Roosh V Forum
Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to (/thread-4753.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Invictus - 05-27-2011

Gooooood point.

But for all the focus on material stuff, what really sets G apart is good sense of style and tight game. His material success COMPLEMENTS his "game". A lot of men rely on material wealth alone, and they fail. While material success is of course a measure of success, it means little if you don't have tight game. Don't use material wealth as a crutch for lack of tight game, because it's ephemeral - everything not part of yourself is ephemeral and has only subjective value. However wicked game skills will forever be part of your arsenal, even if the stock market crashes and leaves G as broke as the rest of us.

While I am NOT, I know you can be stylish without throwing thousands of dollars out the window. You don't have to buy bespoke tailoring on Savile Row at 30K a pop. Next vacation to the Far East, check out Thailand/China and get some suits down there. A FRACTION of the cost.

I really don't give a fuck about brands. As long as the quality is good and the style is nice. Fuck, it's all made in fucking China anyways.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - MiXX - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 07:13 AM)Invictus Wrote:  

While I am NOT, I know you can be stylish without throwing thousands of dollars out the window. You don't have to buy bespoke tailoring on Savile Row at 30K a pop.

True, but I think it should be clear that going to Old Navy, Walmart Men's dept and thinking you are in style is extremely wishful thinking. [Image: dodgy.gif]

You don't need to spend 30K a pop, but I strongly recommend you have at least 3 fly $2,000USD suits, and a couple of sports jackets at least from Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein or Sean John at a bare minimum.

2 black button up shirts, 2 black v-neck shirts - a dozen pairs of black socks.

*** I once saw a guy trying to game a girl in a pair of Levis jeans, and a black Under-Armour T-shirt with sneakers!!! Guess what? He was in great shape, but the girl blew him away, and so did the next one after that one!

Get some decent late-style fashionable jeans from Sean John, Express Men, Urban Outfitters, Ruehl - but not Old Navy. Women notice these things, and if you think they don't - well, your simply a fool setting yourself up for failure.

MOST IMPORTANT: FASHIONABLE UNDERWEAR!!! Do not go cheap with a pair of boxers from old navy/walmart for 5 bucks (I never shop there, but I guess that's what they go for)

You like seeing women in silk, Victorias Secret cherry thongs do you? Guess what? Women like seeing you wear nice underwear too.....trust me, they do!

Thrown in some accessories: scarves, chains, hats, ties, pocket squares, nice lighter, wrist bracelets for a total of at least another 1,000USD.

I've always told my friends: chasing women is a hobby like any other hunting sport. It has expenses that you must dish out to see results. A players warrior uniform is his suits.

Lots of guys fight me on this wardrobe issue, and you cannot hate the player...hate the game.

You can't go duck hunting with a home-made slingshot!

Mixx

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Diablo - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-26-2011 05:53 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2011 03:47 PM)Agent_GQ Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2011 02:45 PM)Diablo Wrote:  

So at what time in your life can you say that the game is over for you?

When the clock stops ticking and they put you in the ground.

The 80 year old Argentine mack that G mentioned is a great example. I've known of many old Latin don's on the 'most interesting man in the world' tip who are still slaying in their 60's, 70's, and 80's. Mixx's story about his grandfather (you'll have to search for it) is another great example.

Yes, this is all dead on.

The key is this: the USA is an exception to a general rule in that it roundly discourages age gaps when it comes to men seeking younger women. This is because the US (and the UK to a similar extent) has a habit of pedestalizing older women and pumping up their value. I call it the "sex and the city phenomenon", where you have 35 year old women behaving like 18 year old 10s and making similarly high demands not befitting their actual value, all the while still thinking they can snag "Mr. Big" while well past their prime.

"40 is the new 30" they say. This phenomenon is the reason why a cougar can date guys of whatever age she wants, but men are discouraged from dating down-it is essentially a way for older women/feminists in this society to shame men and maintain some of their value relative to younger women.

Just about everywhere else, age gaps are tolerated, and sometimes even expected/promoted. This is the reason why 50 year old men can regularly pull 20-somethings in most of Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America.

If you're an American, you'll get a little anxious about aging because your society has shamed you into thinking that:
a) It is unmanly and wrong for a man to want to remain single well into his thirties, nevermind continue dating casually at that age.
b) It is "creepy" for a man in that age range(say 35) to seek women 18-27, and he should look to date closer to his age for "compatibility", and other assorted BS.

If you're not living in this matrix, then your shelf life is only limited by your ability to stay in shape and groom yourself, and even those things might not be entirely necessary if you have enough money. This allows more men in places like Latin America to keep gaming into their late 50's and 60's, or, as I will soon show, their late 70's.

Here I now present the story of MiXX's grandfather, who was impregnating twenty-somethings well into his late 70's:

Quote: (07-23-2010 01:42 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2010 01:30 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

So basically what you're saying is that you're a "natural", you've never had to "learn" game like the rest of us.

About 12 years ago, my grandfather died at the ripe old age of 81. At his funeral ceremony, there were lots of friends, family members and unknown guests all crying and paying their respects to my grandpa.

In particular, there was one unknown guest whom was of particular interest to the family. She was about 19 years old, crying, and literally throwing herself on my grandpa's coffin in lots of pain and deep emotional outbursts.

Weeks later, I pinged my mom, and asked her who that mystery girl was......she did not know. Eventually, an investigation as to who she was led us to understand that she was my grandpa's lover. Now, my grandfather was not rich, nor did he have a fortune to pass on to anybody at all....he was a middle class man on retirement money and SS benefits - nothing to be concerned about.

Now, the real shocker wasn't so much that she was 19, but she was pregnant from my grandpa - DNA confirmed.

I have, at the age of 35, a 12 year old blood uncle who was actually visiting me last night - to come over and play PS3 games.

Looking at my pedigree...I guess I am, well a natural.

Mixx

There you have it, folks. Don't be afraid of father time when it comes to game-he's your friend, not your enemy.

Thats a cool story mixx....your grandpa was still pimpin from the grave.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Jalouse - 05-27-2011

Hey G without being too rude and asking flat out how much are you making? What kind of ballpark are we talking? Jetting into cities and having the penthouse at the Ritz takes some serious cash. The baby suite at the Ritz London is $1000 a night.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Vicious - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 08:59 AM)Jalouse Wrote:  

Hey G without being too rude and asking flat out how much are you making? What kind of ballpark are we talking? Jetting into cities and having the penthouse at the Ritz takes some serious cash. The baby suite at the Ritz London is $1000 a night.

London however is ridiculous when it comes to hotel prices.

Check this: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2011/5...in_London_

I recommend that author's book The Upgrade as well. It has some nice beginners tips on how to score cheap(er) hotel rooms and upgrades.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - ManAbout - 05-27-2011

For those that don't have the budget for $2000 suits and $200 jeans, Zara works very well. It is modern, stylish and reasonably priced. Sure, the clothes might fall apart after a couple of seasons, but that just give you an excuse to go out and buy the latest stuff.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Jalouse - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 09:08 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (05-27-2011 08:59 AM)Jalouse Wrote:  

London however is ridiculous when it comes to hotel prices.

Check this: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2011/5...in_London_

I recommend that author's book The Upgrade as well. It has some nice beginners tips on how to score cheap(er) hotel rooms and upgrades.

Hey Vicious cool link I'll definitely check that book out. I've always thought it would be the life to be able to travel long term and stay in nice hotels when you want but I always figured this would be ridiculously expensive and I'd rather stay in a backpackers than a shitty hotel.

He says his average nightly room rate over twelve months is $120 a night, whilst still expensive at about $3600 a month, it's something I could afford if not all the time.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Excelsior - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 01:33 AM)txbeachbum Wrote:  

The key to the whole playboy thing is to have TIME & MONEY!!!

See we all know plenty of guys who make $200k+ a year but they have to be at work everyday @ 9 am and thats no fun, just a typical overpaid paid drone. Usually boring driving a lame BMW who looks forward to the weekend and tired happy hours.

Couldn't you just find a job that allows you to travel (consulting, corporate law, etc)?
Trap avoided.

Quote:Quote:

And to the guys talking about working on their careers 10-15 years and THEN traveling, thats some BS many people tell themselves.

Usually all the people who I know took that path ended up with a huge detour like kids, mortgages, illness, wife, divorce etc.

...if you have a rudimentary understanding of game and aren't a completely blind, naive beta (if you're on this forum, you're probably not one of these) then the wife/divorce issue (the biggest pitfall out of all of these) is quite easily avoidable. What then?
Trap avoided.

Illness can affect everybody, and mortgages are a factor tied more closely to the wife/divorce isssue (a bachelor can and usually does keep his home expenses down, wife is the one who'll push you for the $800,000 house in the hills). So a smart, single guy can eliminate those as well.
Once again:

[Image: TRAP_AVOIDED_RE_AWYEAAA-s400x317-131740.jpg]

Now, what are the costs and benefits of pursuing this strategy that's alternative to your own?

Downsides: Less free time, forced to stay in America and deal with the hypocrisy/insanities that come with it, you have a boss.

Upsides: You can put away at least $500-1000 a month...corporate guy making $250k+ can probably triple or quadruple that even after accounting for your difference in cost of living. If you do particularly well in the corporate world, you can also have plenty of additional luxuries-aircraft, boats, European sports cars, etc. That, and when you do travel you can do much more.

Do that work for 10-15 years, making investments and the like (several rental properties, etc). After that time period, you've avoided all of the pitfalls (marriage, divorce, strangling mortgage) and you have plenty of capital and a solid portfolio. You probably already have been generating passive income anyway with rentals and investments, so you'll be in a very good financial position. Play your cards right and said corporate guy has a decent shot of becoming a millionaire after 15 or so years.

Now you can spend the rest of you life doing what you do, except with far more capital at your disposal for the purpose.

I'm not hating on your strategy-I think it works. But I don't think the alternative is without its merits either. If you can avoid a mentality of resounding betatude (leading to divorce, etc), it isn't nearly as hopeless as you say.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Moma - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-26-2011 11:15 PM)Hokie30 Wrote:  

Wow, all the suckers in this forum are praising G Manifesto as if he was a prophet. The funny thing is that G Manifesto's guide for "getting more out of life" can only be used by about 1% of the single male population. If one has an average $21/hour job (which most middle class American's do in this recession) then custom suits, gucci loafers, overseas travel, uncomplicated logistics and swooping models at expensive lounges is not gonna be feasible!

Shoot, I make twice the amount of a typical American and still can't dress anywhere close to what MGM describes in his blog. Even when I wear expensive off the shelf suits ($500 is expensive for me!) I get confused with all the drone lawyers and businessman who are running amock in Washington, DC.

I wish MGM would write a story on how to get "more out of life" for broke brothers, or better yet how to swoop models on a limited budget!

Bro, you have to mingle with different people and get some hookups. Why pay full price on those threads? Fcuk paying a grip on some custom made suits. It's not a must to get pussy (although I'm sure it helps greatly). Buy a suit blazer. Build up your portfolio.

Operate how we used to operate in the past on a bartering system. Polish the unique skills that you have. Market it. Do some trades.

I am in the process of leveraging a lizard of mine who is great at DIY. She will make some money and I will take a cut for brokeraging the deal.

By the time you put two and two aside, you will have enough cake for some custom suits.
I wear Stacy Adams and Kenneth Coles shoes. I don't rock gucci shoes yet..but most river rats won't even know the difference.
Just leverage your skills, you are more valuable than you realise.

I would say the most important thing to do is to travel. Once you open that door, you will see opportunities that you will not see in your own backyard.

After that, swooping argentines in luxury models will be a piece of piss. It's cheaper than you think, bra.

Quote: (05-27-2011 11:36 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Wow, all the suckers in this forum are praising G Manifesto as if he was a prophet. The funny thing is that G Manifesto's guide for "getting more out of life" can only be used by about 1% of the single male population. If one has an average $21/hour job (which most middle class American's do in this recession) then custom suits, gucci loafers, overseas travel, uncomplicated logistics and swooping models at expensive lounges is not gonna be feasible!

Shoot, I make twice the amount of a typical American and still can't dress anywhere close to what MGM describes in his blog. Even when I wear expensive off the shelf suits ($500 is expensive for me!) I get confused with all the drone lawyers and businessman who are running amock in Washington, DC.

I wish MGM would write a story on how to get "more out of life" for broke brothers, or better yet how to swoop models on a limited budget!

Bro, you have to mingle with different people and get some hookups. Why pay full price on those threads? Fcuk paying a grip on some custom made suits. It's not a must to get pussy (although I'm sure it helps greatly). Buy a suit blazer. Build up your portfolio.

Operate how we used to operate in the past on a bartering system. Polish the unique skills that you have. Market it. Do some trades.

I am in the process of leveraging a lizard of mine who is great at DIY. She will make some money and I will take a cut for brokeraging the deal.

By the time you put two and two aside, you will have enough cake for some custom suits.
I wear Stacy Adams and Kenneth Coles shoes. I don't rock gucci shoes yet..but most river rats won't even know the difference.
Just leverage your skills, you are more valuable than you realise.

I would say the most important thing to do is to travel. Once you open that door, you will see opportunities that you will not see in your own backyard.

After that, swooping argentines in luxury models will be a piece of piss. It's cheaper than you think, bra.

Wow I didn't really understand a whole lot of that! Your current portfolio is heavily invested in blazers, your brokering a big deal with a DIY Lizard and something about not eating all your cake...?

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - txbeachbum - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 11:05 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Quote: (05-27-2011 01:33 AM)txbeachbum Wrote:  

The key to the whole playboy thing is to have TIME & MONEY!!!

See we all know plenty of guys who make $200k+ a year but they have to be at work everyday @ 9 am and thats no fun, just a typical overpaid paid drone. Usually boring driving a lame BMW who looks forward to the weekend and tired happy hours.

Couldn't you just find a job that allows you to travel (consulting, corporate law, etc)?
Trap avoided.

And to the guys talking about working on their careers 10-15 years and THEN traveling, thats some BS many people tell themselves.

Usually all the people who I know took that path ended up with a huge detour like kids, mortgages, illness, wife, divorce etc.

...if you have a rudimentary understanding of game and aren't a completely blind, naive beta (if you're on this forum, you're probably not one of these) then the wife/divorce issue (the biggest pitfall out of all of these) is quite easily avoidable. What then?
Trap avoided.

Illness can affect everybody, and mortgages are a factor tied more closely to the wife/divorce isssue (a bachelor can and usually does keep his home expenses down, wife is the one who'll push you for the $800,000 house in the hills). So a smart, single guy can eliminate those as well.
Once again:

[Image: TRAP_AVOIDED_RE_AWYEAAA-s400x317-131740.jpg]

Now, what are the costs and benefits of pursuing this strategy that's alternative to your own?

Downsides: Less free time, forced to stay in America and deal with the hypocrisy/insanities that come with it, you have a boss.

Upsides: You can put away at least $500-1000 a month...corporate guy making $250k+ can probably triple or quadruple that even after accounting for your difference in cost of living. If you do particularly well in the corporate world, you can also have plenty of additional luxuries-aircraft, boats, European sports cars, etc. That, and when you do travel you can do much more.

Do that work for 10-15 years, making investments and the like (several rental properties, etc). After that time period, you've avoided all of the pitfalls (marriage, divorce, strangling mortgage) and you have plenty of capital and a solid portfolio. You probably already have been generating passive income anyway with rentals and investments, so you'll be in a very good financial position. Play your cards right and said corporate guy has a decent shot of becoming a millionaire after 15 or so years.

Now you can spend the rest of you life doing what you do, except with far more capital at your disposal for the purpose.

I'm not hating on your strategy-I think it works. But I don't think the alternative is without its merits either. If you can avoid a mentality of resounding betatude (leading to divorce, etc), it isn't nearly as hopeless as you say.

All valid points.

That's a HUGE downside. Time is everything, EVERYTHING, forced to stay anywhere plus you have a BOSS. That's more than enough right there.

Trap avoided.

Yes you could, how many jobs do you think that are out there like that, and how many people do you think are competing for those jobs. And the chances of you getting one, plus the ass kissing to keep it?

Trap avoided.

Most men are in this trap that is why this forum & PUA, tom lykis etc are all so popular to help majority of men avoid it. I see guys on here all the time almost fall for it, thinking their woman is "special".

"Upsides: You can put away at least $500-1000 a month...corporate guy making $250k+ can probably triple or quadruple that even after accounting for your difference in cost of living. If you do particularly well in the corporate world, you can also have plenty of additional luxuries-aircraft, boats, European sports cars, etc. That, and when you do travel you can do much more."

I said save $500-$1000 minimum to get started.

You will not be having boats & luxury aircrafts on $250k salary, but yes when you do get permission to travel during your 2-3 week annual vacation you will have a few more bucks to spend.

"Do that work for 10-15 years,"

Who says
1. Your gonna live another 10-15 years (live now)
2. That you're going to have to same cushy job for next 10-15 years, job security and career plans are BS.
3. Why not put 10-15 years into building your own sh$t
4. Its gonna take 10-15 years to just find/ get promoted to a job pays you $250k for you to start you 10 year plan, now your 25 years out.

All valid points like I said. My plan is not the only way.

But my thing is to have ya cake and eat too and enjoy it, not wait 10-15 years to do it.

And the best way to predict your future is to create it!!

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Tuthmosis - 05-27-2011

Nice threads are always a good investment. I'm shocked when any cat over age 25 sports big, baggy giveaway t-shirts, cheap shit from H&M, or cargo shorts with flip-flops. Even the hipster wimps have better sense than that. I dress on the more casual side, but nearly everything I have is something with flair or style that puts me a cut above the average bar clone. Combined with the services of a professional tailor (a real one, not Korean lady at the cleaners), I look good at a decent price.

Girls are programmed to notice fancy plumage. Even if you have a less-than-ideal face, you'll be getting tail just on your style, swagger, and musculature. True nice clothes are built to last and, more importantly, their cachet sticks around too. I'm reminded of this song, from way-the-fuck-back in 1979.

It's short. Listen to the story in it first and then listen to the itemization of brands starting @1:53. Some things never change.

Quote: (05-27-2011 08:20 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

True, but I think it should be clear that going to Old Navy, Walmart Men's dept and thinking you are in style is extremely wishful thinking. [Image: dodgy.gif]

You don't need to spend 30K a pop, but I strongly recommend you have at least 3 fly $2,000USD suits, and a couple of sports jackets at least from Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein or Sean John at a bare minimum.

*** I once saw a guy trying to game a girl in a pair of Levis jeans, and a black Under-Armour T-shirt with sneakers!!! Guess what? He was in great shape, but the girl blew him away, and so did the next one after that one!

Get some decent late-style fashionable jeans from Sean John, Express Men, Urban Outfitters, Ruehl - but not Old Navy. Women notice these things, and if you think they don't - well, your simply a fool setting yourself up for failure.

MOST IMPORTANT: FASHIONABLE UNDERWEAR!!! Do not go cheap with a pair of boxers from old navy/walmart for 5 bucks (I never shop there, but I guess that's what they go for)

You like seeing women in silk, Victorias Secret cherry thongs do you? Guess what? Women like seeing you wear nice underwear too.....trust me, they do!

Thrown in some accessories: scarves, chains, hats, ties, pocket squares, nice lighter, wrist bracelets for a total of at least another 1,000USD.

I've always told my friends: chasing women is a hobby like any other hunting sport. It has expenses that you must dish out to see results. A players warrior uniform is his suits.

Lots of guys fight me on this wardrobe issue, and you cannot hate the player...hate the game.

Mixx

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!@bolded. You guys are absolutely great, Roosh is like Phil Jackson able to attract and coordinate these outstanding all-stars all from different ancestral backgrounds.

I had to use my alpha not to shed a tear at the real talk that old nem spat (two posts back).

This forum has helped me with my underarm treatment. As said before, I will be hitting the southern caribbean for a week so I want to have some updated data sheets for you guys.

I think most of you won't be interested (the islands I am going to have mostly blacks, Indians with a lesser amount of other groups) but the sheet is out for some of the obscure travellers.

On the real though, your swag has to be waay up in Miami. Also, I think G lives in LA (or so?) so I know those model cities (thriving spots for plastic surgeons) really force a person to step up their thread game or DIE in denial! As previously mentioned, I have fam in Miami and they are always dressed extra fresh with fly cologne. Sometimes they comment on some of my outdated Toronto threads but I win 'em over with my shoes.

I make frequent trips to the U.S to keep semi updated but by and large I don't see swag anywhere in Toronto to the level that I saw (and see) in Miami.

Never lived in any other U.S city so I can't comment on those.

Quote: (05-27-2011 01:20 PM)txbeachbum Wrote:  

Who says
2. That you're going to have to same cushy job for next 10-15 years, job security and career plans are BS.
4. Its gonna take 10-15 years to just find/ get promoted to a job pays you $250k for you to start you 10 year plan, now your 25 years out.

But my thing is to have ya cake and eat too and enjoy it, not wait 10-15 years to do it.

I agree very strongly with this. I'm by no means pimping but I have a few friends in their 40's and I can feel their envy when I tell them I am off to this country or I am off to America again.

Fcuk waiting. I waited too long. I came to America to make it happen. Work the 9-5 but keep your eye on your own business and work that own business like you have no 9-5.
Something's gotta give.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - cellblock4 - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 08:20 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (05-27-2011 07:13 AM)Invictus Wrote:  

While I am NOT, I know you can be stylish without throwing thousands of dollars out the window. You don't have to buy bespoke tailoring on Savile Row at 30K a pop.

Mixx

slingshot.....effin hilarious....

barney's has an annual warehouse sale (think in feb) and you can pick up designer suits for 500 bucks (canali, hugo, armani, etc.). in addition, they have brand name everything, shoes, shirts, cufflinks, etc. for dirt cheap. anyway, most department stores have some annual sale where they just cut prices to dump inventory. if you're opportunistic about it, you can look fly. worst case try a TJ Maxx or something. they might not have armani, but you might find a thing or two that is stylish.

i've never worn a suit out gaming ever, but definitely notice the change in looks when i wear one for work and walk down any street in manhattan. its like the girls dream of sex and the city and believe that some random well dressed guy is the prince that will sweep them off their feet. at the time i had the confidence of a squirrel and experienced plenty of AA. i'm going to have to throw the suit on and give it a go.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Excelsior - 05-27-2011

That's a HUGE downside. Time is everything, EVERYTHING, forced to stay anywhere plus you have a BOSS. That's more than enough right there.

Perhaps. I suppose it depends on your persona and whether or not you actually like the field you're in.

I assume most Americans aren't in love with their jobs, though.

Yes you could, how many jobs do you think that are out there like that, and how many people do you think are competing for those jobs. And the chances of you getting one, plus the ass kissing to keep it?

Top consulting jobs are tough to get, but there are other options(salesman, government, etc). If you're a guy specifically looking for that quality, it can be found.
I'll concede that it is tough to find that quality AND make a lot of money ($250k+) and travel, however.

Most men are in this trap that is why this forum & PUA, tom lykis etc are all so popular to help majority of men avoid it. I see guys on here all the time almost fall for it, thinking their woman is "special".

I'll agree, most American men pedestalize like crazy. By the same token, most men don't have the spirit to travel and find opportunity(business, dating or otherwise) in other countries either.

But if you're an exception on either side, you can find more success. Few men are willing to travel like you do, just as few men are wise enough to avoid pedestalizing women. But if you are one of those few men of either kind, there are more opportunities to be had.
We're always going to be dealing with exceptions in these discussions-you're just as rare as the corporate/career guy who doesn't pedestalize.

You will not be having boats & luxury aircrafts on $250k salary, but yes when you do get permission to travel during your 2-3 week annual vacation you will have a few more bucks to spend.

A single guy making $250k per year can actually afford a small boat and/or aircraft. Guys pull that off on less.

The boat would have to be well under 50 feet(say 35 max), but less than $100k would buy a decent vessel with reasonable maintenance costs that could even have room for you and a guest to sleep. Check out listings on Jameslist to get an idea of whats out there in this price range.

As for aircraft, luxury planes(jets or fast, large props) are indeed out of the question, but smaller private aircraft are doable. Cessnas and Pipers aren't going to break your bank.

I concede that vacation opportunities are limited early on.

Who says

1. Chances are you'll last that long.

2. There's some uncertainty, though again, chances are that you will keep your job if you are capable. Layoffs are a threat, but the majority of employees at any given time do not receive them.

3. You are building something of your own: your portfolio.

Let's also not forget skills and experience. Look at law, medicine and business and the people who begin their own firms/practices/small businesses and often do well. Many of them started out with a big firm/practice/hospital/company and then left after a few years. Their time as employees gave them experience, knowledge and contacts, which in turn make striking out on their own and doing well even easier.

It is not an entirely one-sided experience. Time spent as an employee at a large organization can give you things that'll make striking out on your own even more fruitful-experience, contacts, etc. Use them well and you can even cut that 10-15 year plan short(law and finance guys don't usually stick for more than 3-5 years), and go find more relaxing opportunities(or travel).

4. Yes, getting to $250k takes a while, but it isn't as though you're not getting paid before hand. A job that pays you that much 5-10 years in will be paying you close to six figures(or at least north of $75,000) to start. That's also money you can save and invest.

Just sayin'.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Giovonny - 05-27-2011

Cool thread. There is alot going on here. A few things that stood out to me...

Quote: (05-25-2011 03:52 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

ie super fly 22-26 year olds, that liked more out of life

This is key for older players approaching younger girls. Look for the ones that don't really fit in with their peer group. Like G said, the ones that want "more out of life". The last 21yo that I dated said that she wasn't into guys her age. She said she wanted guys who were more mature and had their shit together. She said she wanted men not boys. These girls are out there. They dress more sophisticated then their peers and they just carry themselves a little different. They are way down for older men. They want more out of life then a frat party and a slice if pizza at 3am.

Quote: (05-26-2011 01:36 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

OK, just wondering how other players in their 30s and beyond do on their hometurf with the 18-21 year old crowd.

This is my favorite age group. But they are tricky as fuck. Honestly, you can never know what is going on inside their heads. I bet THEY couldn't even explain what goes on in their own heads. I don't care. All I know is this, sometimes they like an older guy, sometimes they don't. Since I turned 30, I have approached hundreds of them, and banged a few. Sometimes they think you are an older creep and sometimes they just dig your style. I haven't really figured out any patterns or formulas. All you can do is approach, approach, approach and find one that vibes with you. Again, I have had a few tell me that they like men not boys. They can be naive and inexperienced which can be a good thing.

Quote: (05-26-2011 02:26 AM)Tim9000 Wrote:  

We all have different genetics which govern the age at which we grey and/or lose our hair, get wrinkles, and in some cases lose the ability to maintain a relatively lean physique with minimal effort. Men who look *great* at 25 can with a bit of bad luck with genetics look completely different at age 35.

Take care of yourself. Try to age gracefully. The longer you look fresh and healthy, the longer you can Game women. I have a 35 year old friend who looks 28. And I have 35 year old friend who looks 48. Guess which one has more success with college girls.

Also, to the young guys on this thread. This lifestyle is not for everybody. Most men are not cut out to do this shit after the age of 30-35. Don't you wanna fall in love with a woman? Don't you wanna have kids? Do you really wanna be the single guy at the club when your 35?

Money is more important then girls. These are the things you gotta think about.

Game is not always as glamorous as it seems, their are two sides to everything and if your not careful, being a player can lead to pregnant women, child support payments, angry boyfriends, money wasted, years wasted, diseases, good women that got away, etc.

If you wanna do this shit, do it right.

The player life can get lonely sometimes. Its really not for everybody. Its easy to do in your teens and 20's, but as you get older the thrill can wear off and you may want to settle down. All the late partying can burn you out. Be careful. Don't get girls pregnant and get addicted to expensive, harmful substances. Don't ignore the real you and develop a fake version of yourself. Only the best players can keep this going into their 40's, 50's and beyond.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - ManAbout - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 03:44 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Also, to the young guys on this thread. This lifestyle is not for everybody. Most men are not cut out to do this shit after the age of 30-35. Don't you wanna fall in love with a woman? Don't you wanna have kids? Do you really wanna be the single guy at the club when your 35?

On the other hand, I know a number of married 35 year old guys that are no longer attracted to their aging 35 year old wives and would give their left arm to be in a club grinding behind some 21 year old hottie. Of course, whether they would have any success or not if they were single is another matter.

One more point of caution I would add is that, just because you are a certain age, it doesn't mean that you need to settle and get married to the closest woman around that will say "Yes". I have seen this happen on more than one occassion. I have had guys hit that age where they felt that pressure to get married and have ended up with women that are less than ideal partners. One guy ended up marrying a divorcee who already had a kid. Another decided to tie the knot with an older, overweight woman etc. These are fairly attractive guys with decent careers that I am talking about. The list of horrors goes on.

If I were to choose between being "that 35 year old single guy in the club" or "that 35 year old married guy who lives a suburban life with his overweight wife who does nothing for him", I would choose the first option.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - Vicious - 05-27-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 09:18 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

For those that don't have the budget for $2000 suits and $200 jeans, Zara works very well. It is modern, stylish and reasonably priced. Sure, the clothes might fall apart after a couple of seasons, but that just give you an excuse to go out and buy the latest stuff.

H&M is also a great resource for wear & tear dress shirts. I would not recommend it as base for your wardrobe but as filler under a v-neck CK/Brooks brothers wool sweater they will do fine. H&M suit jackets is also something you can stop with and party wildly in without consideration of the health of the item. I always keep one for those evenings when I'm expecting a real thrashing or when I know I'll be in easily impressed company.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - K-man - 05-28-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 06:23 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

On the other hand, I know a number of married 35 year old guys that are no longer attracted to their aging 35 year old wives

Now this is really something to avoid. I'm 35 but my wife is 26 (just turned last month, in fact). When she is 35 I hope she's still attractive but even if she isn't, it would be easier for me to reconcile to this fact seeing as I would be 45 then and would not have a chance anyway with the college girls at the club.

As for splurging on an expensive hotel suite IN THE HOPES of bringing a girl there (which you may not), I don't think this is cost-efficient. For the several hundred bucks difference vs. the cost of a normal hotel room you can just call a beautiful escort right away, and save yourself the hassle. Now I know a lot of you guys here are against this in principle, and want a girl "who likes me for me, not for my money" but how is it different if she likes you for your $1000 hotel suite and your $3000 suit instead?

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - rozayINTL - 05-28-2011

Well, your not paying her - directly - to fuck you. That defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Sometimes I wonder if it's possible for a man to have both the player lifestyle, and the wife and kids. I know it might seem immoral as hell & very naive to consider that.. but what if you have a wife that knows the "emperor must be entertained." What if..

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - thegmanifesto - 05-28-2011

In regards to the questions about hotel suites:

I never have paid full price for a penthouse suite. Upgrades.

Many times in the past I never paid for them at all.

That's the key.

"can only be used by about 1% of the single male population"

We'll I guess that is about right considering about 99% of the single male population these days either wears glittery shirts or skinny jeans.

In all seriousness, like a lot of the other posters eloquently said, living the lifestyle doesn't cost as much as it probably seems to you. You have to hustle.

And making more money is key.

That being said, I will probably be coming out with more moves for the financially challenged soon.

Like I said above, when I was younger I had minimal dough.

I tend to write more about recent things not the older ones.

I wish I would have started writing when I was 18.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - txbeachbum - 05-28-2011

Quote: (05-28-2011 09:33 AM)rozayINTL Wrote:  

Well, your not paying her - directly - to fuck you. That defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Sometimes I wonder if it's possible for a man to have both the player lifestyle, and the wife and kids. I know it might seem immoral as hell & very naive to consider that.. but what if you have a wife that knows the "emperor must be entertained." What if..

You always pay -

some up front - escorts
some during - marriage/dating
some after - divorce

But you will ALWAYS pay

Same shit different toilet, I don't think staying at $2000 a night would would do anything but attract gold diggers and freebie hoes as those would be the typical girls that are impressed.

Now staying in a good location logistics wise... I agree is worth every penny.

Now if you meet a woman already staying there, thats a whole different thing cause she may have something going on for herself. Or pimpin the $h9t out of somebody wallet.

I''m not into escorts, I still like thrill of the chase I guess. But I can understand the point 100%.

She want $$ you wanna fuck which is all most relationships are anyway just disguised under this thing called love, marriage etc.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - rudebwoy - 05-28-2011

Quote: (05-27-2011 02:23 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Who says

I agree very strongly with this. I'm by no means pimping but I have a few friends in their 40's and I can feel their envy when I tell them I am off to this country or I am off to America again.

Fcuk waiting. I waited too long. I came to America to make it happen. Work the 9-5 but keep your eye on your own business and work that own business like you have no 9-5.
Something's gotta give.

I second this and what txbeachbum wrote.

Live now and not for the future, yes you can plan but life is moving so fast these days.
No corporate jobs are guaranteed these days, heck I had a decent gig a couple of years back and they came to me with the option to go to a shitty position or 1 years salary. I took the money and ran, only to find the job market is a bitch. (This was in 2004).
One thing I learnt about working the corporate job is that you have to kiss alot of ass to get to a decent level. Also, what type of job are you doing that you can earn $250k a year.??
In Toronto, we have University grads pumping gas, working grocery stores or simply not working. I imagine America is not much different or even worse.

Getter Older in The Game, What you have to look forward to - iknowexactly - 05-28-2011

Quote: (05-28-2011 12:02 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Who says

As someone who is really poor at business ( really lack the market sense and killer instinct) I made out fairly well as a government employee. ( From a good State, not Federal unless you're young, I think Federal takes 20 years to get a pension. )

I spent my 20's playing the guitar and avoiding work. I'm still quite happy about that. You can 't start that when you're 40 or even 30.

When I grudgingly started working, the pension scheme was only 5 years at 55 years of age, so you got about 10% of your pay yearly after 5 years of work when you retired at 55 years old.

That state has since raised the period to 10 years before you get a pension, and to 60 years old as retirement.

Although my pension is small, it's enough to live on in, say, the Philippines, and if I hadn't had a job that basically forced me to save indirectly for retirement I would have saved nothing.

The people here who talk about starting businesses should realize that is to some degree an innate ability, unless you do something fairly foolproof like buy a MacDonalds, which brings you back to square zero-- because you need-- IDK-- millions to do that, and where do you get it.

I tried to start many businesses, and the only one that succeeded (on quite a small scale) was a lawn-mowing business, and that was way too low status for me to deal with for long.

And one has to generally have way above average IQ and work stamina to capture one of these 250k jobs people mention here rather off-handedly.
I think some advice that is good sense is start saving young, hell or high water, PAY YOURSELF FIRST.

Then in 20-25 years you should have a lot of capital, and you aren't at the mercy of just any boss.

Ironically, my father was quite good at business, and when I asked him what he would have done in today's environment he said "sales." Most people don't want to do it, and you get a higher return on your intellectual preparation time than just about any other profession unless you are a genius and can learn some exotic computer stuff in just a couple years.

Many true intellectual mediocrities made a LOT of money during the real estate boom, and it is very, very simple. A license to steal-- you have to have a broker somewhere in the transaction, I don't think you can easily sell owner to owner-- or at least most people don't. And what do they do? Dress nice, pass the state test, and visit houses with people. You can't compare that to the intellectual effort of medicine, programming, or any serious professional endeavor.

And as previous posters and myself have mentioned-- having kids in the American legal/family court/child support system? : [might as well be] priceless.

Unless you're at 200K +, forget being free before the kids are 20. They can collect as long as they're in college in some ways I believe. If you have them in your 20's you might be free by your 40's.