Roosh V Forum
Suit Game Summer 2013 - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Suit Game Summer 2013 (/thread-24264.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Suit Game Summer 2013 - RougeNoir - 06-03-2013

This is what I wore at the club two weekends ago:

*Had to take the picture down after a short while*

I had gotten a lot more attention from women than the usual type outfits. It wasn't that expensive neither.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - thegmanifesto - 06-03-2013

Quote: (06-03-2013 02:23 PM)RougeNoir Wrote:  

[Image: attachment.jpg12460]
I had gotten a lot more attention from women than the usual type outfits. It wasn't that expensive neither.

I actually think that is pretty smooth.

Again, not my style, but depending on your age and personality, I could see that working.

Needs a cigarette and cocktail to complete the look.

Kind of looks like something I would see in Miami Beach at a dope spot late night.

Again, probably would get a "Game Recognize Game" nod from me if I had nothing else going on at the moment.

Pants a little too baggy/not tailored for my current taste, but again, it is pretty relaxed.

Are you wearing that with kicks? What kind of shoes?

RougeNoir are you from New Orleans?

Suit Game Summer 2013 - Vicious - 06-03-2013

RougeNoir:
You could improve the look by having the jeans put up. Not having the legs scrunched up like that looks a lot better.

Quote: (06-03-2013 02:32 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

[Image: attachment.jpg12460]

I actually think that is pretty smooth.

Again, not my style, but depending on your age and personality, I could see that working.

Needs a cigarette and cocktail to complete the look.

Kind of looks like something I would see in Miami Beach at a dope spot late night.

Again, probably would get a "Game Recognize Game" nod from me if I had nothing else going on at the moment.

Pants a little too baggy/not tailored for my current taste, but again, it is pretty relaxed.

Are you wearing that with kicks? What kind of shoes?

RougeNoir are you from New Orleans?

I pulled off an outfit which was a total no name brand combination. Hand-me-down Jos A. Bank sportcoat, no name white jeans, hanes v-neck (5 pack), and a 5$ pocket square from eBay. Oh yeah and $20 fake Ralph Lauren shoes. Nothing tailored. I'm a bit of a cheapskate. [Image: blush.gif] Nevertheless, I got lots of looks and love for it. That's the type of stuff you can do when everyone else has on jeans and button-down shirts.

Quote: (06-03-2013 02:33 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

RougeNoir:
You could improve the look by having the jeans put up. Not having the legs scrunched up like that looks a lot better.

What do you mean when you say "put up?" Like wear them on my waist? Maybe, but I like the lower look than the waist though; personal preference. I mean, it wasn't a job interview.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - augen sehen - 06-03-2013

RougeNoir could you put the pic up again, blur out your face/other identifying details if need be. I was at Friedrichstraße today and popped into H&M and Zara for shits and giggles. These two struck my fancy. Thoughts?

H&M
[Image: r5eDCLs.jpg]

Zara
[Image: SFkJ5ed.jpg]

[attachment=12462]

You want to see me? Ok, but it won't be up too long though.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - augen sehen - 06-03-2013

Looks good. The white watch is a nice touch.

Quote: (06-03-2013 03:57 PM)augen sehen Wrote:  

Looks good. The white watch is a nice touch.

Thanks.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - Vicious - 06-03-2013

Quote: (06-03-2013 03:15 PM)RougeNoir Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2013 02:33 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

RougeNoir:

What do you mean when you say "put up?" Like wear them on my waist? Maybe, but I like the lower look than the waist though; personal preference. I mean, it wasn't a job interview.

No, a tailor will turn up the legs reducing some of the length of the legs. You should definitely not wear those around the waist.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - WestCoast - 06-03-2013

@IP

The look is good, the two changes I would have done is

1. No skinny tie, looks to think compared to your frame, if you are in shape which you are the normal tie likely suits you better
2. You can still use the white square for now, the issue is the flat look doesn't look good with white pants, if you're going with the controlled chaos look (you're already wearing white pants) I would have gone with the poofy square look instead of the 4 point or straight across (too bland offsetting the loud outfit)

7.5/10 (new square and pattern on suit, different tie, switch belt but that has been beaten to death already).

Suit Game Summer 2013 - InternationPlayboy - 06-04-2013

Quote: (06-03-2013 04:33 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

@IP

The look is good, the two changes I would have done is

1. No skinny tie, looks to think compared to your frame, if you are in shape which you are the normal tie likely suits you better
2. You can still use the white square for now, the issue is the flat look doesn't look good with white pants, if you're going with the controlled chaos look (you're already wearing white pants) I would have gone with the poofy square look instead of the 4 point or straight across (too bland offsetting the loud outfit)

7.5/10 (new square and pattern on suit, different tie, switch belt but that has been beaten to death already).

Thanks man. Yeah, I agree with you on the tie as well. I even mentioned earlier that I normal don't wear that skinny of a tie. I usually go between 2-3 inches.

As far as the poofy square look goes, is there any trick to it? Or do you kind of just bunch it up, put it in your pocket, and pull it out to leave a little showing?

Suit Game Summer 2013 - Que enspastic - 06-04-2013

[Image: rVafGPR.png]

zara grey suit
zara white business shirt
custom red tie

Suit Game Summer 2013 - Que enspastic - 06-04-2013

i like the suits on the first page. very stylish. ^ this is just a basic clean, sharp look rather than playboy mode.

Quote: (06-04-2013 01:13 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

zara grey suit
custom red tie

The tie is too wide. Sleeves too long. Jacket looks too big. Pants look a little too baggy, though maybe not, it's hard to tell because it's a small pic. Missing a pocket square. Lapel possibly a bit too wide. Needs improvement. Looks more like a senator than a playboy.

I saw the pic earlier on my phone. I like the look man. Like others have pointed out, really the only thing to recommend is making the pants a little less baggy. Otherwise it looks great.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - WestCoast - 06-04-2013

Rolled puff/dunaway fold is what I would have used if I had to stick with your white square. Again don't think it was bad since you had no other colors the straight line just seems oddly conservative against a purple and white outfit. Here are some basics to folding the square.

http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpockets...efolds.htm

Suit Game Summer 2013 - Hotwheels - 06-04-2013

When I get mine puffed just the way I want I pin it, then stuff it in the pocket.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - DVY - 06-04-2013

Quote: (06-04-2013 01:13 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

zara grey suit
custom red tie

Yawn. Boring. No pizzaz. Corporate type coming off work.

What separates you from the average walking down the street?

Heres a good exercise. Post up in a well-trafficked spot and check the general level of attire. Go 1 or 2 levels above that and youll be set.

In LA, it runs a whole gamut- T-shirt+jeans, V-neck+jeans, Dress shirt+jeans, Vest+Tie+ jeans, Blazer+V-neck+ jeans, Suit, Suit w/boring square (aka solid white presidential fold).

Now add a azure blue pocket square to that suit and its flashy. G-man is absolutely right. It is that subtlety and touch of a square that adds flair.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - RandalGraves - 06-04-2013

H&M
[Image: r5eDCLs.jpg]

The fit looks good, more or less. The shoulders cover your shoulders but do not extend beyond--good. It looks like it just covers the top of your butt--good. It tapers well at the waist--good.

Put a clenched fist inside the chest. If you can fit it snugly, it's the right size in the chest.

Overall, looks good. H&M is very good bang for your buck in terms of modern style.

Zara
[Image: SFkJ5ed.jpg]

This is too long in the sleeves. A jacket should end at the ball of your wrist bone when your arms are at your sides. See how it goes past that spot and covers part of your hand?

Suit Game Summer 2013 - Christian McQueen - 06-04-2013

Coat Sleeve length is important for 2 reasons:

1. If you wear cuff links, you should be able to see them peeking out. Otherwise, what's the point?

2. Your watch should NOT be hidden, especially if you're rocking a Rolex. Girls notice watches like a mofo.

Details details details.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - RougeNoir - 06-04-2013

Quote: (06-04-2013 01:29 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I saw the pic earlier on my phone. I like the look man. Like others have pointed out, really the only thing to recommend is making the pants a little less baggy. Otherwise it looks great.

I appreciate it. I also had $10 mirror frame aviators on. I felt like the shit haha. I like the V-neck look underneath. I'll have to try different color combinations. For your suit, I think you could go with less is more. Plain color undershirt matching the pocket square with same pants and sport coat will work. I think that plaid shirt can stand on its own two feet without a tie or a sport coat for that matter.

Quote: (06-04-2013 11:17 PM)RougeNoir Wrote:  

Quote: (06-04-2013 01:29 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I appreciate it. I also had $10 mirror frame aviators on. I felt like the shit haha. I like the V-neck look underneath. I'll have to try different color combinations. For your suit, I think you could go with less is more. Plain color undershirt matching the pocket square with same pants and sport coat will work. I think that plaid shirt can stand on its own two feet without a tie or a sport coat for that matter.

I feel you. More often than not I wear a solid shirt underneath a jacket, but I wanted to stand out. Everyone wears a solid shirt under their jacket. It's nice to mix it up every now and then. If I'm dressing up and only wearing a dress shirt with no jacket, I'll usually rock something more like this...

[Image: attachment.jpg12494]   

[Image: attachment.jpg12495]   

[Image: attachment.jpg12496]   

[Image: attachment.jpg12497]   

I dig shirts with the cuff designs. They stand out and look good when it's warm and you roll your sleeves up.

Suit Game Summer 2013 - Jaylow - 06-05-2013

Quote:Quote:

I dig shirts with the cuff designs. They stand out and look good when it's warm and you roll your sleeves up.

I think that design is only at the cuff and not the entire interior of the sleeves. I would either not be wearing that shirt in the summer or the sleeves would be rolled up halfway to my elbows so the pattern wouldn't show anyway. Something about those shirts just bother me and the first blue one with the weird buttons is just hideous.

Heres the same style but with two shirts instead of it built in to one.

[Image: daniel-negreanu-kissing-bri.jpg]

Suit Game Summer 2013 - Sultan of Swank - 06-05-2013

Wearing a suit does give your image and status a boost but it does come with some downsides, especially in summer and/or tropical weather.

The old skool Miami Vice style probably gets a bad rap these days but it checked off a bunch of points on making wearing a suit in summer more comfortable:

1. Unconstructed jacket - takes off a couple of layers
2. Wearing tank tops or unbuttoned t-shirts or collared shirts
3. No belt
4. Not wearing socks
5. Wearing breathable shoes such as espadrilles or huarache shoes
6. Light colors/pastels
7. Light natural fabrics that breath better: linen, silk or linen/silk mixes

[Image: Miami%2Bvice.jpg]

[Image: Miami-Vice-Crockett-Tubbs-miami-vice-102...50-500.jpg]

Huarache shoes
[Image: il_fullxfull.226135832.jpg]

Maybe some designer can update the style towards something more 20th century..

I also want to say that the suit jacket does limit mobility in my upper body - my forward arm reach lessens. Maybe get a jacket with a high armpit or with a stretchy material.