Roosh V Forum
Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone watch Game of Thrones? (/thread-6867.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - The Black Knight - 05-19-2019

Quote: (05-19-2019 11:18 PM)tugofpeace Wrote:  

Quote: (05-19-2019 11:02 PM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

HAHAHAHAHA!

Check this out - Change.org petition:

Quote:Quote:

Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers.

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on.

This series deserves a final season that makes sense.

Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!

source: https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game...nt-writers

As of now, it's at 1,138,668 signatures! You read that right. There are multiple MSM articles talking about the petition.

Dumb and Dumber's career might not be so safe after all. We shall see.

Even if 10 million people signed, what does it matter? It would take a long time (I'm assuming) to refilm this season, a lot of money, and would require all the actors to agree. What incentive do they really have? What happens if they don't?

It's not about getting a new season in my view.

It's about keeping D&D away from other things; be it future GOT stuff or things like Star Wars.

If their rep gets tainted enough, it could have in impact.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Disney or someone else (investors in Star Wars - direct or indirect) is pushing the MSM coverage of this. They might have realized recently that they made a huge mistake going with D&D for Star Wars and are now setting the stage for an out to fire them

On the other hand, Disney is giving Rian Johnson (director of The Last Jedi) an entire trilogy apparently so who knows. If anything, Disney seems hellbent on digging their hole with Star Wars even deeper.

Talk about killing the golden goose.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - [email protected] - 05-20-2019

I just read the synopsis. Very underwhelming final episode.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Leonard D Neubache - 05-20-2019

Quote: (05-19-2019 10:25 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Well, thank god he finally pet his dog.

[Image: g5pGXRI.png]

White wolves are not suitable as pets and should be genocided.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - luckyfever - 05-20-2019

What a great production.

No matter how "terrible" everyone thinks Season 8 is, the real winners are the producers/investors/stakeholders behind the show.

So what does it matter that the season was bad? You were never owed a good ending.

What mattered was that you kept watching.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Captainstabbin - 05-20-2019

I liked the first half - until Jon whacked Dany. Then things fell apart.

Jon would have been executed by either Drogon, The Unsullied or the Dothraki...probably on sight...followed by Tyrion. This would be done in the weeks or months it took to assemble everyone at KL.

The King Bran thing is dumb. Arya wants to see what's west of Westeros, can't Bran already tell her? Just look though the eyes of anyone either there or had ever traveled there.

Did Greyworm speak for the Dothraki too? I can't imagine them wanting to do anything but get back home and start raping and pillaging again. Why go to Naath now that Missandei is dead? Why not go back to the slaver cities and make sure Daario is handling things?

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Paracelsus - 05-20-2019

Quote: (05-20-2019 01:59 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Did Greyworm speak for the Dothraki too? I can't imagine them wanting to do anything but get back home and start raping and pillaging again. Why go to Naath now that Missandei is dead? Why not go back to the slaver cities and make sure Daario is handling things?

I think the Dothraki were meant to be covered in the assertion that Grey Worm became commander of all of Daenerys's forces.

That aside, they're likely going to Naath to recruit a big, black, muscular army of angry ninjas. Perhaps they'll make an exception to the normal (((dick chopping))) practice that apparently makes an Unsullied stronk.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - KMK - 05-20-2019

Naath is a suicide mission. https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.html/Butterfly_fever

Also, Sam was the first one to push Jon to reveal that he's the rightful heir to the throne - and he doesn't suggest Jon as king? Doesn't even say goodbye? How much did the two of them go through together, and he didn't even say "See yas! Take care, brush your hair!"

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Sgt Donger - 05-20-2019

I liked the last episode but it didn't answer a lot of questions...the Faceless Men, what happened to them?...the Children of the Forest, what happened to them? What became of the dragons? Where is Jon Snow going?

Too many throw away plot lines.

Maybe the books wrap it up better.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Dan Woolf - 05-20-2019

Dany finally got what she most desperately wanted: to get penetrated by Jon.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - etwsake - 05-20-2019

I know I'm in the minority.....but I liked it. It was a happy ending. I'd had my fill of death and destruction. I was just glad to see just about everyone live happily ever after.

I never liked that mouthy broad anyway. Glad she got killed. Fairly early in the episode too.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Simeon_Strangelight - 05-20-2019

Quote: (05-20-2019 01:59 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

I liked the first half - until Jon whacked Dany. Then things fell apart.

Jon would have been executed by either Drogon, The Unsullied or the Dothraki...probably on sight...followed by Tyrion. This would be done in the weeks or months it took to assemble everyone at KL.

The King Bran thing is dumb. Arya wants to see what's west of Westeros, can't Bran already tell her? Just look though the eyes of anyone either there or had ever traveled there.

For some reason the show creators cut away whenever the tricky things happen:

+ how does the hero manage to come out alive after being surrounded by 100 zombies?
+ how does everyone react to the news of Jon being Aegon Targaeryan?
+ how do the Dothraki and Unsullied react to finding out that Jon Snow kills her queen right after her greatest victory?

Better cut that shit out and hardly mention it again, because obviously they couldn't show diverse men go apeshit in anger. Obviously they would, but they could never in a million years show that. And it also shows that they don't like to have to write difficult, complex scenes. Dumb and Dumber love silent emoting scenes with no dialogue where they just film an actor having one emotion they especially are fond of.

And if the next installments are going to be directed by strong independent wahmen, then you can expect even greater things on the level of Star Trek Discovery STD or Batwoman. You will see plenty of female soldiers fighting beside men and other crap like that.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - crystalcastle - 05-20-2019

Quote: (05-19-2019 11:55 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

Quote: (05-19-2019 11:02 PM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

HAHAHAHAHA!

Check this out - Change.org petition:

As of now, it's at 1,138,668 signatures! You read that right. There are multiple MSM articles talking about the petition.

Dumb and Dumber's career might not be so safe after all. We shall see.

So let me get this straight:

- invasion at the southern border
- education system is a joke
- crumbling infrastructure
- millions uninsured
- looming war in Iran

But more than a million fuckwits were able to sign a petition to re-write a fantasy TV show.

We deserve whatever happens to us.

God help us if there's ever another world war.

Yeah - but on another note.

The people have more of a chance to affect TV series being made than they have to affect real change. The people voted in the other guy who was supposed to fix it all.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Paracelsus - 05-20-2019

Better question:

How the fuck does anyone know that Jon killed Daenerys?

This is the perfect fucking crime! No witnesses, Jon has no bloodstains on himself, has no weapon, the Iron Throne's been melted to slag, no body for anyone to autopsy, and a very available patsy in the big firebreathing lizard that isn't necessarily amenable to control at all times! Shovel a few ashes or a few fucking rocks over the bloodstains, come running out of the throne room screaming that the dragon's gone crazy and eaten Daenerys, and hey, peaceful transition of power to the Autist Of The North!

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Jetset - 05-20-2019

Brienne taking over the book at the end, patiently writing out a page, then mindlessly slamming it shut on the wet ink in a hurry and smearing everything without realizing it.

That was the most self-aware the writing has been all season.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - JohannesAusPrag - 05-20-2019

Biggest disappointment is that I haven't got to see Sophie Turner nude..

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - eradicator - 05-20-2019

Ok great point about John committing the perfect crime. Tyrion should have given him a better cover story for regicide: Dany thought she was invulnerable to fire like the mad king. She approached the throne while drogon burned it and died. Drogon carries her away.

If you are going to kill a queen you had better have a plan for afterwards

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - porscheguy - 05-20-2019

I don’t see why grey worm was still all butthurt about Missandei even after yara showed up. I’m sure she would have gladly been his new scissor sister.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Syberpunk - 05-20-2019

I'm surprised the six kingdoms weren't allowed to be become their independent nations or that they didn't push for it, but the Starks get the North as independent no problem, I'm sure the populace loved the fact the outward brackets Starks divided them that way to suit themselves, lol.

Were the population so worn out they couldn't care?

Quote: (05-20-2019 08:01 AM)Syberpunk Wrote:  

I'm surprised the six kingdoms weren't allowed to be become their independent nations or that they didn't push for it, but the Starks get the North as independent no problem, I'm sure the populace loved the fact the outward brackets Starks divided them that way to suit themselves, lol.

Were the population so worn out they couldn't care?

[Image: athlyoasz9z21.png?width=640&crop=smart&a...613721232f]

The funny part is that the explanation given of "we suffered much" is ridiculous.

She could have said - we fought the Night King and defeated him in Winterfell - or otherwise all other kingdoms would be gone. So we deserve our strong independent kingdom.

Meanwhile someone says: "But I thought that the Night King got killed by a faceless man? We gladly would have hired one if all it took was some gold."

It's funny when the show tries to stroke the fandom-balls by putting in all the main characters to the king's council.

Bran got to be king because of reasons and because Sansa said this publicly:

[Image: sb6ijuu2baz21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...37a4483667]

Then they promote everyone - Tyrion has made so many errors that he has a lifetime to correct them? What kind of bullshit is that? Usually someone who makes many mistakes will continue to do many mistakes, but I guess since he helped elect Bran, then he gets to stay.

And what are Bronn's qualifications for the finance minister exactly? He likes to drink, quip, bang whores and is good at killing? Littlefinger was a smart self-made man, so aside from some skimming it's clear that he would do the job well, but Bronn was just put in there for the fandom normies.

Bran - why do you need a Master of Whispers when you can warg into a mouse and listen in on everyone plus have the collected history of Westeros in you? And history entails what has happened just 10 seconds ago:

[Image: xdqlhlae7az21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...8220eb3ce5]

The dragon was like:

[Image: 590qdv77jaz21.png?width=640&crop=smart&a...557a73d2ae]

It would have been so much better to have him fuck her brains out before episode 4, put on his new Targaeryan armor, have them both ride on land on their dragons, quickly defeat Cersei - more by the Unsullied slipping in through Tyrion's passage into the Red Keep, then have Aegon threaten Dany to bitch-slap her if she gets out of line.

Jon "I am the Dragon" Targaeryan.

[Image: rh0yy5p2laz21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...d53bf5b5b3]

The end. The realm is strong when men are strong. The realm turns to ashes when women are allowed to rule.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Elmore - 05-20-2019

Utter bilge. Plot holes you could fly a dragon through. So Danny just decided to go wandering without her guard into the throne room, Jon follows her in there and shivs her up, unmolested? All the unsullied guards are like 'hey where's the Queen? i dunno lads, think she just went for a walk, she'll probably be back any time now - oh no!!! Dastardly Jon Snow has killed her the literal bastard!!!'.

How the fuck was the death of the Queen and the aftershocks just jumped to find Jon in a beard and a cell? The power vacuum that would have ensued, with a vengefful Migrant Army of bloodthirsty rapists and the Unsullied just sposed to have yielded like that? 'oh well lads, the mother of dragons we've all followed for years has just been betrayed, and here we are in a broken Westeros that's wide open to our rape and plunder, best to just trust the judicial process, put him in a cell, then go off across the ocean in boats we fucking hate, and serve under a Mullato with no cock. It's for the best'.

Then just the terrible writing. Edmund, or whatever the fuck his name was, lobbying to be king and when told by Empowered Grrl of the North to sit down, he turns and clunks his sword against a pilalr (DOH!). 'oh guys, that's soooo edmund!!!'. Then the appalling 'callback' to Stannis 'fewer' moment. 'no one is going to tell you no women are allowed on the Nights Watch'. Bron, a character that should have been killed off 3 seasons ago, turning up at the council for some banter. Brienne wearing plate armour all the fucking time....

I know it's been said a thousand times, but just the chasm of difference between the early seasons and that is remarkable. Martin must be watching thru his fingers, if he gives a shit compared to the fortune he must have made from it.

All in all, the last 3 seasons have felt like vandalism, and i feel a mug for not tapping out in season 5 when the penny dropped how bad the show writers were.

Yeah - the Dothraki were shown later strolling through town like integrated immigrants.

Their queen was killed and even if you discard the fact that they would not have taken revenge - they could have just ridden around, raped and pillaged half of Westeros before anyone would be able to stop them. Yeah - let's follow the dickless general into an island that is known to mysteriously kill all non-natives within days.

Supposedly the Behind the Episodes extensive commentaries are the most telling why this is all written the way it is. The showrunners don't care about a decent plot, world-building or even story. They want mostly certain scenes for visual reasons on top of emoting of actors - best without dialogue. They don't care about plot, logic, reasoning and that includes giving the actors reasons for their actions. This is exactly what happened in The Farce Awakens and The Last Jedi. The director/writer did not give two shits about "motivation" story - they told him to emote this feeling on his face and then do this action because it was funny or "looked cool". It did not matter jack-shit that the character was raped, that certain actions destroyed the entire lore and made no sense - nah - it had to be cool.

This is infinitely worse than the Prequels, because there it all made sense even if the execution was corny at times. Here the execution looks cool, but nothing makes sense and you are left empty afterwards.

And the reason for this emptiness is because it lacks the core fundamentals of good story-telling and character development. You don't even need a happy ending to get that satisfying finish.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? - Jetset - 05-20-2019

Quote: (05-20-2019 08:44 AM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

[Image: 590qdv77jaz21.png?width=640&crop=smart&a...557a73d2ae]

[Image: kd8o4u3lsbz21.jpg]

[Image: i7u2ouuk1az21.jpg]

Quote: (05-20-2019 09:03 AM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

They want mostly certain scenes for visual reasons on top of emoting of actors - best without dialogue.

Mission accomplished. This visual was a great shot.
[Image: 5zuRnWQ.jpg?1]

Plot hole explained?
[Image: 4ZeUlkg.jpg]

[Image: 7dNtSer.jpg]
[Image: aXQ2Kat.jpg]