Roosh V Forum
Bang Osaka - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Bang Osaka (/thread-21902.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Bang Osaka - Cattle Rustler - 10-08-2013

Opener - noun- : "The first words that come out of one's mouth "

Bang Osaka - Menace - 10-08-2013

Given the issues you've had, maybe it's best to get into an LTR while you're in Osaka because you know you can approach, etc. Hell, just enjoy the company of a nice girl and relax and enjoy life. This grinding day in day out is just not good for the soul I think, although you appear to be handling it well.

Bang Osaka - Sargon of Akkad - 10-08-2013

Quote: (10-08-2013 10:45 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Given the issues you've had, maybe it's best to get into an LTR while you're in Osaka because you know you can approach, etc. Hell, just enjoy the company of a nice girl and relax and enjoy life.

I was thinking about that as well, but even then, I would have to get an LTR in the first place. The ideal scenario would be for me simply to have a regular anyway. Even if conditions here were better, constantly hunting for one night stands is not only time consuming but impractical.

Quote:Quote:

This grinding day in day out is just not good for the soul I think, although you appear to be handling it well.

I handle it as best I can, but it does take its tole. It's important to keep the mind preoccupied with other things.

I haven't been approaching every day for the past month, though. The only reliable way for me to approach every day is to do street approaches, which seem ineffective.

On another note:

Had a date on Sunday night with a girl I approached on the street last Tuesday. Kinda fucked it up, couldn't seal the deal, so I won't expect to be hearing from her again. The girl from Starbucks I mentioned a few posts back never responded, while the girl from the Starbucks at Shinsaibashi first suggested meeting up again, but never responded to my last text (sent c. 9 hours ago). Other than that, I'm supposed to meet a girl from Shanghai this Friday night. We'll see how that turns out.

Bang Osaka - Menace - 10-08-2013

Just find one on-line if you can.

Bang Osaka - Bushido - 10-08-2013

Quote: (10-08-2013 10:14 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

Just to be clear, the "approach" Dreambig quoted above happened at Starbucks, not on the street.

Also, as I wrote above...

I notice the (trashy) woman sitting to my left and think she's probably the type who would give me one of those insta-blowouts if I asked for the time of day, so I decide to test this hypothesis just for the lulz.

These kinds of blowouts simply happen here on occasion. You can tell that it's due to the rampant nampa on the streets. Nothing could have been done to change that.

As far as the "opener", there was no opener to begin with. Saying "excuse me" while tapping someone typically does not produce any negative reaction here whatsoever, as it's just a universal way of getting someone's attention. If a girl blows you out that quickly, you were dead in the water with that one before you opened your mouth. I really don't think that the 250+ rejections I gotten here are due to "excuse me" being the first words coming out of my mouth.

You might be right about this particular girl. There's nothing wrong with saying "excuse me", you are right but why did you stop after that? As far as I can see this wasn't even a blowout. You have to bring more to the interaction than just saying "excuse me". Many girls here are shy as fuck. Assume she is interested and continue talking anyway.

Bang Osaka - Bushido - 10-08-2013

Quote: (10-08-2013 09:12 AM)memcpy Wrote:  

If it's night on the street, try saying "ohayagozaimasu, hisashiburi " (good morning , long time no see) ,

This is good. I use "hisashiburi" (with a grin) all the time. The reactions are priceless.

Here is another example of what works in Japan:

You can also open them in mockingly simple English with questions as simple as "Hello. How are you? What's your name?" like you would ask a child. They get all shy because their English usually sucks.

Then after a few questions you can relieve her of her misery, switch to Japanese and say "Are? Eigo dekinai no? Meccha dekisou nanoni!" (What? You can't speak English? You looked like you could!) followed with something like "Haafu jyanai no?" (You aren't half-foreign?)

This gets a typical J-girl flustered by the following things:
1. Her English sucks and you exposed her for it
2. You actually speak Japanese
3. Why you thought she "looked like" she could speak English (it's a compliment or a subtle neg depending on the girl's outlook)
4. Why you thought she wasn't fully Japanese (also a compliment or a subtle neg depending on the girl's outlook)

And voila you have opened a set with the girl looking inward at herself already. In conclusion, if you are having fun doing this then they will be too.

Bang Osaka - memcpy - 10-09-2013

This grinding day in day out is just not good for the soul I think, although you appear to be handling it well.

I handle it as best I can, but it does take its tole. It's important to keep the mind preoccupied with other things.

i recommend not counting anymore approaches, i used to do that, and when i went on an epic dry spell... looking at the numbers made me feel even more like shit, then my confidence took a dive, then the negativity set in. And i'm sure that didn't help at all when talking to girls.

It's best to just to forget the numbers

Bang Osaka - Sargon of Akkad - 10-09-2013

Quote: (10-09-2013 04:00 AM)memcpy Wrote:  

i recommend not counting anymore approaches, i used to do that, and when i went on an epic dry spell... looking at the numbers made me feel even more like shit, then my confidence took a dive, then the negativity set in. And i'm sure that didn't help at all when talking to girls.

Was this in Japan? I assume it wasn't as severe as my current stats (?) Just curious.

Bang Osaka - Sargon of Akkad - 10-10-2013

Got three prospects at the moment; all three of them are Chinese. Seriously, after six months in Japan it almost brings a tear to my eye at how smoothly setting up a date goes with the average Chinese girl. Maybe this is a good reason to set my next course either for Taiwan or Mainland China. I have spent the past few days further contemplating the potential causes for my current misgivings here in Osaka, and I have momentarily come to the conclusion that there is no one factor to which all can be narrowed down. Since I've been able to pull with relative consistency elsewhere, it can't only be me, but since there are guys who can pull consistently here, it can't just be due to Japan. Here's a list of what I think might be at work here, and as always, it might be of use to people thinking about coming here. Of course, constructive criticism is always welcome.

External factors (i.e. problems with Osaka)

(Extreme) Flakiness:
I’m not going to go terribly deep into this, as I’ve done so multiple times on this forum: Japanese women are (likely) the flakiest on the face of this planet. Sometimes it’s because they were never interested in the first place, other times they were but lost interest later, or they have iPhone induced ADD. Whatever the reason, getting many of them to show up to any meeting is a herculean task in and of itself.

Solution: well…there is none. Deal with it. If you come here and find Japanese girls to be as flakey towards you as they are towards me, you’ll just have to plow through it…or you can approach the Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean or other foreign women here, where flakiness will be much lower.

Extreme wariness and paranoia among Japanese women towards guys
This is almost certainly due to the nampa epidemic which has plagued this place. If the other factors on this list weren’t there, it wouldn’t be too much of a problem, but it is there. In many cases, talking to a woman you don’t know in public will get you accused of nampa. I just approached a woman this evening, whose immediate response after I said “Hi” was “No, sorry, I’m waiting for my boyfriend”. Again, this is something I truly have never encountered anywhere else. You can’t really blame them that much. Anyone who’s been to 2nd tier Chinese cities will know what it’s like to be hounded constantly by people who want something from you so they can get free English practice or brag to their friends they’re friends with a foreigner. Eventually you get so irritated, you end up immediately shutting just about any stranger down. Japanese women are probably similar in this regard.

Solution: Seven words: Stay the fuck away from the street. This is where women will have their guard up the most. In coffee shops, this will be less so, but it’ll still be there to an extent. I’m currently looking more into the University library, where I can find some more Chinese girls, as well as international parties, where it seems the women are more open to being approached.

Costs:
Japan is not cheap. Cover charges at clubs are usually about 2000-3000 yen; expect to blow a lot of cash when you go out.

Solution: come to Japan with enough cash, or get a good paying job while you’re here. Best not to come if you’re on a tight budget.

Early closing time for clubs:
A good amount of clubs close at 1:30-2:00, which is a pain if you don’t live near the action, since trains stop running around midnight, so if you live far out in the boondocks and want to go clubbing at Shinsaibashi, prepare to stay until at least 5:00 in the morning.

Solution: Get better logistics.

Internal factors (i.e. shit I need to get better at)

Wardrobe:
Basically, I dress like what I am: a poor university student: button up and jeans. While wardrobe alone cannot be the sole cause of this fiasco, a change definitely wouldn’t hurt, and I can use all the help I can get. Surprisingly, pretty a lot of the Westerners I see here with local girlfriends look like absolute hobos to me.

Wallet
So far I’ve been surviving here on a monthly scholarship. Decent amount, but obviously with more money I’d be able to invest more on my wardrobe and go out more, hence why I've been looking around for work.

Game:
Of course, it could always be better. I'm not a chump but not a protege, either. But until now it was never so bad as to facilitate these results. Only solution I can come up with is more practice and to watch better guys than me in action.

Logistics, Logistics, Logistics:
Again, if this were the only issue, it wouldn’t be a major problem, but it’s another stone on the camel’s back. I live out in the middle of fucking nowhere, right next to the fucking mountains. Although quite scenic, not the best place for a bachelor: twenty minutes to the closest train station, nothing resembling a bar within the immediate vicinity of my home; from my apartment to either Namba or Umeda it takes 45 minutes to an hour. Again, if I go out, I’m staying until 5:00 AM at the earliest; cabs cost about 6000-7000 yen one way. Like I said, if this were the only problem, it wouldn’t be a big deal, however, in combination with the above mentioned issues…

Solution:This really goes without saying. Should I decide to continue my stay here, it is imperative that I get a place closer to the action. Then again, this is true wherever you go, not just in Japan.

In general, I really just don’t vibe well with Japanese chics
These chics really just aren’t digging me. If only I had ten yen for each time I’ve made eye contact with a woman downtown and been met with this “Pffffff, mothafucka, you ain’t shit” look. Nowhere else can I recall getting this look as frequently as here; just ’cause they’re polite means nothing when you get that look and that general vibe. Maybe this is more of an Osaka/Kansai thing than elsewhere, but this seems to be the main issue I have above all others, and I have a hard time seeing any possible solution to this. Of course, I’m sure there’s a way of carving out a niche in spite of this (again, lots of Chinese girls), but it appears to me that it’ll always be an uphill battle because of this.

There are still six months to go. We’ll see if I manage to turn this around…

Ceterum censeo Ōsakam esse delendam.

Bang Osaka - Bushido - 10-10-2013

Quote: (10-10-2013 11:57 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

(Extreme) Flakiness:
I’m not going to go terribly deep into this, as I’ve done so multiple times on this forum: Japanese women are (likely) the flakiest on the face of this planet. Sometimes it’s because they were never interested in the first place, other times they were but lost interest later, or they have iPhone induced ADD. Whatever the reason, getting many of them to show up to any meeting is a herculean task in and of itself.

Solution: well…there is none. Deal with it. If you come here and find Japanese girls to be as flakey towards you as they are towards me, you’ll just have to plow through it…or you can approach the Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean or other foreign women here, where flakiness will be much lower.

You are right. The young Japanese girls are definitely flakey. Then again, it is easier than you think to get a huge notch count over here. You have to hit the iron while it's hot as it were.

Solution: Schedule more than one girl per night. Plenty of guys I know do this out of necessity because one will usually flake. If neither flake first then you flake on the less attractive one ("I have to stay behind late at work tonight" or "I have to study for tomorrow's exam" or "I got to do XYZ chore" will never be questioned in Japan).

Got three prospects at the moment; all three of them are Chinese. Seriously, after six months in Japan it almost brings a tear to my eye at how smoothly setting up a date goes with the average Chinese girl. Maybe this is a good reason to set my next course either for Taiwan or Mainland China.

LOL nice man. How the hell are you meeting all these Chinese girls? I am still to get my Chinese flag (unless Taiwan counts). Seems like you do well with them. I personally can't believe you'd find Chinese easier than Japanese. The Chinese I have met were always way too conservative and cliquey compared to Japanese girls. We need to exchange notes [Image: tard.gif]

In general, I really just don’t vibe well with Japanese chics
These chics really just aren’t digging me. If only I had ten yen for each time I’ve made eye contact with a woman downtown and been met with this “Pffffff, mothafucka, you ain’t shit” look. Nowhere else can I recall getting this look as frequently as here; just ’cause they’re polite means nothing when you get that look and that general vibe. Maybe this is more of an Osaka/Kansai thing than elsewhere, but this seems to be the main issue I have above all others, and I have a hard time seeing any possible solution to this.

I didn't quite get this part. What do you mean? They are making eye contact but then looking away or what?

Bang Osaka - Sargon of Akkad - 10-10-2013

Quote: (10-10-2013 07:48 PM)dreambig Wrote:  

LOL nice man. How the hell are you meeting all these Chinese girls? I am still to get my Chinese flag (unless Taiwan counts). Seems like you do well with them. I personally can't believe you'd find Chinese easier than Japanese. The Chinese I have met were always way too conservative and cliquey compared to Japanese girls. We need to exchange notes [Image: tard.gif]

Well, let me elaborate: right now, I've got a prospect in her mid 20s from Shanghai (date scheduled this evening), a 32-year old from Shandong and a girl in her early twenties from...can't remember (I think Shandong). All are about average looking in appearance. The first is a student I opened while walking along the river between Nishi-Temman and Kyobashi, the second I met at a Whynot event targeting non-Japanese Asians, and the third I approached on the street in Shinsaibashi. All I actually met quite a while back, but for various reasons, scheduling a date was out of the question (out of town, I was broke for a month, etc). Actually, the last girl I'd just stopped calling because I was put off by her unreal stupidity. Couple nights ago, we ran into each other in the street and decided to take the same subway back.

It's usually easy for me to meet Chinese girls because I speak Mandarin, and they really open up to you if you can speak even the slightest bit of Chinese. It doesn't automatically mean they're into you, but it is a DHV, to use the forum lingo and it's certainly get's your foot in the door. Also, the university I'm studying at is packed with exchange students from China (mainly Northerners/Northeasterners). Like I said, I can still get rejected/flaked on by a Chinese chic, and you certainly still have to play the numbers, just nowhere near as much as with Japanese girls.

I personally can't believe you'd find Chinese easier than Japanese. The Chinese I have met were always way too conservative and cliquey compared to Japanese girls.

It's true that they're generally more conservative, usually don't drink and will rarely put out or kiss on the first date. Just takes a bit more patience.

I didn't quite get this part. What do you mean? They are making eye contact but then looking away or what?

It's difficult to describe in words without showing it. It's just a general vibe I get, and it's more than just shyness. It's subtle, but still a very noticable sense of dislike and dismissal. It's in both the body language and the looks I often get upon eye contact. Of course, it's especially strong with these really high maintenence chics, but not exclusive to them.

262 approaches, 65 numbers, 16 dates, 9 makeouts, 2 bangs.

Delenda est Ōsaka!

Bang Osaka - Bushido - 10-11-2013

I was writing a post about fashion/improving your vibe but fuck that. Assuming you wash and dress at least reasonably that's not your problem here.

Quote: (10-10-2013 10:35 PM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

It's difficult to describe in words without showing it. It's just a general vibe I get, and it's more than just shyness. It's subtle, but still a very noticable sense of dislike and dismissal. It's in both the body language and the looks I often get upon eye contact.

There is a strong possibility that YOU ARE MINDFUCKING YOURSELF here. You're having a dry spell which is attributing to these negative assumptions. Fact is, you know shit about what these girls are thinking.

Can you see how you are associating good feelings to Chinese girls and bad feelings to Japanese girls?

It's all down to your past experiences. You need more positive points of reference for Japanese girls.

Bang some 5s and 6s. Trail Japan Cupid for pussy. Do some language exchanges. Meet a new girl every night in Starbucks. Don't be too picky about it. We all start somewhere.

Banging a few average girls will at least show you there are plenty of girls here who want your cock. Watch your assumptions skyrocket with a few more notches.

What am I thinking when a J-girl makes eye contact with me?

"She wants me."

What is the difference between me and you?

Positive points of reference my friend.

Bang Osaka - Sargon of Akkad - 10-11-2013

Quote: (10-11-2013 03:08 AM)dreambig Wrote:  

There is a strong possibility that YOU ARE MINDFUCKING YOURSELF here. You're having a dry spell which is attributing to these negative assumptions. Fact is, you know shit about what these girls are thinking.

Can you see how you are associating good feelings to Chinese girls and bad feelings to Japanese girls?

It's all down to your past experiences. You need more positive points of reference for Japanese girls.

I was beginning to think that myself. It is definitely possible that much of my perception has been warped.

Still, I still have to wonder why it is that I've been striking out so disproportionately often here. I can definitely see how my increasingly negative perception has been having an even further impact on my results. These negative points of references are relatively new, also. I pretty much started this whole thing assuming a Girl was interested upon eye contact, so I'm still somewhat baffled as to what has been causing this incredibly long dryspell. It is difficult to get one's mind around. You're also right that my wardrobe can't be that much of a problem, as I've seen total bums who were able to pull here. Thanks for the imput either way.

Delenda est Osaka.

Bang Osaka - Sargon of Akkad - 10-13-2013

Kyōto and Ōsaka:

I recently made another day excursion to Kyōto, during which I later met up with Scotch, went to a bar, had a few drinks, approached some girls, and had another insta-date with a girl I later approached after Scotch and I’d parted ways. I’ll give a more detailed description of those later, but during this recent trip I couldn’t help but notice striking differences in the overall mentalities of Ōsaka and Kyōto that I hadn’t given much thought to before and which seem relevant to gaming women in these two cities (warning: generalisations following)...

The Overall Quality and Style of Women:

Generally speaking, a lot of Osakan women are extremely sexy, wearing clothing I usually refer to as ‘stripperific’: very short skirts or anything that’ll show off the legs and ass, ridiculously tall high-heals, generally sexy and revealing clothing overall. On the downside, many of them are extremely high maintenance and lie more on the slightly trashy end that flirts a bit with vulgarity. Expect to see a lot of fake nails, fake eyelashes, colored contacts, hair extensions, bleach-blond hair, inch-thick makeup, and just a generally ditzy vibe to them. This is especially the case with girls in Shinasaibashi and Umeda. You find a lot of extremely hot women, but few classy ones, in my opinion. A few times, during my first month in Osaka, I would see a woman in a mini-skirt with gigantic high-heals and wonder if she was a prostitute or an escort of some kind. It was only after a while that I realized they were just regular girls out on the town.

In Kyōto, on the other hand, while you find fewer girls who look ultra-sexy and generally fewer girls whom you’d have this nearly uncontrollable urge to fuck on sight, they more often than not tend to be much classier than the masses of Osakan girls. Sure, they wear heals, but rarely of these ridiculous proportions. They often dye their hair, but you see few who are bleached to the point of seeming too unnatural. In general, you simply find far fewer girls I’d regard as trashy. I more often than not noticed girls who were more pretty than hot. Again, they take great care of their appearance, but most of the time their attire isn’t as hyper-sexualized as a lot of the girls you see in Osaka.

Nampa-Paranoia (or Lack Thereof):

Ōsaka certainly seems to have a much stronger Nampa culture than Kyōto, leading to much more paranoia among local women towards being approached by men they don’t know.
I still need more data to confirm this, but walking around the train station and the Sanjō 三条 area, which is filled with shops, bars, restaurants, coffee shops, more bars and more coffee shops, there’s one thing I found missing entirely: the groups of nerdy young guys with their hair greased back, loitering at corners, nervously fidgeting around crowded areas and creeping up from the side on every woman who crosses their paths before trailing after them like some sick homeless puppy and desperately leaning in, only to be ignored completely the moment the first syllable exits their mouths. Had this been a crowded area in Osaka, you would have found these guys everywhere, but in these two busy areas of Kyoto, I saw none of that; not even a glimpse.

The effects of this are quite visible as well: on the street, I approached two women and struck up conversations with about three or four others. Not one of them seemed in any way apprehensive about being approached by me. One even went directly into a coffee shop with me. Obviously, six women isn’t a very good sample, but normally if I approach six women in a crowded area in Umeda or Dōtomburi, I can expect at least one of them to ignore me and run off the moment I open my mouth, while at least two others will seem apprehensive to talk to me. Again, I need more data to confirm this, but it seems interesting nonetheless.

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned ‘not vibing well’ with Japanese women and getting negative body language from them upon making eye contact, though I wasn’t able to put my finger exactly on what exactly it was, upon which Dreambig suggested I was mindfucking myself due to my bad experiences. This I largely agreed with, as it's easy to see how my perception could have been warped into interpreting things that weren't there. However, upon returning from Kyōto to Ōsaka it appeared this wasn’t entirely in my head. You do notice a clear, almost immediate difference getting off the train in Ōsaka: upon eye-contact there’s an immediate wariness in the eyes, the face immediately looks away, the shoulders and the neck stiffen oh so slightly, and the body is directed in a way that would make darting off easier, almost like you’re a potential mugger or rapist. It’s subtle but still there nonetheless. With some women (particularly the hotter ones), this wariness in the eyes manifests itself as a slightly arrogant look, almost a sort of instant dismissal you’d normally see in club girls with attitudes and bitch shields. That’s kind of what places like Hikkakebashi and Dōtomburi remind me of: they’re clubs with bad ratios, just on the street. This is certainly not universal, but walk around a crowded area and I seem to notice it often enough.

There’s one other place I’ve seen this frequently: at Kyōbashi, in the wide open space between the station’s West Exit and the Keihan Mall entrance, or ‘Nampa Square’, as I call it. I’ve recently taken a liking to watching these guys in action -- not only them but the body language of the women as they speed from one end of the Square to the other, trying to dodge the nampa-otoko camping out there day and night. These men seem like the Real Social Dynamics guys I recall Roosh mentioning in Toronto, and you see a very similar reaction among the women to what I’ve experienced. I’m still not certain whether or not this is in my head, but the fact that it was conspicuously absent both times I went to Kyōto seems to indicate there’s something to it.

To sum things up, Ōsaka has much sexier but also much skankier/high-maintenance women (for the record, I’ve never mixed well with really ditzy, ultra-high maintenance chics), who on average at least seem to be more paranoid towards guys due to a much stronger prevalence of nampa than is the case Kyōto. I’m sure this cannot be the sole cause of this dry spell I’ve been experiencing, but so far it seems to be playing a role. I definitely plan to come back to Kyoto, mainly because I like the laid back atmosphere of the place as well as the temples and culture, so I’ll be able to test this little hypothesis further. If there’s something to it, then it could mean my problem lies more with Ōsaka than it does with Japan as a whole, making the issue easier to remedy. Kobe and Nara are also places I need to check out more to get a comparison. More info coming soon...

Ōsaka delenda est!

Bang Osaka - Sargon of Akkad - 10-14-2013

Sunday, 13th October, 2013 (Kyoto Excursion)

Decided to check out Kyoto again. Spent most of the day checking out Temples. During the evening met up with Skotch at Sanjō to go for a couple drinks. While waiting, I approach this girl on a bridge, but I’m not only rusty but too lazy to think of a reasonable excuse to approach her, so I go direct. Didn’t get anything from that.

Headed to Hub with Skotch (interestingly, despite being marketed as a British style pub, you never see any foreigners there. The staff and the clientele are always pretty much Japanese only, and it’s largely the same with all foreign themed establishments). Skotch notes how the girl behind the counter apparently seems to hate his guts and is smiling through her teeth at him. I didn’t pay attention but I did notice the service in Osaka was much friendlier, which is not at all to say that it’s rude in Kyoto, just not as especially friendly as Osaka. He describes how many of the Japanese are apparently racist, later noting how my dryspell in Japan may be partially due to xenophobia. I can’t say I’d ever really considered this, but since I haven’t noticed anything I could explicitly identify as racism thus far, I can’t comment on it either way.

We see a crowd gathering around the club whose name I believe was “Zaza Pub” or “Zaza Bar” or something. Up stares there seems to be some type of speed dating like event going on, and around us on the first floor we see pairs of girls being approached by pairs of guys. Across from us there’s a pair of 6s or 7s getting their ears talked off by two guys, trying in no way to conceal the fact that they’re bored out of their skulls by them. Skotch tries to beckon them over to him, but they don’t notice us. Instead we draw two relatively plain looking girls to our table, one relatively tall for Japanese chics, the other has the body and face of a 12-year-old, the mannerisms and facial expression of a 30 year old. “Call me a paedo if you want, but I’d hit it,” I say. Skotch is keeping the attention mainly of the taller one, while I and the 12-year old are left orbiting around the corner. I beckon her over to sit next to me and we bullshit for about 15 minutes. She’s shy and nerdy, but talks in a way that makes me think she’s much older than me “28 years old” OK not that much older. We exchange numbers, Skotch has a date in a few minutes, so he leaves, after which the tall one pulls the 12-year-old (whose name I can’t remember now) away and leaves me behind. Oh well, I think. chug down my drink and walk out of the bar.

On the street there’s a pretty girl walking beside me. Hair dyed dark-brown, mid-twenties, decent body, pretty face; as with a lot of Kyoto girls, not stripperific, but pretty nonetheless, I’d give her a 7.5.
I opened by asking if there were any interesting bars or clubs around nearby. Somehow that led to the two of us chatting on the street for a few minutes. Since she’d just gotten off work and was out window shopping, I suggesting the two of us head into the coffee shop that happened to be right next to us, sat down and bullshitted while drinking our coffee. Seem to be hitting it off pretty well. Nice girl, pretty, not overtly sexy but still hot in my book. Upon stepping outside I suggest exchanging numbers, to which she has this typical, nervous and hesitant response.

“でも...アイム・マーリッド/"But...I’m married,” she says (using Katakana-Engrish) in a way where I can’t tell if she’s pulling it out of her ass or not.

“ほっまに?/Really?” I say, arching my eyebrow, smirking with a look of doubt on my face. “何年ぐらい?/How many years?”

“六か月/Six months.”

She still gives me her email and suggests that we go off to a local store across the street. We spend about…uh…I don’t know how long strolling downtown and bullshitting. Didn’t make any major effort to escalate…very un-Rooshy, but she remains interested and flirty. I say I’ll message her when I’m in Kyoto again.

Started a few conversations with a couple other random girls. In general, I have to say I like Kyōto much better than Ōsaka, not specifically for the women; in general it’s just a more laid back and cultured city, and it’s nicer on the eyes, fewer weirdos and drunkards. Coming back to Kyōbashi Station, I’m surprised at how much I notice the overall difference in vibe. Coming down the escalator from the platform I’m greeted by a guy drunk as balls, being dragged off into a corner by his friends, all the while spewing his vomit onto the floor in front of me, while a pair of trashy girls looks on. Yummy. I walk out to Nampa Square to find the guys in their slicked back anime-style hair and casino style suits waiting for their next victims and the stiff shoulders of the women who walk by. Observing the faces of people who pass me by, I realize more than before that Ōsaka in general is a much more blue-collar area, generally with just more weirdoes hanging around. If I were to exaggerate, I’d say the place seems a just bit like Japan’s Jersey Shore (though this may be a bit misleading). I’ll definitely need to delve deeper into other parts of Japan over the next few months.

So far that makes…
266 approaches, 68 numbers, 18 dates, 9 makeouts, 2 bangs

Delenda est Ōsaka!

Bang Osaka - Bushido - 10-14-2013

Osaka sounds like it's a big Shibuya. Similar vibe there (trashy but oh so sexy girls) and the blowout ratio is much higher but the sheer number of girls makes up for it. I predict better results in the near future. Keep it coming!

Bang Osaka - Vacancier Permanent - 10-14-2013

Sargon,
From reading your last 2 posts, it seems obvious that a change of location would do wonder to both your morale and success with the J ladies. Can you get transferred to Kyoto or even better, Hokkaido?
From your recent posts, seems that the main factor in your poor results is the venue. Change venue my friend and you may well see a different result as your short excursions in Kyoto have demonstrated.

Good luck!

Bang Osaka - Collide - 10-14-2013

Quote: (10-14-2013 09:43 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Hokkaido?

That's the place to be. I only lived in Tokyo and Hokkaido but had much more success in Hokkaido. Prior to going I kept hearing that they are more weary of foreigners there, but that's completely not true (unless you settle in Otaru). There is a relatively low population of foreigners there, but the people are laid back and open minded. Those two aspects make a great combo. In fact when companies test new food or drink products they first send them to Hokkaido because people there have a more open mind to try something new.

Bang Osaka - Bushido - 10-14-2013

Quote: (10-14-2013 10:09 PM)Collide Wrote:  

That's the place to be. I only lived in Tokyo and Hokkaido but had much more success in Hokkaido. Prior to going I kept hearing that they are more weary of foreigners there, but that's completely not true (unless you settle in Otaru). There is a relatively low population of foreigners there, but the people are laid back and open minded.

In the countryside they ARE more weary of foreigners (especially the guys) but this only works to your advantage. You get a LOT of attention in these places. Kyushu and Hokkaido are both great locations for foreigners as are other bumfuck inaka locations. I would move to Kyushu without hesitation if there were actually jobs there.

I have friends who are killing it in Fukuoka. I had schoolgirls staring me down in the street there. I had girls opening me in the street in Hiroshima. You can get laid in these places without even having game.

Bang Osaka - Collide - 10-14-2013

Quote: (10-14-2013 11:06 PM)dreambig Wrote:  

In the countryside they ARE more weary of foreigners (especially the guys) but this only works to your advantage.

I guess I should say they are weary of foreigners, but open minded enough to let their curiosity take control. As long as you put yourself out there, they will bite.

I've been to real bumfuck inaka areas in Hokkaido and the girls are always curious enough to put aside their xenophobia.

Bang Osaka - memcpy - 10-15-2013

On the street there’s a pretty girl walking beside me. Hair dyed dark-brown,
mid-twenties, decent body, pretty face; as with a lot of Kyoto girls, not stripperific,
but pretty nonetheless, I’d give her a 7.5.

While waiting, I approach this girl on a bridge, but I’m not only rusty but too
lazy to think of a reasonable excuse to approach her, so I go direct. Didn’t get anything from that.

You're still approaching on the street, after thousands of posts of everyone and yourself saying that it's the lowest probability place to talk to girls.

Try roosh's pet shop opener (この辺にペットショップありますか?) or something different. Really try anything different , your posts all sound like your doing the same thing you've been doing. Which is approaching girls on the street and having no success.

Also what exactly is your japanese level? if it's low , it's hard to build a connection.

I can see why scotch is killing it, cause he has a high level in speaking j, adapted his fashion, and can game efficiently in Japanese.

Bang Osaka - Sargon of Akkad - 10-15-2013

Quote: (10-15-2013 07:21 AM)memcpy Wrote:  

You're still approaching on the street, after thousands of posts of everyone saying that it's the lowest probability place to talk to girls.

I've made it clear that the majority of the women I've approached this month were not on the street. Out of the past 22, 19 were either in clubs, bars, international parties or coffee shops.

I'm well aware that street approaches have an incredibly low probability of success, which is why I no longer look specificallly for girls on the street. However, that doesn't mean I won't approach if the opportunity arises.

Also what exactly is your japanese level? if it's low , it's hard to build a connection.

I can see why scotch is killing it, cause he has a high level in speaking j, adapted his fashion, and can game efficiently in Japanese.

I would call my Japanese 'conversational'. I can carry a conversation throughout a date (usually) with no major problems. As far as written Japanese is concerned, I'd say it's text message and email level. Not what I would call advanced (certainly nowhere near Scotch's), but not 'low' either.

Bang Osaka - Skotch - 10-15-2013

@Sargon. You should come to Kyoto more, for sure. It's really not that expensive if you take Keihan from Kyobashi.

Anyone else who's interested in gaming together should contact me. I'm always down for advice and I feel I can offer some too. Hit me up.

Bang Osaka - Sargon of Akkad - 10-15-2013

I definitely plan on doing so. Still lots I want to check out, plus I generally like the vibe of the city more than Osaka, which is also a cool place in and of it's own right, just not as much so, according to my tastes.

Delenda est Osaka

Bang Osaka - Menace - 10-15-2013

Sargon here is what I think:

Osaka: get a Chinese gf
Kyoto: try banging J girl here.