best swordsman (he is quoted as such in the book). I wonder if the actor is a little to stiff to accurately portray his swordsmanship.

When Khaleesi and Ser Jory meet Barristan on the tv show, Jory says he is the greatest warrior in the 7 kingdoms.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Eirykr - 06-05-2013

Quote: (06-05-2013 11:24 AM)master_thespian Wrote:  

Quote: (06-05-2013 05:05 AM)Eirykr Wrote:  

The only real man left with honor is Stannis.

tyrion, jon snow, davos, brienne, daario naharis, baristan selmy. Jaime has some honor, hell just this season we saw him go back to save brienne when he didn't have to

I meant more in terms of claimants to the throne. You're right about most of those though. I like Jaime, Tyrion, Davos and Selmy all.

she has dragons and winter is coming!

Too bad she does nothing of any worth after taking Yunkai, save for shitting herself and getting banged by random dudes. [Image: lol.gif]

For those guys commenting here annoyed by all the girl power in the show, I'd say don't worry, many of the female characters suffer the consequences of their hamsterisms later.

Quote: (06-05-2013 03:46 PM)Eirykr Wrote:  

Too bad she does nothing of any worth after taking Yunkai, save for shitting herself and getting banged by random dudes. [Image: lol.gif]

Well, the 6th and 7th books haven't even been written yet, so it is premature to say 'khaleesi doesn't do anything with her dragons.'

She flat out says "I am going to sit and wait for my dragons to grow up and do nothing until they are ready." Which actually makes total sense because they are her best weapon.

We are also forgetting about Bran. He isn't really dead, and he is arguably the either the most suited of the Starks to lead, or the least suited- since he is crippled, he has to have a sound mind. He seemed to be doing a good job at lord when people would come to him for problems while he was in charge at Winterfell and he is a warg!

For those guys commenting here annoyed by all the girl power in the show, I'd say don't worry, many of the female characters suffer the consequences of their hamsterisms later.

Book 4, which I am about to start reading, is apparently about Cersei(good and bad). Also Brienne(who I always considered more androgenous than 'grrl power' but yeah I hear you) has a lot of chapters as well, but Cersei is the main character of book 4(I guess that will be season 5 on the tv show).

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Excelsior - 06-06-2013

[Image: tumblr_mntghai5gy1qe7uvjo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mntghai5gy1qe7uvjo2_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mntghai5gy1qe7uvjo3_500.gif]

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Roosh - 06-06-2013

This thread is crawling with subtle spoilers. I shouldn't come back.

Be back tomorrow.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - TheSlayer - 06-08-2013

[Image: tumblr_mnsxiulJIJ1sp4lf6o1_500.jpg]

[Image: ser-jorah-meme.jpg]

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Doulos2Game - 06-08-2013

I am going to start to discuss my opinions in this thread. Just a warning to everyone, if someone spoils the tv series I will seek suttle vengeance the same way Varys did.

[Image: GoT-3x04-Sorcerer1-300x198.png]

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Jaylow - 06-10-2013

Interesting last episode to the season. Lots to look forward to next February.

Tywin has had some pretty good scenes as of late.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - sucio44 - 06-10-2013

I haven't read the books but I figure the future is grim for the Lanasters. The Stark boy has mind control powers/the girl might turn into a killing machine. The white girl has dragons and is freeing more people than Lincoln. And the other guy has a devil voodoo bitch on his side. All the Lanasters have is money and a crafty midget---no supernatural shit for them.

Great season, I can't wait for the next.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - TheSlayer - 06-10-2013

I haven't read the books so I don't know but you guys think Cersei and Jaime continue their brother(husband)/sister(wife) relationship? I would say no just on Jaime's character evolution.

A lot of people on facebook were bitching about the finale but they need to know that they are doing the third book over two seasons and I would say episode 9 was the climax of the entire season. The finale set up the next season perfectly, showed a bit of the aftermath of the Stark massacre. I am not even a big fan of cliffhangers, not sure why people clamor for one. It was actually a more calm episode after the insane episode 9 which I would say was required.

What do you guys think?

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Wreckingball - 06-10-2013

Quote: (06-10-2013 03:17 PM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

I haven't read the books so I don't know but you guys think Cersei and Jaime continue their brother(husband)/sister(wife) relationship? I would say no just on Jaime's character evolution.

A lot of people on facebook were bitching about the finale but they need to know that they are doing the third book over two seasons and I would say episode 9 was the climax of the entire season. The finale set up the next season perfectly, showed a bit of the aftermath of the Stark massacre. I am not even a big fan of cliffhangers, not sure why people clamor for one. It was actually a more calm episode after the insane episode 9 which I would say was required.

What do you guys think?

The problems with finale are easy to pinpoint. Ill try to do it without spoilers:
1- Arya, It's a great scene but what she did should not happen yet and not to that guy
2- Jamie Lannister. It is to early for what happened. If followed the book path, it would be much grimmer and shocking
3- Ending the season with the mother of dragons and the "mysha mysha mysha" was very lame

Once again, the best part of the episode was Hodor Hodoring to the well.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Jaylow - 06-10-2013

I havent read the books either but one thing I am guessing happens is Walder Frey gets his ass handed to him by either Bolton or the Lannisters. He was sided with the Starks first.

Quote: (06-10-2013 03:40 PM)Wreckingball Wrote:  

Quote: (06-10-2013 03:17 PM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

What do you guys think?

The problems with finale are easy to pinpoint. Ill try to do it without spoilers:
1- Arya, It's a great scene but what she did should not happen yet and not to that guy
2- Jamie Lannister. It is to early for what happened. If followed the book path, it would be much grimmer and shocking
3- Ending the season with the mother of dragons and the "mysha mysha mysha" was very lame

Are you comparing the finale to the storylines in the books? I didn't like the mysha part particularly but I think overall the finale did a good job of setting up season 4.

From the perspective of TV viewers who have not read the books I am not sure they could have topped the Red Wedding from episode 9. Most people on facebook were bitching because they didn't get a cliffhanger and thought the episode was too slow. Splitting a book over two seasons can't be that easy either though and we did get the foreshadowing that we needed.

Stannis going to help the Night's Watch at the wall.
Arya becoming a killer.
Finally revealing who is torturing Theon.
Bolton becoming Warden of the North.
Bran going beyond the wall.

Quote: (06-10-2013 03:43 PM)Jaylow Wrote:  

I havent read the books either but one thing I am guessing happens is Walder Frey gets his ass handed to him by either Bolton or the Lannisters. He was sided with the Starks first.

I don't know if he gets his ass handed to him by Bolton but I doubt it will be the Lannisters. Lannisters can't go after people who form alliances with them, their entire rule is based on fear, deception, and alliances. Frey helped Tywin to get rid of the Starks, they can't go after Frey and risk other houses not helping them if they need to form another alliance.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Teedub - 06-10-2013

That last ep was a massive disappointment in comparison to the penultimate one.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Gmac - 06-10-2013

Last episode of the season was not disappointing at all. Everything I was hoping to happen pretty much came to fruition.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - le prince perdu - 06-10-2013

That old man didn't think deep enough before
deciding to kill Rob and his mom.
He killed a guest under his home, and not just any guest but his king.
How is his family name suppose to survive with such a stain on it?
That's a really dumb move made by a lord who was trying everything
To spread his family

Its shitty that rob died like that,dying in a battle over a trap by his allies
Would have been better.

But overall I enjoyed this season more than the last, looking forward to
February

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - rudebwoy - 06-10-2013

The ending of the last episode was a let down.

This season was pretty good but dragged on a little, the highlight for me was when the dragons burnt that guy.

February is a long time away.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - AlbertoDelMuerto - 06-10-2013

It was a crappy ass season. Spartacus was way better this year, and I don't think this year we'll see anything better than Spartacus this year. GOT disappointed me big time, season 4 better be good.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Alpharius - 06-10-2013

...you don't want to wait 9 months? Oh my sweet summer child what do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the long night. When George R.R. Martin hides for years, and children are born and live and die before the next book comes out. That is the time for waiting, my little lord.

Seriously though, waiting for the next book to come out is torture.

The Lannisters control 4/7 kingdoms directly at this point in the show, now adding in The North as well, plus Dorne, which has barely been featured in the show yet. Really they're only opposed by Stannis, who's on the ropes, and the iron islands, which really just want to be independent rather than fight for control of the whole continent. 4 Stark kids, 3 of whom are believed to be dead, aren't really much of a threat at the moment.